Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2085: Sleep When We're Dead Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
Pdf will not upload. Sorry.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EE8PFGcYIUM
youtube.com/watch?v=v04H7_fFC90
youtube.com/watch?v=vpLRJyWe814
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tell me, jumper, what degree of intimacy are you comfortable with, when either you or your romantic-interest-companion are differently gendered?

Is there a formula to determine dnd damage? I want to figure out a MACs damage output each time it fires.

Jumpers! When you heug, and I know you hueg, do you bother to shape the world to fit your new size or do you give no fucks and make your way through the world regardless of the damage you cause?

What's your average size in a jump, relative and objective?

Tell me about your adventures in size, jumpers.

Im usually large human sized, when not I give no fucks.

You're better off asking in a Starfinder / Pathfinder thread. Pathfinder is close'ish to D&D, and Starfinder is Pathfinder in space. So find out how they handle how scifi vs fantasy weapons, then from there port that figure / rubric to DND.

As vibration/energy beings its the soul that matters. Also after being a tentacle thing and impregnating everyone in saya no uta flesh matters less. Machines feel better

>Jumpers! When you heug, and I know you hueg, do you bother to shape the world to fit your new size or do you give no fucks and make your way through the world regardless of the damage you cause?
Boom tubes help

Man, I've been both genders and something in between, a spirit and energy being without a determineable gender, several dozen types of alien, a magic tentacle-monster, and a few kinds of robot... Gender pretty much ceased to have much meaning.

So... pic related.

I usually go around as at human size... But only because I'm using size-shifting to compress my absurdly HUEG form into a human-sized package.

After a while, I needed to start passively using my gravity control to not collapse into a black hole due to that.

But when I go bigger, it's usually either "kaiju" size or "darken the skies and swallow the sun" size... And with neither of those do I care about fitting into anything. Though I do usually leave the planet before taking my fully HUEG form, mostly because instant Exterminatus is no fun.

Damage: Roll all the dice everyone at the table has. Even the ones with pictures on them.

What's the point of being hueg if the rest of the world fits to me? Even if it's just the furniture, it's still something to be used to give people a scale of how big I am.

I took the height increase for Body Mod so I spend most of my time at 7ft tall minimum. With that height increasing to past 8ft or even 9ft whenever I us "final form" techniques. And that's without using my Kaiju or dragon forms.

>something big

Alright. I've added a couple more drawbacks (Amateur Actor and Fated), removed the Playwright restriction for Bard of Avon, changed the title/footer, and made a few minor wording changes where people were confused.

I'm still looking for feedback, so feel free to give a read through and tell me any criticisms or anything you wanna say about the jump. I'm also open to add a couple more drawbacks if people have ideas.

>Not being a cute and small magical animal

For Et tu, Brute!, can the points be spent on the Villain items as well as perks? Also, am I correct that this replaces the points they'd normally get for being imported?
Incidentally, is there a reason this is restricted to the Hero only?

Would the bear count as a 50cp or 100cp companion option?

Yeah, I'll clarify that it can be spent on Villain items too.
And I'll also say that taking this drawback is basically giving them a free import, so you won't be able to import them a second time.
I restricted it to the Hero since it made the most sense for a tragic hero to be betrayed, but I don't see any harm in removing that restriction and letting any origin take it.

I'd say 50CP. Also good taste.

>I know you hueg
I do not.

I am normal sized.

Excellent.

So, what happens with something like The Taming of the Shrew, where there's a play within a play as a framing device?

Can I go to both the farming device play and the the play-within-a-play?

>Jumper learns that origins can potentially change orientations

Have a build:

Hero [Free]
>perks:
Blank Verse [Free] ...I'm going to speak in incomprehensible verse whenever I want to troll people from now on.
Groundlings [200] Also, let people hear this when I do. Just to freak them out more.
Keep up your Bright Swords [Free] Conflict-resolution! In not-murdering fashion. A true rarity in these plays.
Anagnorisis [100] Could be useful.
Blushing Pilgrims [100] Love!
These Violent Delights... [200] Very sudden love.
Soliloquy [100] This is just lots of fun.
Writer’s Block [200] ...Yes. Fuck yes. Hell fucking yes.
>companions:
Canon Cast - the bear [50]
Canon Cast - Katherina Minola [50] Because fuck Petruchio with a rusty chainsaw.
>items:
Yorick’s Skull [Free] Neat. Goes well with Blank Verse and possibly the Soliloquys.
Cawdor Castle [300] Thane of Cawdor I am, yes.
Jumper’s Works [100] Also neat.
>drawbacks:
Exit, pursued by a bear [+100] WHY
Robin Goodfellow [+300] Pucking hell.

Okay, so the origin probably doesn't entirely apply... I can hardly be penniless and also a Thane with my own castle. But still.

On one hand, fully usurping MacBeth's role with the +0 drawback might be fun... On the other, he's married and his fate isn't exactly the nicest.

Meanwhile, on Veeky Forums. . .

Only eat that which fights back.

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Bitch I eat dragons for literally every meal.

So, what he means to say is we should waifu plants too?

Agreed.

>Not shapeshifting to your preferred shape.
More seriously, probably just any extent. They've been in a relationship for a long ass time.
If I'm hueg, it's to fight on a larger scale, so not a single fuck is given.

If I'm actually in a relationship with someone, I'd be willing to be physically intimate with them regardless of our current physical form.

Though, I can't say I'd go out of my way for it.

Gender doesn't matter so much if you love the other person for who they are. That said, I do have a preference for any form pairing which allows me to Take the knot

Wait... Were not supposed to do so before?

That must get awkward.

Looks like I missed a few Needless questions after I fell asleep. Not sure if the Anons from then will see this post, but I have some time before class to answer them.

Yeah, his actual identity is different between the manga and anime, but in both he's an Adam.

Blade copied part of the Fourth Wave by headbutting Saten, which somehow didn't create a reverse rejection reaction, and in the manga, he learned the rest of it when Saten was trapped inside Blade's memories.

I'm gonna say no, not if the power you copy didn't already have Stigmata. If Arclight awoke Stigmata in Fragments just by learning them, he wouldn't have needed awaken the Stigmata in those Needless beforehand.

Pretty sure that was all the questions I missed? If anyone has anything else they'd like to ask, I'll be around for the next couple hours.

Why no Loli race?

I think that we've had that covered for a while.

Not really. Its all about GAINS! Dragon meat gives the best Gains.

You are disgusting, user.

That sounds both boring, after the novelty of dragon meat wears off, and a waste of dragon.

Maybe he's one of those molecular gastronomists. Turn dragon blubber into ice cream and the marrow into a meat mousse, that sort of thing?

Eh, when you're an anime girl, loli is just a matter of apparent age. If you'd like, I could try to lower the minimum age rolls. Then everyone can be a loli.

I can use the scales and bones for other stuff like crafting new armor or weapons. The meat has no better use.

So what happens in worlds without dragons?

Aren't there dozens of different types of dragons? Ice, fire, demon, Wyvern, Chinese, etc. I would think that there are potentially more forms of dragon meat than normal animal meat. And that's without getting into the differences of taste an texture that can be fond through different parts of the body.

I farm dragons by having there be a living ecostsytem in one of my pocket worlds attached to the warehouse.

I’ll leave that to fanwank. The framing device is mostly forgotten in the play, so you could just disregard it.
Thanks so much for posting! It’s always nice to see what people choose and do within the jumps. Have fun with the bear.

> Pocket Dimension leading to a mystical dimension filled with free range dragons.
That's actually pretty neat.

youtube.com/watch?v=EE8PFGcYIUM

>pic related
I don't get the joke.

>Eating dragons
>Eating people for muscle development

You're among the worst kind of scum.

May Zeus throw you into the deepest pit of Tartarus for your crimes, murderer!

Dragons are not people. They are not human. Even should they have the potential to develop a form of sapience it is not a human mind and therefor I feel no moral qualms about eating them. In fact given the chance they would happily eat me and they are given the chance to do so whenever I hunt them.

>Dragons are not people.

In some settings perhaps. In others, not so much.

>Even should they have the potential to develop a form of sapience it is not a human mind and therefor I feel no moral qualms about eating them

So, do you eat elves, dwarves, hobbits, gnomes, neanderthals, giants, ogres, angels, demons, devils, lizardmen, skaven, Vulcans, Klingons, Twi'leks, Asari, Turians, Mutants, Kree, Rakasha, Spirits, Gods, and cats too?

>In fact given the chance they would happily eat me
>an assumption.

Yah man. Just like that hobo across the street drinking some beer and munching on a baguette must be plotting to bash open your skull and eat your brain.

>they are given the chance to do so whenever I hunt them.
Ares: It's totally fair when I go around murderhoboing among the mortals. I mean, they can't see me, perceive me, and any injury they somehow manage to deal unto me will almost certainly be superficial at best while the slightest glancing blow from me will reduce them to a fine paste, but that's totally fair man.

Why not just add an OC fragment that lets you turn things/people into lolis?

All that hobo wants to do is eat your brains, he's not unreasonable.
youtube.com/watch?v=v04H7_fFC90

In the settings mine come from.

I mean I dont eat twileks and other near human aliens because they look like they taste disgusting though at the same time if one walked up and took a bite out of me I may take a bite back.

The dragons can and do try to eat me. Hobos rarely try to eat me when I walk past them.

I hunt them with a pair of swords and no magic. I do carry a couple tools like flashbombs though. Got to equalize the playing field against the giant element spouting lizard.

...that's not going to work out well for him at all.

Well, I mean, I could, but if I add one OC Fragment, I'd probably have to make a bunch more, especially since the amount of Fragments for each tier is severely unbalanced. I could try my hand at an update for OC Fragments, but with finishing the main jump and adding in scenarios, that'll probably be super low on my priorities.

Still, noted. A Fragment like that certainly wouldn't be out of place here.

Yeah, don't push it if you don't think it's a good idea.

Avoiding OC is a good general rule. I'm not saying that it can't be done or can't be done well, but there is the whole give an inch take a mile thing.

So, what I'm getting from this is that if you think it may taste good and its tried to harm you, you'll kill it and puts its corpse on a split?

It's not like you're using them anyway.
youtube.com/watch?v=vpLRJyWe814

>>Eating dragons
>>Eating people for muscle development
Nigga, it's protein. That is the heart of gainz.

Well, I guess you are following the Path of the Gods.

I.. well yes. I would say that basically sums up my feelings on the matter pretty well. I dont pretend to have some moral high ground about it but yeah. If it tries to eat me it waves the right to complain if I eat it instead.

>and a waste of dragon.
That depends on how you do the farming, user

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

>Anons goes to Toriko and starts shouting at everyone for trying to eat sentients, which is basically everything

Friendly reminder that perks will never be able to give you true fitness. If you want those gainz, you're gonna have to work for them. No pain no gain.

To each their own.

I personally place eating a person as worse than just killing them, but I can understand the opposite sentiment. Certainly can't say I haven't written Jumpers who fall closer to your point of view, even if it's a clear minority.

I'm not willing to go any further than casual killing Asari mind-rape. Meaty bits slapping together is just too gross.

One the reasons for cultural cannibalism is to gain the strength or something from the food. Given the context of Jumpchain, we have quite a few perks for that.

To be honest...I wouldn't go to Toriko. And if I did, I'd either have a moral crisis and become a hermit in the void of space or go insane and launch a(n) (localized) omnicidal rampage.

I've got a perk for that.

Well I don’t change my gender, I’m always male. My sex I go male as well unless in a robotic body like in Transformers. My companions like wise don’t change their gender or sex unless there is no sex for the body. Obvious exceptions would be in Eclipse Phase, where your morph could be female or male or third gender or whatever.

This. I tried swapping genders once and it didn't go well.
Dracula tried to waifu me.

>(localized) omnicidal rampage.
You probably would need more than that. Even gods and entire astral bodies are like that in the Toriko multiverse.

No less comfortable than if we were differently gendered. Physical intimacy is an expression of love. If somebody is worthy of my love, then I will express that love in whichever way I believe to be right, regardless (or because) of who or what they are.

Which Dracula? Was it Girlycard?

I wish. It was regular ol' Dracula from Transylvania in Generic Universal Monsters.

Has anyone shown any interest in making an Amazons (2016) jump?

Agreed, I'm a little to attached to myself to ever give it up and my companions feel the same way about themselves

Who plans to save Ysera? She's one hot nelf dragon milf.

nyet

To be fair, many things in Toriko actively want to be eaten, and will get very depressed if you leave them alive. Which is still deeply horrific, but at least you're fulfilling their life goals.

Who?

The one in the picture.

So, what is the way to release Kaguya from her prison with the less death possible?

Is she important?

Can you be a child of one of the Primordials in Percy Jackson? I want to be a child of Erebus for that sweet darkness magic.

Dicknotize her.

I think it's a transition. During life they of course want to eat and survive. Upon death, their body becomes an ingredient that wants to be eaten, as opposed to decaying and not enjoyed by whatever killed it.

I thought Kamen Jumper was going to (wherever he is now). There is a Drawback in Showa Part 1 that I think makes Amazons canon.

She's the green Dragon Aspect and protects the Emerald Dream. So yeah, pretty important.

That's for after she's released, silly user. I'm searching for a safer way to bring her back into the world.

Find a way to talk with her before she gets released to fix her murderboner before it becomes a problem. Then just make a body for her to use.

Are we happy Dirge is gone or are we bitter and blaming other people for his decision to leave?
If the latter, who?

I mean, if was easy to do, I think most people would try it at least once just to see what it's like.