EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL /edhg/

Memelands Edition

When Last We Left Our Heroes: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
Did they print any EDH card you wanted in m25 and what do you think the unleaked cards will be?

>m25
i want the wolf guy

>Thread Question
lol no

>he doesnt play red
what a sad, sad life you must lead

big guys are back on the menu

Reposting Ihsan's Shade because it's rad as fuck.

>thread question
I want Aura Shards and Defense of the Heart reprinted.

oh fug I forgot about this, yes I do want this

I wanted Azusa and Bridge before the spoilers, also a fan of new Doomsday art. I don't any filter lands, Clique, Armageddon and Grenzo, so those. Still hoping for Crucible of Worlds or Aura Shards, but it isn't likely to happen

Yeah, there's a couple. Magus of the Wheel, Bolas, Ensnaring Bridge, Bolt, Jace, Blue Sun, Blood Moon, the rats, but I'm still not entirely sure it's worth $10 a pack.

Daily reminder

For the challenged

>less than five motnhs

>Ihsan's Shade
They could have reprinted Giant Oyster or Irini Sengir, well, at least it's just an uncommon slot, and for the 40 guys who have a shade tribal deck can rejoice.

Jesus fuck he looks like a monkey

Azusa, Blood Moon and Resonator. Maybe one or two of the filter lands.

I think I'm just gonna order a MM3 box for my birthday instead of this shit

>Did they print any EDH card you wanted in m25 and what do you think the unleaked cards will be?
Nope, I want Crucible, Celestial Colonnade, Cavern of Souls, Doubling Season, and Phyrexian Altar. But more realistically, I still need that Tamiyo reprint. I'm not paying $20 for a card that is only expensive because it is scarce.

Yesssss

Looking at this makes me think they could've reprinted Teferi's Protection

Ash barrens is better for more decks

Smartest answer so far.

>thread question

oh yeah. Just pre ordered one.

How many sac outlets should i use to get value out of Smothering Abomination?

My commander is a free sac outlet, I have some random creatures that sac, some lands (market and phyrexian tower), and Ashnod's Altar. Is that enough?

Yeah, that is a pretty cool version of Shade. Usually I'm disappointed by replacement art, but Daarken hit that one well and pushing Shade down to uncommon is fun.

Homelands could go for 3 if it gets Memory Lapse and Merchant Scroll like always.

You don't need many outlets, since one freebie will do. What you need is a way to flood the board so that you can pretty much drop smothering and draw your deck.

Shade was already uncommon.

Get High Market and maybe some other land that sacs and you are good to go.

I just purchased a wheel of fortune, but now I'm scared. How do I verify if it is authentic?

Officially, perhaps, but Homelands was (along with Alliances, Fallen Empires, and maybe a couple others) one of those funny business sets where Uncommon/Rare is a bizarre distinction (U3 and U1) and Shade was reprinted at Rare when they put him online.

Fuck yeah. I was just thinking about building animar morph tribal

I am making a new 3 color deck but I have none of the cards and lands for it, so I ask should I get everything but most of the expensive lands (shocks, fetches and filters) and use that and pick up the lands as I go along, or get all the lands first then buy the rest of the deck later?

Rip it

I've got high market and Phyrexian Tower.

Oh yeah, I have that in too.

Thanks guys! I'll give it a try with what i have.

What's best in EDH Veeky Forums? Tutor or Draw?

draw

Ramp

If you don't have need a combo piece or silver bullets, draw is best.

Tutor is effective in pure combo. Otherwise you want draw. Draw is more fun since it doesn't guarantee the same line of play every game.

What makes a land that enters the battlefield tapped worth playing?

the same thing that makes lands that can't produce mana worth playing

It provides 2 mana and is inexpensive or can copy extraordinarily expensive lands of your opponents and you have untap effects.

>It provides 2 mana and is inexpensive
So Karoolands are good?

>card advantage:the land
What do you think?

Whats the most fun mono Red, mono blue or Izzet commander?

If you cant already tell what my favorite colors are.

>Whats the most fun mono Red
feldon
dont even bother playing any other commander for the rest of your existence
thats what i did its made my life much better

Feldon is a lot of fun.

>mono-red
I enjoy Feldon quite a bit.

>mono-blue
Talrand is a good call, so long as you aren't playing counterspell tribal.

>izzet
Mizzix, probably.

My friend has a Norin deck that he likes. Nobody else liked it though.

Ill give feldon a try any spicy tech to share?

I like talrand thematically but my playgroup has a lot of token decks already and i fislike the bookeeping it brings in paper magic. Might make him on xmage

how do I make sultai fun?

My secret tech is pic related. Use with caution! I can post my whole list if you want a better idea.

>Produces more than 1 mana
Karoos are acceptable. I've also seen depletion lands do some work in monocolor but they're more marginal
>Produces 3+ Colors with no other drawbacks
Trilands aren't great, but neither are they unplayable
>Powerful Utility
Boseiju has a place in some decks. Others may want one or more man-lands.
>Has Cycling
The cycling lands are playable since most decks that aren't at cEDH will have "dead turns" where curving out doesn't matter, and late game they can just be a new card.

The temples are also marginal, but not pure cancer in 2 colors on a budget.

Whatever the reason for playing them (and it should never be "Access to two colors"), you *must* stay under a critical mass. Every ETB tapped land you run makes the drawback hurt more, as it increases the chance that you WON'T find a hole in your curve to drop the sucker at, and will instead have to suck up losing out on most of a turn, which is fucking terrible. In general, I would avoid running any, but wouldn't be too distraught at ending up with 1-3 if their abilities were honestly powerful. I'd also have to weigh how they compete with other lands that could backfire like Kjeldoran Outpost (and friends), Lotus Vale, Scorched Ruins, and colorless-only-producing utility lands.

Thousand year elixir is an auto include.

>Ill give feldon a try any spicy tech to share?
winter orb and pic related

Combustible Gearhulk is great with Feldon.

The most fun you can have with Bearer, though, is pulling the "Atlas Shrugged" combo in Boros Enchant Bearer with Gift of Immortality and sac. Stack your triggers well and all permanents will be destroyed every end step for the rest of the game, but you'll have a non-sick bearer on your turn to beat down for 10 until everyone is dead.

i have a billion sac outlets for artifacts/creatures i like to sac it in response to casting a big beatstick

Imperial Recruiter. If he doesn't drop to 20 at least I'm gonna be >:c, there's no reason for the new printings price to be as high as the old one.

>thread question
I'm praying for a Crucible reprint

Tasigur is my favorite deck. Villainous Wealth is a very fun wincon.

No way it's going to drop that much. Mana Drain only went down to 60 or so, and that doesn't actually see play in anything.

I just want a foil ghave and doubling season. Cmon NOTC give us a set that isn’t shit.

my playgroup concedes the moment I resolve deadeye+peregrine
I'm considering taking out the infinite mana combo but then I don't know how I'd actually win in a timely manner without it

>my playgroup concedes the moment I resolve deadeye+peregrine
>Playing Deadeye
Absolute plebeian detected.

Anyone got a deck with Palladia-Mor? How do you build this thing??

I didn't feel like dropping the $35 for phantasmal image+palinchron

I see you’re a man of taste.

>Complete new Deck
>Don’t even get a chance to play it
>Immediately want to start to change it up

Anybody else have this problem?

You make it fun for you. Not others. Play control magic and value spells/creatures and vilanous wealth someone for 25 and play their deck.

>Thinking of playing Palinchron
You need to step up your deckbuilding game.

Better be an indestructible beatstick.

why?

please educate me then

Me, but I rarely even finish making one before I start changing things. I'll start with a concept, get 80-90% done, and then shift it to something else.

oh shit ive been cheating for like 4 months
id doesnt blow up till end of turn
holy shit
i better just cut it

Boring wincons are for boring people.

>early game
Draw
>late game
Tutor

Your deck should get itself running naturally, but once a game's afoot, you'll want specific answers.

Amulet of Vigor

this 100000x

The best commander in the game, of course

Amulet of Vigor
Karametra
Whitemane lion

Fucking love Amulet.

>My commander is a free sac outlet
That's more than enough to justify including it

well how do I figure out fun wincons then?

Ravnica bounce lands, yes. I don't like the original monocolor bounce lands because they need you to bounce an untapped matching land, so they're even slower and can't colorfix.

I just spent my first EDH night at my LGS. It was neat. Good to be in a different environment and everyone was really helpful.
I got absolutely dicked on and wouldn't have it any other way.

Whoops :^)

I love volcano hellion, I feel he is supremely underrated.

Nice user! What deck did you play and what did you play against?

>The combine reaction of relief and confused worry your opponents have when you target yourself.

I'm looking for good ideas for a new deck. My group loves boardwipes so what will give me the world's most disposable army?

animatingartifacts.dek
either sidri or using really dumb/bad cards like Atarka Monument or Azorius Keyrune

Any decent library manipulation besides divining top, scroll rack, and Crystal ball?

Traumatizing myself followed by a living death is probably my favorite play in magic.

literally every single blue cantrip in the game

Well, he is already $60 for pre-order, and red is a much less competitive color than blue. I agree that $20 is too low, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got as low as $40.

Sorry, meant colorless or red. I should've specified
Aye, thanks mang.

Unironically post

How many people would be upset if the most expensive card that isn't something no longer printed would be £10?
Say you could order any card from Wizards and they'd send you a copy for £10 maximum, would that upset you?

Fuck it. Wizards should just make an official custom card generator and let players print high-quality, actual MTG cards of their choice for 10 bucks each.

I mean, if we're doing print on demand anyway....