>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/
What does your party's camp look like when they settle down for the night? Any pets/henchmen/tents or is it just a bunch of hobos lying down in the mud?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/X1TFNxck
pastebin.com/21Whc22e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New thread

is 5e even fun anymore? I'm pretty bored.

Hobos and mud, because my party is too stupid to use a fraction of the resources I put stop their finger tips.

Is shitposting even fun anymore? I'm pretty bored.

wrong thread, hide and report

>What does your party's camp look like when they settle down for the night? Any pets/henchmen/tents or is it just a bunch of hobos lying down in the mud?

Every group I've DM'd for has hated travel and discussing what they do at night.

Just report and ignore, non troll thread was made earlier here

Now that I think about it, wouldn't major travel routes be dotted with rest stops of a sort? Basically big camps where travelers can rest and stock up on supplies, and find some entertainment and good food. It seems like it'd be a good business, since not everywhere is suitable for a fullblown town or village to be raised.

>21:23:45
>as opposed to this thread made at 21:20:54
I know you're getting desperate, shitposter, but at least put some effort into it next time. See you in three more days.

>making a second new thread two minutes after the first
>putting a troll pastebin into the OP
Begone, thot.

Please leave forever, shitposter-kun.

Since I have no idea which thread is the real one...

Theoretically, if I wanted to run 5E, but I wanted my players to be able to have Feats AND stat bumps instead of having to choose between them, what would I have to do to make that work?

>this thread
>made 13 minutes ago
>that thread
>made 10 minutes ago
Hmmmmmmmm.

How do you deal with the checkers like simplicity of 5e negating the fun of attaining system mastery, along with the lack of any meaningful content streams keeping things fresh?

But user, when does it stop being a big camp and become a full blown town?

You'd be able to throw harder encounters at them earlier.

Read and compare the pastebins between the two threads.

pastebin.com/X1TFNxck
pastebin.com/21Whc22e
Hint: One of the pastebins has links to 3.5e and Warhammer Fantasy stuff.

He's getting so desperate that he's just copying and pasting posts from between threads.

>Since I have no idea which thread is the real one...
Take a look at the pastebins and guess
>what would I have to do to make that work?
Well, probably slightly bump up some monster AC/saves here and there, and make your encounters use a bit more strategy than normal. Remember, you're letting the players bump their numbers up, but more importantly you're also giving them a larger expanse of options at the same time. Honestly I don't think you'll notice very much as long as you build your encounters properly (smart enemies, good environment interaction, no solo enemy fights, etc.).

That's kinda subtle since the 5e stuff is at the top. This is getting pretty out of hand.
Does anyone even read the pastebin?

calibrate user. run an encounter with monsters that don't run out of HP. The encounter ends after five rounds. Keep track of how much damage the players deal. Find that number on the custom CR chart. Find that CR. Then find the difference between that CR and a medium encounter CR.

That difference is how much more CR you need to add to any encounter to adjust for your party's increased ability and tactics.

I'd make it so that it's transitory. They're only set up in high traffic seasons. No permanent structures, just great big tents, pavilions, simple stages and hired guards. It could be treated like a tourist attraction, almost.

Isnt that how inns used to work back in the day? Basically like those resting spots you find along nature walks but bigger.

Well, it got 2,500 views before anyone noticed, and it says it was made on the 15th. So it's safe to say that the majority of people on 5eg are illiterate.

What are your opinions on DMs specifically not targeting PCs with spells they would be likely to save, when fighting intelligent creatures? Like avoiding Wisdom saves for the cleric or Constitution saves for the fighter. Is it purely metagaming or you should assume intelligent enemies would recognize who's more dextrous, tougher, or has better mental defenses?

On a more specific note, could enemies know that paladins have an aura around them that protects the party?

>making a new thread as the very first reply to a thread
I am really fucking confused right now

How? How are you having trouble grasping that someone is shitposting as hard as they possibly can?

is this a decent boss for a party of 5 level 5 adventurers?

i'm not sure if i posted it
basically it's a priestess with a parasyte taking over her body as a vessel bursting out and cornering the players

it should also spawn some stirges either every once in a while, or every time it gets hit for x damage

I've also been thinking of using the stirges as something "connected" to it and healing it instead of having the regeneration

Any good boss monster needs legendary actions tacked onto it.

Oh right, I should've taken that into account

summoning stirges would make a great legendary action, but what other monsters with legendary actions should I check out to steal and franken into this thing?

Would somebody really do that?
Just go on the internet and shitpost?

No. That's fucking stupid.
Are you stupid?

I (well, we) stopped playing in December 2013 after 25 years and have been getting the urge a lot recently. I ghost your guys' threads and I want to give the game a try, but I just can't get past the feats versus stats thing. I've always enjoyed the power fantasy games as one user dubbed it and so did my players. I think I can get the band back together if I look at this 5E stuff as a option.

Intelligent monsters shouldn't know what a person's mental saves are like unless they've observed the party for a decent amount of time. Physical saves are probably easier to guess once a fight breaks out just by observing someone's physical movements and appearance, but you can't just point at a guy and say "Yeah, he looks wise enough to squirm out of Hold Person." Monsters that have insight into the working of common race society in a setting where classes have recognizable features to the populace would have a better excuse, but why the fuck would you play in a setting where classes are common and tangible descriptions of people?
The Paladin thing probably comes down to how you fluff the ability, however. And even if they deduce that the rallying personality of the Paladin is boosting morale enough to effect saves, there's no way for a monster to find out that the ability has a range, much less what that range is.

Yes. Quite frequently even though he always gets banned, too. I actually feel bad for him, he doesn't even get that many (You)s.

Different guy. I haven't gotten up to a legendary action-worthy bossfight in 5E as either a DM or a player, but I'd imagine you'd want to stick legendary resistance on there, unless you want it to get stunlocked into the grave.

He got one of his bait threads to be the main thread recently.
We learned an important lesson about critical rolefags that day.

I suppose I'd argue that if the monster knew guys with sticks and pointy hats are probably wizards and guys with big necklaces who chant a lot are probably clerics just like they know guys with big swords are fighters and short dudes with knives are thieves then it would be fine.

I've never been banned though. Hell, all I had to do was make 3 OPs in a row with a different pastebin and everyone else did the rest.

Who reads the OP anyway?

>58236114
See you in 3 days again, shitposter-kun.

A decent chunk of people since fag boy showed up.

Clearly no one, which is a sort of victory on its own.

This

Can drow be Bladesingers too, or is it exclusive to other elves?

I'd rule exclusive, because fuck Drowfags.

Looking for non-biased answers thank you

Up to you, really. 5e has no lore. Anything goes.
If you're going by Forgotten Realms, then no drow allowed.

What does Veeky Forums think of this character?
>Senex Fatuus
>Changeling Bard/Satire
>Teenaged
>Takes the appearance of a REALLY old man (65-75)
>Gets refused service at bars because bartenders think he'll keel over and die
>Pretends to talk about "The Good Old Days" but actually has no idea what he's talking about.
>Tells immature, raunchy jokes because he thinks it's adult humour.

Fucking why, settling down for the night is the best time for the party to mingle and actually roleplay among themselves, talk about their backstories, and share information or ideas they have. Even more importantly, it give the DM a few minutes of not really having to do anything so they can focus on making sure they have all the statblocks/notes/materials they need for the next day.

This.

There are groups that skip campfire scenes? For what purpose??

Not them but I wish, more often than not they just sit there staring at each other.

We took the tent of some bandits we found way at the low levels and just have the wizards raven roosting on it/somewhere nearby keeping watch

That could go one of two ways:
Really hilarious or really autistic. Is it a self-insert user-kun?

too much metahumour

What do you mean 5e has no lore? Wouldn't it be FR lore because that's the default setting?

While FR is the default setting, the classes themselves are divorced from settings for the most part. However, as Bladesinger was introduced in the SCAG, it's probably fair to say that drow can't be bladesingers.

Is this where I'm supposed to be posting or is it the other thread?

What are some cute things a magic crafter could make for their Rogue boyfriend?

I'm thinking a Cloak of Useful items, with the patches inside instead of out, that way it looks like any other Cloak or a Hat of Disguise, though the Rogue is out of attunement slots... Is there something better?

Homebrew items are also good if anyone has any.

I don't need to pretend my pretend character is sitting around a pretend campfire to talk about his pretend backstory. I can pretend whenever I want.

Pants that let him hide objects in a pocket dimension, opening is on the inside of waist.

Is that just regular pants with pockets?

>Mods did their job
Fucking finally

>What are some cute things a magic crafter could make for their Rogue boyfriend?
It physically hurts me to type this but A pair of Gloves of Thievery with the words "My" and "Heart" sewn into the backs of the hands so that any time he tries to steal something he's reminded that he's already stolen your greatest treasure.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go drink to forget how lonely I am.

What do you think of using the Warforged UA to play a skeleton character?

No, make it so the pocket on the inside is like a bag of holding, he can fit things in there that shouldn't fit in a pocket. That way he can sneak weapons and shit into places far easier.

You gonna be ok there m8?

Brb, gonna go commission a pair of gloves for my wife.

That is the sappiest/cutest thing I have ever heard. I think she might die of embarrassment for trying that.

Two problems with this one though: One person in the party already has a set of Gloves of Thievery and Two the Gloves are Invisible while worn so he would never actually see the message unless he takes them off.

I'd rather use it to make a warforged paladin.

Granted, but I can't really think of a better way to make a skeleton PC, since homebrew is all over the place.

I've got half a bottle of vodka now so yeah.
>Gloves are Invisible while worn so he would never actually see the message
You can't "see" love either but it's always there.

You may have bested me for now, but I'll be back!

It's doable, but replace Strength with Dexterity. Maybe replace the additional armor class with something appropriately spooky. Work that out with your DM.

What spells should an Arcane Trickster with 8 INT take?

Yeah, most of the homebrew rules I find for them seem really bare-bones.

haw haw

Badumtiss

Razorclaw Shifter
>Shifting Feature. While shifting, you can make an unarmed strike as a bonus action. You can use your Dexterity for its attack roll and damage bonus, and this attack deals slashing damage.
Would this be decent for an unarmed melee character?

I personally thought it was very humerus.

This. But with my inflame/chard enemies on stakes out front.

We rarely get bothered at night.

>Elf Fighter/Dwarf Cleric/Assimar Paladin/Hobgoblin Wizard

>Elf Fighter player is constantly pissy because his damage rolls are shit
>Gets real quiet during the game when his rolls are bad, stops playing
>Gets upset whenever the Dwarf spams Guidance outside of combat cause he says that's "not playing right"
>Gets even more upset that I let a guy play Hobgoblin and don't have him be discriminated in towns
>One day I make a scenario where a Goblin Child gets caught pick pocketing a woman in town
>It was the Dwarf using guidance again that let him roll high enough to realize what the Goblin was doing that already put the Elf in a bad mood
>Upon the Dwarf crying out about the theft, the Elf literally rolled to attack the Goblin Child
>Got a 19 on hit and nearly max damage
>As I say he's managed to knock out the child easily, the Elf tells me he didn't roll Non-Fatal damage and the Goblin should be dead
>The Paladin and Wizard were across the street too far to intervene
>Upon observing the Goblin Child's corpse they realize it's heavily malnourished and looks to have been abused
>The Cleric prepares Ceremony and the Paladin and Wizard both purchase a grave plot for this unnamed child
>As they prepare to bury the kid, the Fighter spits on their corpse and says the only good goblin is a dead goblin after being totally silent after killing the kid
>Now I've been messaged by the 3 other players that if the Fighter steps out of line again, all 3 of them are going to either kill him or refuse to play if I forbid PvP

What do I do?

Tell the fighter to stop being a dick or get out of the party

Thats a pretty beastly monster

Sick double post.

>Gets refused service at bars because bartenders think he'll keel over and die

When would this ever happen

I typo'd sorry.

Yeah, probably boost it's attack power to 1d4+Dex instead of just 1+Dex.
It's a racial ability, it should be on par with other racials (like Tabaxi)

>Spoiler
Ugh... you're making a lot of sense and that's really frustrating. I don't want to give him the thieves gloves cause someone else has a set in the group (That person has a +18 to Slight of Hands) I don't want two of those running around.

Maybe we should homebrew a set of gloves that turn invisible while worn. What would be a neat effect to attach to a set of non attuneable gloves?

Pants where the pockets connect to the girlfriends tits and ass

I don't see why it's any better than just TWF with a dagger. Personally I prefer Wildhunt for that sweet, sweet on demand +5 to Passive Perception.

Great tips, thanks.

Help me round out my ambush encounter, /5eg/

The bad guys already have the brutes to soak up damage (a bunch of mezzoloths and nycaloths who are gonna try to dispel every single thing the party casts), good single-target damage (a rogue/warlock-ish NPC) and a young dragon (who will mostly use its breath weapon then fuck off to munch on innocent bystanders).

But I feel like that's not enough. The party is very high level 13 and loaded with magic items. What would you suggest? I think I need some kind of AoE blaster, is there any easy NPC sheet I could use? Or some kind of monster that could be used?

Where's the dedicated spell caster user? A hybrid doesn't count.

Hit em with an anti-magic field!

>I don't want two of those running around.
Worried he might start trying to cop a feel with that boost to sleight of hand?

>Bags of Handholding
A bag that when you put your hand inside you can feel the hand of the other person that owns the opposing bag.

This works. Maybe replace the AC with something similar to the Half-Orc's relentless endurance flavored as Undead Endurance? Basically you drop to 1 HP instead of 0 once every long rest.

>Where's the dedicated spell caster user?
That's the kind of thing I want but am too lazy to make from scratch, figure out all the spells and such. Also I want it to be powerful but not too much, since although I want to overwhelm the party, I still want them to have a chance.

Is there any reason to ever give out a magic item that's just a +whatever?

As awesome as that would be, the bad guys rely a bit on magic too... But I guess not as much as the party.

That sounds great.