40k Legion XI: Mom Edition

Lets have a bit of story set up, then we'll roll for stuff such as home world and doctrine.

-

Clauden VI was in the midst of a bloodbath. Almost every city devoured by the flames of war, every field drowned in men, and terrified refugees crowded in the last habitable vestige the defenders of Clauden VI could surround. Communication was cut off, and any ships above had either fled or been destroyed, raining fiery wreckage down below.

Brother Fausten was exhausted, even his superhuman nature had its limits, and twelve weeks of nonstop fighting in mud that more resembled an ocean of blood at this point was pushing the Ultramarine past the brink.

Every muscle in his body felt read to fall apart from the bone as he heaved himself forward across no man’s land, trying his best to not accidentally crush the fallen bodies of his brothers that were slowly being consumed by the muck below. Before him were his scattered brothers, falling under the vicious onslaught of the red armored World Eaters that moved more as a wave than an army, and in the midst of the gore stood the Devourer of Worlds himself, Angron, who tore another marine limb from limb as if he were paper.

Fausten clutched his boltor, as caked over in filth as the rest of him, and felt the stirring of anger in his heart as he watched the Daemon Prince rip and tear through his brothers. He could hear the distant booms of missiles hitting the ground, perhaps the last desperate salvos of the Imperial Guardsmen that defended the crumbling bunkers. Angron’s bloodied weapons made no difference between blue or red, all fell beneath him as he moved onwards. Fausten saw one of his brothers slip in the mud and then disappear beneath Angron’s form, the loud sound of ceramite and bonecracking somehow audible to him over the din of war.

This would not stand, Fausten’s heart yelled.

He would not allow this any longer!

Even though his every cell screeched in overexerted pain, Fausten charged forward with his mind clouded with thoughts of revenge for the fallen. As he got closer, Angron’s head turned to stare down at him with mad black eyes, his monstrous jaws opening to reveal rows of teeth covered in gristle. Fausten suddenly found himself flung to the side as a World Eater tackled him, banging his pulped fists against Fausten’s cracking armor. He prepared himself for the end, closing his eyes when a howl of pain filled his ears and the weight of the other marine’s body slid off him.

Sitting up, Fausten turned his head around, looking for the source of his salvation. Quickly closing the gap in distance he saw… space marines. Space marines in armor he didn’t recognize bearing foreign heraldry. At the head of the charge was a gigantic figure in grand power armor that was quickly being covered in mud, holding a radiant glaive with a light that cut through the smoke. A few World Eaters bolted for the obvious target, only to get tossed away by its arm. Fausten felt something cracking into his power armor, easily beginning to crush it, and he let out a pained gasp as a shard began to dig itself into his chest, he turned his head to find the terrifying blood-red fleshed face of Angron snarling at him. Fausten tried to grab for his boltor, but his strength was failing, so all he could hold was mud.

“YOUR FIGHT IS WITH ME, BROTHER!” The titanic figure roared in a voice that shook Fausten’s very bones, smashing the polearm into Angron’s skull, forcing the Daemon Prince to drop Fausten face down in the mud, where he finally succumbed to exhaustion.

Fausten awoke in a place decidedly more comfortable than what he expected. It was soft, and warm beneath his body, but his face was entirely covered in heavy malleable blue fabric. He groped around at it, his limbs feeling more like water than flesh and blood, and started clumsily tugging. Suddenly a hand pried his grip from the fabric, which moved away from his face.

He turned his gaze with it to see a very tall woman in a blue blouse staring down at him while holding a tea tray and it slowly dawned on Fausten exactly what he had been grabbing. Certainly he was a prime warrior of the Imperium, but deep inside there always would be that well-mannered boy. “M-my deepest apologies!” He managed to wheeze.

“Apology accepted, your excuse is that you’re recovering,” the woman replied with a warm smile that soothed the shame in Fausten’s face. “Would you like some tea?” She asked.

“Y-yes thank you…. wait, who are you?” Fausten asked becoming more aware that he did not recognize where he was, as the woman gently held out a warm cup of tea. It was a large sterile white room with long wide beds covered in equally white sheets, a few were occupied by the slumbering forms of his brothers. He felt a sigh of relief leave him, knowing some of them survived.

“Who am I?” She tipped her head to the side, before she nodded. “Oh, I forgot. He did a fine job, then.” After Fausten took the cup of tea, she set the tray down on a small table near the ward bed. “My name is Dulce Freitas,” she said, “it’s very nice to meet yoouu…?”

“F-Fausten, Brother Fausten Krebs,” Fausten tried to sit up at attention, but Dulce placed a firm palm on his shoulder to keep him close to the pillow. “Who, or where, is the man who saved me?” He asked, looking around the room. Only his brothers were here, quietly recuperating.

“That was me,” she said.

Fausten blinked in disbelief, sipping his tea. “…A woman? Women cannot become part of the Astartes, Miss Freitas.”

Freitas nodded, “I have no daughters, but I am their Mother.”

Fausten turned his gaze from the tall woman to the wall, still sipping his tea as he tried to digest the information that contradicted everything he knew. “Miss Freitas, I believe I need to sleep on this for a few… months, perhaps.”

“You have plenty of time to sleep, Fausten,” Freitas said, smoothing out her blouse. Fausten caught the sight of bruise mottled flesh beneath the sleeve “I understand it’s much. If you wish to talk more when you’re well, we can. I’m not sure what I could say to make this seem less bizarre to you though.”

“I am not sure either,” Fausten muttered, staring into the dark liquid in the cup, which reflected back his confused expression. “But… thank you. Thank you for saving my life, and those of my brothers.”

“I was only doing what was right,” Freitas said with a kind smile that reached her weary eyes. “You should not require a reason to aid others.”

Dulce Freitas, Primarch of the Void Gazer Legion. Dulce was the ultimate PR agent, supposedly acting as the ‘Face’ to make subjugation easier of violent or resistant worlds. Opening soup kitchens, tending to the survivors, building new schools to teach the Imperial Truth. Malcador said Dulce inherited the tiny amount of ‘true humanity’ the Emperor had left, and was ultimately weak. Plans changed, and pieces are discarded, and let not the chaff ruin the wheat. The physically weakest of the Primarchs yet one of the most tenacious in battle, she’s returned from the Immaterium-borne exile and complete erasure enforced by the God-Emperor to help fulfill the last desperate move of Humanity against Chaos.

So, let us find out what sort of world Dulce, and therefore her non-Terran born sons, hailed from.

Evens decide homeworld, odds decide terrain.

Say it with me now tg: GIRLS ARE ICKY
Also first Isha marines now this. At least this is more expansive, but still wtf

Roll dice, man. Or else I'll write about her getting her ass kicked by Russ.

dice+1d10
here you go then

Guess it's gonna be more writefaggotry then.

I actually do enjoy this im just such a newfag im useless for this. Sorry man

You put the dice roll in the options field, I don't know why it's called an 'email field' still.

Rolled 82 (1d100)

Dulce walked slowly past the rancorous laughter of her brother’s men, eyes set on the tall palace spires in the distance as the cool air winded through her hair and filled her strained lungs. Her eyes still burned, but she tried to maintain what composure her heart still had.

“Ah, the weeping woman has revealed herself!” A loud voice boomed. “Already back in a dress, I see.”

Dulce stopped mid-step, slowly turning her head to look at the speaker. She in fact had to look up slightly, being smaller than Leman Russ. She gave the Great Wolf a frown, “I apologize, Russ. I have a memorial ceremony to attend to.”

Leman put on a mocking face of understanding, nodding, “ah yes, for your sons correct?”

Dulce clasped her hands before her as a proper lady does to contain any urge to make an unlady like fist. “Yes Russ, our losses were greater in the subjugation of the Tesseren than the Space Wolves,” she spoke while being certain to avoid mentioning the source of the losses being the Space Wolves inability to retreat in an organized fashion.

Russ’s face suddenly broke into a large grin, “well perhaps if they were not led by a frail woman, they would not have been slaughtered.”

“My sons are dead, Russ, I promised I would bring them back!” Dulce replied as her heart trembled.

“Then you should not have made a promise you are unable to keep!” Russ answered, his grin widening as Dulce’s face became increasingly red from the urge to cry. “Look at you! You’re no warrior! You would be best tending to the wounded and children!”

The woman gritted her teeth, then took a step forward so she could bring her face closer to Russ’ grinning mug. “The training grounds, Russ. Take off that armor you hide beneath-“ now it was Russ’s turn to become red in the face. “No weapons.”

“I don’t need a weapon to show you your place, dear little sister,” he snarled.

Captain Agostinho ran onto the balcony that overlooked the expansive dirt training field of the Imperial Palace, pushing his way past larger bodies, almost running right over the railing in his panic. “Freitas?!” He called out, looking around and hardly noticing the gathered Primarchs around him.

“She’s down there,” the Peacock said, pointing down onto the field. “With Leman Russ.”

Agostinho’s chest tightened as he braced himself against the balcony railing, staring down at the dirt field where the Great Wolf circled his frail Primarch. “Freitas!” He called out. “What is she doing!?” He looked at the men around him, all larger and somehow radiating auras that made him shrink away and bow as their eyes laid upon him. Roboute, the Angel, Vulkan the Blacksmith, the Great Hunter Khan… “I’m sorry, I just-“

“There’s no need to apologize,” Sanguinius spoke.

“We’re concerned as well,” Fulgrim said, staring down at the field.

Dulce stood her ground, bare feet sinking into the wet dirt as she warily watched Russ prowl around her. Their eyes were locked upon each other, both faces still tinged with anger of different sorts. Occasionally Russ would give her a wolf-like snarl, exposing his oddly sharp teeth. Dulce kept turning her head, her steps slow to keep her facing her brother.

The Great Wolf leapt, the bulk of his larger body slamming into Dulce and forcing her onto the ground. Stunned, Dulce felt something heavy hit her face, and blood sprouted from her nose. She reached behind herself to dig her fingers into the earth, yanking her body out from under the man with a fluid flip of her body.

“First blood,” Russ declared, before Dulce lunged at him and rammed her skull into his face.

“Second blood!” Dulce spat.

The Fenrisian answered with a solid kick to Dulce’s chest, staggering her as he smashed his fist back into her head. She could hear her own skull crack beneath the blow, colors filling her sight. Dulce ignored the pain to catch the throw of another punch, drawing the momentum backwards so Russ’s larger body flipped over her back. As she began to move forward, his hand gripped her ankle and yanked, pulling her down face first where further pain entered her body as Russ stomped her head into the cold ground.

After a moment, Russ removed his foot, and Dulce remained face down.

“Do you admit defeat?” Russ asked.

Dulce sprung back to her feet, vision black but able to connect her fist to Russ’s face from following his voice. There were loud gasps from above, and Dulce’s sight cleared enough to see Russ on the ground, red splattered around his head like a halo. He raised a hand to wipe the blood from his face, a useless action for what was replaced was covered twenty times over from the continuing bleed of his nose and mouth.

“I was being gentle, because you are but a woman,” Russ said with taunting irritation as he rose back to his feet, “but I can see gentleness will not work on you.” With little ceremony, Russ grabbed Dulce by her arms and swung her as if she were a doll onto the ground, with enough force that the splitting of her ribs was audible to all. He then grabbed her leg, pulling upwards as he stomped with his foot, shattering the bone. Dulce shrieked in agony, but powered by her rage filled grief, she sank her nails into Russ’s leg and hoisted herself to ram her fist into his chest, the sound of his ribs cracking muffled by his howl of anger. He pulled her off and flung her across the training grounds, where she landed in a heap.

Dulce wheezed, her clothing firmly caked to her body with dirt and blood that seemed to pour like a river. She groped around to find the source, her hand rubbing against something firm and sharp. She looked down to see a bone jutting out of her chest. Her body was trembling in pain, yet she found herself unable to lay down. The lost voices of her sons brought her back onto her good leg that she leaned heavily on, looking over at Russ who was quickly walking towards her with dark rage in his eyes.

“Stay down, Freitas!” He ordered. “We have already demonstrated you inability as a warrior, if you continue, I can’t promise our Father will be able to stitch up what I leave of you!”

“I may not be a warrior,” Dulce agreed between mouthfuls of blood, “but I am no coward!”

“Then join your sons!” Russ howled, raising his fist as Dulce braced herself for one final lunge at the Wolf.

“STOP!”

Dulce was pulled backwards, banging her cracked skull against hard purple ceramite as Sanguinius himself stood between the two fighters. Russ snarled, the heavy arms of Khan and Guilliman holding him back. Somewhat dazed again, Dulce looked back to see Fulgrim and Vulkan… as well as her men with weapons ready, pointed at Russ. Across she could see the Space Wolves, weapons also drawn and pointed at her sons.

“Russ, were you trying to kill her?” Sanguinius asked.

Russ took deep heavy breaths, and slowly Guilliman and Khan let go of him. “If that’s what took…”

“Her men died so yours could live!” Sanguinius said, “had it not been for your own bloodlust, her lost sons and many of yours would still be alive!”

Russ looked away from his winged brother, then sighed. “I do not need to be lectured. My point has been made.”

“At what cost?” Guilliman asked, “we do not need any bloodshed between siblings. We all have our duties to attend to.”

Dulce found herself being heaved upwards, “let go of me, I can walk!” She protested, refusing to show weakness before Russ.

“Right into a grave, yes,” Fulgrim agreed. “You’ve had quite a bit of damage done to you. What possessed you to fight unarmored?”

“This battle was nothing but a demonstration of anger,” Vulkan sighed as he gestured towards the assembled Void Gazers. “Anger from honor, and anger from grief. Where is Agostinho?“

“Here, sir,” Agostinho holstered his bolter to walk over to the Primarch of the Salamanders and bowed.

“The damage is severe, we may have to…”

Dulce stared upwards at the sky, her vision fading in and out as the combined voices blended together into a distant hum as consciousness left her.

Rolled 40 (1d100)

Nice story btw. Cant wait for more.

I'm going to count that 0 as even.

Dulce Freitas landed on the mostly dead Feral World of Sintra, where the inhabitants long ago devolved from the original scientist outpost into a civilization only just rediscovering the benefits of literacy outside nobility. Sintra is barren of any native life, where its atmosphere is maintained almost exclusively by tech so ancient and mysterious that nobody alive understands how it works. Mysterious toxic waste frequently bubbles up to the surface, and the population's main food source are strange mobile plants that would later be discovered by Imperial scientists to be a strange spliced hybrid of wheat and tardigrades.

Dulce was found by a simple farmer and his wife half-submerged in a pond of toxic waste that frequently bubbled up to the surface. Overjoyed to be blessed with a child, they named her Dulce because they wished her to have a sweet life. Dulce grew up in three years and took to farming like a grox to aggressiveness. She was so proficient at it, that instead of being substinence farmers, her family became prosperous, and with the excess Dulce boiled into a gruel soup to feed the vast hordes who were not so fortunate to even be farmers.

But this was not enough for Dulce, for there were always more to help, and she felt an urge in her blood she could not explain. So after assuring that her adoptive parents were well cared for, Dulce left with a bag of seed-eggs to travel towards the only city of the planet in hopes of finding a way to increase the happiness of the broken world she lived on.

(And I'll continue this later when I return from work)

Not judging or anything, but that's really out of character for Russ. He may be a braggart, but he isn't that big of an asshole.

Does she have any special relations good or bad with her brothers?

Russ totally would early on, he was a dick at first.

So if dulce couldn't take on russ without them wearing power armor, could she take a normal marine while in her armor?

Why would she not be able to take on a space marine with or without armour? She's still a primarch/ matriarch. she's just the weakest of her brothers.

russ beat her so bad though, even maggy put up a better fight

stfu magny magic is best boy and would have beat his ass if he didn't get lucky and poke his one eye. Also Russ is one of fighter primarchs so losing to him doesn't mean much for a marine vs primarch fight. I think even builder/creator type primarchs would still beat marine ass.

Unless they are alpha legionnaires with those anti primarch bullets

I like that shes not a fighter primarch

Op should write dul and maggy fighting

Primarchs are vastly weaker without the armor

no they're not. Lion was beating the shit out of chaos spawn even before his dad found him, and Angron barely even needs weapons to fuck shit up

Angry Ron is the strongest primarch, pure strength wise.

I'm back now.

Dulce quickly learned that the warm atmosphere of the home she grew in was a rarity. Sintra was a godless land, full of roving bands of marauders, slave catchers, the starving, the desperate. Dulce, with her exceptionally soft heart, often stopped to help small villages improve their agricultural areas and expand on their skills, choosing the best seed-eggs for the area, helping haul stone and the warped degenerate wood of Sintra to create houses, or aiding in the dig for new wells of mostly drinkable water.

Her most famous act in Sintra at that point, however, was her slaying of the Childeater, a strange lithe being with skin like shadows and stark white hair that preyed upon a village's children, slaying any who tried to stop its feast. Legend claims Dulce beat it to death with a plow she had only just finished making.

By the time she had reached the City, Dulce was known for her charitable acts and the following she had gained.

This threatened the mad aging ruler of the City, although upon his first meeting with Dulce he made a show of generosity, offering her a place to stay in the decaying massive research station that passed for his palace. The flayed skins of his past wives and those who he believed to be plotting against him decorated much of the deteriorating walls, and as they spoke, hundreds were herded by the palace guards to a fate in the mad ruler's larder.

Dulce politely declined and left the research station-palace as fast as her manners would allow her.

Taking advantage of discontent within the city and of her reputation, Dulce quickly gathered an army willing to end the reign of fear they had to live with. Rather than be its obvious leader, Dulce quietly stepped aside to let the charismatic exiled son come to the forefront, while she remained in the back tending to the wounded and the fleeing citizens as war began to consume Sintra.

When the exiled son finally confronted his father, Dulce accompanied him to support her friend in what was they both expected to be little more than the sad moment of putting down a rabid dog.

Instead, the mad ruler waited for them in his chamber and declared that he would rather see all life end on Sintra than give up his rule. He then imbibed a strange liquid, and to the horror of both his flesh hissed and burned away as his musculature bulked, bones pressing outwards and horns extending from the entity's head.

The exiled son was brave, but he was only a man. Before the beast could kill him, Dulce finally moved forward to match the creature blow for blow. The fight was such that the dilapidated palace began to collapse around them, and accounts claim that bolts of light arced through the air each time the combatants clashed.

Dulce grabbed the monster's horns, and with a mighty heave, yanked the skull free.

In that moment, the body writhed and collapsed in on itself in a pool of blood that quickly dried into a black stain on the floor. Dulce dropped the skull onto it, only for it to fall through the stain as if it were a void. Despite her better thoughts, she peered down into the darkness, and heard four different dark voices, weaving and blending, as they laughed.

The remains of the palace were destroyed and set aflame.

The passing seasons were pleasant by Sintra standards. Slightly fewer people drowned in toxic waste, slightly fewer people died of starvation or cannibalism, in the City Dulce was opening the first little schools and trying to convince medicine women to come and work in buildings to use their knowledge to help more people and to collaborate with each other.

Much of the politicking was left to the once-exiled son, now crowned King of All of Sintra. Yet Dulce was always behind the throne, ready to lend a shoulder or a gentle yet firm guiding hand.

One day, as the King held court and Dulce sat with several older ladies nearby, the doors of the new smaller castle opened to reveal a gigantic golden man who radiated with such intensity, he lit up the entire throne room.

The King immediately rose to speak to the figure, but was ignored much to the shock of the others within. Who would ignore the King who had freed them from his mad father?

The golden figure stood before Dulce, and Dulce instantly knew who this man was despite never seeing him in her life. Holding her dress, she politely curtseyed to her Father as a proper lady would, and then declared her loyalty to him.

Thus Dulce left Sintra, which commemerated her with a great statue as soon as Imperial resources were supplied.

To the further benefit of the Imperium, it was found that Sintra folk made excellent soldiers, operating under the ancient art of Vale Tudo.

Lets roll for Combat Doctrine and Special Equipment. Odds decide Combat Doctrine, Evens decides Special Equipment. Reroll if you hit 21-30.

Dulce was an odd one out, her brothers had been told they were getting another brother and instead an eight foot tall woman greeted them.

Oddly enough, she was first placed to learn from Fulgrim and they managed to become surprisingly close. Dulce enjoys art and literature, although she's not much of an artist herself except when gardening. She also likes trying on new clothing and jewelry, which were commodities almost unknown on Sintra. Fulgrim called her a woman of refinement cruelly discarded in the dust. He's the one who made her original glaive, Starstriker. The closeness between them got a bit weird on Fulgrim's part at some point, so they were separated by Khan's suggestion.

She also got along well with Guilliman due to a shared focus on the improvement of life, as well as Vulkan. Vulkan appreciated Dulce's focus on helping others and her efforts to improve relations between the Conquered and the Conquerors. Vulkan fixed her armor to better accommodate her smaller body. There's no tiddy plate unfortunately. So unless she speaks or removes her helm, she's always assumed to be a man.

She eventually forgave Russ for his idiocy on her first campaign, but the wound remained in her heart. Russ in turn came to respect what she did and understand its value, although he would occasionally jokingly ask her if she wanted a rematch.

Dulce and Angron were so different from each other it was considered just common sense to make sure they never crossed each other's paths for more than an hour.

She and Magnus also got along surprisingly well, that may have been partially due to Magnus enjoying having someone who listens to him who wasn't one of his sons and that Dulce is a generally nice person.

And of course she loved Sangy. Everyone loves Sangy.

Dulce probably wasn't considered important enough for the Traitor Legions to actively court, although Fulgrim did as he did with Ferrus.

Yes.

Also she is not a huge fan of her father, especially after he basically told her to sit in time out for millennia and erased all memory and records of her, going as far as to have any excess stored geneseed of hers destroyed.

Great dad, that Emperor.

Fuck off questcuck

Don't make me start writing more.

how did she not get killed by fulgrim?

Thanks to the quick thinking and sacrifice of Agostinho and a cleverly faked vox call.

so was Pert supposed to be a fighter or a builder/creator?

Builder/creator yes.

Keep it up pls.

so would dul be a creator/builder?

also how did she go from getting her ass kicked by russ to slapping angerman in the face with a polearm? OP has to consider powerlevels more

Rolled 47, 68 = 115 (2d100)

Didnt input correctly on my phone

I should have said there are more than just fighters and builder/creators, but for simplicity Dulce seems to more be a builder/creator.

I gotta go to sleep now, but if this thread is still up tomorrow by the time I get home, I'll keep adding on.

If i get time i might draw dulce. if i do you mind if i post in here op?

Go ahead, user, I don't mind at all.

Rolled 33 (1d100)

Rolled 54 (1d100)

For the special equipment hopefully

Rolled 38 (1d100)

Fucking one more time

Rolled 40 (1d100)

Holy fuck please just give me something good

Rolled 2 (1d10)

For doctrine

The Void Gazer's Mom has got it going on-BLAM

If she didn't like Emps, why didn't Horus recruit her?

Because Fulgrim was outputting major incest vibes when he came to convince her. That’s my theory at least.

Is it incest with primarchs? Could a female primarch even have sex? Or get pregnant

Not sure. For the sake of my theory big e was a bit drunk one night and added sex organs for them, but they were still asexual so it wouldn’t matter anyway.

Raping a primarch, even if they are only female, seems like a bad ide.

Also pretty sure sang and fulgrim and the great yiff got bitches

Well Fulgrim as mister perfection wants the perfect women. Also I don’t mean he forced himself on her. Just that she was getting odd feelings of a sexual nature from him I guess. Maybe make it due to the Lear blade.

Also this is just a dumb theory. We would have to wait for op to confirm it.

Khan the Cock Blocker

he was kind of incesty too with ferrus. before he beheaded him.

I'm one of those fags whose to poor to by the books so I'm just gonna trust you user.

Why have Dulce learning under Fulgrim?

im not op i just mean that ill trust what that user said for proof that my theory is correct. Until op tells me im wrong. Sorry for confusion my man.

I think she could take Lorgar. But that's not saying much.

I think Horuss desperation for allies would mean hed at least try to get her sons to follow him.

Void Gazers is a odd name, it doesn't fit their purpose at all

Yeah I agree about lorgar. Even then I'm wondering if she will have trouble due to size differences.

Op hasn't said her relation with Horus so they may just hate each other and that's why she didn't join him.

I agree about the name.

With power armor she could. She'd get steamrolled like she did with russ without it

horus couldn't even comvince all his sons to follow him, why would an entire legion betray its primarch for him?

you think shed get along with sanguinius or ferrus?

Op said she did get along with Sanguinius. No idea about Ferrus seeing as how she was friends with Fulgrim.

Honestly i dislike female primarchs because theyre always super strong better than all the others sjw bullshit but i like how OP is doing it so far

Agree man hope op continues with matriarch story. Maybe see an interaction with her and emps

This is an alternate universe I take it? The FW HH books allude to the lost primarchs and their legions being purged decades before the heresy for various reasons.

I think the fact its a female makes it clear this is an alternate universe

Which is okay by me as long ad its decent ly written

He'd probably just tell her off like he does with all his sons

How's this list for a 1250pt Guard game? The aim is to rock up close and freak out my opponent and bury him in fire hell.

HQ:

>Commissar Yarrick: 130pts

Mechanised:

Chimera w/x2 Heavy Flamers: 109pts
>Veterans w/x3flamers x1heavyflamer x6Shotguns x1Power Maul, x1Bolt pistol: 103pts
>Priest: 35pts

>Veterans w/x3flamers x1heavyflamer x6Shotguns x1Power Maul, x1Bolt pistol: 103pts

Heavy Support:

>Leman Russ Annihalator w/Hull Lascannon: 192pts

>Leman Russ Annihalator w/Hull Lascannon: 192pts

Concerning said writing, I think the quality is mixed, leaning towards bad. The first writeup has lackluster prose and disregards established canon (the fact that Astartes don’t sleep, for example), among other issues. The fight with Russ has similar failures (the Imperial Palace is utterly massive, spanning a large chunk of the Eurasian continent and is more or less covered in gold). However, Dulce’s origin story is decent, in spite of the lackluster prose. Snitra’s bizarreness probably carried that one though.

Finally, Dulce falls flat as a character for me, besides feeling somewhat out of place in the setting

>Stubborn to the point of obstinacy
>Overly emotional (considering that she is a Primarch)
>Only positive trait is more or less whole sale copied from Vulkan
>For some reason, close to Fulgrim
>Also, weak and frail

Concerning said writing, I think the quality is mixed, leaning towards bad. The first writeup has lackluster prose and disregards established canon (the fact that Astartes don’t sleep) among other issues. The fight with Russ has similar failures. However, Dulce’s origin story is decent.

Finally, Dulce falls flat as a character for me, besides feeling somewhat out of place in the setting

>Stubborn to the point of obstinacy
>Overly emotional (considering that she is a Primarch)
>Only positive trait is more or less whole sale copied from Vulkan
>For some reason, close to Fulgrim
>Also, weak and frail

>forgetting that Perts angst is partially because hes so much like his bro but always overlooked

Also fulgrim was pretty bro-tier before the corruption kicked in. Unless they retconed it. Again

Nah he’s still a cool guy pre laer.

I think Fulgrim would love for the chance to improve a fellow primarch, so i can see it to be honest.

Helps that he's basically a queen even precorruption.

Also primarchs being obstinant to each other isn't new, now if it was with Horus or Daddys Angel, then I'd have a problem.
Man i wish they'd jusy settle on how and when and for how long the daemon was around.

How about we flesh out the Void Gazers? What’s their legion culture like? How do they wage war? Are there any notable marines in the legion besides the first captain? If so, who are they?

What kind of relationships does the legion have with other legions and Imperial factions? What do the Terran and Snitran parts of the legion think about each other? How did Dulce’s discovery affect the legion and how was it before she was discovered?

Question: does Dulce have any psyker ability?

>tfw ur primarch is a female

Fulgrim is either a cool dude or an arrogant patronizing nancy depending on the writer

Before Dulce’s discovery, the Void Gazers fought alongside the Luna Wolves extensively due to issues with their peculiar geneseed. This Terran contingent, recruited from the Silian Dominion of Old Earth, became infamous for its ruthlessness and violent disposition. Despite this, they proved capable shock troopers and often volunteered to participate in the harshest of war zones. Furthermore, they displayed great devotion to the Primarchs, bordering on worship.

The legion’s traits became exaggerated as the Great Crusade proceeded. The legion’s commanders, seeing their fellow legions reunite with their genefathers, longed after the day they would meet their own. This fueled an inferiority complex that drove them to fight harder so as to prove themselves to their fellow legions and the Primarchs.

Have inferiority problem

Gets the weakest primarch. Sucks to be a void gazer I guess

During this time, they were lead by first captain Agripalz Smetonias. A man distinguished as a ruthless commander and a charismatic leader alike, he created and fueled the legion’s culture. By promoting those who were loyal to him and his ideals of what the legion should be, he controlled it’s every aspect, down to the minutiae.

His personally selected Subjugator squadrons made sure individual elements of the legion followed his command. They perpetrated atrocities against conquered humans even other Astartes deemed excessive. In battle they fought with volkite and rad weaponry, alongside weapons from the Dark Age of Technology, strange and terrible.

The Void Gazers’ cruelty culminated with the Slaughter of Exerica. The human civilization on the planet of Exerica survived the Age of Strife relatively untouched, thanks to its ruler’s prosecution of Psykers and mutants. When the Imperial ambassador demanded the Exericans submit, the ruler declined and promptly had the diplomatic mission executed for its ‘arrogance’. Consequently, the eleventh legion forces which accompanied the expedition were given the task to take Exerica by force.

The Void Gazers descended in Drop Pods and Thunderhawks, ever eager to prove themselves to the Imperium and their Emperor. After months of arduous urban warfare that left the once resplendent world of Exerica a smoldering ruin, the recalcitrant leaders were assassinated by their own soldiers. The Exericans surrendered, yet the Void Gazers showed no mercy. Fighting continued until no native Exerican was left alive.

However, rather than being met with approval and respect, what happened on Exerica only alienated the Void Gazers from their fellow legions. Horus, the Primarch whom they looked up to as if he were their own father, began cutting ties with the legion that once fought side by side with his own. Smetonias pushed his legionaries harder after Exerica, believing their failure to be caused by them not being sufficiently cruel. However, this only served to further drive them further away from the greater Imperium.

You don't sound like OP

Then, Dulce was discovered. This drove Smetonias over the edge, as his glorious genesire turned out to be a woman, frail and weak. Though he suppressed his feelings, a thorough bitterness grew in him and his loyal Terran contingent as Dulce reformed the legion’s very core. The Subjugator squadrons were retained, alongside a number of peculiarities the Terrans had acquired. However, Dulce began selecting officers by merit rather than devotion and shifted legion culture towards her own ideals. Attrition lead to the Terrans slowly being replaced with Snitrans, who held their Primarch in higher regard than the former legion master. This was accentuated by Dulce using Terrans as the legion’s vanguard and in dangerous missions such as those they’d grown accustomed to.

The transformed legion slowly reestablished the relationships Smetonias had ruined in his quest for glory. However, it also planted a wedge between the legion’s veterancy and the Snitran recruits.

That’s because I’m not him. Anyway, last tidbit for the night. If the thread lived till tomorrow, I might write some more.

Anyway, the Terrans had been aggregated in the Subjugator squadrons, mostly because the assignment’s nature clashed with Dulce’s and by extension the Snitran’s ideals. The Subjugator corps of the eleventh legion was subservient to all officers above squadron level. Smetonias himself was made commander of the Subjugator corps, a joke of a position. Adding to the humiliation of being made the lowest ranking in all of the legion and having a female Primarch, the Terran Void Gazers were subjected to both internal and external mockery.

This caused the Subjugator corps to become paranoid and delusional, while also sinking into greater and greater depravity. As one might imagine, this became a problem for the legion as time went by.

How mad do you guys think the Terran marines where when she got fucking destroyed by Russ.