Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Legacy of Taldor Edition
What are your plans for the upcoming War for the Crown AP, if any? Has your DM ever set a campaign in the first empire of Avistan?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/hMmLECRV
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzo_journalism
youtube.com/watch?v=0CVqlEwHJrk
youtube.com/watch?v=KkJnd9rSAQ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

white male human sword and board fighter

i got your legacy right here
*barks*

Enchanting Courtesan with Companion to the Lonely

I'm trying to remember a trait/feat for a character I'm building. The flavor text was something along the lines of pretending your healing spell effect was coming from ointments and alchemical items rather than your own spells. I need it for a low-magic, "magic is feared and hated" campaign. I've got Conceal Spell and its Improved version picked out already, but I was sure there was something else too.

i want to make puns with the princess! so i might make a silly character this time around.

So last thread's leaks got us more detailed drinking rules and a few more feats. Question is, does any of it do anything for archetypes like Drunken Master/Brute/Rager?

Has it made you reconsider a build you thought up before? Personally I'm thinking of looking at a Living Grimoire Inquisitor of Cayden Cailean that fights with a book and tankard (maybe take Artful Dodge to satisfy TWF feats with Int since its the Grimoire's cast stat).

Pretty sure that's the Hidden Priest cleric archetype.

Drunken Brute/Rager definitely gets some bonuses from it. Not direct boons, but the feat that improves Morale bonuses means that a drunken Barbarian is actually really fucking good, plus they can get additional DR. And that's on top of random spells they can access from drinking 1/day.

Drunken Master unfortunately doesn't get much benefit from it.

It's similar, yes, but I could have sworn there was something to attempt to pass it off as a nonmagical effect.

I can't seem to find companion to the lonely, what exactly is it?

> the feat that improves Morale bonuses means that a drunken Barbarian is actually really fucking good
Is there some morale bonus besides the ones from Liquid Courage or Surprise Accuracy's that I'm missing or are those what you were thinking of?

check nethys.

basically it gives you rerolls for sluts

the strength and con and will bonuses

Oh christ those are morale bonuses, boy do I feel silly.

Doesnt the penalties for being drunk kinda counteract what youd gain with the feat? Even with the feat that lessens those penalties?

Take silent spell, pump bluff and carry around a lot of snake oil

it's a net 0 against fear and emotion effects but a +1 will against most anything.

So, I got into a Pathfinder game with some new characters and the I know what 3/5 players intend to play. One wants to play a barbarian, one wants to play a monk, and one wants to play an arcanist. Assuming that the arcanist player keeps to a gentleman's agreement of not invalidating other people's class features, what would be a good fit. I'm thinking of doing a skillful character or Cha-based "face" class for out-of-combat utility. Right now, I'm debating between an Investigator and Wilder (psionics are allowed).

What do you think makes more sense?

Or +2, not to mention that it just boosts every other Morale bonus.

I'd recommend doing the investigator if you want to go hard on out of combat utility. I'm playing an investigator right now, and I used the Orator feat to get linguistics to replace my face skills. Then I cheesed the fuck out of linguistics, so now whenever I roll the skill, I get around 40 at level 6. Given that Linguistics also applies to forgeries, this is pretty damn swanky for intrigue.

Getting +16 to every intelligence based roll you bother to make by level 5 is no joke, and that's when you're not cranking out a particular skill to the nines.

> not to mention that it just boosts every other Morale bonus
Sure, but don't forget the STR bonus kinda gets invalidated when being drunk impairs your to-hit.

When your using the craft skill to make something really cheap, can you craft said item in bulk?

For instance, a Kukri is 2gp (20sp) and has a DC 15 Craft (Weaponsmith) to make. The minimum roll required to beat that (15) can make up to 225sp worth of progress, which is 11.25 times more progress than I need to make the kukri. If I state that I want to make 10 Kukris before rolling, can I use that result to make all 10 Kukris with the same roll?

Say, doesn't Taldor have some equivalent to the Varangian Guard? Last I heard that was a thing. What's the deets on those?

The Ulfen Guard?

Those are the ones. Thanks.
Did the new books have any info on them? I ask because the wiki is generally never updated

This is the only newcomer in the Taldor, The First Empire book.

i remember reading about the autism fighter build a while ago, but i never got the exact build. what was it, again?

pastebin.com/hMmLECRV
Not totally certain if this is the fully up-to-date version, but it should show you the deal nonetheless.

thank you, user.

So no need information, like their organisation structure, recruiting requirements, and such?
How about what they were doing when the Emperor gets assassinated in the new AP? I need to know because I was thinking of making an Ulfen character for the AP

Inner Sea Combat has the PrC. It's okay, but not great.

well, after tonight, I'm pretty sure my group is breaking up after five long years. Someone finally said it.
>you ever realize whenever we play pathfinder we all end up masturbating together
and now we cant look eachother in the eye.

You can play a game together, but you're too afraid to jerk each other off?

What kinda friends are you?

it just seemed really gay, the way he said it with anticipation and delight. We all felt that way too.

What.

for the past 3 years our dm has been running a game for us where we all play orc barbarians with 22 str and improved grapple for free. The campaign has consisted of us going from one locale to the next raping every woman and feminine boy we come across.

Personal Rant for the night:
Monkey's Paw Wishes are mishandled in their approach, too many GMs, writers, and anons treat them as if the wish giver should rules lawyer the wish into not granting the intended effect, when the real tech is granting exactly what the user asked for but not shielding them from any unintended consequences that they might have been too foolish to have otherwise considered.

Sure, you can wish yourself to be the king of the castle, but just because you're king by name doesn't mean you know how to actually run the place.

If we went by the rules lawyer tactic, that would instead do something like the wisher being turned into a King Chess piece inside the castle or something dumb like that.

Give away small wishes for free
Large wishes should be entertaining.

Granting wishes is a terrible idea. Everyone and their mother will try and subvert you. When's the last time you got a no-strings-attached, no-weird-wording wish from a genie?

What does "gonzo" mean in terms of ttrpg?

It means adding what some might consider two too many adjectives to a character. Gonzo is just another way to describe the “whacky” parts of anime if they were done in a Western style.

The problem is that this sort of attitude does nothing but just shy away the more savvy players from even attempting to use any sort of wish-granting powers in the first place, much in the same way that "That Guy" DMs breed powergaming players by punishing them for using more fanciful or flavorful options instead of options that just give flat, unarguable raw numbers.

Give your players exactly what they want, and if they're not smart enough to deal with the LOGICAL (important word there) consequences of such an action, then use that as a learning moment, don't be that guy who hears, "I wish Bartholomew was back with us." and decides to bring Bartholomew back as an Intelligent undead with a thirst for murdering his old party.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzo_journalism

How's the Warlord Fighter archetype? Does the AC bonus stack with Monk's (not that it's necessarily needed)?

I don't believe you.

Invalidated, or justified? Maybe you get strong specifically BECAUSE you can't hit for shit?

Aladdin, I think?

I mean realistically, the proper response to "I wish Bartholomew was back with us" would be having his corpse dug up from the ground and plopped in-front of the party, wouldn't it? "I wish he was back ALIVE" would b granted normally, since that is literally just the Raise Dead or Resurrection spell (which, as is written right in the description for Wish, is granted to the wishmaker with no strings attached since it's just copying a lower-level spell).

What? No, I'm saying your whatever you'd gain to hit gets negated by being drunk is all. Yeah you still gain bonuses in other ways, just not as many as one may assume at quick glance.

Trust me, I wouldn't lie about this. Just thinking of how many times I've almost cum while my friend described his "smelly green orc dick" is making me shudder.

Any news on Tribunal picks?

Depends on how spiteful the Wish-granter is, the reason most Monkey Paw scenarios end in disaster in the twisted situations I describe is because it's usually intentionally interpreted in the most disadvantageous manner possible, while (for instance) just teleporting Bartholomew's dead body to you is nothing more than slightly annoying, uncomfortable, and a "waste of an opportunity".

This also assumes that the GM is running off of normal Wish rules, which my God I can't count the number of anons I've seen on this very thread that froth at the thought of their players using ANY incarnation of the Wish spell, even if it's just to replicate another spell's effects.

Apps are still open till Friday 6PM.

This is Vult we're talking about. He's already selected his players.

Need some stat advice for a couple big time enemies my players will be facing soon. Setting is a fantasy Sengoku Era Japan type situation, and four seriously nasty bastards have just found their way out of hell. It takes me a while to stat full characters, so I'm looking on advice to keep the bookkeeping to a minimum while maximizing each enemy's unique challenges.

>The Bandit Emperor
Once a vicious bandit chief who tried (and failed) to kill the Emperor, this guy has become a full Oni style Demon since his death. Needs a solid Barbarian-style base, but prefers to throw endless minions at the party, said minions being made of souls he's stolen.
>The Traitor
A shinobi (assassin samurai) who betrayed his clan for wealth and power, was also a major NPC for a previous campaign. Was slain by one of the PCs (now also deceased). Throwing shuriken ninja who abuses Invisibility.
>The Swordfighter
A samurai who prided himself on being the greatest swordfighter in the world, but he saw cheating, intimidation, bribery, and casual murder as fair game to earn the title. Was slain by a legendary Blind Swordsman. Collects katanas, grows stronger with every kill.
>The Sorcerer
A Nezumi (ratfolk) Monk from the Continent who gained immortality and sorcerous magic by slaying and drinking the blood of a Dragon. I like Scaled Fist Monk with Sorcerer levels coupled with my best James Hong impression.

Any advice from more experienced DMs?

Why is Eutropia such a Taldork?

Has anyone tried making a suit pilot technician?

anybody have or know where to get fantasy grounds modules for PF if you're fucking poor

Brewkeeper prestige class has some amazing synergy with the new rules

please do not bully the pun princess.

Where is the War for the Crown player's guide?

Vult has said several times he hasnt' had the time to even read all the apps

Getting flooded by furries, ERP bait, and general trash probably didn't help that

What's been going on with evil undead Shardwalkers lately?

>put game up for a month
>hasn't had time
The fuck he's been doing for the past month? Getting spitroasted by his boyfriends?

Reading apps a long time from app closure is generally a bad idea, as either the app will get editted or you'll be left with a preconceived notion lingering well ahead of other people's apps.

Then combine that with a two week vacation that just ended in a foreign country with limited internet

Did I miss Dead Suns 4 or is based leakanon still on the case?

delayed due to sickness,next month maybe

you missed it,go look on pdf share thread

is Psychodermist Occutist any good?I can't seem to figure out how to build one

WHY ARENT YOU ON A CRUSADE TO DRIVE THE QADIRANS FROM AVISTAN?

Is the Ninja a competent skillmonkey?

Found it, thx.

Because the bastards keep sending decent fodder to the Worldwound and I have a weakness for swarthy women

>GM on Discord is always on Do Not Disturb
>Even when I ping him he doesn't reply
>Have to wait for him to bother to read HIS campaign discord to get an answer about stuff

Are there Orcs in around Andoran?

I'm not an ass hurt Taldan bitch boy.

If your GM rules that integrating a trophy into a magic item makes that magic item an "implement," you can use it to take Panoplies. If you regularly encounter one type of enemy you can spend mental focus to further boost your attack and damage rolls. As well, it starts to take off at 12th level, when you can theoretically harvest parts from creatures with abilities and SLAs you don't normally have access to.

It's more of a sidegrade though it has its strengths

Orcs are everywhere.

>and I have a weakness for swarthy women
Y'know, not all Kelesh are Qadirans. I'm sure you can find some hot Kelish babes in Osiria or Thuvia

>Wanting to defend your nation from violent invaders is a bad thing
Gotcha, brb giving smallpox blankets to uppity natives. Afterall, they're bad for not wanting to lose their homelands to me

That implies user gives a fuck about the lore and isn't just "MUH CRUSADES" memeing for the sake of it.

But I'm the same user though...

Anyone with a download link for the flip-map pdf? Or just good sci-fi maps in general... It's so hard to find quality maps.

You know, if Taldor is meant to be sort of heavily inspired by eastern rome, I wish they would have actually looked at how succession went down there. I mean, when shit went down, it really went down.

I feel retarded, but I can't tell what parts of Dervish Dancer Bard is supposed to be a passive "when doing dance get this" and which are supposed to be mutually exclusive dances.

Everything that has the "Battle Dance" in the description is active, everything that doesn't is passive.

Havn't picked it up yet, but, Is there any advice about changing the adventure path if one of yours players wants to be emperor in the module?

>e flip-map
I'm also interested by all the starfinder maps

My forever GM wants to play a short gestalt game to test out the rules. It's an evil party campaign set in a cyberpunk animu version of notJapan but where the players are Slashers. It cribs Shadowrun/Cyberpunk 2077, Hirugashi, Dead by Daylight, Friday the 13th, and a little bit of Daganronpa where we have to kill a certain amount and/or type people every week otherwise we are killed and our souls are devoured by some eldritch being. However if we can evade capture and keep killing then we level up and gain more powers.

It's supposed to be "low-mag and high tech" where technology is the new wiz-biz. There are mages and a few psionics but they're rare for a reason as supercorps or cults get them unless they hide their powers. So far my idea was for a Pinhead/Jason serial killer who would be a Serial Killer Vigilante/Psychodermist Occultist and his powers came from the trophies he got from his victims. We're proabably never going to get to a high enough level for a full caster to outcast me so does anyone know what would be the best skills for this gestalt? I'm kinda going for a theme similar to Carpenter Brut's Leather Teeth teaser trailer.
youtube.com/watch?v=0CVqlEwHJrk

checkmate atheists

It sounds like your GM has the autisms and this game will crash and burn long before it even reaches session 2. Tell him to give up and stop trying to be creative. no on likes it. He's just going to fail if he tries, and he'll disappoint everyone again, like usual.

>My forever GM wants to play a short gestalt game to test out the rules. It's an evil party campaign set in a cyberpunk animu version of notJapan but where the players are Slashers. It cribs Shadowrun/Cyberpunk 2077, Hirugashi, Dead by Daylight, Friday the 13th, and a little bit of Daganronpa where we have to kill a certain amount and/or type people every week otherwise we are killed and our souls are devoured by some eldritch being. However if we can evade capture and keep killing then we level up and gain more powers.

This sounds like an absolute clusterfuck that will implode, and crippling autism will prevent your GM from realizing why

Hey
Fuck you

My head hurts from reading that.

>where we have to kill a certain amount and/or type people every week otherwise we are killed and our souls are devoured by some eldritch being. However if we can evade capture and keep killing then we level up and gain more powers.

youtube.com/watch?v=KkJnd9rSAQ8

The Starfinder books are no longer in the Trove posted in the OP. Any idea where they went?

It does? How so?