Horrible Player Characters

What's the worst player character you've seen in a game you participated in? I'm not talking about the players themselves, but rather characters they created that were edgy, badly written, overwrought, or some other flavor of terrible.

My own when I try to be edgy.

I had a guy rewrite the raven queen into being an isolated religion on a homebrew island and her whole shtick was that once you were in her service you were only hers.

He then proceeded to trade his soul away to save a girl that looked like his childhood crush. The gm of the campaign allowed this.

Elven fuckboi, who was the slave of another PC, the young human noble. The elf couldn't even speak common properly, wasn't a caster or powerful fighter, the only purpose of his was to be a servant. He catered to needs of his master, and given that he looked akin to a thai tranny and also spoke with similar language impairment, he catered to *every* need.

in current game I'm the Gm
>Drow (she pronounces it fucking Droe) drunken master (literal lolsorandum drunkard) is the literal special snokeflake incarnate
>half giant goliath juggernaught (some stupid homebrew class) this fucking moron instead of looking in the phb just googled "D&D classes"
these two make me consider suicide.

Played in a campaign recently which was all about political intrigue. Except one player had made his character out as the standard heroic last member of his line, complete with ultra badass military training and the legendary sword porphesised to slay the evil Bad Guy. He wasn’t such a bad player, just played a completely seperate game from the rest of us, and it was annoying as fuck. He’d spam the chat with his forty page backstory, while everyone else was in the middle of discussing troop movements or attending a ball.

For reasons I don’t understand the GM completely catered to it. The game ended with Cringe Guy’s backstory being the plot, with him as the only player and everyone else confused as fuck over what we were even doing there.

I’d play in a group made from all of those guys.

This guy made a character whose only discernible personality trait was being insane. He actively sabotaged the party at every turn, but eventually stopped coming.

You sound like an even bigger faggot than either of those people put together to be honest.

>This guy made a character whose only discernible personality trait was being insane. He actively sabotaged the party at every turn, but eventually stopped coming.

Oh Jesus Christ no. Good to hear he stopped coming.

You gave me a flashback user, to a guy I was friends with 10+ years ago who did the exact same thing.
>Party doing some completely unrelated stuff
>That Guy suddenly begins attacking the other characters
>We think it's the GM giving him secret instructions or some shit, but GM is just as confused as we are
>Whole adventure basically screwed up because of this. We end the session prematurely.
>That Guy is completely oblivious, won't shut up about how he's 'studied' for acting insane, he's basically a qualified psychiatrist by now.
>"Yeah, it's amazing how much you can learn from this site called Wikipedia. Have you heard of it? Probably not, it's very obscure and for smart people only"

So which one are you, the drunken derp queen or the snowflake big guy?

Neither, as I wouldn't play with a cock smoker like you in the first place.

>(she pronounces it fucking Droe)
>(some stupid homebrew class)

They sound snowflakey but these notes give the impression that you're a whiny little bitch.

>ls dm
>lets players use a homebrew class without checking it
>blames player
Hey check this guy out

what is it with women and pronouncing it droe? It drives me crazy.

Does "actively avoids cooperating with the party" count as terrible? Because boy oh boy that shit pisses me off. That's the MO of one dude at my table, but I'll just be covering his worst example since this thread is about bad PCs, not bad players.

>Playing 3.5 over a decade ago (fuck I feel old).
>GM decides to start us off at level 6 and jump right into a huge plane-jumping, multiverse-saving adventure.
>Everyone's hyped for some big damn heroics.
>That Guy rolls up a rogue, describes him as a fat, middle-aged asshole with gout.
>"I wanna open up a bar. According to WBL and the rules from *some splat*, I have more than enough."
>Starts pestering GM on specifics, trying to hog the spotlight so he can RP selling drinks to NPCs.
>Paladin's player gets the bright idea to have us discuss our plan at That Guy's bar to introduce his PC to the rest of the group (he didn't write any other PC into his backstory).
>His PC actively ignores us to avoid getting roped in.
>Bard does a lore check, "remembers" that the barkeeper is a famous thief and conman.
>Figures since the party needs someone like that, why don't we ask him?
>"I'm retired now."
>Promises of loot and fame fail, and so does telling him that if we fail, this kingdom is getting wiped out (along with his bar).
>Spend like 30 real-life minutes trying to find a way to convince the rogue to join us on our quest.
>Eventually we just leave without him

He's done this in a variety of settings and campaigns, but the story above is the most clear-cut example of "sees campaign hook, turns 180° and sprints off in the opposite direction."

I used to play with a guy in GURPS that, in a social campaign, played a character with shitty social abilities (his tongue was cut, and his manners were poor).

This wouldn't have been so bad, and would have actually made for interesting to, if only he didn't actively use those traits to screw with other PCs' plans.

Why'd you let them do homebrew if you didn't want that?

This guy's sounds like a prick.

>Entire adventure is fucked because of this and we have to end prematurely
At this point, I always wonder why any DM wouldn't just kick the offending party for PURPOSEFULLY fucking up that hard, retcon the situation and say the character got ate by a dragon or some shit.

This was an actual person who applied to my game that we were starting level 1 mind you.

Fuuuuuuuck

I stopped reading halfway through the big paragraph, but the only thing I have trouble with in this is his perfectly crafted backstory and appearance.
The idea of being an ice fighter sounds cool enough.

>barb
>neutral

v
crippled hyena girl who was also a rapist,

"Displacer beasts I will eat you!"

Never let Spergirls into your games.

Back when I was in college my friend set up a DnD group on campus. I joined with a few other people. Two girls joined. We we all beginners so we wanted to start out simple and stick to core 3.5. One girl wanted to play a minmax half orc half dragon, no fucking joke, named "Hellraiser". DM said no and that was a deal breaker fot her so she left.

The other one who joined came in on first session with some Mary Sue character with three full pages of back story. I dont remember much of it but it involved her character being a sex slave to some master. The master died. Taken by some vampire master. She was turned vampire. She betrayed him and yada yada yad THREE FUCKING PAGES OF THIS.

What was more infuriating was she would not participate in the game play because she would sit back and write MORE PAGES to her back story. She wrote two more pages over the course of the first session and did nothing in game.

Luckily she left becuase she decided that she wanted to take her character and use it on some message board RP like Gaia or something.

upgraded

Female Palpatine. A perfect clone (sans gender) of Emperor Palaptine. They spent over $500 dollars for art for their character and their profile is more than 12k words long including Disney songs they rewritten for Star Wars.

The backstory girl reminds me of myself in the first session of my first ever D&D campaign. I met with the DM 2 hours early to create my character. Everyone else had already created their characters and had done 2 games. We get most things done but there are a couple of details like the fact that my character got credit for slaying a monster which was actually killed by something else. We don't have a detail on what the monster is. I hang back and continue writing my backstory to try to fill in some details. Almost miss my introduction to the party. I stop writing and play a bit and go back to writing when things get slow. Late in the session the DM has me do a nature check because we're examining some dead bodies that were torn apart by some creature and apparently because my character witness a battle against some monster he would have an idea about the wounds left on these dead bodies. I never figured out what the monster was in that backstory either. Turns out that the detail that I didn't fill in was the one that needed to be for that situation. Another player was wondering why my character would have an idea about the wounds and I just told him that my character fought a monster. "What monster?" "Uh... I don't know yet." That was embarrassing to admit.

EDIT: Actually, it was a survival check. That makes more sense and that character didn't have points in nature, although he probably should have had given out he was raised on a farm. I didn't know anything at the time about character creation though due to it being my first D&D game.

>mfw I play this
I just enjoy normal dude in strange plot.
I try to always make sure the party and DM are okay with it, and don't drag.
Plus, is more like strating lvl zero and then choosing my class depending on the party needs and the adventure.

Good lord, it even has the upper-arm zippers and the knee holes in the stockings. This is gorgeous.

I want this character to appear out of nowhere with a Terminator-style "Come with me if you want to live" line.

To be fair, we were in high school at the time. It’s less okay that he STILL does it, albeit to a lesser degree.

Ugh, our worst player character was played by That Girl, our worst player, who fortunately left the group after we confronted her.
I also hold her responsible for ruining my best character.
To clarify first, I've dealt with bad Rogue players. Hell, I've been one myself. Rogues as a class have the potential to be one of the best, and worst, characters in any campaign.
I've also dealt with various female players, and see no discernible difference between them and male players is a different set of tropes for starting characters.(Half-Elf Bard instead of Dual-wielding)
However, when your major character motivation is being a 16 year old sociopath who derives pleasure from killing people, and daughter of the local nobility, and our DM(who remains the best I've ever had) favors Character-driven narrative... and she dominates the narrative, then there's a problem. Especially when it ends in a near-TPK
I could probably Storytime the events if you guys want.