What are the sleeping arrangements for your party?

What are the sleeping arrangements for your party?

Everyone has their own tent, or we all get separate rooms in an inn.

Is this some kind of thinly-veiled fetish topic?

My half-elf rogue sleeps at an inn in the more lawless part of town though last session she got arrested for a crime she character committed nearly 10 years ago and she is currently sleeping in a jail cell

Our dwarf fighter sleeps in the same inn due to him knowing the owner, and the human cleric sleeps in her own room within the local temple of Pelor

It's just a question user~

Due to a night attack from goblins and a sleeping thief on sentry half of the party's tents got burned down. My made us sleeping in the same tent as the dwarves fighter which is ok because it's implied that she likes to cuddle

How large is her beard?

You're one of those people who thinks that kids sharing a bed is a sex thing, aren't you?

everyone has their own tent

except one time we were one tent short and my artisan slept in the same tent as the healer (who was a childhood friend). i had to roll a coordination check to determine whether or not i accidentaly touch the healers morning wood. i failed

No, because nobody in our party is a child. But we do have a pretty even gender split amongst the party and nobody is a "couple" so yeah... the fact that they're ADULTS is the part that would make it awkward.

>fetish
More like romance/shipping

The Rogue and Pally who are crushing on one another are sharing a tent for the occasional heart-to-heart before bed.

I mean, they're adults. They should have the self-control to not fuck in communal sleeping conditions unless it's some kind of consensual all-in thing and the maturity to not make a serious problem of sleep boners, the occasional unconscious copping, or gods forbid someone cuddles.

Everyone in my party thinks I'm unreasonable by putting 'alarm' and 'snare' on my room when I sleep in inns

That's not unreasonable at all.

JUSTICE NEVER SLEEPS

>What are the sleeping arrangements for your party?
AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS... then realizes it's weekend, snuggles back against our party wizard and promptly goes back to sleep.

Barbarian sleeps in his own tent. Rogue and Paladin share another technically but the Paladin is an undead so he never sleeps

Do you ever roleplay comfy camping Veeky Forums?

Non-sexual.

Single tent for 3/5 members, elf meditates outside generally, human coffeelock stays up all night to keep guard and do his rituals.

Where ever they end up because they are a bunch of heathens that won't use the resources I drop right in front of them.

Nothing.

I cut out all boring mechanics that I don't think belong in a game.

I never use sleep, eating, or movement mechanics, or anything you wouldn't see someone do in a good movie or novel.

If someone is sleeping or using the bathroom, there better be a real story scene about to happen, otherwise it's a waste of time.

So if resting is a way of getting HP back or something, the players say 'I rest' and I say Okay, next day you are back on t he trail. Or whatever.

I usually don't even do that, I usually don't have resting as a mechanic at all.

Same with weight. You can carry as much as would be reasonable, I don't need to number crunch it.

And ammo. Unless playing a horror game, or you're in a dungeon where resources are a part of the drama, your ammo is basically unlimited, because I don't want to break up the game with
"I buy ammo" every 30 mins, again, just every day stuff.

Leave out the boring and only play the good. Like a movie or novel.

The only exception is if you're playing a game where that stuff will add to the fun of the game, like a survival based game for example you can care a lot more about things like resources, how much ammo you have left, if you run out it could mean death, etc.

I miss when our rich-ass group would get like two rooms at an inn to [unnecessarily] save some shmeckels

It must have been fairly in nature

My street urchin half-elf warlock sleeps in the cleanest barrel he can find on the street.

Our party does that kind of stuff, only time the rooms are separate is if they aren't big enough to fit all of us.

On their ship everyone has a bunkmate. Planet side, I was the only one with enough sense to get a tent, so everyone else is sleeping on the ground while I'm up in a tree.

The party gets two rooms or larger tents and splits them by gender, unless they're in their home town. Pretty much for the entire campaign.

My experience doesn't match with yours. The pace of events is good and required, yes, but I find that staying "on point" for too long becomes exhausting. Slow moments add a touch of grounding to the plot, and develop details on the characters and their habits.

I'd say it's still worth asking your players "so, what's your sleeping arrangements like?" so everyone's on the same page when a relevant scene comes up. It's like getting an idea of their party default marching order - it might not come up, but when it does, being able to go "look, you folks established that this is the order you generally go a-marching in, so this is the order you're in when the ambush is sprung" can nip a lot of arguments about who is where in the bud. W

They don't need to roleplay out the act of resting for everyone to know how they're spending eight or so hours. Some may treat it as an invitation to start roleplaying, and that's generally not such a bad thing.

>Human Paladin
Usually keeps watch, if he sleeps at all, we never see it. Likes to pace around the room with his pipe.
>Dragonborn Barbarian
Usually takes the bed if we're all in one room. She snores, and drools, and frequently rolls over, and smells like burnt cinnamon in the morning.
>Human Rogue
Always sleeps alongside the Barbarian, not because he likes it, but because he keeps losing the coin toss between him and the wizard.
>Human Wizard
Can sleep pretty much anywhere, usually ends up slumped in a chair with his hat pulled over his face. Enchanted the previously mentioned coin to always land how he wants it to land as to never end up with the barbarian drooling over his robes. The rogue is completely unaware, and the paladin thinks this is hilarious.

Two of the party don't sleep. The other three have their own bedrolls, but have piled into one bed at an inn before. They're kinda small so they fit, sorta.

>Fighter
Sleeps in his own tent

>Paladin
Sleeps in her own, considerably nicer, tent

>Ranger
Sleeps outside in a tree usually, sometimes with the Monk

>Monk
Almost always gets stuck with watch, tags in the Ranger if he gets too tired, sleeps outside too

>Sorceror
Claims to be beyond such trivial things such as sleep. Owns a hammock.

What?

If I was in your group I'd politely ask if you could do the same for my room.

Yes, in an old campaign our fire sorc was the party cook. We'd roleplay sitting around the fire and eating the food (usually curry or stew) that he would make.

We've sat around and told scary stories while camping out in my CoS game. S'nice.

My Warforged has a portal where its butthole would be that, when activated, lets the party travel to Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion. The GM rolled for its placement after I jokingly suggested my Warforged used to be a bouncer for a brothel. Turns out the brothel was in the Warforged. fml

If your party doesn't just fall into a big pile at the end of the day then they're not friends.

>I never use sleep, eating, or movement mechanics, or anything you wouldn't see someone do in a good movie or novel.
>Hating this much on Fate/Stay In The Kitchen and Dungeon Meshi

Most of the party have their own rooms but mine sleeps on a cot below his master's bed in case he is needed for something.

Provided he hasn't had to use it during the day Bob uses his magic to dig a fox hole at the base of a large tree, covers the top and mumbles about "Goblin night attack bullshit."

Sleep stopped being an option a long time ago. My character still misses it so if she finds anything resembling a bed during downtime she’ll plop down and do a lot of thinking with her eyes closed.

We ritual cast Leomond's Tiny Hut, and sleep in our bedrolls near each other. The elf might wake up early and start reading or taking care of things.

Twins together because that's what they always did.
Cripple with Choir Boy because that's the only one to be trusted with this caretaker thing.
Bison alone because being around anything that size turning in its sleep just ain't safe.
Herald alone because the book says so.
Kid just fucks off into the woods and shows up again. Eventually.

Our ranger and druid share a bed. The rest of us sleep in separate beds

>heart to heart
Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays?

Well, the Rogue has a bunch of adopted street urchins back home outside of Barovia that she steals to provide for. Without her there, they're in danger of starvation or arrest.

Despite her initially making fun of the Paladin for it, she concedes that such a bright, positive person is probably the only person she can turn to for comfort. So yeah, the two ladies had a heart-to-heart.

Which ended up sparking the Rogue's crush.

My Necromancer/Monk never got much of a chance to sleep at all.

My friends' Paladin was on vigil almost 24/7

The party Dragonborn Barbarian was a lazy fuck outside of combat

The party Jew half-elf merchant bladesinger slept like a normal person.

This is the most /mom/ post I've ever seen. Did anyone else's mothers always go completely out of their way to tell everyone where they were sleeping on vacations and shit?

Too much of a poorfag for vacations, sorry.

It’s not a novel, it’s an RPG. As in Role Playing Game. Just jumping from point to point sounds like a great way of losing any investment in actually playing the game.