Drawthread! Eldritch babes the best

>>>RULESReminder that nobody is entitled to a delivery under any circumstances within these threads.
>Ignore the bait, you're better than this
>Stay on topic

Artists and Artists-to-Be:
>Feel free to drop your tumblrs/websites/commission/etc information, but:
>If you're dropping your commission info, consider filling a request beforehand instead of just advertising

Books and Tutorials:
>mega.co.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA
>dropbox.com/s/kno4yv719g88pol/Tutorials.zip?dl=0

Figure Drawing:
>quickposes.com/pages/random

Beginners Guide to Drawing:
>archive.is/GNIq1

The w/ic/i art Guide:
>sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c
youtube.com/watch?v=FakBfSnRKjo
youtube.com/user/onairvideo/
youtu.be/74HR59yFZ7Y
imgur.com/a/P5Xc6
imgur.com/a/eW7da
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anchoring for Bored Drawfriend.

So a while back I requested a Shadowrun character I was playing. Since then, she died. However, I've now gotten the chance to resurrect her. She's an AI E-Ghost living inside a drone body, masquerading as a heavily chromed street samurai.

>Combat drone body, all sharp angles and industrial design, but with human clothes over top. The shirt and jacket from the ref, but now torn and frayed at the edges from multiple firefights of wear and loose on the mechanical body. Pants pulled up above the knees during fights.
>Face is modified to appear mostly human, if extremely cyberized, thanks to synthflesh and hair. Back and sides of head are mostly metal. Her neck is a splicing together of mechanical and biological.
>Holding a big fuck off combat shotgun.
>youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c

Thanks in advance if anyone decides to take this.

Requesting a laid back godess of luck and games.
She is wearing a multicoloured dress, I got some example but don't hesitate to make your own design, as long as its colourful. She is holding some dices and cards and look quite smug. No particular appearance, she just look youthful. One of her symbol (and also one of the way she manifest herself to the lucky and those down on their luck) is a small crystal jumping spider so I would like one to be visible on her shoulder or anywhere else.
Thanks

Re-requesting a full body drawing of my damphir girl who's slim yet fit, wears modern light body armor with some throwing knives around it, two wolverine-like claw gauntlet weapons on both of her hands, a modern tomahawk carried on her right thigh and on the other side a double-edged sword with the handle of it being made from human bone with some ruins engraved onto the bone and it doesn't have a crossguard, and have her necklace of vampire fangs being visible. And her gear's either dark brown or black, excluding the blades which are made of silver.

Moving threads.

Think it was fine to re-request when a new thread comes around? If not, somebody here post my ear off because of it.

Requesting my wizard stubbornly poking the party paladin in the chest as if the two are arguing.

She wears clothes like pic related but with a couple changes.
>tights and boots instead of a dress
>blunt bangs and long hair
>no claw things on her hands

The tiefling paladin wears a full suit of plate armor with a helmet that covers his whole head.
>his horns poke out of the helmet.
>he's taller than she is
>he is not happy about getting poked

Please and thank you I would really like this!

Anchor post.

Third time's a charm, requesting another creature concept for my project, this time it's the infamous Jersey Devil, which is a 6 to 7 foot tall flying werecreature with lemur-like traits and a wingspan of around 20ft, the arms are the wings and it has pointed ears that are often mistaken for horns, it has a long forked tail and the feet are hoof-like, it also has a venomous bite. The venom itself leaves burn marks on the flesh of its prey and is even flamible. Would it be ok to bring up other creature concepts within this thread too as I got my creative juices flowing again?

Oh what that fuck, the hell is that thing?

The Snooki Devil, obviously.

Requesting a drawing of my Tiefling Wizard his Dwarven wife and Half-Tiefling-Dwarven daughter.

Feel free to have them do whatever you feel would be appropriate or is comfortable for you. Also, the daughter might have darker or lighter skin, tail, and darker horns than what's shown in the picture so feel free to adjust to better suit what looks best to you, I put some wholesome pictures in for references. Also, the daughter and wife lack beards in the setting these guys are in. Thank you in advance!

Requesting my Merfolk Druid, on the left is the current miniature of him. He's inspired by the design aesthetic of the Ixalan Merfolk.

I understand the mini isn't super great so I'm leaving some of his looks up for interpretation.

Any Coloranons out there want to give this a go, provided original artist dosn't have any problems with that?

Repost from last thread bump

I am looking for a dragonborn paladin. The dragonborn would be black scaled (closer to obsidian, the better), wearing plain-ish plate and chain.of iron or steel. Nothing overly fancy.

He'd carry a mace, a longsword, and a kite shield. The shield would have ash and fire on it to denote his knightly order.

Back with a (hopefully) improved ref
Requesting my arctic rabbit skinwalker Alice in her hybrid form (mix between humanoid and were-ancestor) if possible.
She is from a pretty cold region with tundra's and whatnot, and she is gonna be a rouge

Whenever she plans to shift, she puts her hood up and tries her best to keep it a bit hushed, while being secretly proud of her heritage. She has a pair of long floppy ears poking out and hanging behind her from the holes on the hood.
Her eyes are a albino red, meanwhile her hair and complexion is white.
Im not a fan of the scanty clothes, as she DOES live in the cold, i was hoping for some sort of light fur armor? She does run barefooted though.
Whenever she shifts, her legs become digitigrade, and her arms/feet become a bit fuzzy.
Aside from the rest on this huge order, she uses a rapier she got from her parents, and might have a little bunny tail, and slight buckteeth
Thanks!

anchoring bored_drawfriend's dragonborn monk

Requesting an android soldier for an upcoming game. Has synthetic skin to blend in with humans, yet the upper half right side of her face is showing the wires/metal. Hair is like the ref that is dyed black. Usually wears facial paint like Scrapper 142 and is always seen with a scouter on her left eye. Has a bionic arm on the left and a normal looking right arm.
Weapon of choice are plasma swords that she dual wields.

Re-requesting if any drawfriend can make it happen

Im using a barbarian/bard that dress like the image and use his cello to cast and to smash enemys, he loves to give roses to ladys.

If possible use whatever pose its better to demostrate him holding his cello with one hand and a rose in the other, he uses white gloves all the time

original draw here, i can't colour stuff to save my life so i will have to pass on this one. what i can do is to provide a cleaner copy of this one to make the life of whoever decide to colour this easier.

still, i'd really love to see if any other draw friends out there could produce a coloured version of it.

Requesting a lion themed gladiator for Barbarians of Lemuria. He is wearing the same outfit as the right pic (and have the same muscular bodytupe), but instead of the steel helm, he is wearing a black lion pelt similar to the one depicted in the reference. An eerie glow is coming from the eyes of the pelt.
On each of his hand he have metal gloves with beast claws on each fingers.
I didn't find any suitable reference for the face, he is in his prime, have long hair and beard akin to a lion mane and his whole body is covered in various scar.
Please and thank you

For the user who requested dual axe wielding Ortega: here's a better sketch.

Anchoring Thri-Kreen wiz

Not going to lie: anchor posts are a foriegn concept and the last time I was in a drawthread they didn't exist. But last thread someone had added the excessive frilled armor-mage to a list and I guess I want to keep an eye on that.

Migrating Request

Requesting a gunslinger warlock. She's a mix of old American west (Native, Asian, Black) motifs. Her general silhouette is an archetypical duster-wearing cowboy, but with a witch doctor flare.

Colors are muted browns and blues with poppy reds. Her guns are carved wood and cast bronzed iron that emit red smoke.

anchoring fisherman

Requesting a upper body portrait of my PC. Dude in the middle, with his fancy shirt, coat and gold chains, the hair and facial hair of dude in right, but in the colour of dude in left upper corner.
Flowing, flame like hair.
Dudes a painter, an artistè. Beauty of humanity and all that shit. Also a necromancer on the side. Corpse sculptures sell for a lot in certain circles.
A little bit of a snob, a little bit of an eccentric.

Requesting a drawing of my Spellblade Sorcerer fighting a Dweomercat in any outfit you like! You could also have him posing if that's easier.

Sure, make a palette and I'll give it a spin.

Requesting my lycan character to be walking through a hallway with a human heart in his hand, and maybe add some blood on his mouth and a chunk of the heart removed as he took a bite. And I'd like for his face to look a bit more human like the lycans from The Order: 1886, but still having a bit of a muzzle.

Requesting my Techno-Wizard:

Human, kind of an egomaniac? Like Hank pym, or agatha heterodyne/Tarvek Sturmvoraus, The MC from dresden codak, or good Dr.Drakken. Overconfident, slightly manic, and a bit delusional, but actually well intentioned, with a supervillians manner/skillset.
She's got a host of gadgets, a techno-wizard revolver, either steampunk or cyberpunk would look great, and an invisibility/camo cloak.
Like, Very Warlock or Hunter from destiny looking is the best thing I can say for outfit without just dumping a billion images.

Inspiration for poses would be something like:
>Posing with a ray gun/revolver very bold and propaganda looking
>Posing with one (or both) of the gauntlets prominently on display, shielding from something, while the cloak is wrapped around a leg, arm, or part of the body as a whole and is partially "invisible" so whatevers behind it is see-through(nonexistant) cause that sounds really cool
>Mad science laughter
>Any Cartoon dumb tech joke like the Orb of Confusion or the Mini/Wumbo Belt, Anything from Drakken or Venture Bros

she has allot going on with her wardrobe but here are some general ideas about the color's I'm looking for, as well as the origination post for some more ideas

Anchoring Griffon, with the request pasted below just in case the artist loses it or something!

Kindly requesting a Griffon, with the feather parts pure white, silver beak and claws, with a pale purple lion half and bird legs
Also, can't decide whether to have blank white eyes with black outlines or blank gold eyes with black outlines, whichever you feel suits it best!
Saddle and barding optional but appreciated!

You got me covered twice over before I even came back from work-gracias, drawamigo.

Somebody should draw Plank from Ed Edd n Eddy.

Wondering if I could get some fresh art of my spartan inspired Tiefling warrior, with a more appropriately sized shield.

Requesting a drawing of a magic item in my game. Its pretty much an Iron Man, Warforged suit that is visually inspired by the Songbird from Bioshock.

may I ask, how old is she and how'd she get so ripped?

Early WIP, not sure on the distribution of some of the colours

Is it allowed to bump from the previous thread before our bump timer is up?

/r/ing Vinny from Atlantis the Lost Empire as an elf wizard with an octopus familiar.

If its from the previous thread you can just repost it

Reposting

Requesting a Sidereal character of mine from Exalted. He’s a chosen of secrets who never reveals his face. The main pic on the left captures it very well, I’d just like it if the following changes could be made. Not sure what to call them, but the sort of flaps/cloak bottoms extending from the waist (colored a deep, emerald green with golden highlights), I almost want to call it a skirt but I don’t think that’s accurate, not sure what the proper term is. Moving on, he also has a hood like the middle right pic, coming up from a small fabric covering that drapes over his shoulders and down to a point on the small of his back, but doesn’t come over his chest at all. It shares the same color scheme as lower half counterparts, though the inside is silver mixed with the same green as highlights. Moving on to the last main changes, the bow for the instrument is actually a daiklave (a sort of large magic sword for those who aren’t familiar) made of starsteel. Visually, this makes it a sort of slimmer, though still curved version of the scimitar in the top right. The curved section is filled out with thin strings that serve the bow function. The metal would appear darker than normal steel, with flecks of white or silver in it that make it resemble the night sky to some degree. The strings don’t share the same effect, though mostly just due to them being too thin to visibly show up the same. The cross guard and pommel are colored gold, while the hilt is a slightly brighter shade of green than was used for the rest. The instrument is just an instrument, there isn’t really anything abnormal to it.

Appreciated but not major would be the Caste mark flashing, along with glowing irises visible through the mask holes, both, you guessed it, shining, vivid green. I’ll probably include the caste mark in a bump post whenever I make one

Sorry if I went overboard, and thank you!

Delivery for Selune tiefling paladin, sorry for the wait

She is in her early 20's and she is ripped because she was part of the Noble Guard, a group of Tieflings who's sole responsibility was to guard their city, weakness was not an option. (Think Spartan training for Tieflings)

think that's the wrong screen cap?

Haven't done much today between the blood sacrifice and boardgame's, but I have tried to do the "other" kind of eyes.

Also, do we have a name for her yet, "Eldritch Babe" have now a dirty tinge.

Yeah.

Not i imagine a mimic octopus pretending to be a wizard's hat.

looks great so far

Requesting art of a nymph and fairy.

The nymph looks similar to Gardevoir from Pokémon, same skin color and same hair shape, but without the chest spike. The nymph’s dress looks like it’s made of flower petals, the petals being the same as the white and yellow flower on the left. The nymph has the pink flower on the right in her hair and her hair color is the same as the yellow on the white and yellow flower.

It’s fine if the fairy is just the same as the orange guy in the top right, just with the same color pallet as the white and yellow flower on the left (and the nymph’s dress).

For the poses, I’d like for them both to be dizzy/dazed with anime style swirly eyes. The nymph teetering/dizzy like the character in the image in the bottom left, and the nymph sitting down like he character in the image in the bottom right.

Please tell me if this is too complicated and I’ll attempt to make it more do-able.

No need to apologize Vela! Thank you for taking the time to do my request, she looks amazing

Probably be best to hold that request off for a bit man, Drawfriends tend to get diswayed when seeing the same request on a significant amount of threads.

Looking to have an Angel drawn for my Adeptus Evangelion game. It's basically like an armored cross between a gorilla and a bullfrog - the two halves of the mask can swivel independently like a Chameleon's eyes, and the thing is just generally kind of like a curious child unintentionally breaking everything they play with. The cross over its core should be a set of ribs a la Shamshel or Zeruel, but I'm not a very good artist.

Thank you! Feel free to take any artistic liberties that you think would make it look cooler.

It's alright. I've gotten rather busy with actually important stuff myself these days, so no rush.

I think it's funny that my edit immediately becomes the OP picture though. Or was that your doing?

Spoopy and badass, thanks m8! ^w^

Hmm, he's looking a bit bald on his head, can you add some of his hair?

Fantastic thank M8

The more I look at it though, I think the ink black eyes are more menacing. Without wanting to sound like spoiled child though, I'll take it either way.

As for the name, the last thing I decided to keep until I find something better or I first introduce her would be V'athuul Nythrel, Muse of the Aberrant.

Rerequesting. An English noblewoman that traveled to colonial India to visit her 'strange and uncouth' father's side of the family only to find out they are all weretigers. After requesting she join their cult and subsequent transformation into a weretiger she has jouyrneyed back to England to keep the balance between the light and dark and to keep the supernatural at bay by joining a supernatural private invesigator firm.

She is a young woman in her early 20's, beautiful blonde, conceals the tiger stripe markings all over her body as best she can with convinently conceling Victorian era fashion but has to pass the stipes on her neck, cheeks, and back of her hands off as strange birthmarks or discolorations from exposure to some 'dreadful disease I caught while in the Raj.' She plays the part of a demure and cultured lady the best she can around 'normals' as best she can, but around her coworkers she is fierce, fearless, devout (to her tiger diety), and authoritative as her tiger instincts have transformed her to be. She uses the gun in the reference as it's a gift from her uncle (and cult leader) to use in her duties in England (also it's the popular pistol used among colonial British officers in the Raj during this time period).

nope

Baldo werewolf, lol.

Rerequesting A generous drawanon left this unfinished and I was hoping someone could finish the eye and the AI's face. Thanks

Oh shit youtube.com/watch?v=FakBfSnRKjo

Hello, if anyone decides to take this I'd be super appreciative.

He's basically a Napoleonic cuirassier in a late medieval-ish setting, so something like the left uniform but with slightly more armour plonked onto his various limbs. The uniform underneath should be a sort of dusky grey-blue with gold embellishments, though without any sort of insignia. Face and hair/hair colour would basically be the same as the left reference, pale and with ruddy red hair.

He should wear a hussar's jacket over one shoulder, with a long straight-sword in one hand. The other hand should be using a carbine to lean on like he were posing for a portrait.

Lastly, he should have a number of armbands taken from various opponents (royalists, something to denote that would be cool, even if it's just a tiny little crown.) wrapped around his sword arm.

Thanks in advance, peeps.

Hey, I'm sure this is a question that gets asked literally every drawthread but I don't see it here and I'd like to ask if it's okay.

What advice can people give for improving one's own art? I'm at a point where I feel kind of okay but I have a lot of limitations. I can't really draw good looking action poses (even kind of simple ones), I'm bad at drawing hands that aren't holding something, I generally can't draw a face, and my proportions are sometimes off though I'm getting better at that.

I'll take really any kind of advice, I've honestly been stagnating a bit because I can draw something that looks -enough- like what I want my character to look like and until recently it's not like I had anybody in our group that even draws at all until recently. Its just that someone's starting with us that's MUCH better than I am at this and, while I'm not upset about this, I am certainly jelly as hell and it does make me want to improve.

Requesting a monster hunting character with a dark brown hat and jacket and has blue eyes. He's armed with a greatsword carried on his right side and on his left side a magnum and has two kukri machetes on his back. He has similar facial hair as the werewolf pic and he has a hunting knife in a holster on his chest rather than on the holster containing his gun and sword.

Requesting an aasimar paladin hitting it off with a villainess he was supposed to fight, much to the ire/disappointment of his angel mother who serves as his guardian angel. He looks like the blond guy but with black hair and eyes similar to the armored woman to the very right. The guardian angel looks like a mix of the women to the very right and the top right. How she reacts is up to you, it can range from looking down with disgust, face-palming, or her coming down from on high to smite a bitch/knock some sense into her idiot son.

Was my paladin in a previous game where a sorceress he was sent to apprehend flirted with him, him returning the gesture, and the GM remarking that his mother would be sorely disappointed in him.

Outside of drawing from life, copy works from the people you look up to for practice. And practice a lot. And practice the boring stuff, there's really no getting around it.

People will overlook tracing if you're Drew Struzan.

Or just hire out someone to draw what you want the way you want it

do life drawings if there's opportunity and if you could. it helps immensely on drawing figures, in my experience.

if not, try to draw people from real life and practice anatomy of hands, feet and body. observational drawing always helps as a build-up for anything imaginary.

also i'm curious. do you post your work somewhere online? i'd like to see them if you don't mind.

If you say so. I’ll lay off for a couple of threads.

This is going to be rather loose request, since from my experience, the best works come from artists not bound by any constraints. Apart from few guidelines about the looks of character (most of which can be seen on reference picture), I do not require any specific setting, or clothing, You can draw her in the way your imagination will tell you. If you do, please leave me some sort of contact information.

About said guidelines: This picture represents some sort of being from the depths of abyss. Her skin bears the properties of physical pure black body, absorbing all of the EM radiation coming into contact with her. Seemingly having no mouth or nose, the only point of focus on her face is the pair of radiant eyes, with red sclera and dark iris.

And few loose concepts, which may or not be useful (feel free to omit them if you have your own ideas):
- This being might have something to do with domain of dreams, or the world of subconsciousness.
- Lovecraftian references and motives seems to suit her.
- Being a character of abyss descent, she seems to posess the ability to phase in and out through dimensions.

If you are eager to pick this up, and have some questions, I'll answer them as soon as possible. If you require some more reference materials, I can also provide them via email exchange.

Requesting this post-apocalyptic raider-type guy for a Fallout game I'm in.

/r/ing this character riding a hoverbike through a rainy cyberpunk city street, possibly being shot at.

In case you're the same user from last thread, here is a live drawing source I have on Youtube. Noting that there ARE nude humans on this channel, and it's a great resource if you can't go to actual live drawing classes. youtube.com/user/onairvideo/

I will say that I hated every freaking hour I took of college art classes, but my work improved significantly just from the still life drawings we were made to do. If I'd taken an actual figure drawing course, it would certainly have helped even more. Tl;dr - Yes, the basics are important, even if they're not flashy.

On the subject of action poses - improve your Gesture. I link this pretty much every time, but Proko's videos on gesture helped me a bunch and it's a good place to start: youtu.be/74HR59yFZ7Y

Hands are something I improved by doing the 100 Hands Challenge. It's fucking boring and I hated it, but since I knew from my college courses that the boring stuff would help, I finally did it. (It took me over a month - maybe longer.) All you have to do is draw your own hand 100 times, preferably in different poses. It's worth your while to render it as realistically as you can, even if your personal style is cartoony. I also constantly look up photo references for difficult hand poses and consult how-to-draw-hands

Faces is the same basic concept as the others - practice from real life references, consult tutorials (a bunch of different ones, even, as they might present the same information in a different way that clicks with you), seek feedback from others; repeat.

It's a damn good thing you have someone to "compete" with. Don't worry about whether it makes you a bad person... it doesn't. I improved so much more and so quickly when I had artist peers/friends to aspire to or even a couple to just plain one-up/spite. Competition is good.

Tutorials:

Hands - imgur.com/a/P5Xc6 (includes some photo refs)

Drawing Likenesses: imgur.com/a/eW7da

Does he use the claws as a primary weapon, or does he have a shield and trident like in your ref?

Requesting a drawing of a Scansoriopterygidae cockatrice.

>If you say so.

but who is that guy

nope only claws

It's bullshit user I had to wait 3 or 5 threads to get a delivery, removing your requests for a while won't change thing

Hello drawthread
Requesting my Warlock highwayman Thiram
He is a grumpy half-elf that after a failed heist is now bound to the sword of an insane archmage, leaving him half insane and with a more ethereal and ghostly presence

I've put some inspiration for the clothes he wears but the important thing is that the clothes must be slightly charred, a purple glow must in his right palm as well as in his eyes, for the weapon try to put an eye in the marked box, that's all thanks and have fun!!!

Hello! I hope someone will find my request interesting :)
I have this tomboish girl that is in truth possessed by a Devil (WoD stuff) and she transformed in front of the players during a fight to help, so I wanted to show them how she looked like aside from my description:
I would like her to be with the pose of image 3, just for fun, but any pose is welcomed.
She wears this really long sleeveless shirt from Wu-Tang clan, that shows some level of side boob, but she doesn't care too much about it. She also has the hairstyle of image 2, for the color I would prefer red, but anything goes, really.
She wearing some casual jeans.
In the end, she's transformed, so her skin is almost marble colored and she got a pair of eagle wings, and she's surrounded by "a corona of shifting, multicolored hues that distract and confuse foes" according to the manual.
I hope this request isn't too complicated to ask and I thank everybody in advance everybody that would like to take a shot at it!

Its good that I only spent like a minute on those eyes on a separate layer.
and no I didn't start his thread

I'd like to request a picture of my Monk character. A former soldier of fortune who was away from his home chasing riches when an undead horde destroyed his village and killed his wife and child, Gregory Sindel now wanders the land seeking redemption and enlightenment.

I would like to see a picture of him using his Warlock powers to conjure up images of his wife and child in his hands as he waits out the cold night. Sitting cross legged in the dark, he watches them dance in the flames on his hands as he tries to hold onto their memories just a little while longer.

Better?

I'd like to request my clockmaker tech priest:

>Clad in practical clothes with a mechanicus overcoat
>The mask bears magnifying lenses
>His main armament is a long power sword in the form of a clock hand
>Notable accessoires are his selfmade pocket watch and his utility servo skull

That's it, I leave details and style to the artist.
Thanks and have fun!

Bump, and I forgot to mention the tiefling is a paladin of Torm if you'd like to incorporate his emblem somewhere.

I love it! I'd kiss you if I could.

Why not? Can't hurt to make a small fix like that.

Maybe they don't want to

Maybe they were fucking with you

Maybe its Maybelline

Maybe

Bumping my request

Requesting a latino cyberpunkish ronin samurai.
>Face and hairstyle of pic rel, bonus points for Awkward smile.
>His body should consist of the body suit in pic rel with traditional looking samurai shoulderpads and maybe the skirt thingy.
>Sword Visibly taditional. If visible, the sheath should look modern
>Any pose will do as long as the face is visible.Bonus points for having the sword visible as well.

great tastes user

thanks