You set up a campaign in a world, inspired by art of the Luis Royo

You set up a campaign in a world, inspired by art of the Luis Royo.

How do you do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ulisses-us.com/TorgEternityWiki/index.php?title=Cosm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With testosterone.

>Luis Royo
Everyone walks around wondering why the fuck it's foggy and the world appears blurry.

All women are big tiddy and phat assed.

All men are rugged. Apes or Traps.

Done.

It must be a very diverse setting with parts being post-apocalyptic, others sci-fi and some medieval. Monsters, evil spirits and mutants roam the countryside and the ruins of ancient civilizations. Magic and psi powers coexist.

Games that come to my mind are Torg and Rifts.

Sounds like a great world.

Everyone gets massive bonuses for holding awkward poses

Maybe the post-apocalyptic world is the real setting and the medieval and sci-fi parts are just dreams the characters have, or pockets of reality they enter at some moment or another.

Seduction depends on the agility stat for females and on strength for males.

Fuck everything that moves

Clothing and armor don't see much use since all people have a protective "glory" that stops most kinds of harm and damage and dressing with anything is seen as ornamental, ritualistic or even sometimes as a form of deceit.
Covering your "glory" for no good reason is looked down upon.

There is an anachronistic mixture of advanced and medieval tech, with people using and passing on very little of it since many people now use magic to do things and people that know how to fix and build machines are treated like wizards and priests.

Monsters roam the land and most cities are small pockets of people, with vast little explored foglands between them.

There are legends of distant realms of people that use magitech and of the savage Inglorious Ones, who hide themselves with armor and clothing and are mindless brutes with no magic.

I like where all this is going.

Glory gets depleted by blocking damage. To replenish Glory the character must have sex. The amount of Glory that is gained by having sex is equal to the seduction rating of the sex partner. Some magic also allows to absorb the Glory of the sex partner.

Though there are many monsters in the foglands that are merely predatory and bestial, there are others more cunning and dangerous. They gift strange and seductive boons, in exchange for dark services. Despite their horrific presence they exude a strange inverse of Glory, known as Horror, which turns blades and spells away in fear.

This one in particular sounds like Christopher Lee with the charisma of James Bond.

Too magical realmy, it can't be only sex.
Sex can be among the things that can replenish it, but anything that feels good can do it, along with resting.
Glory depletes over time since in it's passive state it still defends the body from the enviroment, so it must be replenished frequently.

Sex allows for a fast and transfer of energies since at least two people will conciously open up their glory to eachother, giving a recovery bonus for both. It can't be replenished if the sex is not enjoyed.
The same works for anything enjoyable done together.
So the glorious rites are done at least in pairs for a better result.

Sex turns out to be a popular way to do it, but it can't be the only way.

So traps use agility instead, I see.

Probably by first looking up who Luis Royo is, since I've never heard about him

How about sharing intimate moments with someone. It has to be deeper than just meaningless sex, but it's more involved than simply resting/doping up/whatever else.

That seems good. Maybe the deepness of the connection influences it? A shallow fling will net you back a little bit of Glory, while something more meaningful can hit you back up to full?

This seems to be generating a setting that really heavily favors star-crossed lovers, which I think is pretty cool.

I dig it. Just plowing some brothel whore or thinking, "oh shoot! Our glory's fading! Bill come here, we're gonna have to be gay rap quick!" won't give you anything.

I would think performing crazy stunts and action fantasy movie plans like jumping on a dragons head would generate glory as well. That way being armor-less isn't a suicide mission every combat.

What do we call this, let's say, Enchanted Realm of Glory?

Yes!

Would a cyclical system of "glory grants bonus to stunts-succeeding at stunts grants glory" work or be too broken? I've wanted to see a game that gives incentive to doing crazy action hero stunts rather than making it something super easy to punish.

>Maybe the post-apocalyptic world is the real setting and the medieval and sci-fi parts are just dreams the characters have, or pockets of reality they enter at some moment or another.
I can work with this my user

Negative they use strength

Anyone have a good hirez Royo art gallery? Can't get any good ones since Google Images shit the bed.

Ehhhh. Can't we go more Thundarr the Barbarian? Post-apocalypse of magical origin ruins an advanced sci-fi world?

>mix of post apoc, medieval, and sci fi
This alone gets the blood flowin to my dick. How can we pull this off successfully?
Does it lie in the setting? In the mechanics? In the aesthetics? In the system?
Never played Torg or Rifts, give me a tl;dr

That's boring, you should be able to choose which one your character uses depending on how you do the sex thing

I think we could combine the ideas in a way. The player characters are people either blessed or cursed with the ability to shift between the mists, jumping between the the ruins of a post-apocalyptic world of technology and science and a world of soaring fantasy and magic. Run it like it's Ni no Kuni, where it's never quite clear if both of them are real or not, and that they're both connected. A warrior king in the land of fantasy might be a raider lord in the wasteland, but actions in one can affect actions in the other.

Like for example, in Ni no Kuni, King Tom here is just a regular housecat in the real world, but the king of a country in the fantasy world. And yet, it's never really clear if that fantasy world exists or not, because your actions in one affect the other. well besides it all being one gigantic metaphor for a child learning to overcome loss, but whatever

That does sound busted, because it would allow people to create a feedback loop, but so would the sex stuff, people would just fight while having sex for infinite energy.

Instead of a vague, all purpose recharge, make it a set of rules, ruled over by deities maybe.

The rites of battle recharge your glory because they please the deity of war. Your defence only recharges as long as you keep charging and defeating your foes.
The rites of meditation please the deity of balance, only working though calm meditation.
The rites of grace please the deity of perfection. Anything done masterfully and with grace will grant glorious blessings.
The rites of feasting please the deity of crops.
The rites of pleasure please the deity of lust.

All rites are most effective when followed through by more than one person, sharing the same experience willingly, on the same attunement. So you can receive small bonuses during battle through rites of battle by being fierce, rites of meditation by calming yourself against all odds or through acts of grace by pulling off incredible stunts.

To get Horror instead of Glory one would need to consort with the fallen deities, but it causes corruption and mutation. Legends say that the monsters that infest the foglands were once people, but got corrupted by the fallen deities, which explains their cunning, lustful aggression towards people that follow the rites of glory.

Crap, the paintings show a dirty decaying world but the beautiful flawless people are turning it into some weird confy feel good setting that has people literally powered up by feels.

>After the temporal cascade Earth was left broken. The great cities dead and mankind reduced to refugees in a technological wasteland.
>But There is hope. Those who survived the cascade live a second life. Their dreams as filled with wonder, adventure, and magic. This is a world were strange creatures roam and wonderful cities houses mankind.
>The dreamworld would just be chucked to hallucinations and false hope except for the shards. Great waves of fractal energy that causes the dream world to materialise. These shards can last a few hours to weeks, and the survivors can journey into and live in a world of dreams.
>Once the shards vanish, all that remains is the survivors, lost again in a broken world.

Don't forget the gruesome low-tech cybernetics.

That’s why males use Strength for seduction. Also, magic is omnipresent, therefore they can make themselves attractive by using illusion spells.

Considering Horror is a corruptive but potent influence, should the fallen deities that govern it be dark reflections of the existing ones? The rites of feasting please the deity of crops, but to profane those rites with rampant gluttony pleases the fallen deity of plenty. The rites of battle please the deity of war, but to take pleasure in the slaughter and ruin pleases the fallen deity of atrocity.

Damn does that sound cool. Adventuring into crystallized dreams to escape the horror of the world and returning with items and supplies to survive until the next dream appears.

The fog isn't actually fog or smoke. It is the physical manifestation of the souls of all people who died during the temporal cascade that broke the earth. They constantly whisper and try to influence the survivors.

The game should have a system of passions like Pendragon. The French RPG Bloodlust, has such a system that would fit a Luis Royo universe with hot bimbos, rugged warriors and horny mutants pretty well. Those passions are:

Sex
Wealth
Status
Fame

In Bloodlust, once a passion reaches a certain level it becomes uncontrollable. Passions also are influenced by the Moons' cycles (the Bloodlust setting has three moons). In our Luis Royo setting the passions could be influence by the mysterious fog, magic and drugs.

Humanity survived mostly unscathed in orbital colonies. From time to time they send a scientific party on earth to do some recon.

Also, in case everyone wondered why there are much more women than men, the reason is very simple: To have a positive population growth in the space colonies, the ration of women per men was highly increased (men can can fertilize women daily, women can give birth only every 9 months - therefore more women are required). Also since resources in space colonies are fairly scarce, embryos would get genetically modified, hence why all women are hot and there are no manlets.

The situation on Earth could have been salvaged somehow by the humans in the space colonies, but then horny aliens appeared and war broke out.

This already looks better than the monstergirl game tg has been trying and failing to make for months.

At least the artwork than be used for fapping sessions.

>everybody is a naked lady
>all random encounters deal with having sex with some bald monster dude with some metal parts

Is what I remember.

I also mastrubated to his art a lot.

Hi from the study of Luis Royo. ^^

Wait, what?

Yes, I don't know it works Veeky Forums, but yes, here I am.... Google alerts hehe

Sorry, I accidentally speak like a retard, my english is not that bad. How's it going?

Is business still brisk? I'm kind of too old for this style of illustration, but I feel that Royo's art isn't as present as it used to be.

Do you know if there are any plans to get Malefic Time Pleniluno translated into English?

As soon as we upload new products to the store, BOM! gone!.

We have the translation but at this moment we do not have an english version of 110 Katanas and Akelarre available :(

Oh sorry, now I saw that you were refering to the role game, unfortunately I do not have information about this. The company that have created is an "National" company, so I don't think so :/

Ah well. Maybe I'll just buy the French version.

Or you can learn spanish and we can talk hehe

I'm guessing that he is taking less contracts for other franchises and concentrating on his own products.

Yes, it is not a usual thing at this moment. He wants his own works.

>As soon as we upload new products to the store, BOM! gone!.

Good to hear that.

>Adventuring into crystallized dreams to escape the horror of the world and returning with items and supplies to survive until the next dream appears.

Great built on my idea user. Almost like an inverse Rifts. You can explore a shit ton of unique fantasy settings from a stable base and tone.

"The Shards are left overs from the Temporal cascade. They are solid mirages, magical worlds that are shifted and graphed onto ours. The shamans, mystics, and scientists speak of Morphic Fields, Resonance, and Temporal Entanglement. To the average survivor it seems as though a mystical world has been grafted onto the world.
What was ruins becomes a city, wastelands into forests or plains, dead waters become exotic rivers. The shards takes the ruined world and blends it with one of many mystical worlds. When the shard collapses, those survivors who explorer the shard experience the blend fade away, leaving the mundane behind save those thing possessed by the survivors. Though this the survivors can keep humanity alive whit food, supply, technologies and magic/
Hundreds of these blends known as ‘Shard flavors’, ‘World Shards”, “Morphic Shards’ etc. are documented though a dozen or so seem to be dominant in manifesting. It is speculated that something can be done to extend the life of each Shard or being able to call a shard into existence. There are also those who seek to be whisked away as a shard collapses and find some salvation.”

/RoyoGen/

>Almost like an inverse Rifts.

More like an early Myst.

Welcome to Veeky Forums! If you would roll dubs (but trips are better) it would be an auspicious day.

Does Luis do small time commissions anymore? I have a few blank comic covers I would love to have his art on.

What kind of system would this game require? While I hate narrative games, I feel that a Royo multiverse game would require a light and flexible system that can cover a variety of situations. In that style I'd say that Over the Edge comes to my mind as a simple dice pool system that can simulate about anything.

No at this moment, at least is not a usual thing to do a comission. He normally signs with a little sketch at fairs and similar, but nothing else, to much work on ;)

>Over the Edge
Genesys would be my choice. Open enough to follow all the options Royo inspires

Thanks! If I see him in Canada I will aim to have him do a doodle for me.

>You set up a campaign in a world, inspired by art of the Luis Royo.
A RPG about truckers competing about who has the most badass airbrushed fantasy art on their truck.

Wow, there's already a Luis Royo RPG based on time and moon phases?!? Damn, I have to get that. Too bad I don't read French.

>Tfw when your name is Romulo Royo
>Absolutely badass

French? That's Spanish, buddy.

There's a french version, mind.

Grimdark Conan.

Done.

not true, conan wore lots of armour in his stories and mail shirts and helmets were common

Monstergirl stuff will always be trash. Male monster/female human pairings are pure kino, so it's no surprise this has more potential.

Barbarians of Lemuria would be a perfect system for this. Just rename armor to Glory and maybe add some of those passions from Pendragon (like sex/lust and fame).

Oh. Comme c'est intéressant.

What are the game mechanics like?

Does this means a good nice hug would be the equivalent of Heal light wounds?

Heal 1d3
A rub'n'tug is a d8+4

Well, I lost interest ... it's a cool idea and all but the whole thing sounds too restricted, it kinda kills my boner for the setting.
It seems to be going on the direction that has hot woman and buff guys as the only options for heroes and bald muscular male abominations as enemies.
I was given hope for traps but it seems there is no place for them in this setting, and there seems to be no place for female monsters either.

Welp, it wouldn't fit the art style I guess ...

Follow the sub pot user:

im sure everyone feels very badly for you

Maybe there are wellsprings, where one can replenish one's glory? Natural portals holes in reality. These "glory holes" are well hidden, and jealously guarded, or else lost and untapped in ages.

It is up to you, brave players, to seek these glory holes!

Have you ever had sex? You don't chose what others find attractive about you.

>but it seems there is no place for them anywhere
Fixed.

Once, our forefathers and goodmothers were gods, who could command the world from their skytouching palaces of steel and glass. They had so much, and yet sought more. They would defy the Fates. They would live eternal, in bodies of endless youth and dewsome health. They wanted to remake the sands with a thought, to command the seas with a word. They climbed to the gates of Elysium before they fell.

It was a plague, but also a curse, written into their angelic new bodies. That is why the boy-children are so often monstrous. Man was punished by being made a horror; Woman was punished by birthing him. But the Steel Wombs needed none of the old magic of lovers beneath the sky. In the dead cities, the children of the fallen gods are borne into our barren world, and meet the twisted claws of their cousins.

Some of the Keepers cull the monster births. Some have other wondrous devices of the lost times, and can knit a poor mutant-child into a piteous being of flesh and wire and luminum chrime. The power of the beast thus harnessed to serve his betters.

Come again, child of dust, and I will tell you more of the artifacts of the lost gods, of the magic they wove into their benighted children. We live among monsters, but within us also flows the blood of heroes...

>Never played Torg or Rifts, give me a tl;dr

I don't know Torg, but I'm a big fan of Rifts. Rifts is a great setting with very rough mechanics, so most people edit or homebrew the rules. The main settings is a post apocalyptic Earth shattered by a mystical crisis which causes interdimensional rifts. This allows demons ad alien invaders access to Earth, but also allows Earth based characters access to the "megaverse". Functionally it's an overpowered comic book setting pitting cyborgs and super soldiers vs wizards and demons. Also, fights between giant robots and dragons.

If you want to know about Torg you can basically just browse the wiki.
Start here:
ulisses-us.com/TorgEternityWiki/index.php?title=Cosm

That's probably for the best. I typically just contribute to threads like this until the setting starts to drift away from what I'd use and then go solo to make my own. These typically devolve into insular, autistic circlejerks until everyone but one guy decides to bail. That guy will then come back and unsuccessfully start a new thread a few times over the next couple months and then everything'll be forgotten.

>Tfw own 3 royo prints and thinking of getting more

I'd possibly split it into paths.
You have hedonists who want to take everything as far as possible. Sex doesn't regen it for them, but very kinky sex does. Food does as well, but only when it's pushing the boundaries of raw taste overload or the like. Get a glory back for shoveling some sallos extreme coated with vegemite and cayenne powder into your mouth. Going on drug trips could also do it for them and the like.
However when you do something, it will be far less effective from then on unless you do a lot of things before returning to it. Say -2 glory (stacks) with each successive attempt but +1 for every day or week that goes by without them doing the same thing again. They want to take things as far as humanity can.
Then you have the primals who are more primitivists. If you act upon natural urges ranging from starting a fight to raping someone to hunting down an animal, killing it with weapons you made yourself or your bare hands and consuming it raw.
Not sure about other paths, but it's a place to start.The idea is to start pushing it towards almost exploitation movie shenanigans to keep glory regeneration up.
Perhaps rest can always regenerate glory, but is generally the slowest method. It's something you do when nothing else is available.
Personally I'd make it work almost like rogue planet with glory being your energy pool. However I'd make people have 3 wound levels instead of just one, to keep them vulnerable but still give them a fighting chance if they run out. Of course you can keep it as one.

fav royo painting

Nicely written, user.

Posting my favorite