13th century great helm

>13th century great helm
>15th century plate armour

bitchin

hello r*ddit

>Why aren't my fantasy settings precisely accurate to history?
user, most people aren't particularly interested in the finer poinrs of medieval armor. They just want to play a character who wears armor.

There's nothing wrong with not knowing the difference between a bascinet and a barbute.

B-but that drunken dwarf armor merchant told my half-orc paladin, the helm was era appropriate.

>replying to frogposter spam

For fuck's sake, he's done this exact thread fifty times already. How new do you have to be?

>12th century clothing and architecture
>16th century agriculture

>Every single fucking helmet is open faced with a T-shaped opening
>Leather/metal patches fucking everywhere instead of chainmail or actual plate
>Armour is worn on top of a slim black body suit

>he was a 15th century historical reenactor playing a 13th century character.
>couln't afford a full period suit of armor but still wanted to participate in the melee so he just wore his actual armor along with his reenactment helmet
>then the reenactment was interrupted when the perfedious English attacked and he was forced to ride off to war in the gear he had on at the time

Not new. Impotent and angry. The problem with these people is that they care too much about the board. They care enough to care about what content is on the board. That is their folly, same for most everyone on here as well.
And at the same time, they're too apathetic. They're angry and impotent enough to reply, but not enough to actually ignore. In short, they've already accepted the fact that this thread is going to get bumped by sheer number of viewers and so bump it.
We're in a hell of our own devising, and the only way to escape... is to leave.

>Primarily using a sword against well armored combatants
>Polearms and bludgeons exist
Just why

>21st century bitching

>rapes the females
>doesn’t rape the males too

>shitpost frog
>on Veeky Forums

>poorfag knight
>only have great grandpa's helm and a cheap gambeson+shield set.
>recently acquired shiny new armor.
>grandpa's helm is too enchanted/sentimental to replace.

>round shield
>without boss or rim

This.
There was a thriving second hand market for military equipment, and arms and armor were in use for a lot longer than the life of the original owner. Hell, even clothing would be passed down through inheritance and everything was well taken care of and constantly repaired. We're talking about a time before mass production and mass consumption here.

>shield and full plate armor

I have not! rome with lorica segmentata shoulder pads with 15th century breastplates and 17th century flintlock rifles.

Someone doesn't understand the honor of bearing the helm of your ancestors into battle

Fuck off froggy

>13th century helms magically vanished in the 14th century due to a wizards spell

>I'll have you know this helmet has served in my family for over a hundred years!

>1949 assault rifle
>1970 apc
>1994 anti-tank weapon

Then tell us, which century is your fictional setting? You know, the setting that doesn't exist, have dragons and magic in it and completely different history to the real world.

>want to have colonial setting
>know next to nothing about economics and trade
>know next to nothing about agriculture
>know next to nothing about shipbuilding and maintenance
>know next to nothing about guns and black powder
By all rights I should not be allowed to DM, if only it weren't the case that I think even I could do better than my current one