/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
Unseen versus unseen violence, you hate to see it, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2018-02-26 - Still getting worked on & now has 28422 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2018-02-28!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NX8tdj_tObs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for SJW tranny lead developer for Battletech video game.

Is there a story behind this, or just a joke?

Artillery is an excellent force multiplier and difficult to deal with without counter-battery fire or air assets, so I can see why people would get butthurt over it. But most of it is horribly inaccurate and has no way to alter the round in flight (with many shots taking several turns to arrive) so a lot of that rage is unjustified.

youtube.com/watch?v=NX8tdj_tObs

The Battletech video game has literally anything to do with the MOC. Therefore, evidently, everything about the video game is SJW tranny-supporting shit.

user is simply upset that he gets tingly feelings in his dick when thinking about various SJWs, particularly the dickgirls, so he's taking his confusion and frustration out on the Battletech community by doing his level best to spoil anyone else's enjoyment from something of which he personally disapproves.

I enjoy the tingly feelings I get when I visit /d/.

I still hate SJWs for fucking things up and being insufferable twats.

Oh I will still play the shit out of that game, probably.
I just hope it won't be stupid, story and characters wise. But the chances are low.

That's why I have high hopes that there will either be mod support, or it'll get modded regardless like XCOM's Long War mod.

I wonder if the Locust, the Penetrator, that one big crotch gun mech Alex made turns him on more? Does it need implant boobs as well? I wonder....

Seems weird to put so much effort into the diorama and then screw up the scale so hard.

Because actual Robotech scale sucks and is stupid. The human mecha, aside from the Monster, are still undersized by about 20%. The diorama frankly fixes that, which makes it good.

this

you can support equality and still hate SJWs and Canopians

I so want a proper Mechwarrior RPG game with graphics and combat like in XCOM, without mechs, just people with guns, based in Battletech universe.
Ideally with 'mech combat mode but that's too much to ask for.

Character and story wise they're already raising eyebrows with the weird way of writing characters ethnic backgrounds. It's almost always two weird combinations of modern earth ethnicities instead of BT ones.

Do you really want to know what I want? Do you really want to know the truth? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want to see the Federated Suns stretch forth their hand again and command the stars. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power! I want to stop running through my life like a man late for an appointment, afraid to look back or look forward. I want us to be what we used to be! I want... I want it all back the way it was. Does that answer your question?

Be nice to have a game that'd let you do that, commanding an actual war in Battletech. Megamek ATB is fun, but lacking.

>Robotech
Would you like some piss with that shit?

>The human mecha, aside from the Monster, are still undersized by about 20%.

Why would that be? They were meant as mobile point defenses and that doesn't require them to be any big. Big enough to put a guy inside and pull the trigger.

They ended up getting rid of them since they couldn't perform decently. Aside from mobility-enhanced versions of the Monster and Tomahawk. For something bigger than a Valkyrie but smaller than a Macross Quarter in firpower in Monster's case and because some point defense is cool in Tomahawk's case.

B-But Davions are not evil, unlike B5's Centauri. You don't want that.

Inner Sphere Universalis.

Shit I played 10 matches of MVO and already tired of it.
Can't imagine grinding months to buy mechs in that game.

Supporting equality makes you an SJW.

>B-But Davions are not evil, unlike B5's Centauri. You don't want that.

The fuck they aren't. They're the faction run by a northern european white male. That makes them evil by default, and far more evil, relatively speaking, than any other faction in the game.

>not Successor Kings I & II

What's the point lol

Just go play XCOM

There is nothing interesting about BT other than mechs

Mechs are shit. The setting would be better off without them.

TRUCK STONK

Speaking as a European white male (female), all I want is to colonise the "countries" of brown people and steal their resources. I am how I was made.

You hit the nail on the head Battletech mod for Crusader King II would be the perfect game to get the IS feeling, hell that game even has Mongol Invasion as a event that fucks up parts of map, like the Clans.

>Being white makes you more evil than the faction that perpetrated the Kentares Massacre.

I know it's bait, but it's depressing to be reminded that there are people who think this.

>shitposter is super mad he didn't get a chance to shit up the periphery discussion last thread so he tries his hardest unprompted in this one

Somebody was working on a space opera mod that stole certain bits from Battletech as well, but it's been dead for like three years.

Around dracs... etc.
Also never forget a certain massacre.

I feel like Stellaris would almost work better, but it has problems of the ground combat being utterly boring, and you'd need to massively prune back a lot of the tech like megastructures and psi-stuff.

FUCK! I really don't want to wait until April for the new Battletech game!

Shoulda got the beta, frendo

Whatever happened with Mekwars Legends? Why did it have to die? I had a lot of fun on there, even if there were a couple of bad manner players in the bunch.

Fixed those for you. It's impossible for a society of European-descended whites to be "good".

Just download the cracked version of beta, user.

Or don't, people who play unfinished games are retards. Like the 'frendo' here .

He tried as hard as he could last time but got called on it.

> Fixed those for you. It's impossible for spheroids to be "good".

I'm glad Europeans are being replaced by muslims so there will never be a chance of a European space society

>That one Elemental on the right

I got a good chuckle thinking he is going "Hiyaa Surat Freeborn feel my might kick"

>Fixed those for you. It's impossible for spheroids to be "good".

Replace "spheroids" with "Catalyst-branded Battletech product", and I think we can all be in agreement.

If it hits shelves in April, I'll shit my pants in the store (Well, in the store's bathroom. Same difference.). That's not the information I have. I'll admit it might be sold as PDF in April, but I call BS on dead tree.

...what are you talking about? That user is talking about the HBS BT game, which has a clearly stated Steam release date of April. No one is talking about CGL releasing anything ever.

Shit, thought you were talking about the Shattered Fortress book upcoming. My bad.

They were working with Ninja Division. Emphasis on "were". Palladium took over all creative control, demanded a full resculpt of the existing models, swapped factories, and generally violated the shit out of their contract until ND noped out.

Then Palladium spent all the money on buying a huge overstock for a third of the product so that SALES(tm) would cover the rest.. which worked out amazingly, as we have seen. They somehow managed to blow $1.4m AND allegedly needed another half-a-mil to finish production. It's blatantly obvious to anyone watching the updates/obviously cooked books that he's posted so far that Kev used the KS money to patch a ~800k embezzelment that Palladium got stuck with (sound familiar?) a few months after the KS finished.

Check in the IRC server.

What is it with game companies and stealing 800k? Why that number? Is it magnetically attractive to douchebags or something?

>Kev used the KS money to patch a ~800k embezzelment that Palladium got stuck with (sound familiar?) a few months after the KS finished.
>What is it with game companies and stealing 800k

CGL should put a copyright on stealing that much money, and then sue Palladium and their license-holders (HG) for breach of copyright.

And we at the Robotech.net are l-laughing!

When you forget Harmony Gold, the fanbase surrounding Robotech is an endless source of comedy and the best schadenfraude on the internet. Really though, it's fun seeing people who keep supporting that bullshit suffer.

>CGL should put a copyright on stealing that much money, and then sue Palladium and their license-holders (HG) for breach of copyright.

Then Harmony Gold swoops in and sues everyone for suing, quoting that "they have the copyright on suing people"

user, Randall Bills made a big song and dance of not wanting white male characters in the game (or BT more generally) in favour of other minorities.

It's an explictly SJW position and it's dumb.

This is even before getting into the character plates they released for the game.

can we not have this fight again?
let's talk about something different, like Battle Armor: What's everyone's favorite?
any neat customs?
how do you prefer to employ it?

I've always had a fondness for the Trinity line. They're quite solid for their budget price.

Randall is literally the best when he's forced to write powerful white dudes he thinks are the villains when really they are much more heroic than the protagonists. He wrote Based Humphreys for crying out loud. It's kind of like how Coleman writes really good Davions when you pull the Caps out of his clutches.

So that means the Taurians are probably gonna be based as fuck. Look on the bright side of life. Real yeehaw cowboys with more personality than everyone else put together.

I've always had a soft spot for the tiny baby marauder

My first fun experience with IS BA was the grenadier. Had a bunch of them that needed to deal with a 3050 Wasp and Stinger. Each time they fired 16 SRMs it was a thing of beauty. Unless someone has a better troll BA, I like it for now. It needs a better head unit though.

No fuck Grenadiers, they're pretty vile. Whenever I see those guys on the field I start plinking them from beyond 9 hexes with LBX ACs. Fighting them with light mechs is just cruel.

That scenario was just a perfect storm, though. Forest on both sides of a single map. Enemies coming from the north, and my guys from both sides. Twas fun.

My favorite is my armored exoskeleton mod in the pre-real BA days.

Just imagine what four of those Mighty dudes with infernos and manpack PPC's would be like in RPG terms in 3010. And then you swap them over to Aliens style forklifts when the mission is done or you need to reload your mechs and tanks.

>The Word of Blake is Randall's repressed masculinity struggling to escape

Makes sense desu

Is the Taurian version any good?

Tiny Marauder, and the Trash Bucket (Ravager), especially the LRM one.

Somehow underused factions come off as better written or more interesting than the limelight factions. The Free Worlds League, Taurian Concordat, Outworlds Alliance, clans like the Goliath Scorpions and Blood Spirits, etc.

they ain't bad.
no magic stealth armor, but they're reasonably solid medium BA

lol

Is it made in the Concordat or in the Confederation. I wanted to make some space indochinese cowboys (inspired by King of the Hill) mercs from the Taurian colonies.

The Asterion (Taurian version of the Trinity BA) is made in the TC.

Like the Marshal, they're shared Trinity Alliance design that is produced by all three powers. So Taurians have the blueprints and make their own.

Cool, thanks.

Nah man. FWL were best when put in the spotlight. Same with the Taurians, WoB, etc.

Outworlds are just kind of there. The really remind me a lot of Gandalf's speech about Gondor's Kings in Return of the King "Men who spent their lives analyzing heraldry and studying the stars instead of tending to their people" And they REALLY don't do shit now that they're occupied clan territory and that clan just sits on its ass for decades on end while their khan is on vacation.

And the homeworlders never did anything better than anyone except suck and die. It never ceases to amaze me that anyone got attached to guys who had less material than the Oberon Confederation. Less interesting too. I mean literally the only person who even mentioned the Blood Spirits outside the books ten years ago was Tassa Kay on the OF. And back then the Scorps were just "dude, let's get high and dress up like ninjas to go steal some old star league shit". Which while fun and silly still just puts them at about Randis tier. It's as out of place as those guys who stick the hogs in lists with actual Successor States.

Actually is worse than Randis. At least the Knights have the "The Da Vinci Code" vibe of JC:IP 2.

How Do I best use some of the oddball clan designs, like the Slyph?

There's really never been a point to most of the Clans. You could cut it down to the Sharks, Bears, Falcons, Wolves, Cats, Jags, Ravens, and maybe Vipers, and lose nothing.

I feel like the WoR brought those obscure clans into the spotlight as it killed them off, and that's where the new wave of fans comes from

I hate life... mostly the life that comes near my forests, cities and bases.

On places where their flying actually matters or their speed. It's fun using them to play "You sunk my battleship" for example.

Honestly, as a good a book as WoR was, it was a mistake IMO. Not knowing what happened out in the cluster was one of the great mysteries of the Dark Age and one of the biggest unanswered mysteries since the original exodus. I really did not want to know what went on out there until the survivors came back in Revival 2:Space Snake Boogaloo

This. WoR should have been published *after* they showed up again.

>You know what I want in my game about Mechs?
>No Mechs
Why don't you go play literally any other sci-fi game in existence? I can't wrap my head around the people that come into this game that was, is, and always will be about giant robots fighting other giant robots just to complain about said robots being the center of attention in a game about them fighting.

> complain about said robots being the center of attention
Read my post again.

Firedrake Rotts
God I love the things

Here's what you said:
>I... want a proper Mechwarrior RPG game... without mechs, just people with guns, based in Battletech universe.
And that's what sincerely baffles me. It's a game about Mechs. About. Mechs. Are there other things? Yeah sure, and they'll be provided to supplement the Mechs, but that is all they are there for. I just cannot understand why people like you don't just pick out another game that focuses on infantry and vehicles. There's lots of them, they're really good. But why, oh why, waste your time lamenting the lack of a Mech-centered franchise's focus on things other than Mechs?

Mechwarrior RPG doesn't have mechs as the focus user. Mechwarrior RPG, not 'a' Mechwarrior RPG or Battletech.

It's about the Mechwarriors and more infantry-level fighting and such.

Okay, reread my post once again. It's short but read it full.

Mechwarrior uses the Battletech rules for mech combat, with additions. You can roleplay a mechwarrior in your session.

>Mechwarrior RPG doesn't have mechs as the focus
>MECHwarrior
>Doesn't have Mechs as the focus
lel come on pal, as I said before, the Mechs aren't the only option, and there might be other stuff available to you if you don't want Mechs, but it is primarily about Mechs. Indisputably. Can you play a game where you don't include Mechs? Sure, but then, why fucking bother with Battletech at that point?

You sound like you don't like the universe at all.
This is the sort of people MWO attracts.

Ah, you came from /pol/

...please go away.

>Mechwarrior
>MechWARRIOR
>Doesn't have warriors and pilots as the focus.

Put down the drink, it's time you learned to English.

>People arguing about an infantry focused game
>Not one person mentions Battletroops
>The one thing with the right scale combat and no rolling up every damn character

Shame on you all.

I think the BT universe lends itself to a good first person shooter as a grunt. Avoid mechs. Help bust up tanks. Clear buildings. Watch as the building you're in collapses because a Firestarter fell into it. Would be fun.

>Put down the drink, it's time you learned to English.
Ok, as someone with an English degree who spent far too many years learning how to write correctly, you're both wrong. MechWarrior as a word is a compound word, It takes both words as its primary meaning by combining them. It is neither about solely Mechs nor Warriors, instead being about the combo MechWarrior. The definition of a MechWarrior, as provided by the BT rulebooks, is someone who pilots a BattleMech. By deduction, we can infer that the MechWarrior RPG should, on its face, be about the people who pilot Mechs and the adventures they get up to. It has an implied focus on the BattleMechs, as those define the MechWarriors in question, while also clearly being about the pilots themselves.

Stop arguing about stupid shit, the both of you. Now, go back to arguing about SJWs or Randall or Palladium or something else. This argument is too stupid to continue.

The insane infantry weapons would make very memorable stuff too. Imagine picking up a one shot inferno and having it be the BFG of the game or all the laser rifles and gyrojets and manpack PPC's on top of the more vanilla autorifles. Then the mechanized infantry small vehicles and the infantry support tanks and all that other stuff.

Battletech is very good at making a man outside a mech feel small. Play in the days before battle armor and it gets even more insane. The gear is crappier, the mechs are even rarer and more like walking gods who you hop to never meet and so on.

ok mom

Holy hell, could you imagine the scene where you're going down an alley, run into a Sentinel or a Wasp armed with inferno SRMs. The mech unloads on a nearby allied platoon and the horror. THAT would lend itself to a significant threat. I would totally play that. If only Pandemic was still operating.

Now do your homework.

Is that why the game is 99% female, black, and mixed race pilots