"Hey, you ever heard of this Dee 'n' Dee stuff? I saw it on this show called Critical Role..."

>"Hey, you ever heard of this Dee 'n' Dee stuff? I saw it on this show called Critical Role..."

How do you respond?

I drink at home alone.

One of us - one of us - one of us

I have sex with the attractive anime girls while OP watches.

>well y’see, anime sluts, DnD is a shitty tabletop game
>let me tell you about something called eclipse phase, and the wonder of neotenics
>also drop that jack, jesus
>even anime sluts should have enough self respect to staw away from that slop

>I've been GMing on-and-off for more than 10 years now. If you'd like to give roleplaying a try you can join the one-shot I'm running next month.

"I play it, yeah. It's fun."

Try my best to befriend em desu, I have no friends and like D&D

you are mentally 16

You poor soul, I'd be drunk too after that experience.

DnD in general I mean, not Critical Role.

>AH yes, i see you taken a liking of the undead zombie template

ei bb wana sum cocke

Holy shit I've been transported into the world of slutty anime chicks

I then spend the next week having a mental breakdown before being commited

>How do you respond?

Can I like, touch your eyes? I always wondered how large anime eyes will feel like.

Play Pathfinder instead.

>Yea, I've played it occasionally, why do you ask?

Like somebody with basic social skills and without aspies.
So unlike most of Veeky Forums

Is she drinking wine with Jack?

t. swill drinker

No, she's just a drawing.

It's not a person. It's just a drawing

For when you want to get white girl wasted but also want to pretend you aren't an alcoholic.

>"Yeah, I play it. Want to join in for a few sessions, see if you like it?"

t.a normal person

the detail on the jack bottle really clashes with the rest of the image

i would tell them that they should try it out with a few interested friends

Pretty sure the "artist" just shopped it in and traced over it.

Like anyone who isn't a huge grog, just say yeah, I've played it. If they want to know more then they will know more. Also I hope left is the one that's interested, she best.

That said, how do people even find out about Critical Role if they don't at least have some passing knowledge of D&D? And how many viewers does CR even get?

>drinking whiskey from a wine glass
>drinking Jack Daniels whiskey
Fucking heathens.

>whiskey is red

I think you're confusing a whisky glass with a bourbon glass.

>That said, how do people even find out about Critical Role if they don't at least have some passing knowledge of D&D?
psst it's a trick, she's a gamer as well and playing the ignorant bimbo card to break the ice

why is that Japanese girl fighting with steven universe

>Cute OLs inviting me for some D&D
I enjoy D&D, don't have friends and have a fetish for career women. Honestly the only downside is the alcohol. I don't even mind that they're entry level normies.

Even anime sluts would have enough self respect to stay away from Eclipse Phase.

>Normal people with solid social skills

Besides the obvious bait, though, this isn't a logical situation. Are there really people out there who had somehow never heard of Dungeons & Dragons before Critical Role? I mean, the show has gotten more people into the game but D&D has always been pretty well-known culturally. They might not know anything about it besides "nerds rolling dice in a basement", but most people know what it is.

>she's a gamer as well and playing the ignorant bimbo card to break the ice
I would probably assume this, too. She likes tabletop games and thinks it might be a common interest but doesn't want to embarrass herself, so she's being coy.

D20 a shit

knowing OF dnd and knowing WHAT dnd is are different things

most people have heard of it, not many will know what it is- if that makes sense

It's not well known at all outside of the US tho

Yeah, I played it actually, but what is Critical Role?

Yeah, I have a group that gets together and runs a game each week.

>knowing OF dnd and knowing WHAT dnd is are different things
Right, but most people (or Americans, at least) wouldn't watch a show like Critical Role think "what's this D&D stuff they're talking about?", they'd think "oh, so that's what that is."

A more accurate scenario would be a lady asking you if you knew anything about D&D and mentioning they were interested because of a podcast depending on your answer, because most girls are both aware of how much nerdy guys love to gatekeep and don't want to give you an excuse to put them down if you're really into it, and also don't want to embarrass themselves by admitting they watch a 4-hour D&D show every week upfront if your answer is going to be "That's nerd shit."

"Why are you talking to me?"

>because most girls are both aware of how much nerdy guys love to gatekeep
You say that like gatekeeping is a bad thing, especially with women. It only takes one thot to ruin a tightly knit group forever.

>Steven Universe.
Oh man, that gave me the giggles.

Koe no Katachi, a great manga if you want to check it out. I'd shill it any day.

Sounds like they weren't that tightly knit if all it takes is one thot.

>You say that like gatekeeping is a bad thing
I mean, I said it like it is a thing. It doesn't really matter if you think it's good or bad, but it's a thing that happens and which influences social interactions.

Though, I'm all for enforcing whatever standards you like on your own group, but why would you want to keep someone out of a hobby in general? That's just petty.

You don't get what pussy does to a nibba, my man. Like it or not, introducing a woman into a previously all-male group entirely overthrows its dynamics. Worst case scenario the group changes irrecognisably. Why do you think most TTRPG disaster stories start with the DM's girlfriend (and never the DM's boyfriend interestingly enough)?

>introducing a woman into a previously all-male group entirely overthrows its dynamics.
intoducing anyone new into a highly insular group changes its dynamic- its how dynamics work

>and never the DM's boyfriend
most people arent fags

My faggot DM's ex boyfriend was a cool dude, even if he did kinda look like bo burnam.

you underestimate the power of a vagina

>Intoducing anyone new into a highly insular group changes its dynamic- its how dynamics work
Genders are different, user. Introducing a new man into a previously all-male group is a lot different from introducing a woman to a previously all-male group.

>most people arent fags
Women exist. But you never hear of men ruining all-female groups. Really makes you stroke that ol' chin. Maybe it's because almost no women actually have any interest in D&D. Maybe it's because women "gatekeep" a lot harder than men do (never seen an all-male gym in my life but you keep seeing women only gyms). Maybe it's a combination of both.

REEEAAAAAALLY oodles the noodle.

>never the DM's boyfriend
Gay dudes are a tiny minority and most groups with a female DM are a lot less likely to be autistic manchildren in the first place, so I'm not sure why that'd surprise anyone.

>le 'really makes you think' meme

How's reddit this time of day?

>But you never hear of men ruining all-female groups.

Sure you do. All the time, even. Especially in urban progressive areas where the trans rights movment is a big deal.

>But you never hear of men ruining all-female groups.
the majority of traditional games fanbases and Veeky Forums users are men, of course you dont

you may well be right, or you could just as easily be wrong- since we would never hear of it even if it occurred. go look on some womens forum and see if they bitch about female only groups falling apart because they let a man in

>Sure you do. All the time, even
Oh really, do expl-
>trans
...really nigga?

>the majority of traditional games fanbases and Veeky Forums users are men, of course you dont
Which also makes putting an all-female group together in the first place a lot less common

exactly, which is why im saying if you want to find out if men joining womens groups has a similar effect you will have to look to areas where the dynamics are reversed

so probably "progressive" circles

What is Critical Role?

Tell to them to fuck off.

Rolling for smite thot...nat 20! I remove your vile presence from this world in a single strike!

Not to mention the fact the men have not really been socially excluded from circles that aren't explicitly feminine, so it would be hard to find a really equivalent analogy.

There's nothing inherently masculine about rolling dice and playing make believe but it's really only now becoming socially acceptable for women to be into "nerdy" things at all.

I would call them fucking normies and screech at them.

>Not to mention the fact the men have not really been socially excluded from circles that aren't explicitly feminine
Neither have women been excluded from circles that aren't explicitly masculine, nigga. Hell, explicitly masculine spheres are actually being broken down constantly to boot.

>but it's really only now becoming socially acceptable for women to be into "nerdy" things at all
It's only now socially acceptable for ANYONE to be into "nerdy" things. It wasn't like men could openly play D&D in high school cafeterias during the 90s, mate. It's just that as soon as something becomes 'hip' women are drawn to it like it's money, and as soon as something results in lowered social status women run away from it like it's taking responsibility for your own actions.

The thing with progressive circles isn't that men are accepted into it and then ruin everything by playing out women against eachother. It's that theser circles are inherently hostile to men and basically expect men to grovel and apologize for having a dick before even considering letting them crawl under the table and eat their leftovers.

>ruin everything by playing out women against eachother
thats not an inherent part of a woman joining a social circle either

Don't underestimate how much women love men's attention. Not men, just the attention they give 'em. And like I said, women change the dynamics. It's no longer a night with the lads, they'll start strictly policing themselves and eachother because a thot is present. It basically beats the point of having a night with your friends in the first place.

>Rolling for smite thot

*cringes*

Why are the guys who can't get laid always the ones most eager to give advice about women

>Don't underestimate how much women love men's attention
Im not, there are people who find social circles because they think those circles present easier pcikings- women who pick traditional gaming spaces because the men there are easier or men who go to other circles because they think it will provide them greater chances of getting laid

>women change the dynamics. It's no longer a night with the lads, they'll start strictly policing themselves and eachother because a thot is present. It basically beats the point of having a night with your friends in the first place.
the issue here isnt you inviting a woman, its you inviting a woman who isnt your friend, inviting a male newcomer has similar effect. "a night out with the lads" is based around familiarity and injokes, you are comfortable because everyone knows the unspoken rules- newcomers from similar circles take less time to learn there rules but must still learn them- by inviting someone who does not know the rules to such an event you cannot indulge in the same humor or actions as the rules are now uncertain- you do not know how far you can go for fear of offending or excluding new members.

this is literally basic social interaction

Why would a person, who isn't into DND already, watch this shit?

>Neither have women been excluded from circles that aren't explicitly masculine
Not by rule, but it's certainly discouraged by societal standards. I mean, have you ever heard a woman use a microphone in a multiplayer game? They tend to get shit on (not to mention swarmed with horny "white knights", which most women find equally off-putting.) Are video games inherently masculine? Not really.

>It's only now socially acceptable for ANYONE to be into "nerdy" things.
If by "only now" you mean in the last 10-20 years, then that's certainly true. But women are still consistently excluded from those hobbies that are now acceptable for men, and even when they can avoid that are held up on a pedestal they don't want to be on instead of just being treated like a person. And meanwhile society as a whole still often looks at women into even more mainstream "nerdy" hobbies like video games as weird or antisocial, where those things became commonplace for men a while ago.

I mean, it's entry-level. Someone who thinks D&D is dumb nerd shit wouldn't watch it, but for someone with interest in the hobby but no experience it's a perfect gateway.

I'm more into Shadowrun myself.

Something is wrong with her arm.

>I mean, have you ever heard a woman use a microphone in a multiplayer game?
Yes.
>They tend to get shit on (not to mention swarmed with horny "white knights", which most women find equally off-putting.)
I know that's the meme but personally I've never seen it.

Would never hear this shit IRL because nobody watches Critical Role in my country - and if they do, they are into DnD already.

>inviting a male newcomer has similar effect
Because we all know men and women are exactly the same, amirite?

>"a night out with the lads" is based around familiarity and injokes
It's also based around being masculine, something women have taken more and more offense to over time. Sadly, most male friendships aren't strong enough to where they can tell a cunt on stilts to take a hike if she doesn't like it.

>Not by rule, but it's certainly discouraged by societal standards.
I'm pretty sure male cheerleaders get more shit than women who hit the bar.

>They tend to get shit on (not to mention swarmed with horny "white knights"
Which is why they get shit on in the first place. Guys like myself HATE that shit, HATE the 'btw I'm a grill :)' shit that disrupts fucking everything.

>Are video games inherently masculine?
Not anymore, but then again they're socially acceptable now.

>But women are still consistently excluded from those hobbies that are now acceptable for men
Name one.

''Yeah. Saw it as well. Seems fun if you can find a good group.''

On one hand, pleb taste.
On the other hand, cute OL.
Decisions, decisions...

>Yes.
Yes, and there are plenty more who stay silent and anonymous because they don't want to deal with that shit. Ever noticed how when one woman talks over VOIP in a game you'll often have one or two more suddenly plug in microphones and join in?
I'm sure even people on Veeky Forums would probably be surprised at the number of women posting even though it's a minority, because "assume male" is just the norm.

>I know that's the meme but personally I've never seen it.
Really? I would say it's becoming more common now for horny nerds to shower a woman with attention she wasn't looking for just for being female than to tell them to "get back in the kitchen."

>ATE the 'btw I'm a grill :)' shit that disrupts fucking everything.
ugh, this

I really don't understand why people flip the fuck out so much over a sighting of the other 50 fucking percent of the population. It's not nearly as uncommon as you think. But on the other hand it's a self-fulfilling problem, most women believe it or not don't announce themselves with "btw i'm a gamer gurl :) don't hit on me boys" bullshit, and it's easy to assume they're men in that case if they're not using a mic or in some other way visibly female. Some even deliberately pose as men instead of just not giving any indication specifically to avoid this kind of hysterics. Which just makes women seem more rare and thus more remarkable.

>men could openly play D&D in high school cafeterias during the 90s, mate.
When the fuck would you actually have time to play D&D in high school besides after school in the first place?

Looking back on most of my all-male RPG groups, most tended to have inherent oneupmanship dynamics to setup a group hierarchy (who brought the best snacks, how was funniest, who did the coolest stuff in game, etc). I think the issue with girls joining all-male groups isn't a disruption of that dynamics, it's just that girls are pretty much raised in those kinds of group dynamics. They can immediately recognize it, what everyone is doing, and play into it with years of experience and practice.

Also most of the problem is the guys themselves. I don't know what it is, but way too many guys in this hobby will bend over backwards the moment a woman so much as gets within five feet of him. I've seen an ugly hambeast have half a dozen guys wrapped around her finger, and it's not like all of them were ugly weirdos either. And yet somehow this acne-ridden, greasy ball of lard whose tits tucked into her armpits, because she never wore a bra and didn't have the body to pull it off, had them following her around like a puppy.

OL yuri is exquisite, let me tell you.

>;___; women are so discriminated against they must disguise themselves as men or else they get their little feefees hurt
Fuck off chump.

>Something is wrong with her arm.
The artist learned to draw anime by looking at anime.

>Sup fellow made models, ever heard of this vagina stuff? I saw it on this show called Girl Orgasms...

>inept incels are so annoying that if you don't disguise your gender they'll make several posts chimping out about women

Did you intend to hit this level of ironic humor, or was it just a happy coincidence?

>Oh really, do expl-
Yes, really. Women don't 'gatekeep harder' for no reason. They genuinely value having woman only social venues and get mad when they lose them.
>>trans
>...really nigga?
Yes, really. MtF trassexuals have fuctionally collapsed women's social spaces in some areas. Instead of open get togethers, they retreat to invite-only parties with guest lists and known but never spoken rules about who isn't ever going to appear on the list.

>Dee 'n' Dee

Wong, it's not a drawing, it's a picture of a drawing.

are we talking OL/OL, OL/subordinate or even OL/intern
which probably classifies as bestiality, because interns are not people

The fuck is wrong with their tits? Has the artist never seen, y'know, clothes?

>I'm sure even people on Veeky Forums would probably be surprised at the number of women posting even though it's a minority, because "assume male" is just the norm.
Well, we rarely have a compelling reason to post about it. This is also why attention whoring seems like such a meme - in most contexts and on most subjects it's just not relevant, so any girl who is posting about it is clearly doing it for other reasons, like perceived social advantage.

It's not about feelings being hurt you fucking retard. Anyone who plays games online has seen this shit happen and seen a girl sighting turn into a war between harassment and white knights, both of whom are equally autistic and obnoxious. Does it really surprise you that at least some subset of women actually find that obnoxious as well? Sometimes one just wants to play a game without some fucking beta orbiter latching on.

if you wanna get technical, it's electronically rendered visualization of a picture of a drawing

>Wong, it's not a drawing
Those dang Chinese cartoons.

>The fuck is wrong with their tits? Has the artist never seen, y'know, clothes?
The artist learned to draw anime by looking at anime.

>Well, we rarely have a compelling reason to post about it.
No, of course not, I wasn't implying it should be any different in anonymous spaces. There's almost never a point where your gender is relevant somewhere like Veeky Forums. But when "assume male" is the norm it doesn't help the perception of women in the hobby.

The black-haired one is wearing the world's heaviest tie.

Holy shit I havent been motivated to greentext about fedoras in a good long time but goddamn the m'leddit just steaming off this post is almost too much to resist

To be clear, that post is agreeing with you.