MtG A25 Spoiler Discussion

Project Manchild Edition

Which uncommons are you looking forward to?

Hoping for fatal push or path/swords.

That is the most iconic card at least.

Garbage fire

WE

New art is trash but it's still neat at uncommon.

WUZ

HOLD UP

WUZ a overused joke.

Weren't most of the original legends based around like, D&D characters? I wonder how the guy who played Stangg feels that wizards decided he was playing a black ginger

KANGZ N SHIT

Probably peeved if he cared about the role.

I have a feeling this means that every fully covered legend is now a 'minority'.

You mean nigger.
Wizards doesn't acknowledge minorities that aren't black

Also Asians are "model minorities" when they really mean westernized Asians.

And those are the only good ones.

Even though I like the snake thing by Daren Bader, is it even new art?

Ayo hol up
*smacks lips
You finna be sayin
*plays forest
We wuz
*taps 6 lands
Stangz and shiettt?
*makes 3/4 token

Honestly i dont mind the art or him being black though. Perfectly fine compared to sheboon on renewed faith

Has the Arabian Nights and Ice Age card been spoiled yet? If not what do you think it'll be? hoping for Bazar of Baghdad and Jokulhaups

Seb is good.

STANGG THE KANGG BAY-BEE

>no skulls or spikes
I don't like this.

>based around like, D&D characters
>some of mtg's most iconic legends are someones magical realm character
>mfw

Here comes the dragon maze rares

>A25
>24 boosters per box

Bullshit.

I think it’s a non-issue and that we should instead be severely questioning why this is R/G’s uncommon card when it’s doomed to the sideboard against any blue deck

>original Legends is 30 cents
>it's an unknown knight with Mark Poole's art
>new one is a nigger

Okay now I mad.

I'm not racist in the least, but the political agenda WOTC has been implementing in the last years is obnoxious.

I mean, enjoy Mirage, I enjoy african music, I enjoy a movie like Kirikou but this shit is a totally different thing, they don't want to make cool niggers, they want to make everything a nigger. The result is pathetic.

Kek. Well that's just annoying because it means less shit is pulled for more money, so less Recruiters for me :^(

The ginger part is an issue

I guess nothing says "A History of Magic" set more than a shitty lifegain card. It's more reliable than "Unplayable in any format including EDH Red Rare/Mythic" or "The Mind Rot Card".

Actually, I think "The Vanilla Creature(s)" is more common than the shitty lifegain card but we already got two of those (for now).

BRAVO WIZARDS WHAT A WONDERFUL LIMITED FORMAT

All the Masters sets are 24 packs.

>blackwashed again
IS THERE A SINGLE EXAMPLE OF WOTC WHITEWASHING A CARD THAT WAS FIRST PRINTED AS A WHITE PERSON?

>tfw zedruu gets reprinted and you get to draft a 4 color deck that revolves around giving tree to people who play triskadekaphobia

>IS THERE A SINGLE EXAMPLE OF WOTC WHITEWASHING A CARD THAT WAS FIRST PRINTED AS A WHITE PERSON?
Tezzeret's back to being white, if that's what you're looking for.

You mean that was first printed as non-white?
Southern Paladin

should have thrown in one extra for the celebration

>Here's iconic masters!
>No they aren't iconic cards, they're the iconic creatures that relatively few people know about and even less care about
>What you're looking for is Masters 25, which will have iconic cards from magic's history and at least one from every set!
>Most of the cards are draft fodder with varying levels of iconic cards showing up every 5 or so cards
Their ability to fuck up in new ways is astounding

They actually pulled two rares from DGM: Notion Thief and Ruric Thar. Let that sink in for a moment:

Masters 25, the "premium" set celebrating 25 years of the game, has
>>>>TWO RARES
from the worst set in modern history

I am going to laugh if what they did was contact the person who DID play him and got that as a character description.
Unlikely, of course, but it would be amusing.
And then it's STILL wrong because of something like Stangg being a dwarf

>58247953
>b-but, you can now kill yourself in limited, aren't you entertained user?

I'm disappointed how few Homelands rares they have in this $10-per-pack set.

>model minority
Has wotc actually used this term? Sounds racist as heck.

If you buy it at your LGS there's an extra pack.

god she's ugly

>30 cents Legends
You're looking at Chronicles

She's just black lol

B-B-BUT MUH DRAFT FORMAT

I take it you don't see many black people huh?

That's what they mostly look like.

I'd actually be really excited for a reprint and new art of Baron Sengir.

I don't know about deep africa blacks but most of the blacks i see around here don't look that ugly.

Can we just agree that they're operating under a different definition of "good" or "memorable" reprint that doesn't even remotely correlate with any customer or individual with a decent sense of "good" or "memorable"?

These fuck ups are just standard operating procedure and have been ever since I started playing, which is around a decade. Wizards fucking up is about as relaible as a baby shitting itself. We have to fucking move on from the fuck ups and just discuss if you have the balls to not patronize this garbage.

That's the thing, no matter how much you people bitch I get the impression you're still going to draft it once or crack a pack. And too few of you profess to not buy the shit or discourage other people from buying it. I know our society discourages talking about money but on some level we have to talk about it, we have to look at each other and agree that this is a SHIT use of our money no matter how rich or poor we are. I compensate my store in other ways for giving me a space to play, but I'm not going to buy their fucking Magic.

So would a lot of people, because that would mean the Reserved List was repealed.
They might not care as much about the Baron himself though.

Hold up they could reprint bazaar? That would be great.

No it's reserve list lol

>get rid of stangg's badass helmet
what the fuck

I'm the guy you responded to and I have not bought any Masters product (except singles) since EMA and will not buy or draft this one either.

WE WUZ STANGG N SHIT NIGGA WE BADASS WARRIOR BRUTHA KEEP DA WYPIPO OUT

how else are we going to show off our minorities goy? :^)))))

You spelled Avacyn Restored wrong

Fuck yeah. I thought he was on the reserve this. Plus, a token. I’ll stick him in my 3power deck with like Garruk’s Packleader.

i sometimes buy a pack of a masters set just for shits but now that I think about I think the only two times I've bought them were mm15 and mm17
i couldn't care less about modern i just kind of wanted to see what I would get, i think i got niv in both of them

Of course.

Good example, they did it over a decade ago. That lets us pinpoint when wotc went from believing in equality to being anti-white racists.

BFZ was reaaally bad.

But what about or ? Worst sets ever, and everyone should know that!

>a shitty lifegain card
Renewed Faith has seen play though. I bet you think Feed the Clan is garbage too.

born and bfz are acknowledged by maro as being catastrophes
they've had some mediocre sets since but nothing that awful

I think there was... 1 playable card from BFZ? Gideon. Maybe 2 if you count Drowner of Hope in modern

Through the helmet visor.
>you can't see them in the dark lol
They can take the helmet off while holding it in view, horns and all.
They should've kept the skulls and spikes. And the gold armor because all other colors are equally inferior.

Planet of the apes expansion when?

Any set that births an entire Legacy archetype can't be the shittiest.

How you dare!

We had Amonkhet already.

The lands, Ulamog, Gideon, Drowner, and some sideboard type stuff like Dispel. Absolute dumpster fire.

Avacyn Restored was mediocre. It wasn't AWFUL in the way Dragon's Maze was.

KANGS still funny

N is for Nowhere and Never at all!

Are you motherfuckers gonna be like this every time a black person shows up in a set? We had a fucking set set on an African plane and you're gonna bitch about it having black people?

Mirage was because they wanted to make a set based in Africa, not shameless pandering.

I’m the casualest of casuals who plays only EDH and limited and even in hindsight think these are awful when I’m usually a lot more charitable. Even from a completely non competitive viewpoint these sets fucked up.

Hell, I even like mechanics like Tribute and Process, but it was just so poorly done.

If there were not a ideological push behind then, no.
But that's not the case. Isn't it?

Someone else plays Vintage using proxies (15)?
Or it's just me?

I've played Feed the Clan, Gnaw to Bone, and Rest for the Weary in their respective decks and sideboards.

I'd rather shoot myself than play such a fucking narrow card again.

same, i only play commander and limited
born was bad but I didn't care about it that much
bfz shit on literally everything about my favorite plane, not even just the titans

If you're doing a nostalgia-bait reprint, dramatically changing how something looks is kind of missing the point.

No one is bitching about Mirage, the set was great. Oh wait you were talking about Amonkhet? Egyptians were not niggers, you know.

Thing is an Egyptian world had been one of the more requested worlds. Rosewater has posted lists of worlds he gets requests for often and Egyptian World was one of the ones that's appeared multiple times, so presumably requested by the majority white playerbase. If you assume Wizards is going to keep making sets based off real world cultures isn't it just inevitable they're going to hit non-European ones as long as they keep doing these 'theme park' planes? Sure, they praise and hold it up in a virtue signaling type of way but it was really just inevitable when you think about it.

Even if I wanted there's no people to play with. Lmao.

Most of us don't give a shit whether it is it isn't an "ideological push", it's their universe and their product and you can vote with your wallet if you don't like the direction. But it is incredibly annoying to see your shitty /pol/ jokes and snowflake complaining every single thread, without fail.

Sage

I tried vintage with full proxies at the behest of a friend and had the least amount of fun imaginable.

>implying we'll have problems with dominra if they do it right

We all know what to look for, don't be a faggot

That's not the point, read

some egyptians are black, there was/is a fair amount of variance in skin tone

The only "ideological push" thing that I think is shit is turning gideon brown and erasing what little character nissa had.
Fuck nissa, though

>he doesn't know you can't sage on Veeky Forums

you said there would be cards
where are the cards wotcman?

Get used to it. I'm not sure if you realize that this doesn't have a turn back. Progs chose to politicize everything, and suddenly everything is politicized. Who would have guessed?

Probably because you are not used to the format. I started playing in 4th edition so I quite enjoy playing in the format.

WOTC chose this path.

and now Veeky Forums is slowly becoming weaponized

This.

Is there a single aspects of a liberals life that isn't politicized? Can they go a full 24 hours straight without virtue signaling to all their friends how much they hate white people?