Twin Token Edition

Twin Token Edition

The last god-forsaken thread> →

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
How many Stangg decks do you have?
(-OR -What's the most off-beat commander you run?)

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgcommander.net
tappedout.net
edhrec.com/
manabasecrafter.com/
gatherer.wizards.com/
magiccards.info
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wort-the-scientist/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Twin Token Edition

The last god-forsaken thread> → →

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
How many Stangg decks do you have?
(-OR -What's the most off-beat commander you run?)

I see what you did and I like it.

most off beat i got is mina and denn
soon to be ink treader since my playgroup is allowing it

This guy. He sucks, but having Assault Suit + Fumiko be a wincon is too fun to pass up.

>tfw i can donate my annointed procession in zedruu to kill a rg player commander
I hope somebody tries to meme out a stangg deck in my playgroup.

WE

hall of mirrors + blade of selves

you know they run hall of mirrors right?

WUZ

STANGGS

You know jeskai has instant speed artifact removal right?

still doesn't mean it won't be played or recurred when you dont have it

Zedruu decks play cards like brand and homeward path. Besides Ill get it back when I want to make tokens with my elspeth.

Fpbp

Play my Iroas deck most of the time.
My playgroup has some pretty varied strategies

>RW Angels
>Enchantments out the ass
>Damage doublers
>Hate cards

deck hits hard but is damn useless if I lose momentum

Need to add Armageddon and similar effects my dude.

i bet that reprint will sure help with armageddon price

It's like 2bux man, it's pretty cheap. I think it's a better inclusion than some of the other mythics at least. Even Impending Disaster might be good, just to prevent the others to get a footing while you ram your foot up their ass with creatures.
Hell, include Ravages of War while you're at it proxy them if you want too, no reason not to.

>stangg reprint with new art and a new token
Even now, there is hope left in man.

>thread question
I run Kozilek Great Distortion as my main deck. Colorless is such a blast, so many moving parts that can assemble in so many beautiful ways.

so, this is basically just rampant growth with upside? does anybody play this?

Whats the upside other than snowflake points? You can search snows with rampant growth.

I bought it last week but I've only had it in two hands against hydras. I have a handful of instants and sorceries but mostly enchantments.

I think I will run impending disaster, could work well but it'd be easy to lose in multiplayer.

Looking for additions to the deck still but hitting the money wall where each card I want is $10+ and the price of the next 6 cards would be a new deck.

My playgroup has said no proxies, either. A couple of them are in too deep to let the floodgate loose

There's an uncommon cycle of ETB tapped snow duals.

Also, Dark depths and Scrying Sheets are snow lands.

There is? And I actually didnt know or realize those were snow lands. Fair enough. Most people dont play it because most people dont play snow stuff

It can be used as a second rampant growth/farseek, but you can also use it with how you said it, with Scrying Sheets and that Snow land that deals damage.

Damn that's a shame, proxies are pretty reasonable considering shit like Ravages of War and such.
What cards are you looking for generally?

What other crazy tokens do we still need?

Sand token
Sand Warrior token
Pink Teddy Bear
etc

What cards other than Splinter Twin could I use to get a Stangg family reunion going? Anointed Procession's in the wrong color.

If I had a brainlet wojak image I'd use it in reply to you. In the meanwhile have this (You), don't spend it all in one place.

I'm just polishing the stategy. Going to ass another field wipe and possibly an aura or two.
Sometimes I'll stall till mid game and run out of cards, Mesa enchantress is my only draw engine. Trying out a couple extra largish creatures but most of my creatures are 4 cost already

Are you illiterate?

If you didn't think of Parallel Lives or Dubbling Season (which your post implied you only knew of ST and AP), there's something wrong with your brain.

Alright, hopefully you can get the cards you want soon.

Read the 8th word of the card's text box

How can I improve my Dakkon deck? I was trying to build around him to win with commander damage, but I get rushed down before he can come out safely or before I can reset the board and not die.
I've tried a mix of counterspell, hard removal, card draw/tutor and fieldwipes alongside a shell of on-theme cards that I probably wouldn't remove from the deck. But if I add too many creatures and other things (reanimation, cloning etc.) it ends up feeling like an Esper goodstuff deck which is effective but doesn't feel right, so I took those all out. But then it just feels like I'm playing a gimped Zur deck :/

In omnath, yes

give me your best budget, low cmc cards

Play it out like a control deck, board wipes, spot removal and counters; draw spells for gas, play him late game, give him haste/protect him with Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves; while having mana up for responses to your opponents. Also, alternate wincons like Mind Grind and Exsanguinate.

19 cents, and a control player's nightmare.

I want to try playing a horrifically janky combo deck with the great aurora where I exile some of my own cards with things like quarantine field, cast it, and then they come back into play to quickly assemble a combo or something, any ideas?

Interesting idea. I suggest naya as colors cause worldgorger exists and would be fucking hilarious if you got it off. There's also that one mythic angel from RtR that'd help. ETBs are also good, especially disruptive ones

I love the story that this card tells.

I play Azami ad 1v1 commander. Really strong but in multiplayer games it seems weak to me.
What's a good multyplayer commander that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to build? Currently trying with Azusa and ghalta , but iI might be wrong

K&T flicker good shit make it happen
>Big Mana
>Big ramp
>All the flickers of bant + naya
>Dead eye backup
>Worldgorger backup
>Blue card draw

30 dollar rakdos pingers tribal

I don't understand why you'd play this thing but I'm also a novice retard.

6 mana with a dual color requirement for two 3/4s that kill the other if one of them dies seems like a bad deal. I'm sure there are cards I don't know about that interact with this in some weird way, but I just don't know what you do with this card to make it worth using.

>I don't understand why you'd play this thing
You wouldn't, it's hilariously bad.

Probably Kozilek. You don't exactly see mono brown in commander every day, and the novelty hasn't worn off for me yet either so that's also nice.

It's not good; it's effectively a 6 mana vanilla 6/8 with a downside. It would have been decent 25 years ago, but there are uncommons now that are arguably much better.

It's terrible by today's standards, but you gotta remember that it was released when a four mana 5/5 with downside was one of the best creatures in the game.

This is the most expensive Arabian Nights rare primarily because the art is sweet, and old fogies have a nostalgia boner for it.

I put Stangg in my Wort deck because it makes two red/green creatures. It's not really worth the 6 mana but it's fun.

For the other thread question, my main deck was Squee for a long time. He's not amazing but he can grind out card advantage over time and he's the best chump blocker. Never paying a commander tax also feels pretty good.

Also this was regularly cast for BB thanks to Arabian Nights black cards being super dark.

It's also the most expensive card that's legal in EDH but absolutely unplayable.

it's not that terrible. It's more mediocre, and when there are so many better options people tend to forget that there are worse options as well. He'd be played in Standard for example

Staang is incredibly slow for standard right now and there are so many efficient answers to him, not to mention cheaper stuff that contests the board immensely better than him. Push. Contempt. Glorybringer. Defeat. Phoenix. Fucking Scarab God. Rhonas. Struggle. Chandra. Disintegration. The list goes on.

Masters sets aren't standard legal

No shit? It's a what if scenario.

This being spoiled made me want to build a deck with a shitty old commander at the helm that seems like a pile of trash but actually includes a game-winning combo that catches everyone off guard.

I've long wanted to build a deck with Jasmine Boreal, but alas, she's just a vanilla creature after all.

Dear diary, today OP was not a faggot.

i mean, he did forget the subject.

those kinds of decks are never fun for long in my experience. Winning because everyone is a moron with poor threat detection always feels hollow.

What story?

It doesn't matter if she is because in the end, your commander is just a diversion. Establish a board state that makes it kinda unprofitable to attack you while spouting the "olol my deck is so bad" meme and then, when no one's expecting it, finish off everyone at the same time.

Yeah, it would be close to a one-time thing. I still imagine it being funny the first time though.

There was a guy named stangg. He had a twin. They loved each other so much that when one died the other took his own life.

They are the stangg twins user, they both have the same last name of stangg.

Is that what happened during the guys DnD sessions?

>had the opportunity to make one black and one white but didn't
Wasted DESU
I thought red was all about "doesn't matter what you were born as, if you're good at killing be what you wanna be"

>one of them dies
>stifle the sac effect

>He doesn't end the game with Edrek Sahr + Assault Suit as soon as it looks like he might lose

>animar dropped down to 15 dollars

looks like im building animar soon

Post gruul wort decks plz. I want to play fireball tribal but i cant seem to consistently fire off

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wort-the-scientist/
This is my old list. Haven't run it in a while but it was fun

Potentially retarded question. Everyone knows "buy singles, not packs." But what if EVERYONE followed this advice? Where the fuck would anyone get singles if no one opened packs?

Drafting.

draft fags and big stores cracking their own stock to sell as singles

The only people who should be cracking packs in a just world are drafters and the big stores.

>Where the fuck would anyone get singles if no one opened packs?
My friend who buys a box every single set

But buying packs is bad because it's gambling right? Drafting is two layers of gambling.
Why would they crack their own packs if buying packs for value is ill advised? Is it because they get bulk deals or some shit?
See above.

oh, sorry. Thought we were talking about Juzaam

Stores get the booster boxes at wholesale price.
Also once you open 5000 boxes it effectively stops being gamling as the value evens out and it becomes all about the average value of the cards in each box.

No one plays draft to make money.

Big stores makes money of opening packs because they dictate the price on the cards, so they will always net gain. You can also net gain, if you open hundreds if not thousands of boxes at retailer price(lower than msrp) and manage to sell most of your cards.

I can attest that, I bought singles from his friend.

mostly just stores. players should not crack packs, sellers should. let the seller eat the lose for shit sets user

>Drafting is two layers of gambling.
Drafting is a game that is fun and something you can become good at, the monetary aspect is secondary to most people. It's like comparing poker to lottery tickets.

>Puts it in deck to test
>First time it comes up, kill someone with another person's BS Colossus, then sac it to gain 11 life.
>Second time, steal someone else's Oracle of Mul-Daya to block a buffed Edgar vamp and get a sneaky 2-for-1.

...turns out instant speed Slave of Bolas is pretty good. Who'd've thought? Post fun cards that nobody plays. Bonus points for budget.

>Dune coloured enchantress deck with repercussion, lightmine field etc

Am I retarded?

Also, which commanders should I use

>people try to steal my things all the time
>just flicker or bounce it
>when they start stealing the other guys big silly boys I flicker them too and get my own little defence force
Save a Timmy, kill a Johnny, easy life.

Clever girl...

>Thread Question
I'm actually in the process of brewing a Stangg deck. It's not looking very good, and I probably won't physically build it, but I love the exploration process and seeing what's there. I will say that he's a perfect use for Boldwyr Intimidator though!

>it's like poker
Man, I forgot that people play with prize packs on stores. Drafting at stores is a pain in the ass, drafting with friends is much more chill.

Sek'Kuar's Graveborn Tokens
Tatsumasa Token

>no longer need to spend a million dollars on chainer's edicts to play pauper
YUS!

>Flickers attacker to prevent me from stealing it.
>Spends a card to do so.
>Stops the attack anyways.
Welp, ok then. Thanks, I guess...

I really like the art on these.

>Playing strictly worse cards

According to EDHRec, my most uncommon commander is Jolrael at 87 decks or Reyhan+Thrasios at 36. Alternatively, despite it having many more decks total, my Voltron approach to Hope of Ghirapur seems to be pretty off-beat compared to its normal use of stax/combo.

>not always keeping an instant speed sac effect handy
He had it coming. Always keep a self destruct button handy, kids. And enough mana open to sac it to itself if you get mindslaver'd.

>He had it coming.
He sure did. It was nice.