Adepta Soritas Thread

>Army unsupported for years
>Outdated, metal models
>No printed/updated rule book

>Games Worskhop: "People don't buy Sisters of Battle, so they obviously don't want Sisters of Battle."
>Army continues to be even less supported

>Cycle continues

How do we stop this madness and bring back best army?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.themarysue.com/warhammer-40k-gender-representation/amp/
google.com/amp/s/www.themarysue.com/warhammer-40k-fandom-fascism/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Waifu Army is best army.

All I want is the ability to play a bunch of angry women on the battlefield

> How do we stop this madness and bring back best army?

We don't.

Let GW finally squat the useless cunts and focus instead on updating the IG's terrible plastic infantry selection. Throw in some token female sprues or conversion kits to satisfy the soyboys.

Some of the models need a serious update, but the aesthetic is still there

They have a distinct and unique look and mold well to the grimdark setting

But GW is prepared to just can them

>soyboys

I don't think it's a matter of just satisfying a minority demand
Imperial Guard needs to have more women because that's the fucking point
The Imperium is constantly at the edge of extinction and drafts everyone into it
It makes more sense to just have cunts in it

Why don't they just release a separate box for the base marine unit, just all chicks?
Then you could have people mix-and-match all they want, with either numales having all-female squads, virgin-males having all-male, and not-retarded people having mixed?

Irregardless, we need to have the soritas come back
They're too badass and have too much potential to just be let go
The lore, mechanics, and everything are still there! They just need update plastic models and some support! People will buy them!

>"People don't buy Sisters of Battle, so they obviously don't want Sisters of Battle."
>Army continues to be even less supported

I like the Sisters and wish they'd get more focus, and the lack of support doesn't help, but I have to ask: If GW actually supported them on the same level as the more popular factions, do you think they would be popular enough to actually give a solid return on that investment?

>How do we stop this madness and bring back best army?
You'd think they would have got the hint when stuff like the Raging Heroes kickstarter made dosh.

Lots of gals play the game, but usually main Tyranids or such

While I'm sure not all of them would be interested in a Army of chicks, I think most of them would at least have piqued interests, and like any Warhammer player bad with money, they're inevitably buy a couple, and then a lot, of models

There's also complaints every other day on this board about how people wish the army's come back. The great thing about soritas is that it 1. Makes sense lore-wise, and 2. Isn't a forced gender quota shit. It's just a well-designed army that would be a fresh breath of air, fun to paint, good to play, and great to read (covering the three major basis of the Warhammer hobby)

This was in 2015

How thick headed are GW?

>There's also complaints every other day on this board about how people wish the army's come back
But how many of those are from the same people?

I'm not arguing one way or the other, I'm just not sure how many people who say "If they just got focus people would buy them!" actually think that or just want it to be true. I feel like for every person who's into the Sisters there's ten who are put off by the stigma of playing the "waifu army."

I wish they'd get more support but I also completely understand where GW is coming from in being hesitant to do so.

That's true , I suppose

In the end, GW has to make a profit

A lot of these problems seem to me would be solved if prices were just not as high for all their products. I think more people would be willing to branch out into other models, like the Adeptas Soritas, if they could afford it more

Why do all of these female space marines look like man faced trannies?

great to read? almost none of 40k is even bearable to read. the other two points Ill give you.

>A lot of these problems seem to me would be solved if prices were just not as high for all their products.

Now you're just talking fantasy.

I know it's probably intended to make a stabbing motion with a spike, but that deldar on the right...
>how do guns work

GW have failed to hit the sweet spot of sales vs. cost. It's impossible to get most people into the hobby at their current prices but if they were more tenable it could be done. Here's hoping Adeptus Titanicus leads to new Epic 40k and a cheaper, gaming-focused thing (like xwing or armada) to get people into it.

Well they werent always old/outdated. They've had a very long time to determine that they're not marketable. Yeah, some very vocal pepple want them really badly, but it would be shitty business practice to pander to them. Moulds, marketing, and logistics are very expensive. They know that they would inevitably gather dust on shelves after a couple thousand fetishists purchase their supply of cheap boob torsos for conversions and a few hundred girlfriend orbiters purchase thr start collecting box.

The fact that they havent even been given new forgeworld resins means that they'll probably get squatted soon. They're just trying to let you all down very slowly so avoid the shock of killing your army.

You're not going to get plastic sisters. Do you know what gets plastics? Stuff that kids like. If an 11 year old boy wouldnt see it on a shelf and ask for it for christmas, it's not getting made plastic.

sisters need

>plastic ofc
>no manface models. yvraine and the aos elves are good, celestine and her geminae not so much.
>more incorporation/interplay with Inquisition as a faction (would be nice for Deathwatch and GK too)
>melee unit like
>a generic, customizable Living Saint as their sort of librarian-equivalent (could get jump pack, different power weapons, etc)

I don't think that female players will really have a strong draw to the Sororitas, though. I mean, do male players really seek out Marines cause they're men? GW should focus on making them a good faction on their own rather than appealing to the vocal minorities of weeb waifu-ers or "muh representation."

Keep the boobplate, though. Just a touch of sex appeal will still help sales.

Kids aren't that big a proportion of the market. They can't afford it on their own and it's much cheaper and easier to distract your kid with vidya or something else.

Men and women arent the same. Women eat up that "YASS QUEEN" power fantasy stuff.

GW is a publically traded company. They dont make so much space marine stuff just because they like them. Want proof that kids make a huge market share? Go to ebay and look at the used/painted minis.

Yeah, updates are desperately needed...

I think that they'be had more than enough development to make it plain that they're their own developed faction, removed from the 1-dimensional "womyn army"

The gender thing is a defining characteristic, sure, but it's for very clever lore reasons that doesn't seem ham-fisted in

More diverse models and more development would help make them more appealing and expand interest in the community beyond fetishists

Nah, most people are ass at painting to start with. The scrap you see on ebay is people starting, seeing they suck, and abandoning ship early.

Some do. But not the type that are gonna play 40k, mostly. Also, the sisters are kind of all shitty human beings who murder people for no reason and persecute others on the basis of race and religion, which is kind of a tough sell on the "diversity" line (even if it's interesting for other reasons).

Plastic sisters are in the pipeline, there was a leaked source a few weeks back.

>the sisters are kind of all shitty human beings who murder people for no reason
>for no reason

Their reasons always seemed to be as good as anyone elses.

Exactly.

Link or lies.

>Also, the sisters are kind of all shitty human beings who murder people for no reason
Literally everyone in 40k

>persecute others on the basis of race and religion, which is kind of a tough sell on the "diversity" line
40k is literally the least-PC hobby on the market, bar BDSM gear

Just because a faction's all women, you still bet your ass they're going to be mentally fucked-up theological Holocaust-bringers

Lank pls

Isn't this basically confirmation..?

After all, why would they make models if they're just going to can the army...?

Drafting more of the people who produce more of the people you need to go die needlessly. Fucking brilliant plan my man.

That's literally the fluff, Goddard mcburnstein decays'alott

>melee unit
With a shield. Shields are underutilized in the 40K aesthetic and you could pretty reasonably stat a lady toting a giant shield around as having Terminator-like armor while keeping the "Sister" look.

I know. That's my point. There's no way to sell to the "sjw" market with anything in 40k.

Double dubs speak the truth. Female crusaders pls.

I would be very happy if they kept this look.

Just maybe better faces, Otherwise the armour and all is pretty cool.

Did DE?
It would have cost them a pretty penny updating almost the entire DE range, but they did it despite a low player count.

We don't want the sjw market.
Sjws are shit they give us things like:
google.com/amp/s/www.themarysue.com/warhammer-40k-gender-representation/amp/

And

google.com/amp/s/www.themarysue.com/warhammer-40k-fandom-fascism/amp/

My point is that the army isn't sjw and mostly already is if not has the potential to be its own army
The fact that it's all women isn't its only selling point in yet people treat it as if its that "token female army" its inaccurate and there's so much more to it

I know!

imo, all they have to do is not make it too sexualized. Lose the boobplates or minimize them, clothe the repentias a bit more, even make some sisters scarred or ugly. Make them look like warriors, not supermodels in power armour

Yeah!

My usual beef with power armoured girls is that the armour seems to have no bulk at all. Its more like they are wearing bodysuits that just look like armour is a good example. The SoB would have to be incredibly thin under that armour.

How about this

No, fuck that and fuck sjws

Or this

I think some of the models should retain their breastplates but for the bigger bruisers they should have monster armor

Plebeian taste

Yea.. Sure. I mean its power armour. Its like 500 pounds of armour. I agree, regular sisters can wear lighter power armour (which they do in fluff) and elites can have an equivalent of marine armour.

>Not wanting an army of cheap fap-material makes you an SJW

Whats the point of those power armour boobs? It just looks tacky. And her arms are too thin

>If GW actually supported them on the same level as the more popular factions, do you think they would be popular enough to actually give a solid return on that investment?

Absolutely. What kind of question is that? It's not like making this plastic shit is expensive, much smaller companies than GW do it for a profit, and demand is as good as guaranteed. People have been continuously begging for plastic SoBs for decades. The argument that metal SoBs don't sell is the stupidest shit ever (of course they don't sell, metal models are SHIT) and is so brazenly idiotic I don't thing GW even believes it themselves. At this point I think the whole issue is that the bosses at GW don't personally care about SoBs and they pick non-muhreen armies that get support based on their own personal likes instead of demand on the field.

Women have to put their tits somewhere. What's the point of armory unless it's comfortable?

I can only speak for myself but I would instantly buy plastic SoBs, and I will literally never buy any 40K product except plastic SoBs. This isn't just the faction I'm the most interested in, this is the ONLY faction I'm interested in.

>Whats the point of those power armour boobs?

Point is to advertise that they're female. Both in lore and in the real world.

>virgin-males having all-male
Shouldn't those be also al female? SoB are basically fanservice for chronic masturbators.

kys

Boob armor is fine in-fluff, since they're supposed be accentuating their femininity (it's the reason for their existence) and it's not like 40k ever cared for realistic designs anyways. Besides, a moderate amount of waifuing is acceptable.

A chunkier terminator-armor kind of thing would be neat. 3+ with a 5++ (maybe an AoF to boost it to 3 or 4++). I like the aesthetic in

Could be atleast a little less over the top.
Both Celestines are actually pretty good in that regard

>Could be atleast a little less over the top.

If they're not over the top, you can't SEE them on the tiny ass figurines. Everything has to be exaggerated when you're one inch tall.

>imo, all they have to do is not make it too sexualized. Lose the boobplates or minimize them, clothe the repentias a bit more, even make some sisters scarred or ugly. Make them look like warriors, not supermodels in power armour

Grats, you just turned them into a faction literally nobody wants.

Same. Lack of proper Sororitas is the only thing stopping me from taking the plunge into wargaming.

>don't worry we don't want to change anything we just want to represented and included :)
>oh and how about you change those boobs aren't they tacky :) and also the corset and maybe make some non cis oh why not female marines while you are at it :)
again, kys

That's fucking stupid, they're the /sisters/ of battle. If anyone needs confirmation, it's the Space Marines, they could be any gender in space.
Which is why they need a pair of large Power Bollocks.

Confirms for me they're virgin retards. Anyone who's been around a women in person knows that they're people and people can be shit. First girlfriend was married to Jesus. Thank god she broke up with me.

Edge-lord church girls that are the Soritas would make the worst partners.

You can make cool looking female models without being tacky and oversexualized. The new Celestine is cool, I'd be happy if all the sisters looked like that.

Also Malifaux shows you can make female models without them being tacky fap-material most of the time.

>huge ass pauldrons
>okay

>boob armor
>too over-the-top

Doesn’t help that in the fluff and any order that isn’t Our Martyred Lady may as well not exist.

To me the "boob armor" is fine as long it's actually a part of the armor. It's an embellishment on the outer shell of the suit, like a Greek muscle cuirass, not actually where your tits go (because that would make no sense), the armor itself would be fitted and padded on the inside.

But when the armor is portrayed as skintight and form-fitting, it's just stupid.

>A little less over the top
>In 40k
>When being incredibly tall and over the top feminine or over the top masculine is a sign that you're a hard motherfucker who's probably killed billions
ok

>making things not look tacky is for SJWs
>keep everything looking cheesy and dumb to spite them

Flawless reasoning.

Is that really the only thing stopping you guys?

I agree, but how is this relevant to the subject? Virgins don't know about dating by definition, they are basically baiting for boobplate, that is all.
They are biting for monstergirls after all.

Take your blatant double standard and shove it up your ass. WH40K is synonymous with over the top and ridiculous. You don't walk it back for one faction unless you have ulterior motives.

I know it's kind of autistic, but boob plate really bothers me. It fucker up the armor's ability to do its job making it almost useless. I dunno,I feel like engraving some kind of feminine motif (such as flowers) would make it still easy to tell 'that's a womyn!' While not fucking up the armor itself.

The armor looks great IRL. Just weird on models

Anvil Industry are making sci-fi female knights. No boob plates or anything.

If boobplate is going to have any effect on 40k armor, other armors in the setting have equally bad or worse issues.

Yes, agreed. Nothing wrong with feminine armour, as long as it doesnt look like a catsuit

Dead serious, hand on bible, only fucking thing.

You give me semi-affordable plastic Sororitas with anime-pretty faces and I will build an army. Otherwise I'm never going to touch the game no matter what you release. I want my fucking waifu army with their weird-ass religious motif. That is the cool thing you have in your lore. That is the thing you have that makes me go "yeah, I want some of that". And you're refusing to sell it to me.

Yep. I knew that I wanted to field an SoB army after saw a game of 40k in a local shop and multiple viewings of Duncan's tutorials, and I was disappointed to learn about the lack of good female models outside of the Triumvirate.

I don't like skintight fanservice armor any more than I like baby carrier Dreadknights. You can be over-the-top and play to flavor without looking outright stupid. How's that a double standard?

What' if the real reason people on here complain is because they're Virgin Mildreds who can't compete with the Chaddess Veronicas?

Curious how you don't have a problem with the literally thousands of armors in the lore that are made out of skulls or horns or some other absolutely retarded thing.

Your double standard is that realism only started being a concern for you when you saw the steel tits. Before that you didn't give the slightest shit about realism. Because you don't, you're just a shitty SJW.

While I'm not going to criticize you for only being interested in that, I would explore you to look into the rest of 40k. It's full of interesting lore and factions, and if you're into weeaboo shit you might want to look at the Tau. They're literally Japan.

This. Either that or make LCB canon.

By supporting Daughters of Khaine. I bet GW is working out if sisters are worth it by updating DoK and seeing if they get enough sales before doing SoB.

Or better yet: use 3rd party models to teach GW if they won't provide; others will.

When did I say a word about "realism"? It's fucking 40K. I don't care if things look realistic, I just want them to not look stupid.

>not retarded lore that isn't hamfisted into the setting
I always thought they were Vandire whore harem, which then repented after shit went down the drain. And they can wear power armour because of their faith, and for some reason can field hordes of troops with it, even though it is supposedly super expensive and hard to manufacture.

>semi-affordable
You may as well be asking for the second coming of Christ

The skull/bone shit is mostly chaos afaik, soI just kind of shrug that one off as 'lolmagic!'.

But the ungodly large shoulder pads, indestructible and stupidly long scrolls, jetpacks strong enough to carry all this shit without melting the wearer... there's a lot of things wrong with the armor here, but we're talking about the sororitas, so it's mostly boob-plate atm.