Necromunda General

Braids & Stubbers Edition

Rule Transcriptions
Full transcription - reddit.com/r/necromunda/comments/7er2y8/necromunda_underhive_rules_transcript_en/
Tactics Card spreadsheet - mega.nz/#!ZG4mTbxS!8-jwRzThW3mOcvyoGDuKk97Ol_FOJ7FdaCx-Jnn6qTY

Rulebook Scans
Underhive/Core Book - mega.nz/#!ofRi3RKC!OZxxi54Q_PWERg7BaqGZsryf_iXrSGU8R0hL-47fPvE
Underhive Scenarios - mega.nz/#!xOZQ0ZwT!Tr4ExZbe1VhMHnyyOY1qCHlQLiK2YY1vet63D4-y_fI
Gang War 1 - mega.nz/#!tHI2XZyJ!g1ZDlhCzaTWIS5TmTUrdJsp_ELAVIScPAyXvsILtPFI
Gang War 2 - mega.nz/#!9OZlRKbC!Vh90vELCHMhDYweiLH7nr-vpG-zIZAUIsvGtTOKwN4k
Genestealer Cult Rules - mega.nz/#!VPpAnSST!XifC8Y7S1w3jDKLHVjsjrgPEdckxBT0E_PPQcvTkkbg

Gangs of Legend - necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/09/ENG_Necromunda_Gangs_Of_Legend_Download.pdf

Previous thread

First for House and Hive!

Been painting up the terminals and shrine to get back into the swing of things...

Shiny.

Has anyone used the Zone Mortalis scenarios in a Gang War campaign? As they are they've got no long term effects built into them.

Outside of Escher what other bands could be composed of women?
Cawdor? Crazy latex nun could fit?

I’m mostly asking because we have 3 people wanting to make Escher gangs mostly because their female models

It's feasible that any gang could have female members. But due to the strongly varied aesthetics of the gangs the Escher models would only really work for them. With a bit of work I suppose they could be used for Orlock female stand-ins. Cut the hair down to buzzcuts/short mohawks, arms them with the Orlock style weapons etc.

Blank weapon sprue when?

>Tfw nu-GW sculptor are too retard to make, or even think of these, literally the easiest shit to make.

I've got a bunch of these from back in the day.

Honestly those ranged weapons were so boxy that an afternoon of learning to use Sketchup could get you 3D printing them in no time.

>Sketchup
Dude, I can do a better job in Creo and Solidwork.

No thanks but i'd still prefer a house-theme weapon pack, with good detail.

Oh i'm sure you could. My point was that it would be so simple i don't get why they don't do it. Sell each set for a tenner and they would be a killing for the amount of time they put in.

I've got lots of stuff printed from Shapeways. Excellent quality.

There's an Orlock lady in GW2, at least as art.

Any gang works. Goliath are the toughest fit, but the video game has female Goliaths so it can be done.

The video game is out?
As much as I enjoyed the mordheim one. It was silly that my skaven could tank sooo much damage

So if I capture an enemy ganger is there anyway to keep their gear for myself?

No.

>Any gang works. Goliath are the toughest fit, but the video game has female Goliaths so it can be done.
The old metal sculpts had some Goliaths with suspiciously large pecs under their wifebeater shirts. I went ahead and made them female gangers.

Of all the gangs (aside from Escher) Goliaths would actually be pretty easy to claim females - the steroids and enhancement drugs given to them could easily turn a woman very masculine.

Cawdor would work too, since they all wear masks and robes.

>I sure like these Orlock models but I don’t really see what the theme of this faction is, everyone looks so middle of the road.
>is this like the human team from blood bowl?
>holy shit those Goliath’s start with a plasma pistol and are all T4? I’m fucked
>I guess I can just run away once they start gang raping my biker dudes...

One round later I suddenly understand the strength of literally everyone in my gang having rapid fire for so cheap

>got enough credits and rolled well enough on the rarity search to give my heavy stubber a suspensor after game 1

This is basically how I feel atm

Yeah the fact that Orlocks are so middle of the road is their strength. There's nothing they can't turn their hand to, they're just not necessarily the best at it.

Ferocity/savant primary plus pooping out S3 shots errywhere makes them feel unique even though they’re middle of the road. I’m having a blast with them so far.

I’m genuinely curious how special weapons are going to work out for orlocks since they clearly had meltas in their FW upgrade kit.

Anyone have scans of the two missions that were published in white dwarf?

I found transcribes, but scans would look nicer

Your gang leader can use heavy weapons, right?

Sure can

Specials too

Cool. That makes the BS2+ leader look really damn scary in the gangs of legend.

Just be warned that van saar leaders can’t start with either bulging biceps, nerves of steel or a suspensor and so are very vulnerable to being shut down by pinning even with a heavy stubber.

> house themed
Well done for missing the point, dickhead

>Well done
Well done for supporting lazy sculpting, why waste time making weapon sprue for each house when we can make 1 for everyone?

Oh wait, why waste time making any weapon sprue at all.

Am I crazy if I emphasize buying more gangers over equipment for my big bad dudes?

I just love these models and kind of want to buy more for my gang

>buying more gangers

buying more gangers with shit gear dillute your roster, while increase your gang rating too high without boosting their power. You'll end up being the higher rating gang and the other guy have higher chance of fucking you over with scenario that use random selection.

Huh okay. So is 8 boys total for an Orlock decent enough?

Should I be aiming to get my champions even better? Armored under suits, plasma pistols and suspensors for the stubbers?

>8 boys
You want at least 10 for every gang.

At about 12-13 you should stop and build up gear before getting more ganger.

>Should I be aiming to get my champions even better?

yes, suspensor should be top priority.

>at least 10, probably 12-13
Okay cool that’ll still scratch my Ganger itch

Are juves generally just not worth it?

Should Orlock gangers just be auto/shotgun caddies and be left alone? I suppose they’ll get access to special weapons with their weapon sprue but who knows when that’ll actually come out

have a guide of how to scratchbuild a shotgun from a bolter:

and an autogun too. less difficult to get a model of one of them nowadays though.

Orlock Juves are reallllly bad. the only thing they good at is stockpile on Savant skill and be a buff bitch for the team. Normally they suck at everything but aim> shoot point blank at people.

Yeah I guess that extra 20 points for all those extra stats would be worth it

Has anyone tried gang war on zone mortalis? With the RAW, is it as wonky as it seems on paper? I feel like you and your opponent have to agree to try and build the board to be at least 3x3 to 4x4 for it to be a legitimate game unless you want to fall back on that dumb designer comment of “oh not ever game is supposed to be balance because that’s truly thematic and sitting of the setting and not because we totally fucked up with the rules and balancing

But user, it sells way more models to just include extras of certain weapons in a kit and force customers to buy the kit multiple times.

And shunt certain weapons to Forge World resin, because raisins.

That had nothing to do with that, it's the problem when they write the rule a ganger can have 3 weapon and WYSIWYG but it's pretty much no way to get a model to carry weapons. Especially when they have someone in their team claim to have played the game on daily basic for the last 20 years. yes he's still too retarded to figure this out.

Forgeworld kit doesn't seem to have any of these blank weapon.

You can build a 3x3 with the tiles included in underhive, if you have the new tiles or both of you have underhive then 4x4 is easy enough to build. I've not played the white dwarf scenario with the new tiles although that looks like a good opportunity to make money in a campaign if you're feeling brave.

Guys just a quick question...

The plasma cannon and multi melta are listed in the underhive armoury in gang war 2. But no models released to date have them, they aren't in the trading post and I couldn't see them in gangs of legend.

Any idea why they are included?

For shit and giggle.

Are Orlocks still kinda shitty jacks of all trades in the new edition or do they have something more interesting going for them now?

Great converting tutorials, thanks.

Does anyone have a scan of the pre-gen Orlock gang and scenario from the booklet given at the event?

Also, 10-15 members for a gang is a good size. If you want more be sure to hoard up a good stash of weapons first.

Rapid fire out the ass and general access to savant skills. They are still the all rounder faction though, wouldn't say shitty necessarily.

It's a balancing act that you need to get a feel for. Generally speaking in the beginning following the mantra of "boys before toys" is a good idea. But you still need to splash out a little bit so that you've got some punch. Just don't go around giving out unnecessary grenades/respirators/melee weapons etc.
Case in point here's how I'm thinking of starting out my GSC.
Adept: 170
Hazard Suit, Power Maul, Autopistol, Hypnosis
2x Acolyte: 125
Power Maul, Autopistol, Nerves of Steel
Neophyte: 240
Heavy Stubber, Extra Arm
3x Neophyte: 60
Autogun
2x Neophyte: 75
Shotgun

Thinking of adding a grenade launcher into my campaign Eschers, would anons accept a model with an underslung grenade launcher compared to a whole separate weapon?

As long as it's clear the grenade launcher is the main weapon (backup ammo for it, suitably big barrel etc) I think I wouldn't mind.

Is the new edition of Necromunda supposed to be set after the timeskip? Cause I think it'd be hilarious to do a Cawdor Gang that worships Roboute Guilliman and the Ultramarines instead of the Emperor. Granted I know your typical underhiver isn't going to be caught up with current events but they should have very basic knowledge of his resurrection and the Indomitus Crusade but not necessarily what is happening during it.

So if I already had a ganger with an Autogun and then bought them the grenade launcher from the trading post, modelled it as an underslung launcher on the Autogun but modelled the spare shells on the model that would be cool?

I'd be okay with it, but "some guy on Veeky Forums said it was alright" might not necessarily be enough at your LGS, so I'd check with your regular group of players.

True, cheers user. To be fair I've got an elysian grenade launcher off of a bits site so I could convert that onto a model. I'm just trying to find a lazy way of doing it.

Having ferocity/savant primaries actually makes them pretty different compared to their old school version. Add to that their house list heavy weapons and they’ve got a large capacity for dakka and post game money making.

Surprisingly /fitlit/

Combat shotguns worth it over regular?

Depend on who you're fighting. normally you'll want shotgun early game, they have range, price, and special ammo to be scary late game.

Combat Shotgun are mid/late game weapon, when you have skill like sprint that let you close the gap quickly. They're great on ganger because template, but you don't want to give a ganger expensive gear at the start.

If you know your opponent are gonna zerg rush (like Goliath for example) then might be keep a combat shotgun ganger/champion is good

Ive got a dual auto pistols Orlock champion with munitioneer and I’m debating what third weapon I want to get him. I think it’s down to either a combat shotgun or a harpoon launcher unless the FW weapon sprue comes out before I get enough credits to upgrade him

Actually speaking of which, are harpoon launchers meme guns? They seem pretty damn dangerous even if they’re only one shot

It's not as bad as other meme guns like the Chem-Thrower or Rivet Cannon, but when you can get a Heavy Stubber for 20 creds more...

They're meant to go with the bad zone delta tiles.

They're not bad, with ap -3 they're good against people stack up on armor.(mesh + underarmor+card)

Ok /tg. Today I come to you with a problem and ask you for advice. Recently my club and I started a Necromunda turf war- we've had a blast with it except for one issue. One of our players has decided to play Genestealer Cults from White Dwarf- all cool, all good, except for the fact that he found a rule interaction between the demolition charges and the infiltration rules that allow him to deepstrike in an Acolyte with a demo charge anywhere on the board and instantly clear an entire room with a damage 3, no risk miss weapon- which more often than not results in dead gangers. He is using many of these, making games against him more or less impossible- round 1 he just demo charges you in the deployment zones, wherever they are. Using this he has only ever had 1 ganger taken out of action in 10 games, and in a single cycle is at 15 gangers, while everybody else has taken huge losses. So I ask you- what should be done? Should we refuse to play with him? It's a dick move, but it's not really in our interests to do so, and the rest of the group risks losing interest if the games last as long as "I deepstrike and destroy your whole gang, game over." I don't want the group to fall apart, but I don't want to punish the player for finding this rules interaction, even if it leads to such a dominating lead- honestly, a huge gang wouldn't be an issue without the demo charges. So, what should be done? I risk alienating a player or destroying the group.

>I risk alienating a player or destroying the group.
If one guy ruins the fun for everyone else the group is already crumbling. You are better of losing one player instead of the entire group.

That said you can just house rule something that works better. I don't know exactly what interaction you are talking about since I don't have the rules in front of me, but just going by this:
>he found a rule interaction between the demolition charges and the infiltration rules that allow him to deepstrike in an Acolyte with a demo charge anywhere on the board and instantly clear an entire room with a damage 3, no risk miss weapon- which more often than not results in dead gangers. He is using many of these
You could either limit the number of demo charges or house rule the infiltration thing.

Either way if one person dominates the entire group there clearly is something not working as intended. It would probably also be in his best interest to address the issue if he wants to keep playing with you guys.

Are you playing with the scenario or you're just playing stand off exclusively?

You say Turf War which is the 3D version, but then mention rooms which makes me think of the 2D version. If it is the 2D version then yeah that's pretty harsh and I'd recommend not allowing Acolytes access to grenades.
If not then spread your guys out, it's only a 5" blast so shouldn't be getting more than 2 people if you know it's coming.

We are using many scenarios. Full campaign system.

And yes we use the 2D version for the moment.

Then I'd say have a blanket ban on Demo/Blasting Charges. Fluff it that no-one in their right mind would use such weapons in that environment.

then how can he get the alcolyte in every game if he had the lead? Do you evne use random selection?

It's a nasty alpha strike but it's also something that can backfire badly if you spread out. The guy who can do that is also one of his champions and very, very fragile (They are the only 1 wound champions in the game). Keep your valuable guys a bit back to prevent them being demo-charge targets and then kick the ever loving shit out of his guy after he throws the charge.

Of course we use random selection. The issue is that for most games with random selection you can choose gangers to take out of the selection, which essentially boils down to him picking the five gangers or so that he wants.

Problem is some of the Zone Mortalis scenarios force you to clump up in the beginning.

You make good points. I'll try it out, but it's pretty hard to spread out gangers as you describe in the Zone Mortalis scenarios- much more so than you would expect. Especially with zoning from abberants. But I'll give it another shot.

>random selection you can choose gangers to take out of the selection
You mean remove ganger for sentry duty but the reinforcement are still random.

If you don't want sentry game then play ambush

True but since he already has two guns, the harpoon might be a viable choice just because it isn’t unwieldy

Makes sense, just the meme ability to pull people into industrial grinders would be hilarious