Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Nurgle the Nerd Edition

Previous Thread: Please stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting
Do not respond to bait, hide, report, and Party on dudes (And dudettes)

>A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Malign Portents: Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

> Core rules
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handbook 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Nagash
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Portents
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

Any other links that are missing that need to be updated? I don't understand why the Traveller's guide was never here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0afCi-JpvRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that Skull won with only one vote.

>Ogor Flesh-Eaters

YOOOO

Soon

Has anyone tried converting Acolytes into Tzaangors by giving them bird heads? How did it go?

For what purpose?

Teclis' fish elf army when?

I got the Tzeentch Battleforce and want to make a Tzaangor death-star without having to shell out another 40 bucks.

No Warhammer Live this weekend

why don't you make them into tzeentchian nogors to thematically fill the tzaangors unit in count as fillers instead of attempting to make the same unit with different shit?

Why is Grungi such a bitch

he's a dwarf
he's obliged to

He chose to live and become a god instead of finding peace in Papa Bones’ embrace. Many would be a little sour about it

>Papa Bones
>Killed by literal rats
I ain't vote for that bitch

N E A T
E
A
T

probably because instead of being a god like the elves he is just good at making things out of metal. His blacksmith skill could be called godly but he has no real power to help the dwarfs.

Well congratulations, guys. I had it on good authority that getting Skull locked out the path that could have lead to the confirmation of tomb kings in AoS. They would have been rebranded as the return of the katophranes. But instead, you know what is one of the possible ending at the end of the Skull paths from here on out? Another stormcast release.

Congratulations assholes.

But he can’t be killed

>Got mugged and blown up by rodents
He can't be killed but that nigga a bitch

You’ll see when the Malign Portents end and the game is rebranded as “Age if Death” who the real bitch is

there is no information on any of the endings

Don’t bite the dispossessed bait

how should i paint my ghost Veeky Forums ?
i hesitate between converting them using tomb kings bits, and painting them like my old army (red and white scheme), or turn them into nazgul ?

Who's this lightning boi

Both

Not publicly, no. GW has had this whole campaign mapped out internally, right now they're just following the path

not possible. The paint schemes are not compatible

>it's a new day in the paper factory
>The worker rats pour into the factory floor and start working
>One of the manager (whipping) rats had an overdose of warpstone so now the Chaos Lord had to find a replacement
>Luckily this is easy with the skaven
>He simply just threw out a manager hat out amongs a crowd of Skaven and the one to wear it gets to be a new manager
>He chuckles to himself as the mayhem starts

Mate, they're not gonna cancel any potential releases abuse of a campaign, they'll just be held back

what do I need to achieve this skin color?
also torn between giving them black or white hair

rakarth flesh
thin down purple wash with medium (about 3:1)
pallid wych flesh

I wish Arcanites had more fucking Ogroids. Tzaangor are cool and all, but then they just make 99% of the Arcanites into Tzaangors or Muscle Wizards with that singular Ogroid having a badass design and being a pretty neat tweak to the army. I'd have much preferred if we had Ogroids in the place of Enlightened, and left the Tzaangors as either basic troops, shaman, or Skyfires.

Where are these blurbs coming from? I'd like to read them.

Kuwabara, kuwabara

youtube.com/watch?v=0afCi-JpvRk
Just don't go full baka with shade and you should be fine

Malign Portents in the OP
It's full of neat shit

>It's full of neat shit
Only one of these words belongs, user.

>he doesnt like malign portents

Thanks user. I skimmed it for rules earlier, I'll give it an actual read through now.

Reported

>People that disagree with me deserve deletion.
lolwut

>/aosg/
>liking anything

yeah they aren't as cool as us fantasy boys amirite

I was planning on building a FEC army, I can I make a Death Soup army with FEC?

Outside of allies no, you can’t

You can still magnetize your FEC stuff and run a vampire army

Damn, really? I thought Death Soup would be a bit more Flexible.

So gorgers will be included in FEC?a new kit would be nice.

So how does one play Flesh Eater Court?

Nah, it's just another fluff thing. Same as BCR mercenaries

I like that this is a thing
I hate how literally no one will ever convert them into a FEC

Fast, hard, and loose

So, it's an aggressive army? And what do you mean by loose?

>I hate how literally no one will ever convert them into a FEC
Shame - ogors crypt horrors would be great. Ogors come in a box of 6 (£23) and they are using 40mm square bases so you should run them on 50mm just like crypt horrors (£29 for 3 models).

Death Soup is flexible, but FEC are not. They're the only faction in Death that isn't a part of Death Soup, and thus they end up as the odd men out when it comes to army building.

You run that battalion that's nothing but Flayers and giggle a bunch like a depraved cannibal.

I mean, Crypt Horrors and Ghouls as Ogors and Grots is pretty much just a matter of painting them.

Aren't they a bit short for Horrors too? If you model them best to put them on raised basing.

Not FEC but I wish they would make undead for other races. Undead orcs and dwarves would empty my wallet. Or skeleton snek girls.

I would add some extra bone beats at least. Definitely a fine budget option if you want more models variety
>Aren't they a bit short for Horrors too
Nah but fancy bases are a good idea anyway. I would not give a fuck as long as they are put on the properly sized bases

So I'm going to be getting the Stormcast intro half cheap. I already have 10 Judicators and a unit of Palladors, plus gryph hounds. Any recommendations on what to use for for a reasonably fun 1k list? Never actually used Stormcast before.

Also yes, I'm actually lactose intolerant.

If you want to play casual games you can literally just use anything. Pick a hero, 2 battleline units and throw anything you like

Fair doos. All I really know about them is they get faithful memed a lot and that's about it. I guess I'll go for Palladors, Judicators and a bunch of Liberators to generally stick around.

If you actually want to learn about them read pretty much any book that features them and is written by Josh Reynolds

So, what do FEC armies tend to look like?

>All I really know about them is they get faithful memed a lot and that's about it
SCE have interesting fluff and decent sculpts imo. Some people are just mad that GW is focused on them too much and autistic spergs are using this to flood all threads with shitposting. If you want to learn about SCE background start with the SCE battletome

Anything she could double for in Sigmar?

Witch hunter? But her xbow is too futuristic imo. On the other hand with some extra bits it could work as KO tech

You either spam horrors or you spam flayers. Ghouls are pretty much useless. I personally prefer flayer spam just because Deadwatch is so good, though the cost increase hurt like hell.

Are crypt horrors any good or na

Is there no valuable FEC shit to screen it with ghouls? On paper they seem to be a decent meat grinder material

What did I just say? You either spam horrors or flayers.

Ghouls don't really function to screen that well at all. Your heroes are already going to get sniped to shit and ghouls are too small to be able to block LoS. Plus, everything that you do have you want in the thick of things as fast as possible. Flayers and Horrors both are hungry to get up in a your opponent's business, and it's generally just better to bring more of the good shit and less of the bad shit.

People have tried to make Ghouls viable, but it just doesn't really work. Even Ghoul Patrol is meh at best.

Damn, my bad. What about the Courtiers?

Your bread and butter for regeneration, so you're going to want to bring more than a couple. Especially since, you guessed it, sniper meta. They are solid, though. Plus they unlock different battleline picks and some like the Varghulf are just the bee's fucking knees.

>bee's fucking knees
English is not my native language so this made me chuckle. Gonna save this

Well, one of the variants from the origin of the term is legitimately "the bee's penis," so it could've been worse.

>Hamilcar Bear-Eater, greatest hero (in his own words) of Sigmar’s armies, is the latest in a long line of castellans to hold the critical yet precarious stronghold of the Seven Words. With skaven threatening, Hamilcar can conceive only one sure way to hold the Seven Words – to challenge the entire horde to single combat

If this is the case, is the Start Collecting box still worth getting? And if so, what should I get in addition?

If you like that, something being the dog's bollocks means the same thing.

Courtiers and a lot of other heroes need the Necromancer's ability to pass wounds on to nearby chaff. Hero sniping is far too easy.

No, what the game needs instead some form of the anti-sniping rules that exist within 8th Ed, where ranged units can't pick out the hero if a closer target is available. Then instead of slapping on various versions of Look Out, Sir! saves to some heroes but not all, you just slap on a Sniper trait to shit like Warplock Jezzails and Waywatchers that allows them to pick their targets.

>Alith Anar....Dragon Noble

well thats shit. he deserved better.

The closest target thing can lead to some odd scenarios though. I've had units unable to target a lone commander out in the open because a small enemy squad was just a bit closer... On the other side. Or suddenly by scooching an inch to the left I could unload everything into a priest hidden near some ogryn. Neither system is perfect but I think I prefer that sort of "look out sir" for certain units, like the uncaring necromancer, the selfish grot shaman or the selfless fanatics. Snipers could still have rules that ignore that.

Nee to the game, any reccomendations on a wanderer army?

The problem is that AOS heroes have a lot of auras that count units not models. There's already problems with degenerate buff stacking. Making it that much more difficult to derail the synergy train would make some armies fucking ludicrous.

>only using "Look Out, Sir" rolls for units that realistically use "Die For Me, Minion" instead
Really, it just deserves to be a near uniform rule. It isn't just exploited by asshole leaders but also given to good ones by loyal troops as Glade Guard sacrifice themselves for their Nomad Prince's safety, or Freeguild Guard taking a bullet for their General. Something has to fucking change, though, because we are currently in a meta where a Freeguild General either unmounted or on a horse can't reasonable expect to live beyond Turn 1 due to sniping and indirect warmachines. Right now, there's no reason not to play the game with gigantic monster leaders and gigantic hordes of discounted mooks.

Perhaps, but it would also allow other armies to not be laughable jokes where you just hit the general with an indirect warmachine on T1 or T2 and all of their units fall apart due to relying on hero support. Hell, just look at what they've done to Death with LoN more or less to explicitly offer protection to heroes in an army that no fundamentally relies on spamming their hero slots for more DI.

What is this trying to convey?

the old warscroll for morathi got replaced with a generic variant so you can keep using pic related model

alarielle did not get the same treatment.

Technically, that's not true. Alarielle has a generic version, it's just an ultra generic version instead of Morathi with the serial numbers filed off. If anything, Alarielle got off easy since you can actually run an Archmage in an army without automatically defaulting to a Grand Order allegiance which Exiles force you to.

>generic version
i think he wants the old warscroll abilities but as a generic hero instead of it being alarielle since alarielle has a new warscroll now.

Oh, I'm fully aware of what he wants. But beggars can't be choosers. You still can use her old model, you just can't use her own unique rules. Tough shit.

>gw fucked over the aelves
well thats nothing new

Probably because Alarielle came out very soon after AoS launched, but Morathi took 3 years.

Honestly, Alarielle got the better end of the deal as you can still actually run her. Since Morathi's general model is a Compendium unit, that means you straight-up cannot use her for either a Darkling Coven or a Daughters of Khaine army, since Compendium units aren't legal allies.

Morathi got cucked out of her own army while Alarielle is still happy enough in any High Elf army.

so what color do you think would look best for the fenrisian wolves im using as Direwolves?

Black seems the most obvious but I'd never worked with fur before

your happiness over the elves armies getting fucked over is showing.

What's the color scheme of your army? Do something complimentary.

Fellow StD players, help. I want to paint some fenrisian wolves badly but I see no StD unit to use them as count-as. I thought about Chaos Warhounds but they seem to be quite meh

Not happiness at the suffering of elf players, user. Just laughing at the stupidity of GW. Just making the Sorceress on Dark Pegasus a Darkling Coven warscroll would be aces and actually give them another choice for a hero. But instead, they stuff her away in the irrelevant corner with the other warscrolls that exist purely to say that they aren't supporting your miniatures even though they can't even be allied into any relevant Allegiance.

I miss Thrott...

Hobgoblin wolf riders as counts as marauder horsemen