Mini mech inspiration

Big robots are overated, post mini mechs

yes, this includes power armor

God I love landmates so much.

I don't know if Dreadnought fits, but they small enought to get around.

Only size at which single pilot mecha make sense.

Where do you draw the line between power armor and mech?

Great thread OP

If the pilots limbs are inside the limbs of the vehicle it is power armor. Like armor.
If the pilot is inside head or torso completely it is a mech.

Personally i wouldn't draw anything, since "mech" doesn't actually have any technical context, and crossover between two are frequent *cought* Landmate *cought* . Attempting to do that only makes things more complicated.

Too bad we're never going to see more Appleseed.

What a cute robot

Power armour is made with parts that resemble those of a suit of armour: sleeves, helmet, breastplates etc.
A mech would need some kind of mounting/piloting system that isn't just "wearing it".

Iron Man would be PA, but the Hulkbuster would probably be into mech territory.

Or alternatively: if it's Silhouette 5 and has Wounds, it's Heavy Infantry; if it's Silhouette 6+ and has Structures it's a TAG :P

This

Honestly i just realise that since some mecha stuff has power armor as their mc mech, things get pretty blurry.

Example is pic related. Its the main mech of the setting, and its power armor.

Erm, that's a lamppost on the right and what look like mountains on the side, that's not mini by ani means I love it though

The perfect thread for Heavy Gears!

I like how the seat is molded to perfectly fill Deunan's buttcrack

great attention to detail

That's what dreads look like now? God, warhammer has gone to shit. I'm so happy at I quit like 7 years ago

Can I get more info on these two?

Robbie Trevino, king of biomecha art

fucking gross

don't post that shit again

How mini we talkin' bout?

>user doesn't like innovative designs
Keep posting boring ass tin cans, loser

Horus Heresy.

Fucking loved that game

What was the origin of the name "Landmate" anyway?

As mini as you can get dude
I've even allowed power armors for it

Don't worry user, i'll support you

>Power DOLLS

They are 10 meters big thought, not sure if they can be called "mini"

Guess that makes all dreadnaughts mechs. Since the pilots have their arms and legs removed....

Can we get a little more industrial? Posting what I have

Phantom Crash yesssssss
Loved this game.

Look up Ring of Red. It's an alt history where Japan went the way of Korea and is split after WW2. Cold war diesel mechs with scaffolding for technicians and infantry support.

I'm glad more people are learning of the coolness which is Maschinen Kreiger

>7
I wish D-walker was more useful.

My current favorite cutie is the noob-tube from hawken, because I played it in the early alpha. Press F for ded game.

Phantom Crash also had QT mini-mechs called 'scoobies'. I used to play the fuck out of that game on the OG Xbox.

This one barely qualifies as power armor to be fair, unless you count pic related as power armor too

I don't remember, but does the tux increase his strength and speed or is it just damage-absorbing/bullproof/have gadgets? If it does increase physical abilities it's very light power armor IMO

As long as its made with servos and actuators that enhance the wearer's overall capabilities, Its still count in my book.

It did enhance physical abilities, yes.

I'd count it as light power armor then IMO. I wouldn't call it mecha though.

Where'd ya get that?

Also, why no Roller legs?

Needed this, been working on a fantasy mecha game where the timelines hitting that art-deco diesel punk feel coupled with old fashioned sword and board.

God id love a wargame of this.

I always liked this one. Would love to have a mini of it.

F.

It's a shame the game and the company are both gone I really enjoyed playing it on PS3. Especially since I won one of the few official tournaments and got a sick poster. It was a clan tourney, everyone was being as try-hard as possible and using riot-mod pulse cannons,
incendiary ammo, jammer beacons + siphon tools, etc. The clan I was in had a rule to not to use any OP weapons, doing so would mean being kicked. Winning the tourney while still following that rule felt pretty damn good. My main loadout was AR+Shotgun, Repair Tool and god-knife, favorite memories of the game were taking out a mech using just the knife, and taking out a tank during the tourney via our entire team spawning onto it as a makeshift orbital strike

Exists.

Magitec Armor a best.