vocaroo.com/i/s1kcG8kdRykE
youtube.com/watch?v=TgOQC6CsOK4
youtube.com/watch?v=b2BbaLbsQbA&t=2s
youtu.be/AAAaO6Tzgs8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People who post 3D anime girls should all be burnt to death

I get self conscious....

Shitical role fan detected.

Its okay user! Just try you're hardest! I'm sure nobody is laughing at you.

You're laughing...!

Awww come on user pffffff I, I am certain no one will laugh hehehe at you if you do a voice!

Oh, that's a great character voice, user. Were you roleplaying as a cocksucker or am I getting confused with your self-insert?

>girls

youtu.be/xcO_U9Jceps?t=1

I can't do them

>try my loli voice out on my new group
>they spend like 15 minutes confirming I have not in fact kidnapped a little girl and forced her to say things

GMing is tough sometimes

How do I do a good sounding girl voice?

punch yourself in the dick and drink a lot of orange juice

My GM asked me to stop.

Seriously it's worse than lolifags and furfags

>a grown man speaking like a five year old girl.
>Calling other people cocksuckers.

Lmfao.

Speaking for your character is just acting. Proper roleplayers describe their character's actions in the third person.

>orange juice
???

Don't hate on best girl, go shit on that slut luna

>He has fun
Do people honestly do this? Do people play role-playing games for """(((fun)))"""?

user, not everyone plays 5 year old girls like you do, is that why you don't want to do a voice?

I don't care which girl is best now go shitpost on the shitposting board

I like playing characters that would realistically have deep voices.

My voice is not deep at all.

>he does a character voice
>while playing a gnome
>it's the "gnome voice"
You all know the one. It's the same shrill shit every damn time, regardless of who does it.

The one with the irish accent?

Get a new GM.

>He doesn't even know the virtual Youtuber containment board

I do voices for when my characters are speaking but use my regular voice for describing actions and such. I know if I tried to use my kobold voice all the time my GM would probably try to stab me.

FPBP

>tfw you're not even that bad, but you need to modulate your voice down an octave in audacity.

My group has a tradition. Every session, someone goes a recap for the group to refresh us on what happened last time, while getting a small reward, generally in the form of a reroll token or a small amount of EXP.

The one stipulation for it is that you have to do it in a funny voice. We don't care what the voice is, or how well you do it, all that matters is you make us laugh. It's great fun, and all but one player takes part in it.

give us a vocaroo, my queer fellow

Do it now, fag. Please.

Dont know about him but my new gnome default is the leprechaun from those stupid ass "horror" movies.

Coincidentally my players have started to kill any and all gnome npcs they find.

Yeah, but save for a few it boils down to only like, a few voices. Brooklyn, Deep Brooklyn, Light British, DoW Guardsman, dumb peasant, Aussie, Ork, and angry man.

I can also do David Kaye, but why the fuck would I need David Kaye for 40k?

vocaroo.com/i/s1kcG8kdRykE

Doing voices is just so cringey, even if the person isn't awful at it, its just such a weird fuckin thing to do.

>not having fun
so what you just use the same voice for every character

My group doesn't go overboard with it usually, just enough to make it clear when we're in or out of character.

I used to do a rick-voice for one of my PCs. I failed to make the connection that it was rick's voice until months into the campaign. When I made him, I was disillusioned with roleplaying (my wizard just died due to party-splitting), so he was a literal hobo fighter, roleplayed as a kind of practical-minded wacky/crazy homeless person aimlessly wandering around with a giant sword, rags over his armor, and loyalty to his friends. My group loved it, and to this day he's still considered one of the best characters I've played.

upvoted

My group banned me from doing so for years...
But I only do them for male characters to be honest.

I can do an infinate amount of male voices. But my voice is so damned deep that I can only really do a couple of female ones and Generic Old Lady #034

They are hard. Try actually running a game.

It's required for me to get in character. I can't believe it if I don't.

It doesn't even have to make sense, it just needs to be slightly different than my normal speaking voice.

Oh no, my dude, I DO character voices.
They are all variations on Toad's voice.
youtube.com/watch?v=TgOQC6CsOK4

> being trapped in Toad Hell of ear-tearing screams
truly a fate worse than GBJ

Nice
youtube.com/watch?v=b2BbaLbsQbA&t=2s

>not having such a convincing female voice it induces erections

What are you, casual?

No, I'm a guy.

No, I am Brian Blessed.

Is the person who doesn't participate, "that" guy or is he just really self conscious to not do all his character lines in a funny voice.

Yes, and?

>can do a variety of intonation and accent in english
>can't do the same in my original language, the one I use to pay ttrpg with people
It's not fair. Though the worst is having female npc's I hate doing a "female voice" so I just use reported speech

Text games for life. Never have to worry about it

Fuck, this happens to me too and I hate it.

Seconding

Fuck buddy same
I have a few voices in spanish but they're nowhere near as good as my english ones
Spanish just doesn't have interesting and diverse enough accents and ways of saying things like English has, so I end up making slight variations of Neutral spanish with the occassional Spain because everything else sounds extremely goofy

I try to, but it all sounds like gruff working class miner or bored aristocrat.

>Not filling your campaign full of working class miners and bored aristocrats.

Do the loli voice for us user. We need it.

Half my GM's NPCs get a slightly off-pitch bane voice, one quarter get a nasally morty-voice, and the other quarter sound like orcs that swallow asphault for a living. Almost all women NPCs sound like either valley-girls or hood-rats.

One of my older GMs ended up giving a teenage whore the same voice and speech-style as the emperor
>inb4 they're the same character

But at the end of the day it's not a big deal. Have some imagination, and as long as you're portraying a quality character it doesn't matter.

Out of all the voices I can do, the one my players love the most is the noble lady. They always seem to seek those characters out and try to coax out an "Ohohoho~" because I've really honed my skills in mastering that particular laugh.

Ah, I see you're a GM of culture as well

Yes

Cunt, if you want me to be a voice actor you can pay me to be one. You want me to GM, I'm going to do that. Suck my dick.

Worth doing voices when your questgiver has Brisby-itis

i'm a new dm with a table of new players. they barely rp at all, and i know its my fault.

i just get too nervous, and the table is made of mostly family (around my age) and my best friend. still can't commit to the characters.

i'm thinking a few beers before the session might help, but i'm also afraid i'll get drunk-mad and start murdering characters.

In the current game I'm playing, all the players try to do a voice for their character. Mostly because we all have a bad habit of doing stupid shit and having it being taken as in-game actions. Now if you say it in the voice, it's what you're doing. Which is good.

Except I tend to slip into my character's voice very easily after doing it for so long and have a bad habit of saying the first thing that comes to mind. I've had my share of comeuppance but it has lead to some interesting bits of storytelling.

I generally like to for important NPCs, despite me having a somewhat limited accent range. I try to diversify them a bit but they have a tendency to drift towards the handful I'm competent at over time

>Running a Mario campaign
>Want to do character voices, but get self conscious and/or someone else is in the room
>There's a point where a character is going to sing a sad song
>Want to actually sing it out just a little
>Don't want to half-ass it, but too embarrassed to go all the way with it
Fucking hell.

>he uses voices and livechat like it's still 5th grade
>he doesn't do it all by text written

put on thick head sets so you cant hear yourself, and sing yourself proud user

It gets easier user, at first I was super awkward and shy while doing a voice for my character but after playing with the same guys for like a few weeks it just clicked and now its second nature.

Intoxication always helps, I usually swing one or two beers before DMing.

They're just trying to get to you. Don't pay attention to them. Do your best! I know you can do it!

Fun isn't a Jewish invention, user. Or it could be, but it's an objectively beneficial one

I want to give it a try. I like using music in my game for immersion's sake, and I really want to use a song a character will sing to get my players to awww over them and help them out.
youtu.be/AAAaO6Tzgs8
Link related.

>Brooklyn
>Deep Brooklyn

Is this some kinda Common-Undercommon type thing? Do Drow and Deurgar speak Deep Brooklyn?

Also, what's the difference? Brooklyn is an intense accent as it sits already.

That has got to be the stupidest analogy I've ever seen.

Why? It makes perfect fucking sense. People deserve to get called out for shitposting

Do you get self-conscious when doing the voices alone? Like feeling embarrassed by how 'bad' you think you are even though nobody else can hear?

If so, fix that first. If you can't sing to yourself or perform voices to yourself without feeling awkward (or at least being able to shrug it off) then you won't be able to do it in front of people.

Good for practice, regardless.

Haha no that's not what I meant.
I meant I can do a much lower Brooklyn accent with a timbre.

>People who post anime girls should all be burnt to death
FIFY

Funny story, as a teenager I would play video games with my very little brothers. They’d watch me play jrpgs and ask what was happening over and over (they couldn’t read well yet), and I eventually just ended up reading entire games to them in silly voices. Now they’re adults and live far away, but I can still pull out some of my favorite voices for silly NPCs when it’s my turn to DM now that I have friends.

this

Alone, I feel fine doing it. In front of the guys who, I >assume< are looking for a top-of-the-line RPG experience for a fucking Mario game,
of all things, I get self-concious.

Also, doing an impression of Iggy that sounds accurate is challenging. And embarrassing.

I thought we were playing tabletop games not trying to get a job as a voice actor?

If you're having trouble with a voice, change the idea for it. If you can't do 'lolrandumb brain damage' Iggy or 'the joker as a turtle' Iggy, then maybe try doing an Igor voice? The classic horror movie sidekick, not necessarily one of the other guys with the name. Or take it in some other direction that feels natural.
The point is, make the character yours.You know how you sound, try out different stuff alone until it sounds right if you really wanna try and impress. The fact that you're even trying and stressing this much over makes me think you're a pretty cool dude.

If you're the DM and you aren't doing silly voices for every different NPC you probably aren't qualified to be the DM.

If you're a PC then you can get away with just a slight accent, but you still need to work on stepping up to the big leagues.

In a real world style campaign. My characters is German and so I speak German sometimes. I've spent time looking up German phrases so they're right. Its actually improved my understanding of the language

voices are all ok as long as they are below a certain pitch and volume.

Squeaky loud voices make me want to kill people

Well? Voice the loli, you goddamn lovable fatass. You have nothing to lose, cept your honor and self respect. An user will dedicate a fap or two to you and you will be fondly remembered as the sheep in wolf's clothing.

I was depressing, now I am joyfull.
Just Imagine 4 persons having to stay in Toad Magical Realm xDDD

Usually I just act out a character's personality instead of doing voices

I do different voices to an extent, but I have completely given up at using a female voice.

I'm functionally mute, you asshole.

Can't you, I don't know, do hand signs in accents?