MTG SPOILERS THREAD

Hang myself edition

this set is fucking garbage

I don't give a fuck, foil Animar bitches!

We tried to appeal to a wide range of magic players and put in cards we thought everybody would like from all spectrums of the game

time for a new hobby i guess

Everyone would enjoy powerful cards, because powerful cards are fun.

I did not realize we were getting the next Un-set so fucking soon.

Why would you want powerful cards at mythic, ensuring those no-doubt expensive cards stay expensive?

What a waste.

Seriously, whoever is in charge of Masters sets needs to pick Mythics that are worth Atleast the price of a booster on the secondary market. Not this $1.50 garbage.

I legitimately burst out laughing
Enjoy getting cucked for $10 a pop, the lowest common denominator style of pandering is destroying the integrity of the game

GOT YOU COVERED, user-KUN!

>Revamp mana system with plenty of special lands.
>Over 90% of utility creatures printed at common
>Tactical combat system that got beyond "turning creatures sideways"

Get your cards before it's all sold out, user!

Gotta ensure broken cards like Chalice of the Void don't ruin standard! Imagine, people not being able to play 2 drops after turn 4!

>Awesome art
>Non-curling foils
>Chase rares that retain value!

Also good quality card stock and pretty foils. At least if it's like Force of Will.

Or you could play Force of Will.

>standard
Meant limited, obviously*

>Vivid and realistic imagery done by the best artists!

>play Force of Will.

What's wrong user-kun? Afraid of mana screw and mana flood?

>No nipples
Dropped

Nah I'm just a weeb.

Not like this

Wait. They pick one card from that set to reveal and it's the one that has visible nooses on the art?
Is this someone's cry for help?

Can I just say how fucking greedy the Magic Mics people are?
>have full time jobs
>open a patreon to do low-effort top 10s and a hour long podcast everyweek
>HAVE TO DO A KICKSTARTER TO DO A SET REVIEW
p-please gibe money

It-t-t-t's alright g-g-g-guuyss.

I bet Wizards will pick it up in Dominaria.

It will the best set of the year, I bet!

If dubs, this will be true.

Fucking why. This might be the worst masters mythic since comet storm.

Does MaRo play constructed? What's hebrewing?

I was hyped as fuck man, what the hell happened

Dumb animeposter

kek

My only consolation is that the return to Dominaria will have me quitting the game right back where I started.

Who the fuck doesn't like tree of redemption

Probably top 1 percent of cards in terms of art, flavor, top down design

Jesus fuck what is wrong with you autismos

This is the set that indicates magic is dead, just like every other set

>Me, sitting on my pile of Doubling Seasons, ready to see them skyrocket in price another year in a row.

death&taxes

Nobody at WotC plays constructed. They all play draft. They sometimes test for Standard.

You're like the little zombies that fall out out Grave Titan. You're a zombie riding in the body of a larger zombie, you all mistake yourselves for the living.

Masters 25 is an INSULT. They have literally figured out how to sell a Conspiracy set for $10/pack: slap "Masters" on it. The EV is abysmal, there are very few playables below mythic, and even most of the mythics are awful. This set is downright insulting to the intelligence of their players, and I encourage everyone to avoid buying any of it.

It's not the tree's fault, but it's a 2$ mythic and they're charging me 10$ per booster.

Also a set made to remember magic's most iconic and known cards. Innistrad had a bunch of REALLY powerful cards played in multiple formats that would have been more than able to represent the set in this instance:
Lili, Snapcaster, Geist, Delver, Labman, Olivia, Past in Flames, hell even Timmy's Balefire Dragon would have been fine, sure. And we get the tree, which sees meme play in EDH at absolute fucking best.

It's a cool card with cool artwork? Sure, I like it for it's flavor and drawing too, but it was not the moment to reprint it.

Wait are these alters? Or can I just crack these in packs?

Neither, they're promos.

wrong moron

These are the expedition equivalent in the second set. YOU CAN CRACK THESE IN PACKS, however the odds are as high as pulling a BFZ expedition.

Is this actually the most baffling card choice of any mythic slot in a Masters set ever?

That's still pretty neat. Is there a good way to start playing? Can I draft it?

>a set made to remember magic's most iconic and known cards

Like Pendelhaven, and the Filter Lands, and Summoner's Pact, and Eidolon, and Rishadan Port, and Eladamri's Call, and Blood Moon, and Thalia, and Azusa. All of which are thankfully not in mythic, where their prices wouldn't fluctuate at all.

To be fair the filter lands (that aren't Graven Cairns) needed a reprint.

I don't know about Casters but you can draft Force of Will. They're produced by the same company.

Both games are pretty cheap to just buy into.

>bought one for my doran deck a couple days ago
oh nooo... can you feel my utter sadness i feel for having spent 2 bucks? i didnt even remember it was a mythic. coulda atleast went with tree of perdition if they wanted to print utter garbo because muh limited.

Tell that to the $15-20 casters that just came out.

That's not true.
A lot play commander. Ironically, it's the one format I ever recall Mark ever saying he explicitly does not like.

>mfw they started the spoilers off amazing with Jace and Imperial Recruiter
>mfw it has been a straight nosedive since with more spoilers aside from a few dead cat bounces in hype

How could they fuck up so many Mythic slots this bad?

Why do you care about mythics so much?

fucking madmen reprinted tree of redemption at mythic.
christ.
one of the best, most flavorful and loved sets of all of magic history is represented by fucking tree of redemption. a cool card, sure but wtf is this.i know you are most critical of the things you love but this is just sad. How many WOTC employees do i need to blow to get MTG to be cool again?

This really is Iconic Masters all over again. It’s Jace/Recruiter or bust with this set. Look! It even has a cycle of lands that’ll tank a week after opening that’ll plunge the EV even further down.

Maybe I’ll be able to snipe one at 140, Lord knows I missed that golden opportunity with Iconic Masters.

I'd play those games if the people here actually gave an open mind to playing them. The mental gymnastics are ridiculous.

>THIS is what they decide for Magic’a 25th anniversary set
JUST

>How many WOTC employees do i need to blow to get MTG to be cool again?
>not sucking WOTC cock a year ago while M25 was being developed to save us from this garbage set
thanks a lot user

I find that weird too. Imagine a new player opening a pack of this "25 years of magic" and pullin' this noose tree here. What next? A spoiler of Invoke Prejudice?

You're right, nobody cares about cards like Thalia, Blood Moon, Summoner's Pact, Pendelhaven, Eidolon of the Great Revel and Vendilion Clique. Nobody even plays them lmao, Iconic Masters 2.0 XD

It could have been worse.

Lmao half the cards you just mentioned are supply limited, don’t actually see that much play and will tank prices a well in a week as well.

Dubs of truth

why do people get so surprised at these masters sets blowing dick? Every time one releases I see threads that are always the same

>spoilers start coming out
>reprints of some OP shit in mythic guaranteeing prices won't drop and you'll be hard pressed to pull them from the $10 packs you're getting
>everything else is either dog shit or playable, but you could have bought a play set for half the price of the pack and saved yourself some time
>the cycle continues

Did anybody actually expect this set to be different?

yeah haha, when I think "mythic from innistrad", I think tree of fucking redemption

Someday Wizards will stop beating me. I can change him!

>mythics are bad
>rares and uncommons are good
>this is somehow a problem

MM3 was solid. I believed in them because of it, but fuck man I'm almost sure I'm going to at most buy 1 pity pack of A25 if some day I'm depressed and want to burn some money and call it a day.

If they could literally give away free money in Challenger Decks, they could at least give us 1 (one) Masters set that doesn't blow Olivia's shaft.

I can't BELIEVE how much worse this set is getting with each spoiler

Any reason why we can't have all the slots be good?
How are you going to feel pulling this fucking tree out of a $10 pack when the guy next to you pulls a fucking Jace?

I dunno. I think Olivia would make it fun, until she sucked your blood. This is just rough and unpleasant. And they still are draining our blood.

Far more interesting than Meme Tree.

Recruiter should have been rare at best, Chalice being Mythic and Ensnaring being Mythic is retarded.

jesus fuck wizards

Considering the impact on draft, Recruiter could have been a fucking common (pauper faggots would have blown their load too).

Recruiter at common is fucking wild and you know it
Don't ever joke around like that again

I can't wait until these decks either: destroy the value of cards permanently, because good cards that get used are going to be printed in one of these, or accomplishes the exact opposite of what they are intended, and instead of making standard less expensive, jews buy up all the boxes and sell the cards for the same price.

That would have been better than the fucking tree.

It'd be great to see the markets burning down because Recruiting for Recruiters would be funny.

Would it actually been a problem if someone manages to draft a couple of them? The whole point of the set is to include combos and shit.

a 1/1 for 3 that tutors for a < 2/x is reasonable at uncommon in a draft environment.

that’s statistically never going to happen

Statistically no two mythics have ever been pulled in the same pod?
Wow, learn something new everyday.
But go ahead and act like it makes it better that you manage to pull a mythic from an expensive pack and it's absolute garbage.

>not reprinting foil power 9 with M25 backs and gold borders and alternate art as "expeditions" that are not playable in any sanctioned format

this was the time to do it
fuck you wizards
fuck you right in your ass
I hope arena tanks and hasbro drop you as a product

How fucking dare they.

JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY WIZARDS

Only thing im happy about is ensnaring bridge price might drop a bit. But the new art is bad and the flavor text is.even worse. Like a 15 year old came up with it.

Yes, neocommunist cultists have the brainpower and creativity of teenagers. Thank you for noticing.

I bought IMA for 120. Here's hoping it happens again with this set.

>new art is bad
You watch your fucking mouth
Anything with Gerrard is gold
ESPECIALLY in this day and age

>neocommunist cultists

What does this even mean? Do you even know?

Did they say whether or not the cards in these decks will have the original set symbol or the A25 symbol?

Am I going to look like a pleb with a Hazoret and Chandra bearing the A25 set symbol?

>Number crunch shows that Crucible of the Worlds would fit right between Chalice of the Void and Ensnaring Bridge
>Crucible is an ionic card as it's the only playable card to come out of the GDS
>It is also extremely expensive and sought after
"Lol here's a Coalition Relic bro, that's what you needed right?"

Forgot image. Least the art is good I guess.

It means sad deluded retarded people who have been deceived by cultural marxism and are advocating for the return of communism, like the neocommunist cultists who work at wotc.

>the cuckold chronicles
>not fash of will

Also courser of kruphix took another c spot

The only reason NOT to play fow vs Mtg is if you play vinty/legacy

Why are they reprinting all there failed mythics over all the years of mythic magic?

>mfw I just play the old decipher star wars and star trek ccgs with friends and we have perfectly balanced fun games
>every
>game
>every
>time

Original set symbol, Challenger decks aren't part of A25 you retard.

Top zozzle.

limited goy