What kind of artillery would be better suited for killing big monsters?

What kind of artillery would be better suited for killing big monsters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JaEWJVWiWMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How big?

None.

Most of the monsters you will face are either small enough for soldiers, or far too large or fast to make artillery like that effective.

depends on the monster
depends on the terrain/defences
depends on the distance

Against a flying Dragon: Jury rigged Cheiroballista. You need a fast rate of fire, and something that can slow the damn thing down. So a gunpowder weapon isn't great, since the projectile won't lodge, unlike barbed bolts from the cheiroballista.

Small, like swivel guns. Something you can actually aim at something which moves.

Bonus points if you have a mobile plataform for it, like a camel. Ottoman abus guns also fit.

Rockets are bound to hit it. The larger, the better. And they're very mobile.

Also, a single peasant can carry about 20 rockets and let loose in the monster's general direction.

bump

Harpoon gun/ballista

Poisoned caltrops against non flying monsters

And barrage balloons with attached mines against flying monsters. Also the Vietcong anti helicopter mines if tech levels allow.

Pretty much this If you want to hunt big ass monster just look at the reallife example in whale hunting.
And if it has to be even more gunpowdery just use

iron star

My dudes, let us look at this logically. Most monsters fear fire. That means that the weapon which can deliver the most destructive fire to them (without utterly destroying surrounding areas or bringing a radiation plague upon the land) is the best.

So I personally enjoy buckets. Buckets of fire via trebuchet. Let's do THAT! Just toss fucking buckets of fire on them!

what if it's a fire elemental.

THIS kind of artillery
*unzips dick*

I never understood why the ribaud had those spear-like things

Most! I said MOST monsters fear fire.
If it's a fire elemental, then don't be dumb. Just default to how humans have used buckets for countless ages.

Harpoons in massive numbers. Scales up to any size of monster just by adding more harpoons. Once the monster is totally incapacitated, if you can't get good enough penetration to kill it, drag it over to a really big cliff and drop a rock on its head.

>light enough to be easily moved
>enough rockets/large enough Area of Effect to make up for pre-rifling accuracy
Most artillery is too heavy to easily move away from the wounded but angry cave troll but also too inaccurate to hit it on its own.
Rocket artillery like the Hwacha is probably a bitch to load, though, if the Katyusha is any indicator; it took 50 minutes to load 24 rockets.

so essentially your answer is buckets.

buckets are your answer to the tarrasque.

i'd like to see how your sessions go desu.

The image I posted was carried by a single person.

I was agreeing with you, yes.

You speak like somebody who doesn't even end their foes rightly!

No. My answer was the trebuchet. You can put anything into a bucket, and then launch it at your target.

At a distance that would render a Tarrasque's melee abilities *and* it's frightful presence useless.

This motherfucker ain't fireproof so there you go. No need for launching water at it.

It's to do with its role on the battlefield,

Waiting for that was not worth it.

Something like a Puckle Gun would be perfect.

My bad, I misread you. I'm sorry.

This one
youtube.com/watch?v=JaEWJVWiWMQ

My nigga,
Also large crossbows on a swivel mount which can be carried and pasted by a two man team.

M109 Paladin

Would crusade with/10

Most of those are just cannons. You want Grape shot for air targets and soft targets. Solid shot for hard targets. Chain shot for spindly limbs.