Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

/ourgirl/ edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LZZoGNS54B4
youtube.com/watch?v=HObQ7SH9zxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any news on the warfronts? I wanna see what Danath is up to

Just and early version of revamped Arathi
Looks better but I think it lost a bit of it's charm
youtube.com/watch?v=LZZoGNS54B4

Well this one is older so I'll ask here.
What do you think the continent to the southwest of draenor is like?
What kind of races live there, whats the geography like etc?

Plant monsters

What makes you say that?
Aren't all the sporemounds accounted for on draenor?

Most of the plant monsters are dead but you could asspull that some survived, blizzard probably will

Probably colonized by ogres.
Maybe have their own civilizations made up of races descended from draenors wild gods like the arakkoa.

Rampaging elementals I guess?
An elemental society would be a cool idea

Grond killed them all except for the botani. The southern continent was supposed to be the ogre homeland but I think Chronicles 2 retconned that

the geography of draenor is really retarded.
Frostfire Ridge is on the same Latitude as either Gorgrond which is half-tropical jungle, half-barren desert, or Nagrand which is savannah

This shit makes no sense at all

Maybe their corpses spawned new life, kinda like Y'Shaaraj and the Sha

Elements did it.

You're acting like geography makes sense on azeroth.
This is the planet that has khaz modan on the same latitude as the barrens.

So comfy

>people referring to character concepts as 'anime'

Do people not realise that Warcraft practically is anime at this point?

>gigantic shounen protagonists
>monologues
>giant death ships
>half the character races are "I must use the power of X to survive, but it is my greatest curse!"

>mountains should be hot if they're near the south

How does that not apply to frostfire ridge too?

The horde cannot into comfy

1. I'm not the guy who said FFR should be hot
2. FFR is a lot shorter than Khaz Modan

Consider this

Trolls descend from constellars

Those are just depictions of Azerothian races, you have a Tauren right next to it IIRC.

Are they revamping the entire map?

That new Stromgarde sucks. They've demolished the church? I hate how religion is so blatantly ignored in Warcraft. Despite being big part of the fluff.

Stromgarde in Wc2

In Wc3

In Wow

In BfA

the only religion allowed in the nuAlliance is the worship of Varian

It's one of the things I loathe in WoW. My RP guild was big on RPing religion. Sermons, pre-battle prayers etc.. But the fluff now acts like religion doesnt exist and Light is just magic like any other.

RPing in Elder Scrolls Online now. That's a setting with cool religion

It's veeery unfinished
There's giant open spaces inside the keep and some duplicate buildings, you still might get your church

youtube.com/watch?v=HObQ7SH9zxU
Say what you want, but Gorgrond was a pretty comfy zone.

Even Spires of Arak was somewhat comfy, it just got boring because you had no content to do except raiding. (Though I stayed to RP)

I hate to be a grognard but I unironically prefer the older version. I've never been able to get into the newer visuals that popped up after WotLK (and a bit during it, too, but not as much); everything looks too clean and crisp.

Southwest is canon ogre continent
DESU loved the Roman themed orges

Might be Ogre colony, no longer Ogre homelands with Chronicle. Who knows what kind of place could that be, given we're unlikely to revisit uncharted parts of Draenor, not mentioning Farahlon.

It could even be retconned out of existence for all we know.

Reminder that human forsaken should not have joined horde.

HOLY SHIT LOOK AT WOWHEAD NEW ALLIED RACE CONFIRMED

What is the best part of new Draenor lore to you, Anons?

>But the fluff now acts like religion doesnt exist
The fluff has always had an odd perspective on religion, since the whole thing was mixed between being treated as your usual monotheism by many characters yet actually being based upon divine humanism when you looked deeper into it.

Even then, I think people who think Light and Shadow/Void are just magic like any other are being stupid. The thing about them being fundamental forces of creation that are omnipresent throughout everything would suggest that which power you're aligned with should say a lot about your personal philosophy and perspective on the universe.

A Priest or Paladin of the Holy Light doesn't wield these forces like a Mage wields Arcane. They wield it because they're heavily attuned to at least some of the ideals the Light is associated with. A Shadow Priest isn't a Mage either. The philosophical perspective of a Shadow Priest is Void-aligned, whether or not they actually want anything to do with the Void Lords.

If you're the sort of person who sees the primordial forces of creation as just another kind of magic, your perspective on reality would still probably have an impact on which you actually wielded. Whether you're idealistic or pragmatic, whether you stand for a higher calling or simply for what is yours.

>Worgen form is objectively superior to cat form
>Worgen Druids still turn into cats

Malfurion's - and by extension, Cenarius's - druidic teachings are VERY specific, and he doesn't deviate from them. It's part of why druidism is one of the most esoteric schools of magic in the world.

About the only real deviation that comes up in druidic practices are how the Darkspear (and now Zandalari) trolls are just ever-so-slightly more "primal" in their connections and presentation of their magic with nature. Then again, they didn't get to the Emerald Dream the same way as everyone else.

Why would Worgen not just stay in Worgen form though?

Arakkoa.

>tfw Chronicles 2 confirmed that the Apexis didn't ascend into godhood and build spaceships to travel the galaxy in before eventually joining the Army of the Light

That's a cute elf

WE

WUZ

>joining the Army of the Light
>a race worshipping both the Light and the Void

>elf
That's a human, you can tell by the thicccness

>the Apexis
>worshipping the void
fuck off Iskar

STARS AN SHIET

CONSTELLATIONS

>forsaken rigging

You destroyed the entire Arakkoa civilization you retarded scarlet crusade wannabes, go blow yourself up like xe'ra.

It's a Worgen in Human form.
>tfw female Worgen are furfag paradise instead of a badass wolf monster.

'N

Furries ruin everything

>have like 4 RP character concepts for WoW I cant play because they belong to furry races and I dont want people sidling up to me asking to yiff

Be honest, who REALLY cares about Nials? Does she even have any identifiable personality traits? A single memorable line, even?

For whatever reason, people latch onto the Stromics as 'muh pure white superior ancestors.' They've attached unnecessary importance to and have an unhealthy obsession with a society that was defunct even before the First War and is certainly extinct by BfA.

>'muh pure white superior ancestors.'
This vaguely amuses me, because the promotional image for the Protectors of Stromgarde RP guild has always been an olive babe.

>Hordies of color making shit up again

If anyone cares about Stromgarde it's because they're the warrior kingdom.

You're not helping your case there mate

I'm not making up anything, m8.

Though I should have been more specific because it was user's statment that amused me, not whether or not it was true.

You can call out whites doing imaginary things but nobody else?
Why is that?

I think you've helped my case more than enough.

What are you even talking about at this point? Do you even know, or do you just feel like digging a deeper hole in a Warcraft thread of all things?

I don't even think furries like femWorgen but I could be wrong. They just look so fucking terrible in-game, I can't see how someone would willingly pick one. That fucking model update needs to be out yesterday.

>What are you even talking about at this point?

I'm just pointing out how you're actually being racist but getting offended by racism at the same time.

You totally made up that people who like Stromgarde are white people obsessed with purity and didn't see anything wrong with, and all I had to do was mention "of color" in a non positive light to make you mad.

What's wrong with you?

it's the giant blocks that they keep using that makes everything look unrealistic as fuck

I'm not even the same guy who said the first thing, it's just hilarious to see you melt down over it.

>A reply is a m-melt down

Just because you've been uncovered doesn't mean you have to keep making shit up.

I think another thing is the shift to a more pastel color pallet. Warcraft 3 and early WoW were always supersaturated with color with the exception of a few environments where it was done purposefully. It's still mostly true but the way they've colored things has changed and scenery just doesn't pop as much.

I wish I could properly articulate it. They lost something in the switch to higher fidelity.

>and all I had to do was mention "of color" in a non positive light to make you mad.
Not that guy, but you have to do a staggering amount of projecting to parse "You're not helping your case there mate" as "being mad".

Most of their fans liked their beta model rather than the new one. It's also the one most fan artists use.

Not really, it was a reply of no substance, when you get those you know the other poster has nothing to say but still feels the need to post anyway. That's a strong indicator of being mad.

... I'm pretty sure you've got that the wrong way around. Surely low-effort posting is a sign of NOT being very invested.

So, what are the chances that Zanza will appear anywhere in the Zandalar questing experience?

No, because people who don't care just don't post since posting is an effort. Replies of no substance are from people who feel compelled to post in reply but have nothing to say.

For fuck's sake, user. This is Internet 101 stuff.

See this shows that you're mad, you're posting an outdated meme image, that is actually going against your own point by the by. Why?
Because you feel the need to reply.

It's really more like poking roadkill with a stick. It's a big, varied emotional spectrum, after all.

Plus, any excuse to post smut will do.

Given the option I'd probably choose the beta look too, but they're both still pretty bad.

The only Worgen models I've ever liked were the Vanilla ones. All the new ones just seemed goofy to me in comparison.

I thought they did a good job with Greymane's new in-game model. It's appropriately bestial without having the kind of cartoon snarl the current models have.

WoW is definitely ending soon to reassign the developers to HotS and Overwatch.

There's just no threat left in the universe. Blizzard eliminated every threat other than Old Gods, and they're getting dealt with in the next expansion. Perhaps Blizzard will pull the ultimate Jew and stretch it over two expansions. But after that, that's that.

You know you have autism when you say things like "outdated meme image"

You know I've always wanted to start a RP guild of a bunch of Stromgarde soldiers who did a bunch of fucked up war crimes in Taurajo like snapping orc necks and torturing tauren for fun. I'm gonna start writing up a history for this kind of Stormgarde war crime allliance guild who goes to Arathi and goes death squad on all those forsaken, ogres and orcs in the area. The thing is I'm thinking of ways we could torture forsaken. I'm thinking keeping their heads alive in a jar and making them watch other forsaken die only for a spriest to go into the shadow lands and force their soul back on other forsaken corpses and repeating it forever for the shit they did in Arathi and Southshore. By the end I want them them to be mind broken mumbling zombies that we will catapult into forsaken armies when they reach Stromgardes walls.

I hope they give us the red color back in honor of stromgarde

WoW 2 soon

You think you're gonna make people mad with that, but you just made me laugh.

Had no idea there was a female model for old worgen.

I'm serious I can talk about in game with other people blizz allows scarlet like RP that makes the nazis look like good guys. I post on the WoW forums and I can never express my true opinions because that place is full of SJW's along with MMO-C.

I used to RP a half-ogre human on some EU server (Earthern Dawn maybe?). How much of a faggot am I?

Will Worgen curse spread through sexual intercourse?

I assumed that if it is spread through body liquids then it is also will work this way.

Yeah, but there's something about the proportions of their Worgen model that I don't like. I think the problem with the design direction was that they started concepting more noble-looking Worgen, which got a negative reaction because the only people who liked Worgen at that time liked them for just how bestial and savage looking they were.

And that's the origin of the cartoon snarl.
There wasn't. That was fanmade.

Just an excuse to chug growth potions and act like you can sullen anyone who makes fun of you into oblivion because stronk.

come home to Scrolls of Lore, alliance man.

Don’t get why he’s eternally shirtless. We’ve seen him worg out with his jacket on, but next he just likes going feral.