Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

"What have the Elves ever done for us?"

"Well they did show us how magic works... and they keep the vortext in check... and the sanitation."

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3aB6CPyO0Ww
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for waifus

What faction do you stand with?

Waifus are cancer.

2valliant4u

youtube.com/watch?v=3aB6CPyO0Ww

>this rustles the carnac

proceed

From the last thread, but I love this image

>posting a pic of worst girl
She was acceptable in the first game, but now saltspyre legit looks like a swell guy next to her

Gotta have to say the last stand of commando elves is my favorite

What is even the theme here?

When is the next edition of RP coming out?

The theme is 'Hey Dave Gallagher, we have a blank page in this book, can you just knock some artwork up for it?'.

>One thing you love about your faction/units. (State edition)
>One thing you hate.
>One thing you'd change that wouldn't effect balance.
I'll start.
8th ed
Love that skaven are hilariously unpredictable on tabletop and can dominate or blow themselves up.

Hate that most moulder units (aside from HPA) are pretty useless other then redirects. You'd think a race devoted to raising monsters with super science would be able to to do more with them.

I'd actually like to make at least one hero decent at combat. Maybe let a master assassin have the ability to force a challenge once per game, simulate an ambush in the heat of battle.

high elves
They are zippy fast
I am not good at painting them
I'd bring back whfb

Those are the Grey, a band of shadow warriors.

I need ideas for high elf themed terrain
anyone wanna post that or archtexture?

>rat fucking shits....

I've collected Orcs, Elves, and Skaven anf gotta say these are my biggest:

Orcs
>wonderful wonderful charm
>that charm makes them Bollocks in game
I wish there was a "black orc legion" list that works with Grimgor much like how Throgg has a troll list that works

Elves
>elite shock troops are my shtick
>blimey that S3 is horsecock when you think about them being the literal Nolder

Skaven
>very diverse play styles and themes
>too much flak and chaff no stormvermin legion style list
Skaven were my first army but the more they emphasized the moulder/Skyre side of things the less I grew for them because it divulged to slave rat lists

Floppy hats,
floppy hats
and floppy hats.

>floppy hats
Absolutely Kaiser Choice

>tigh high boots

I just noticed the one Elf is sporting a Fury styled fade haircut.

And here I thought every elf had shitty neck to ass crack length hair.

Why dont elves have a more militaristic Roman inspired cut hair length? Actually everyone in setting save the bald have long ass hair.

6th edition
Dwarfs. The absolutely relentless relisiliece of all units
I on the other hand utterly despise the dwarf gunline and think you should play them for melee combat to have more fun
I'd let the slayers have more movement and some kind of ward against ranges so to make them finally viable rather than a purely flavour choice

I mean they all have tall helmet so short hair would be hidden. I think the Archer (light armor) unit card in TW has short hair

Could just be a head wound.

I'm honestly not bothered because it only just dawned on me that pattern even existed

You're right though everyone with a helmet kinda makes it a moot point... Onto to style of helmets what is everyone's favorite non hero related helmet?.

For as simple as it is I dig the skull bone helm of temple guard.

Lizardman girl deserves a higher post

I guess people think of longer hair as being more medieval or fantastical?

8th: Orcs and Goblins.
A surprising amount of shenanigans and funny toys, including Fanatics and Squig Hoppers.
The internal balance among core units is a bit wonky; you either take Night Goblins or Savage Orcs for your infantry, with no middle ground. Part of the problem is that Savage Orcs are just "better Orcs." They cannot get a shield, but with Warpaint and dual CCWs, they have a better Ward Save that works "all the time."

Proposal: Savage Orcs are now Skirmishers. They replace their option for Bows with Javelins; remove Big Stabbaz as an option.

PS: Modify Skarsnik's Sneaky Schemes to allow Night Goblin units to move&shoot after rallying (rather than rallying after a flee reaction). Though this may sound subtle, it would make Squig Hoppers considerably more annoying, and eliminate confusion between "cannot do anything after rallying" and "must move because of Random Movement."

Oh, and can we discuss Mordheim? Because I want to discuss Orcs & Goblins there too.

I like that a good variety of options could be represented with such a small warband configuration. They have good skills, and Waaagh Magic is funny (with Oi! Ge'er'off! being sneaky).

I hate that there's a rule that when a Goblin gets Lad'z got Talent, said Goblin automatically dies, because the Orcs think it's getting too mouthy. While I get it's Orcs & Goblins (and not the Orc/Goblin alliance), this is rather frustrating. More hilarious is the fact that in the Mordheim Annual 2002, they have rules for Wolf and Spider mounts, which can only be used by Goblins. The problem? Only Heroes (and certain Hired Blades) can take Mounts, and Goblins cannot become Heroes, thus making it so only unofficial/fan warbands could use Wolves/Spiders.

Proposed Fix: Aside from the obvious (Goblins should be able to be promoted to Hero status if rolling Lad's Got Talent, or at least be able to make a Leadership check to confirm), Squigs are another problem unit; rather than a normal move (4"), or moving "double" for a charge, they simply move 2d6", charging an enemy if they come in contact with it. This lets them charge "hidden" models, or "zig-zag" around enemy units to contact enemies in the back; since they RAW didn't actually charge but only count as charging during the following Close Combat phase, this also prevents the opponent from Intercepting them.

My proposal is to simply make Squigs move 4" as normal, but give them the Leap skill, so they can make an additional D6 move ignoring 1" obstacles. This means one less "unique" rule to track, helps give them their niche, but prevents them from sequence-breaking on account of RAW-wonk.

8th ed.
Warriors of Chaos
I love the capricious and uncaring way the gods bless their champions.
>So you're an amazing swordfighter that just did a great deed? Let's bless you by turning both your arms into boney clubs.
>So you're the most brilliant commander your tribe have ever seen? Let's give you the mind of a beast.

I hate that the Mark of Nurgle is rubbish on Forsaken.

The change I would have done would be to give Marauder Horsemen the option to purchase bows. It makes no sense that we can't depict a solid portion of both the kurgan and hung way of war on the tabletop.

Reposting from previous thread:

#
But doesn't the Fast Cav rules include the ability to make as many reforms you want while moving/marching?

How well do you guys think that a lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord with the chaos familiar (=gets to know one additional spell) with the Lore of Slaanesh on a Steed of Slaanesh inside a unit of 5 Hellstriders of Slaanesh would work against Dwarfs in a 2500 point game?
I was thinking of fielding it in combination with a level 2 Sorcerer with Lore of Shadows that rocks the Skull of Katam (can choose to channel 6 instead of 1 dice each round, a roll of 1= -1 permanently to his ld).

Can't hear you, could you repeat that ?

>I wish there was a "black orc legion" list that works with Grimgor much like how Throgg has a troll list that works

There is, just not for the 8th edition.

Fine: Are the dwarfs too grumpy for Slaanesh?

I‘m currently trying to create the setting for a campaign set in Pre-Sundering Colonial Bretonnia, is there any material on it?
Right now I‘m imagining it somewhat crudely with Elven Settlers struggling against Orcs and barbaric human tribes, with many Adventurers and Veterans from the War against Chaos working as Sellswords and Mercenaries for Governors in the Colonies.

Who would win in an eating contest?
Ogre or Troll?

Can ogre's eat troll flesh?

Ogre Butchers literally have a spell called "trollguts", guess how they cast it.

Goddamn, we had this topic some threads ago, but I can't remember the details; there were some dwraves that had fallen to Slaanesh. Their greed and craft would make them a perfect target for Slaanesh.

Ogres can eat Troll flesh, but I‘m pretty sure when it comes down to brass tax, the Troll can keep a higher pace of eating due to their gastric acid.

I could see Dwarfs that overendulge in drinking become targets, but it would still be hard work to corrupt a dwarves spirit.

How many maps on release?
How many maps are in pre-order beta?
What's the point in levelling past 15?
When can I play as Malus Darkblade?

I meant all of this for Vermintide. Silly ol' me.

Idk any of that but I just wanted to say your pic gave me a boner

You can play as the world's most buttblasted elf, be happy with that

It's from the Karak Azgal adventure book for WHFRP 2e; the head of the Dwarf Banking Guild in Karak Azgal had been corrupted by Slaanesh, as had members of the Gemcutter's Guild. They emphasized the "greed" aspect of Slaanesh, the accumulation and blatant display of too much wealth.

The main reason you would want a Musician would be the +1 Ld for rallying. Half the point of Fast Cav is baiting your opponent and setting up bad charge vectors.

Well thanks for the non answer I guess.

Oh yeah that's true. Might be worth taking it on them after all.

You can actually play as Malus Darkblade in that shitty Wrath of Heroes area style game that Warhammer Online turned into for like 6 months. And the Red Duke. Shame the game sucked.

Oh and something that might be worth noting is that I consider either that setup, a lvl 4 shadow sorcerer lord (with chaos familiar) + Festus or a lvl 4 Nurgle Sorcerer Lord with Flaming Breath in a unit of knights that will run up to the flank and weaken blocks using the breath weapon and the signature spell + a lvl 2 lore of shadows Sorcerer with either Chaos Familiar or Skull of Katam.

Are Lizardmen blue as a reference to Mayan blue? They seem about the same colour and I never really put the two together before since when the plastic Lizardmen were coming out my mom got me the army box since I love dinosaurs (sexually) and I wanted to paint them more like the reptiles and amphibians they are.

I'm asking because I am currently looking for my old models in the shed and was thinking about repainting them for AoS.

Most high elves are militia, not professional soldiers. You try telling that three hundred year old snooty bitch to cut the hair she just spent fifty years growing.

If you want to be a professionel soldier you should shave your beard. But tell that the dwarves.

Same philosophy really, just different hair. Maybe elves and dwarves aren't so different after all.

They aren't - just one is more artistically inclined than the other. But if you told either of them that they're basically the same, they'd hate you forever. Sort of like trying to convince the Brets to join up with the Empire.

I doubt you can scare off elves with a scalp of cut hair.

8th ed
Lizardmen
big ass dinosaurs and just the whole aztec aesthetic ad how they feel as a faction
the fact that the rules makes saurus and dinosaurs really easy to counter, meaning the best build is to just grab a slann and a bunch of skinks
skink priests of chotec with lore of fire

also
Empire
they just feel super unique, and are a faction that gives you the freedom to build whatever you want
expensive and annoying to make 40+ man blocks of halberdiers
make state troops come in boxes of 20 for ~$35

Well they are both autistic and ultra emotional, just that dwarf is muh tradition and elf muh romanticism

>"never marry your highschool sweetheart"

8th ed Dark Elves
I love doomfire warlocks, from how they look to how they play. I like to play dancing lists but it would be kinda boring to just have seventeen units of dark riders. DFWs are still dancy prancy elves, just using magic instead of arrows which is a nice piece of variety.
I hate how Corsairs look even though I love the model. I can sort of see them as dark elf equivalents of sea guard, but they look so uniform that it annoys me. Also I wish that the army book had some sort of magical ranged weapon for the characters. maybe it doesn't fit thematically because dark elves are supposed to be using mass produced repeater crossbows while Helves and Welves are using PURE SKILL™ and Maaagic~ Arrow heads but it just seems like a complete blind spot in the army list.

Remerge dreadspears, bleakswords and darkshards into just Dark Elf Warriors that start with no armor and a hand weapon and you upgrade them from there however.

>If you want to be a professionel soldier you should shave your beard.

>snowniggers
>professional anything

You shouldn't use words you don't understand.

>medniggers
>hoplites
>professional
nigga stop. At least post phil's pikemen.

>medniggers
>hoplites
>professional
>nigga stop. At least post phil's pikemen.

I was refering to the most famous contemporary depiction of Hoplites, which were the mercenary army Xenophon participated in, you dingus. Hoplites served as Mercenary all throughout the hellenic world aswell as in the persian empire and the Egyptian before that.

7th ed.
Brets.
Love the dynamic of knights and peasants.
Hate that I have to pay a special feat to let a dude go on foot, and that characters can only have one virtue, essentially limiting on-foot vharacters vs the variety of builds that an on-horse character can obtain thanks to the virtue possibilities.
Also that there are no foot knights .

>xenophon's bunch of bum buggers are the most famous hoplites.
>not the spartans, athenians or the bum buggers of thebes
wew.

>Bretonnian is an overweight monstrosity with uncovered hair
confirmed carcinogenic agent

I want to mate with the Asur and the Empire girl at the same time.

To be fair the mercenary army of the Ten Thousand was capable of doing some nifty things. In the classical era most hoplites were levies with no formal training and almost no disicipline. The extend of their battle tactics was to simply run at was in front of them often turning into a mob of screaming men full of bloodlust. They were clumsy on the move, couldnt march in step and could only hold anything resembling s formation while static. The Spartans were the exception since they knew basic formation drill and could actually maintain a formation on the move. The Ten Thousand were capable of doing things far beyond the ability of the city states, like forming up in a checkred formation.

Funny thing about Athens is that theres an episode where an army failed epicly to wheel their right flank and fell into complete chaos.

You can depict neither Kurgan nor Hung nor Norscans.
WoC is something weird in between.

Reading comprehension faggot. Get some.

Norscans are easily depicted using regular marauders. There's even a special character if you wanna bring the surprise viking raid-feel.

>abloobloo, the most famous hoplites are xenophon's ten thousand
>the world jacks itself off to marathon and thermopylae

Regarding the kurgans pretty much everything in the army can fluffwise be kurgans. The only blatant anti-kurgan tendency is the lack of war mammoths and horse archers.

Mate just reread the relevant post before you embarrass yourself again.

you are the one embarrassing himself. Posting a bunch of hoplites for professional miliary makes you a joke.

Because persian shit is indefinitely superior right ?

if hoplites are so good why did the ionians get their shit pushed in?

Omg this is hilarious.

Because when they're thrice as numberous as your army you can't win unless fucking hannibal is in charge ?

July

The Greeks did indeed fear the Persians during their wars with them. Herodotus tells us the Persian namr struck fear into the Greeks and Athens was admired for standing her ground.

In almost all of the conflicts between the Greeks and Persians the Greeks refused to fight the Persians at open plains. At Marathon they waited ten days before making a mad dash towards the Persians, possibly to negate their cavalry. At thermoyply they defended the pass atop the Phocians' wall, and at Platae they refused to come down from the hills.

The Persians had superior cavalry, which was rightfully feared, and better organization.

or maybe the greeks were fighting on their home turf while the persian empire was at it's logistical tail end which is why the greeks won?
Considering that before alexander the persians regularly threw money at the greeks to fight each other, their society seemed to be better suited to governing a big empire.

And here we go again.
Say, if the greeks were really shit, why was xenophon's army used as professionnal mercenaries ?

guess what im brewing

Judging by the color and the floating bits inside i say dwarf ale

can I ask what it is?

Those are bretts dude

Those look like Bretonnian horses to me...

because they were reliable unlike regular persian satraps who would often rebel when the Shahenshah was weak?

I'll assume you aren't really retarded and just say that if you were joking you need to remember that sarcasm is based largely in tone, something that can't be well translated into text

what are you using to strip those models?

Because the Persian liked to employ all types of mercenaries to serve as cannon fodder. Greek mercenaries were common enough and their aggressiveness was something that was wanted. On top of that a mercenary isn't the same as a hoplite that is part of the levy of a city-state.

Read this to get a better sense of Greek tactics.