How do they fare in 40K?

How do they fare in 40K?

>Yet another 40k crossover thread
Who the fuck gets enjoyment from this? Over and over and over again, it's "My dudes are stronger than your dudes" and lol chaos corruption.

>Who the fuck gets enjoyment from this?
Probably people who derive validation from the number of replies their boring reposts accrue.

Bump.

bump

>Probably people who derive validation from the number of replies
I've had my fair share of "high-effort" threads but sometimes I just like tossing out a layup for discussion and seeing if it goes anywhere. They don't charge by the thread, you know.

I think that this illustrates a problem with trying to shoehorn 40k into everything or everything into 40k: 40k's setting is only conducive to very particular sorts of stories based on the internal logic of the setting. Any personality traits possessed by any character that are in extremis, and conducive to story telling in a normal setting, triggers a "lol falls to chaos" outside of a very narrow set of in-faction approved ranges. Your average Space Wolf can like killing in the name of the Emperor and Leman Russ, your average Eldar on the Path of Kaine can be crazed with bloodlust, and your Tau Shas'vre can kill in the name of the greater good, but if you deviate from any of these archetypes then you are shoehorned into one of the setting's various bad ends.

That's part of why this board's neverending obsession with shoehorning everything into 40k and 40k into everything is rather tiresome, at least to me.

It becomes a lot better when you realize chaos players are enormous liars. If chaos was even 1% as dangerous as they describe it as, 40k would be over by now.

Like everything else, demons appear and rape everyone because space marines eat brains to gain memories.

Superman dominates. The rest succumb to attrition based on their general level of power and skill.

Just like their Gods?

Even Captain Atom?

Captain Atom can be defeated through physical trauma, provided enough of it is brought to bear.

J'onn goes batshit when he sees Mars

yep!

Superman pauses, realizes he is part of the Emperor collective, and immediately turns into him and lays Supes-style waste to everything in the galaxy, including the Imperium

End, next thread

I don't know, Green Arrow or Black Canary might not last the week but in that picture alone you've also got four Green Lanterns, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, Supergirl, Power Girl, Captain Atom, Dr. Fate... all of whom are Superman-level.

At that point it's mostly a question of how well a small faction of extremely powerful characters would do. How far would all the Primarchs together get if it were just them against everyone?

Fine.

The ingenious Lex Luthor comes up with a master plan to finally rid the world of Superman.
When most of Earth's finest are gathered at the Justice League watchtower, Luthor unleashes his secret weapon: an unholy mixture of Brainiac's technology and Booster Gold's / Legion of Heroes time travel technology will put the league in stasis before sending them off directly to the Sun's dying moments, far into the future.
As luck would have it, his plan is a success! Mostly...
The Watchtower is shrunk and shielded off from the outside world, rendered incapable of saving themselves.
But hen he least expected it, the TEEN TITANS arrive!
Cyborg sabotages Luthor's contraption. The stasis shield fails, and showers the villain and his time machine with vile energies.
Before the titans can disable the time machine, the entire Justice League is transportated... To the wrong date.
After this encounter, Luthor is changed. Transformed by the energies he goes into seclusion, hoping to understand what he is becoming.
---
In the grim darkness of the 41st Century, there is only war.
As the foreign object arrives near Holy Terra's orbit, the Imperium mobilizes.
The Justice League prepares to flee, but not before Superman is telepathically contacted by the psionic remains of an old acquaintance:
The God Emperor of Mankind, Lex Luthor.

Yes it's stupid, but this entire thread is stupid so I might as well have fun with it.

Hawkman's backstory is no longer considered convoluted when compared to literally anything.

>Century
Millenia
Woops

Anyway, phone posting on the gym so bear with me and my shitty fanfiction plot summary.

I like this, thanks for writing it

Thanks, user

>The God Emperor of Mankind, Lex Luthor.
This... actually works way better than it should. Especially given the Emperor's murky backstory and "fuck aliens, humanity number 1" attitude.

Psykers are 40ks magic and Supes is a bitch against magic.

It also explains his parenting skills. And his favourite son's appearance.

>Supes has taken down psychics by giving their brains laser lobotomies with his heat vision and Supes has no specific immunity to magic
Fixed that for you.

Seconded, seems like an intresting story hook.

>Before the titans can disable the time machine, the entire Justice League is transportated... To the wrong date.
>The Justice League prepares to flee, but not before Superman is telepathically contacted by the psionic remains of an old acquaintance:
>The God Emperor of Mankind, Lex Luthor.

Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future where my evil is law. Now, the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Emperor.

I would watch Superman Jack.

>YOU CAN FLY?!
>......Yes

Here's another fun bit for DC40K: the Emotional Spectrum which Lanterns draw power from is actually a stable form of warp sorcery.

So, you could say Orks are really just using willpower, like Green Lanterns.

Red iz angry, dats why iz fast

>Ork wearing the flash uniform

The kind of shit a psyker would have to throw at Supes to damage him would make that psyker insanely off the charts in terms of raw power.

>Cosmic Treadmill is a bigass hamster wheel with glow in the dark plastic stars

Excluding warp and chaos fuckery
Superman and Flash could each solo the entire universe.
Obviously there is no translation for reliable translation of psychic power between the two universes, so why speculate about it?

So can Superman.

>Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future where my evil is law. Now, the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Emperor
gotta get back

Everyone in this picture:

Superman: The most powerful single individual in the setting barring the Emperor or a literal god. He's vulnerable to magic, though. Does Warp fuckery count as "magic"?

Batman: "Prep time" memes aside he's not going to be much good in a fight, probably stick to a leadership role.

Wonder Woman: How many Space Marines is she worth in a fight? A dozen? Blocking bullets has to count for something but you're not gonna get by on that. Team mom.

Green Lantern(s): Immediately the most useful people in the entire setting. Instantaneous constructs, personal interstellar travel, they're basically person-shaped Starfleet ships.

The Flash: Pretty good. I'm guessing the plot would revolve around finding some way to enable him to travel through time and unfuck everything.

Aquaman: They've still got oceans in the 41st Millennium, right?

Cyborg: Praise the Omnissiah.

Doctor Fate: Basically a Greater Daemon of Order.

Captain Marvel (or "Shazam"?): Superman without the weaknesses, but probably has the most trouble of anyone adjusting to the grimdark, being like 10 years old and a big softie.

The Atom: A+ non-combat abilities. He's a subatomic spy.

Supergirl: See Superman, except a girl.

Power Girl: See Supergirl, but more "power."

Captain Atom: Dude is a walking Exterminatus if he wasn't playing by superhero rules.

Firestorm: Capable of literal alchemy, which has to count for something.

As for Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Green Arrow, Zatanna, Nightwing, Black Canary, Plastic Man, Mr. Miracle, Booster Gold, Red Tornado, Elongated Man, Fire (no Ice?), Blue Beetle, Metamorpho and... I wanna say that's Donna Troy in the very back, they're all at varying levels of "decent tabletop unit" usefulness. I mean, I'd say Hawkman could probably take a Carnifex one-on-one.

>Lanterns
>stable

>How many Space Marines is she worth in a fight? A dozen? Blocking bullets has to count for something but you're not gonna get by on that. Team mom.
Nigga pls.

If Chaos is magic, the Hawks are walking around with weaponized pylons. Takes ol blue down a notch, but it'd make them sufficiently more useful

Am I too high or too low?

She'd beat up Hawkman, and you're putting him at Carnifex level.

It's not the Chaos players who keep doing this, though. It's IoM players trying to justify their unjustifiable shit empire.

That last line is a Silver Age cover just begging to be drawn.

The best thing that can come of this thread is that we get some writefag to give us hot Diana on Sisters action as she leads an Army of them into battle against Orks or some Shit.

>He's vulnerable to magic, though. Does Warp fuckery count as "magic"?
He'd have to get hit with stuff like pure warp energy to even feel it. Also I imagine it would be very possible to banish him to the warp, where Tzeentch and Slaanesh can fuck with him for eternity.

Also with time I'm sure Nurgle can figure out a plague that can kill a Kryptonian.

Fair point. She's not gonna be winning any wars but she'd probably better adjust to the setting than anyone else.

Although, on the other hand...
>tenacious warrior
>flawlessly beautiful
>magic
>warm and welcoming
...She can roll up all the Chaos Gods better than Abaddon does.

Nurgle might be too busy co-opting Starro's species for a galaxy full of drugged up parasite hosts

Most of them would destroy your average soldiers, superman would destroy the exceptional ones too. But 40k psychers would shit on most of them

>literally shitposting for (yous)

What about this guy

Doom would make the best Inquisitor. Or Chapter Master. Or Emperor Incarnate.

Well, more stable than the warp. Most of the time.

I'm tempted to go and commission it.

More like High Lord of Terra

Until his Doombots go Men of Iron and youve got a galaxy full of murderous AI sorcerers

>By day, Bryce Wyan is the wealthy, scandalous heir of a Rogue Trader dynasty
>But at night, he dons the metal cowl and synthskin suit of The Chiropteran, the mysterious hooded agent of the Inquisition who strikes terror into the hearts of heretics throughout the Gothic Sector!

Bruce makes a lot of sense as a strangely moral Spyrer who fights against Underhive criminals and other Spyrers in a weird gothic Hiveworld somewhere.

Superman isn't a bitch against magic. He has no special resistance to it, so it affects him like it would a normal Kryptonian under a red sun - but even a normal Kryptonian is much tougher than a normal human.

Would his nemesis be a Harlequin Solitaire with evil plans for Gotham Hive?

>Am I too high or too low?

Well on the low side. She has magic resistance, can generally stalemate yellow-sun Kryptonians in contests of strength, explicitly has faster reflexes than Superman, and can fly at speeds that rival Superman.

Some of her more impressive feats include tanking a nuclear warhead and an artificial black hole; withstanding multiple Infinite Mass Punches from a Zoom (despite their name, they "only" hit with the mass of a white dwarf star); defeating Ares, Zoom, Mongol, and Supergirl in fights, and she has on occasion helped to move the planet Earth around.

She has also helped Superman move the Spectre, who is literally "made of eternity" (i.e., has infinite mass). Superman took one half, Wondie the other half - but half of infinity is still infinity.

She can also create nuclear explosions at-will by slicing atoms with her sword.

Long story short, from a raw statistical perspective she's probably worth ALL space marines in a fight. The only way they'd win is through sheer crushing numbers.

The problem with Wonder Woman is that her powers are really inconsistent. She ranges from "tough warrior lady" to "as strong as Superman" depending on the version and the writer.

Plus the user saying she could go Chaos is missing that "Chaos gods redeemed by love" is a very WW thing which is very much in keeping with DC and not at all in keeping with 40k as universes.

>The problem with Wonder Woman is that her powers are really inconsistent.
So she'll fit right in with 40k where a single marine can solo an entire planet and be killed by a lucky shot from a lasgun.

So what you're saying is she'll go down a grot if it rolls enough 6s?

Stat him, Veeky Forums

If you need numbers for combat,
He has 18 in every stat.

PL 12 (205)
STRENGTH 14 STAMINA 14 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Magic) 10 (+13)
Expertise (Religion) 10 (+13)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 9 (+11)
Perception 5 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Blast) 4 (+10)
Stealth 3 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Demonic Physiology"
Immunity 4 (Heat, Aging, Pain Effects) [4]
Senses 10 (Detect Magic- Ranged, Darkvision, Extended Hearing & Vision, Precognition) [10]
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [11]
Immortality 10 [20]
Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]

"Magical & Demonic Powers"
"Fire Breath" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (24) -- [27]
AE: Hellfire Blast 12 (24)
AE: "Telepathy" Communication (Mental) 2 Linked to Mind-Reading 8 (24)
AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 10 (20)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Blasts +10 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Fire Breath +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +14, Fortitude +14, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (Morgan Le Fay)- Morgan hunts for Merlin's secrets, and seeks them within Jason Blood's mind.
Responsibility (Evil Demon)- Etrigan is a rather-nasty creature, and Blood struggles to control him. He wishes to be free from his curse, and only-rarely can stop Etrigan from doing bad things.
Weakness (Holy Powers, Iron)- Etrigan shares the limitations of other demons.
Responsibility (Rhyming Demon)- Etrigan nearly always rhymes- it's a part of his rank- "Rhyming Demon".

Total: Abilities: 92 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 76 / Defenses: 9 (205)

A gang of xenos, psykers, sorcerers, and mutants? Not well. Except Batman. He ends up in the Inquisition.

There's a few baseline humans with advanced technology mixed in there. I don't think the Imperium would much mind the Green Lanterns (besides, you know, their whole ideology.)

Right, I forgot about the Hereteks. The servants of the Omnisia will enjoy hunting them down.

>implying the mechanicus even has anything on them

Superman: Only powerful on Holy Terra, but any decently trained psyker could do for him. Literally anywhere else in the 40k universe he'll die like a bitch to a ganger with a stubber.

Batman: Inquisition roots him out for heresy. Alternatively, Adeptus Arbites kill him. Alternatively, he falls to chaos as a worshipper of Tzeentch. (come on, all that "prep time" bullshit? Tzeentch is all over him like white on rice.)

Wonder Woman: A few possibilities. Some comics say she loses her powers if she leaves the planet. If I remember right she's immune or resistant to magic. She's a perfect candidate for Khorne.

Green Lantern(s): Immediately falls to Chaos for warp-sorcery.

The Flash: only useful planetside. His powers don't seem to be restricted to Earth, but what's one person among billions of worlds?

Aquaman: All the oceans of Holy Terra have boiled off. Can his "lol I talk to fish" work off-planet?

Cyborg: Hunted by the Adeptus Mechanicus for tech heresy.

You overplayed it a little.

You guys know Diana, at this point in her canon, is an actual god, right? I don't meant that in a "she's really powerful" sense; she's the literal goddess of truth.

Wonder Woman has almost Superman-levels of physical might with the added caveat that taking her bracelets off makes her about 200% more effective at the cost of her sanity.

I get a sublime amount of schadenfreude from pissed off reactions like yours, personally.

And to think, a broody billionaire playboy gets to tap that while we circle jerk in a thread.

Some guys have all the luck.

>And to think, a broody billionaire playboy gets to tap that while we circle jerk in a thread.
I thought he was marrying catwoman?

He is, which goes to show that Bruce's taste in women is severely fucked.

back to the past

this common misconception really irks me
He's not "weak" just not essentially invincible against like against virtually every other force in the galaxy
There used to be a tidbit about being more vulnerable than normal humans do to mixed in magic across generations and Kryptonians tipping their fedora's at it but that hasn't been a thing in forever

I’m glad you keep up with modern comics so the rest of us don’t have to.

>50 years have past but...I do not age. Yet the suffering continues
>Luthor’s evil grasps the past,present and future
>Hope is lost
>Gotta get back
>back to the past
>Samurai Clark

To be fair, last piece of media with JL in it I consumed was the animated series on Cartoon Network.

Then he's even luckier, he gets to tap both.

He's actually out of date.

And this has never been a thing.

Heroes would most likely spread through the entire universe, because they wouldn't be able to agree on what is good and what is bad. For instance, Imperium of Man is fascist to the bone and many heroes wouldn't be able to stand that, because they are either stupid or just don't know how the 40k universe works.

Superman would be one of the first things to fall, because he is extremely vulnerable to magic, so any mediocre psyker would be able to wreck him. The fall of Superman, after he is either killed or corrupted by Chaos, would start a tear between other heroes, cause grand shock over another fall of Sups, like if it never happened before.

Batman would still brood and stroke thinking about Superman while looking for any, even the most retarded excuse to avenge him.

Any member of Justice League that I recall wouldn't be able to shift the power of the 40k universe. It's too stupid and long lost.

Due to some contrived plot reason he goes back to just jumping really high.

>Superman would be one of the first things to fall, because he is extremely vulnerable to magic, so any mediocre psyker would be able to wreck him
This meme has got to end.

>because he is extremely vulnerable
He just doesn't have any special resistence to magic user. He's still a flying superdurable superstrong superfast brick that shoots heat outta his eyes.

Why do people keep saying that Superman is weak to magic? He is NOT weak to magic. He just doesn't have any natural resistance too it like he does, say, a missile.

Superman doesn't disintegrate if hit with a magic missile - it just hurts.

Hal Jordan, Alan Scott and John Stewart are the real Green Lanterns. Brown Lantern imposters fuck off. Stay in Red, Guy.

What about Kyle?

>possesses your God Emperor

>is immediately forced out and obliterated

Deadman cannot easily possess those of strong will. If he can't take over Batman, what makes you think he'd be able to take over the Emperor?

What happens?

>This has never been a thing
What kind of shit childhood did you have where you didn't even watch the Justice League?