Veeky Forums - /twgg/ TowerGirls CYOA General

Currently working on a variety of projects

Marble Gear Golem Edition

Discussion of the Towergirls CYOA, RPG, Setting, or Video Games welcome here!

Everyone is welcome.

Charts:
Main Gens: imgur.com/a/9hzpx
Work In Progress-imgur.com/a/8ka0l
Legacy Charts: imgur.com/a/tNxmF
Side Quests: imgur.com/a/Q0FFO

Alternate Costumes: imgur.com/a/zfO0U
Fusions!: imgur.com/a/tAust

Gats's V4+Chibi Gen:
imgur.com/a/3nz8j
imgur.com/a/R79Pd
docs.google.com/document/d/1A-nihGqc0TnW9cIUo9dnnJPHenh94BnKjSWEyokagWM/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1tvwJDhjDU4AfH8GTP553odh0jANZQm-bkoBc7H2l3C8/edit#heading=h.mbsuygwltkaf

Commissions:
imgur.com/a/R79Pd

FAQ:
pastebin.com/gaSHJEZF

Resources:
Tavern Link Hub: pastebin.com/LnVbYysE
Booru (Fan Art Collection) - tower-girls.booru.org/
Tower Girls infinity Chan Board -8. ch.net /tw grl
Brushes, Fonts, and Templates mediafire.com/file/k83sgc5t5dfvv3s/Towergirls_Files.zip
Gats Wiki - wiki.smutosaur.us/towergirls/Main_Page

Spreadsheet Princess - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12IcT_vwIHKAMz-ghvB3fgHTr7DkHvjrbu4Hzlw4XCIU/edit#gid=0

Games & Tabletop Rulebooks:
pastebin.com/uAYHS9KZ

Official Videogame:
towergirlsthegame.tumblr.com/

Quests:
towergirlsquest.tumblr.com/ (Gats)
towergirlschivalryedition.tumblr.com/ (Eversor)

if you'd like access to the discord or have anything you wish to talk about privately involving towergirls, editing, etc, please contact Brumus here:

A) [email protected]
B) "Tired Knight" on Steam

Don't forget to visit the other Tower girl threads on other boards

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/DkEJb
picarto.tv/Eversor
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033586722/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do not know if someone pointed this out, but the Work In Progress link sends to a non-existent gallery

Phi controls that one, so he may need to remake it.

Once we got past Gen IV I have not had the work in progress materials anymore. Brumus would need to create a new one at this point.

I tend to drop wip stuff in the threads, lately I post the gen5exp roster sprite updates. Though I really dont much feel like adding a WIP Imgur to my plate

imgur.com/a/DkEJb
As promised, the knights charts with all fixes made. Please tell me if I missed any so I can fix them then perform the contractual self-flogging

>Read Gats' fertile factory entry
>Get down to hobgoblin section

I dunno if it's the gag, the raggedy clothes, or the red skin/white hair combo, but I have a sudden and compelling urge to make a hobgoblin princess of the underground railroad kingdom

We really only have the one work in progress page at the moment, it may just be best to keep the most updated version in the new threads

I wasn't able to say this earlier but I think drakaina/echidna princess would look better without the shine since it doesn't translate super well into the artstyle

Allright, the Character Creation document is being corrected after few fixes and some small additional contents, such as the Ride(X) Perk which allows the character to ride a relative creature (IE: A Horse).
For this reason the Core Rules has been updated a bit just to add the clarification that it's not possible to enter a Dungeon or a Tower while mounted on a creature (because usually the cheiling isn't high enough or because the mount could be scared).

When Patch finishes the grammar corrections i'll post the New links for the relative documents.

Meanwhile NPC compendium is almost done, i just need to make some few mini-bosses and bosses

I feel like if people ever mod in new princesses to the game a good portion of them are gonna be from the bottom section of the charts

Gats mentioned he didnt post any of the new V4 commissions to his tumblr apparently? Is there anywhere to see them? Mary sues aside I do like some of them.

There's an imgur in the OP that has them all

But does Gats update it? Like will more be added if he gets more commissions?

Brumus updates them and keeps them pretty well up to date. Gats hasn't made any more comms and there's no telling when they'll open again

Who the hell runs our booru those pics need deleting

Is the booru owner still around? If so, can you delete that faggot's pics from it? You know the ones

The board owner has been gone for years, and this degenerate is such a mentally ill person that they are spamming by hand.

He was here about a year ago, but he left again.

damn, we really need to figure out a way to combat that spammer

I aint the one who updates it, I really only keep the main imgur updated honestly

Has anyone tried emailing booru support? That's about the only way to do something about it.

She's being eaten by an unripe cucumber!

just one more gal to go

and to re-iterate, were gonna go one final vote to make sure all the princesses designs are set in stone, heres the major points ive seen talked about thus far
>Dryad's wood texture
>Raptor's eyes/face
>Psi's head
>Mimic2's similarity to mimic1

I did, but it's going to take some time user

I just got in contact with the booru staff after the email I sent them almost a month ago asking me to confirm my decision.

And the outcome?

It's going to take time for it to processes since user. I just confirmed the decision just now in my reply to them during the email, so now we hope they check their emails again soon and promote me to admin

Ah i see. Good luck then, soldier.

>Ah i see. Good luck then, soldier.

Thank you user, But if I do get it I will give other anons like patch and other trusted booru anons mod status so that we will never have to go through this ordeal again. Maybe we might be able to get Princess numbers instead of those generic ones

>Princess numbers
Ooh, I'd like that.
>trusted booru anons
TFW haven't been active as anything more than "user" for years now in Towergals

Last I checked, M2's Similarities to M1 was only brought up as reason to keep her off the chart. I think at this point, with her getting quite a few votes to stay *And* an Eversor(tm) Re-design, we can safely say that is a non-issue right now.
Cue 2 people telling me, I'm wrong

That'd be nice. We could get that stupid spammer off.
God speed, user.

>no ponytail on mimic 2
I genuinely can't tell if I like her without it. Otherwise, Mimic 2 is fine as she is. The few naysayers are just trying to make a big deal out of nothing. Many other princesses that are 2, 3, and so on look similar to the original with a few differences, so why is Mimic 2 being targeted? Literally no reason, that's why.

I agree with Psi, because holy fuck that is weird as hell. Like a Dragon Princess version of Zoidberg from Futurama. That creepy fleshy form just looks...wrong. I would rather have Lobotomy Princess over that, and nobody liked Lobotomy Princess.

Raptor's eyes are also a thing I agree with, as she needs those slanted eyes. NEEDS. The spunky and smug expression they gave allowed her to look more lively, while these current eyes make her look cautious. The slanted eyes allow her to look more ready and wild, which was a great appeal.

Dryad's fine by me, but I can see the worries. She's got a texture that isn't a flat color, unlike every other princess who uses a solid color with little to no deviation. Things like the Dragon Princesses' underbellies don't count, but anything that has a texture of some kind tends to be implied. For example, Kobold is obviously a reptile, but she's got the same smoothness as Human, Skeleton, Ghost, and so on. For all we know, that could totally be flesh instead of scales. On the other hand, Dryad keeping the texture makes her stand out more rather than just being a brown girl with green hair. She's got wood, so give her the texture to match it!

Blep!

>Dryad
I think Dryad looks fine as is
>Raptor
Yea, we NEED those eyes back.
>Psi
I ADORE This psi. It's so weird and alien, just so perfect for a Psi Princess. Better Alien then Alien princess.
>Mimic
I disagree massively. Mimic 2 looks unique from mimic 1 in enough ways to be a 2nd princess, espially since 2nd princesses tend to look similar to the 1st.

AHHHH
I LUV HER
YES
And with that, were almost done with gen 5, right? just those last 4 things to talk about?

Raptor's olde eyes simply MUST come back, they were just better in every way.

Psi's weird, but appealingly so. I like her.

Dryad, Psi and Mimic should stay the same. Dryad's wood texture is fine as is, Psi looks just weird in the best way possible, amd Mimic 2 looks like her own thing.

Raptor, on the other hand, her old eyes were just better, and I miss some of the sharpness her old head had.

Blep indeed, absolutely adorable.

Aw, she's adorable.

You kept her the way she should be; cute and nibbling on her own tail. Good work.

guys we arent voting yet, ill set it up tomorrow, and same as always it'll be direct messages. Save your words

Side Princess Discussion #2
Flatwoods Princess

This one's based off the Flatwoods Monster, obviously, based in West Virginia. From my limited amount of research, I can't tell if the monster is supposed to actually do anything? Like have ill tidings or any of that. It just sort of appears, looks creepy, and leaves. Maybe that's why Wikipedia has the conventional explanation of it being an owl.

As for the Princess herself, she's a spooky germaphobe looking for help, which I think fits well with the legend. Pretty cute design too, though the towergirls style takes away the massive eyes she's supposed to have.

Interplanetary Communicator is bound to be very useful if you're doing extended diplomacy for any reason, and the Force Field will no doubt be helpful in combat. I just hope she's not so squeamish that she uses the force field even when you're around.

Floating armor is interesting. Does it mean that she has another version of what allows her to float, or does she take her own off and give it to you? I might prefer the second one, but that's just me. Floating itself isn't all that great of an ability without sustained flight, but still not bad.

For her kinks... I guess I don't get it. Why the vaginal muscles? Reacharound I can get because she's got long arms, but pompoir doesn't seem to have a lot of relevance here. I would've gone voyeur, but I'm not TheBrave so what do I know. Outdoor Sex works for her germ fear though.

Overall, I don't think I'd take this one either. I could maybe see the appeal for some, especially with that force field, but not really my cup of tea.

From what I've read and heard, the Flatwoods Monster will either abduct you or kill you on the spot with eye beams if it catches you, and it's real fast. Also has some sort of irritant gas and burning smell, which either comes from the creature itself or it's ship that's usually nearby. Looks rad though.
As for the Princess herself, she's a nice enough lady, gets a spot in the ship

Thoughts on shame's smol dragons?

I like small dragons. But what if we made all the princesses tiny?

Then YOU can be their tower

>I can truly be the Tower Knight
Frabjuous day.

Sooooo....
Which princess turns ya on the best?
It's a toss-up between Sphinx and Triclops for me, both of them have their ups and downs.
Elaborating on this seems rather trashy of me, though...

Savage, easy

Gob, Ama, and Drag 3.

Imp

>Dryad
Would like to see a take without the texture on the 'skin', but still on her 'clothes'. The texture on the dark bark is subdued by good looking. The skin texture stands out too much I feel, and throws me off because she is one of the one princesses on the main charts to have textures and not flat color

>Raptor
Don't care one way or the other

>Psi
I'd really like to at least see a normal head version of her. To compare. She does look interesting, weird, different, and inspiring. But at the same time, I really don't like the dragon neck and snout. Just a variation so we can see which might be better.

>Mimic
Not a huge fan of her in general, as a whole a second mimic feels redundant, "personality" wise if you can say she has one. Though removing her head-arm thing did help her sprite from differentiating from mimic 1's at least. I still feel she looks like mimic 1, but with a different chest. The lower-half kind, not the breast chest.

When friday rolls around, I'll have some time to dedicate to writing up all my thoughts on the Gen4exp, then start commenting on your daily discussions. Glad you picked up the torch though.

I think the wood grain effect on Dryad looks off, as you normally don't see that type of detail in the sprites. Maybe some wood texture would be fine, but now it looks too fine and detailed for the art style.
Mimic 2 is fine. I prefer the ponytail-less vesion. Not having head-arms makes her a bit more distinct from MP1.
Raptor is fine either way, but a lot of people prefer the old eyes.
Psi Princess is the only non-dragonic princess with the DP model, so that's a bit unusual. With that design I feel she should be the dragon of this gen. But turning her into a humanoid princess while keeping the inspiration for her would probably be very difficult.

Witch. :D

Wow I shouldn't post this late.
>subdued by good looking
Meant that the texture on the dark bark is subdued, not as stand out as the skin's texture. And it looks pretty good without clashing.
>she is one of the one
She is one of the only princesses to have textures.

I hope her card's not a dud. Last thing I want's for such an adorable thing to go to waste

Is it too late to see if we can have Oread be a non-trap?

I'll reiterate that I think the wood texture would be best kept to her bark clothing. There was a mockup made that proved it looked good.

sorry but its far to late for that, at most you can vote for his design to be somewhat changed when the vote opens later on today

It's hard to go with that one princess. Goblin, Kobold, Human, Satyr, Symbiote.

I'm not Brave, but I did submit a block of suggestions for Flatwoods during his gen's creation. The idea behind Pompoir was supposed to partially play into an irrational fear of coming in direct contact with the ground (which was changed to her more fitting germophobia). I pictured her as being significantly bigger than the player, which would make it more difficult for her to be intimate while avoiding accidentally touching something she didn't want to touch, so an act that required little to no additional movement seemed appropriate.

Oh
Ooooooh, Battle Skeleton Princess is supposed to be Simon Belmont! I can't believe I didn't notice that until now.

>Want to make a sheep princess
>Get all excited, start writing down ideas and alternates
>Realize Dream Princess is a thing
>Pouts
Who else has ran headlong into this?

There's no rule, unwritten or not, that stops you from making one. Fan princesses can be whatever you want them to be, even if there's already something similar. Have a crack at it anyway!

Well I'm very glad to hear that, I wrongly assumed that if there was overlap that it'd be negatively recieved.

Nah. Most fan princesses tend to be unique, but there were some that were pretty much similar in a few respects. Sure, it's usually not well received, but not negatively. You'll likely get more interest if it's unique, so just let that mind make something unique to differentiate it from the existing ones.

You know, I guess that makes sense. Thanks.

All the combat outfits are a reference to something, try to figure them all out!

Mind posting the full chart of them? I can't seem to find them in any imgur.

Thanks.

If they're all references, then here's my take no what each one is;
>Kobold = Shaman NPC from the game
>Human = Knight Princess but not flat
>Insect = Kamen Rider
>Skeleton = Simon Belmont
>Slime = Cube Slime from various RPGs
>Mermaid = ??
>Knight = ???
>Harpy = ???
>Boy = Something from Fire Emblem, forgot what
Everything after I don't know either.

Ghost Princess=Valkries from Valkyria Chornices,
Dwarf=Unlock from the Achievement Chart With Shield Maiden
Dwarf2= Slayers from Warhammer Fantasy Dwarves
Knight = Unlock from Achievement Chart but with helmet

Streaming! picarto.tv/Eversor

Has anybody ever mentioned that Human Princess is adorable?

gonna post alts as well, we made some alts of mimic2 so shes more varied from mimic1, you can use the alts as a base for what to vote for in the design vote, but your welcome to speak up about any changes you think should go down in your vote as well

dont go spammin at me yet, ill tell the guidlines along with the alts

I'll say this one thing right away; Mimic 2 ain't a mimic if she loses the red blob dress eating her. As long as that stays a constant, then I'm content. I find both Mimic and Mimic 2's "dress" mimic to be cute. Like, I'd want a plush toy of them.

SO, now that all the gals have been flushed out in terms of their sprites, now we just gotta finalize their designs. As you can see weve got some alts here for the base votes but some folk were iffy on some of the other gals designs such as Psi, and Oread

just as with the gen5exp roster vote you need to send your votes to me through
>Email @ Broken-Tower up top
>Steam "Tired-Knight" also up top
>Discord, if your in the discord
these need to be direct or they wont be counted because either ill lose them or theyll be seen as samefag spam

THE VOTE
you can choose simply from which alts you prefer or you speak up about any princess design your not super into, but BE specific about which part of her you dont like
example: her face, her hair, her clothes
dont just say "she luuk bad nuh" that wont count for shit

There's like 50 god damned Tired Knights on Steam. Got a direct link to your steam profile?

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033586722/

and in terms of voting time, lets say...midday monday close? gives a 4 day window

Says you're private. Do I just send a friend request along with a comment, or something?

you should be able to send a friend request and talk to me once ive accepted

Oh. Well let it be known that I am the one with the spiky orange icon.

That last coinpurse is looking fine.

Mega-user, here. Haven't posted in a while partly due to school, partly as I wanted to have a significant update, first. Bits of art still need to be done, and officially starting the Boss chart is still a way off, but the Companion chart is now complete in terms of text.

Very nice.

I don't use imgur very often, but is Gats chibi gen supposed to be blurry as fuck?

Break Battler and Spin Supporter are guaranteed gets for me

Side Princess Discussion #3
Bounty Princess

The first one I couldn't find a picture of, and only one of many to be sure. Pretty sure she's supposed to be based off Boba Fett, but hopefully she's not just as useless in combat.

Fett never struck me as one to be a believer in justice over anything else, but I guess she is supposed to be different than him, and more of a general bounty hunter than anything else. I do think it's just a tad strange that it says "The helmet stays on" while she explicitly doesn't have her helmet on, but I also get the meme and why it's there.

Laser gun and Jetpack are probably the most generic items on the chart, but also sort of needed for her character. I hope you aren't just taking them from her since it'd leave her mostly useless, but it's better than nothing. One should think a spacefaring adventurer would already have their own gun, but maybe this one's stronger.

Photon swimsuit is sort of ironic when it says minimal coverage, considering it is shown right there to be a full body suit, but maybe it turns into something else when you put it on? As it stands, that's not too liberal.

Her kinks make sense, flexibility for her contortion and her love of guns for the other, but her dislike is the real fun part. Tentacles, sarlacc pit, all of that. Her quote adds to her story a little bit, which thankfully makes her less generic.

Overall, not a huge fan of this one? She's VERY generic, but then again, in her prime state she was the basis for the clone troopers, so I guess that makes sense. If you don't already know the basis for her she doesn't have much of a personality, and even then, she's not exactly able to fit super well into the story. Another miss, but I wish she would've had a tad more.

Nice to see that you have the Side Discussions going well. Might want to add links to the previous day.

Yeah you are going to have a harder time getting pictures than I did.

She seems like the space version of Goblin to me but that is mostly cause she is a short stack. Not very interested in what she has to offer.

I saw some flatwood stuff the first time she came up but I still dont know more about her. She is kind of like a red version of big titty alien princess so that is a plus for her.

I like your taste in that she has to loose her clothes when you gain the floating armor.

I think the idea for the photon swimsuit is one of two things. Either it is so skin tight that she is basically naked anyways or it is made of light so she looks clothed but is not.

Before you get too far, some anons wanted the discussions archived

So you might want to set up a pastebin and just copy them into there

What’s wrong with it?

Is there a higher quality version to replace it

Mandalorian are pretty rad in general. She strikes me as the Knight Princess of the chart and that's a-ok in my book

It might totally be me not knowing how imgur works, but I'm on mobile and every image in the set is blurry and artifacted.
I'm on WiFi, without the imgur app if that helps at all.