/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/106864/skeletons-in-the-closet
paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lkff?Starfinder-Adventure-Path-News
paizo.com/products/btpy9y25?Starfinder-Adventure-Path-The-Reach-of-Empire
paizo.com/products/btpy9z12?Starfinder-Adventure-Path-Escape-from-the-Prison-Moon
paizo.com/products/btpy9zsd?Starfinder-Adventure-Path-The-Rune-Drive-Gambit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>you can use gonzo as long as you don't do something stupid like vore the boss
>apps with an ungermaw
>user is surprised their app goes away

Starfinder repository is borked. Can we get a working link? Even with P swapped to S and the SFT capitalized, the link just doesn't work.

Going to repost this now that it's new thread:

I need some help with a puzzle in the next session i'm going to run.

See, in a certain room, they have to go to sleep to advance to the next part, since it takes place in dreamland. The dungeon is heavily crystal/psionics themed, so i'm having trouble figuring out how to hint at them that they should actually go to sleep.

The best I can figure out is a room with a roof painted to look like the night sky, a clock pointing towards 12 (midnight) and maybe soft flooring, although it doesn't make too much sense considering it was made for rock-people.

Got done with breakfast. Seeking job. Annoyed that I have no desire to run a game now that I have more free time

I now know the true name of a Vrock. Unfortunately, the last time we met wasn't so friendly and we nearly killed each other. I know having his true name is some huge leverage over him, but I also know he may try to kill me if I call him. I'll probably just buy some art for him to destroy and hopefully call it good there.
If I can salvage the "relationship", what should I do with it?

r8 my character (LE Human Ninja) for a new campaign

He's a tall unassuming man with a bit of a beer belly. His face is dominated by a large, hooked nose and even in his 20s, his hairline is starting to recede.

He thinks he's the bastard of a minor noble, and grew up working at a sugar mill. His goal in life is to break into the upper class and nobility that he believes he deserves, but that won't come without fame and riches (hence adventuring). He has a chip on his shoulder about his lower-class background, and amusingly enough, doesn't know that much about nobles actually conduct themselves.

I rolled height and weight randomly for a character with average strength and got someone who was a little chubby by BMI. And then I thought, wouldn't a ninja that doesn't look like a ninja be funny

>How are you?
Okay I guess. My games keep getting cancelled, and I have to go to the dentist on Monday

>How are you?
Just ate.
Need to get in another job application.
Looking forward to having friends over to marathon a show.
Hoping this weekend involves less time with the in-laws and more time to adjust things for my Monday game since the players just circumvented a huge trip and are arriving well before their quarry, so the enemies will be just arriving now instead of having their villainy in progress.

Any good place to get good, Roll20-compatible tokens?

>not just making your own
rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/

What race should I go for if I want to make a Bloodrager with the Shapeshifting Bloodline? I'm thinking the Bloodshaper and Blood Conduit Archetypes, if the GM will allow it and if the GM will allow Blood Conduit to work with natural attacks; I think it's really odd that it doesn't).

Not that it's really that relevant to my choice of race, but I'm thinking of it as form of chaotic neutral priest of Malar, and as such I'm going to also ask if I can switch out the regular Bloodrager spell-list for Druid/Ranger/Shaman, even if that ends up fucking me in the ass.

But I simply can't decide on race. I'm usually an aasimar/tiefling kind of guy, but I can't help but feel that it's not fitting for a Malarite priest. Cool ideas trump optimization. Bonus points for neat character art if you've got it.

It's only on snip

How do I roleplay up my character being corrupted by an intelligent magic item that's basically an embodiment of a Red Dragon?

If you're going to use claws, you should probably get something with a different kind of natural attack, to capitalize on full attacks with natural weapons.

Making it a Primalist with Beast Totem and Greater Beast Totem would be ideal, but might not work well with your bloodline I dunno. Would fit Malar tho.

Wereraptor Skinwalker

Was the first Taldor module leaked?

yep, check the previous pdf sharing general

Skinwalker, provided your DM's cool with letting you use a Sorcerer bloodline (Unless there's a Shapeshifting Bloodline for Bloodragers). I played a Crossblooded (Draconic-Abyssal) Rageshaper Ragebred Skinwalker once, had natural attacks out the ass.

>Unless there's a Shapeshifting Bloodline for Bloodragers
There is

>Unless there's a Shapeshifting Bloodline for Bloodragers
He said it in that very post.

>I make cool, dynamic characters with depth and interesting choices that feed into the character and aren't just doing the most damage
>Others make boring characters with no flair or interesting dynamic/secrets

>>I make cool, dynamic characters with depth and interesting choices that feed into the character and aren't just doing the most damage
Options like this don't exist in Pathfinder and 9/10 compalints like this boil down to "waaah someone in y group can do math" or your one of those faggots that thinks gimping themselves by taking skill focus:Basket Weaving is an "interesting and dynamic character choice".

Seriously, all of that shit is just buzzwords. What's interesting to one person is boring as fucking piss or actively displeasing to another.

Since I know some people here play 4e, lemme try to shill this here: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/106864/skeletons-in-the-closet

I'm talking about how I made a paladin who serves the oppressive human regime in a party of chaotic fuckers who are basically the crew of Firefly
One of their characters is literally just "I'm a magus and I don't like the guberment"

So you're That Guy trying to ruin things for the rest of the party by causing needless and unproductive conflict that serves no purpose other than drama and annoying the other players despite the fact that logically in character these characters have no reason to stay or associate with yours?

Sounds like you all made what you thought was interesting, and you're just pissing your pants over what other people want to play.

>voice only
How am I supposed to play 4e when even the /pgg/ies in the cabal refuse to use text with it?

How viable is Spheres of Power/Might for an epic6 game?

I'm almost certainly running Epic6 for my next game, and I was thinking about how much customization you could get out of Spheres. Once you're at the 50 feat, does it become too ridiculous? On the magic side, casters can basically pick any direction to advance in infinitely (aside from save DCs), but how well does it allow you to advance on the martial side?

Probably banning vancian magic in that game too because I hate it, even though E6 is designed to curb it.

>needless and unproductive conflict
>that serves no purpose other than drama
>Drama is needless and unproductive conflict
Wow your party must be fucking boring
Two of the other players have great characters, its the 3 lame ones which suck

Your problem might be six players at once, then.

My other group is seven
It's way worse

>Two of the other players have great characters
And let me guess they're all for the human centric regime your paladin also supports? Right?

Startoad, why do you bother when you know your dad and mom are just gonna force you to close it down again fatty mclard ass obese manchild.

What?

Who?

>they're all for the human centric regime your paladin also supports? Rig
No, I'm the only one in the party that supports it. Not everything's as black and white as you would think

Tell it to the tardwalkers crew.

Spheres always looked like a hassle to implement rather than sticking to default vancian for most spell caster classes. I know martials love it because it can put them on par with casters, second to Path of War stuff. While it allows you to specialize and cheese a few things early, it's normally a downgrade for even more confusing rules unless you abuse the spheres (Beastmaster Summoner hijinks/etc) to make something more broken than the default vancian. I'm not going to say everyone is having badwrongfun for using Spheres but I never understood the hype and giddiness for it.

Spheres isn't more complex than Vancian unless you're a brainlet or something. And pretty much nothing Spheres does better than Vancian is broken in the long run.

I think the main draw of Pathfinder is that it's a highly customizable system with an incredible amount of crunch to it, particularly in regards to casting. Spheres of Power attempts to reign in some of that crunch, introducing some of its own, and does the standard "two steps forward, one step back" progression that Pathfinder is known for, all the way back to its branching off from 3.5.

One of the key successes of SoP is that, aside from subsystems, it eliminates the sheer narrative obliteration that casters have access to starting at 4th level spells (with some exceptions, notably weather and warp). SoP advocates are quick to point out that SoP eliminates a lot of brokenness, but forget about some of the stupid shit it introduces (such as, as you said, Beastmaster Summoner munchkinry), but any blatantly inappropriate munchkinry should be shut down by either the GM piledriving the character 6 feet under, or a gentleman's agreement at the table.

At the end of the day, people like it because it's a new system. It's highly customizable and modular. People like Pathfinder for that very reason.

Terrible, thanks for asking.

Looking forward to Starfinder tonight. Gonna fuck up some people.

>Beastmaster Summoner
This is a new one.

Yo bro how do you feel about animal companions

Generally weak as shit and not worth investing in unless the game is really, really low point buy and especially if alternative systems like Path of War or Spheres of Might are in play. At best their fun RP at worst their something the enemy can waste a turn one shotting instead of mildly inconveniencing a party member.

Then I guess "having three of them" won't excite you

Shittily balanced because their scaling sucks and they don't scale with point buy or alternate systems. Still a gain in action economy if you're minmaxing even the slightest bit, though. They work well with specific hunter builds, but at high levels in Spheres of Might you'll find that for some reason your animal companion has less HD than some random thing you tamed. Personally I think they should scale with HD equal to your level but oh well.

Also, anyone else think it's weird that you can scale a random animal ally's HD up with the Beastmastery sphere with no limits? Like, you could bolster a housecat that you tame up to 15 HD if you're level 15, but its appearance doesn't change or anything at all. I'm probably not going to do something that extreme when I play it, but still a weird mental image.

>Stacking what basically ammounts to an Animal Companion and an Eidolon with a bunch of extra bonuses

Bad for table health, strong for a solo campaign, great for a villain.

it's interesting, to me the main draw is they have the most modules and they get the most new contents, that's it really.

The main draw of PF to me is that it has a lot of GMs.
That's it.

The modules are mostly bland and uninteresting, I've found. You sit down and agree to not make a character who wants to follow a path other than the script laid out for you. The villains are blatantly evil and impossible to sympathize with because they HAVE to be, otherwise the AP would not function. I don't dislike them for it, but dislike the necessity of blandness when righting modules.

If you don't like the system for the system, talk to your playgroup and see how they feel. Switch to a system that fits you.

If you're only play it because you're desperate to roleplay, just find a roleplaying forum or something like /pol/

>check Wrestling Sphere
>Inescapable Grasp
>Shuts down magical teleports AND FoM
>Everyone can now Tetori grapple with just one talent
>Combine with Chokehold for extra mage bullying

true, but there's always some good bits you can lift out of it and turn into your own, I appreciate them as sort of frameworks or just places to lift shit

I have no real interest in starfinder, but the gm everyone endures in the name of hanging out together has roped the group into it. What classes and options will i be looking into if i iust want to play a space wizard or jedi? I'm thinking of expanded universe force sorcery bullshit or just being a telekinetic fighter. Either is fine. Advice for avoiding the trap options that seem like they do these things but make you suck is welcomed.

>his mages need verbal/somatics
Pleb

>space wizard
Mystic or Technomancer.

>jedi
Solarion. A Lashunta also gives you a couple decent native psychic powers. You could do it as Soldier, but Starfire swords are first available at 7 and Plasma at 9.

Any idea why Paizo are shifting to release some three volume adventure paths, and some six? Can't help but notice the three volume one is for starfinder, going to assume it's related to its shitty performance?

Also, Priest or Scholar would likely be your optimal Theme.

[citation needed]

Is 567 average damage per turn (assuming they all hit) a lot?

at what level, what class, melee or ranged?

Melee full attack at level 20 with a magus.

I'd actually say that's a tad excessive. Once a martial hits about 200 or so DPR consistently, any higher is usually ergigous.

kind of low, a barbarian can exceed 800 easily without having to burn anything but rage rounds. If we get into high OP a bloodrager/alchemist/other dips can exceed 1800

paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lkff?Starfinder-Adventure-Path-News
Here ya go, sort of old news, was surprised I had not heard about it until now either

>(assuming they all hit)
It's a meaningless number.

you can get to-hit high enough that your -10s and -15s still hit on a 2

>Not only will this make for shorter, and hopefully more manageable, campaigns, but it will also enable us to experiment even more with the traditional Adventure Path format going forward. This isn't the end of the six-volume Adventure Path, however. We'll be returning to that length in 2019, and our plan is to release new Starfinder Adventure Paths in both three-volume and six-volume formats in the future—whichever works best for the stories we want to tell.

If anything it sounds like they're going to be able to output more variety of content by not locking themselves into just Six-Volume paths.

If it helps, they are all primary attacks. And I suppose one could pick up Accurate Strike...

Just 3 spells (level 2, 3 and 4) and Chill Touch every 3 rounds.

that's a lot of spells for not a lot of damage.

Well, I guess it's a lot of spells, I have no real point of comparison.

and found the blurbs for the upcoming modules in that path
paizo.com/products/btpy9y25?Starfinder-Adventure-Path-The-Reach-of-Empire
>ired to transport supplies to a new Pact Worlds colony in the Vast, the heroes discover that the Azlanti Star Empire has invaded and occupied the colony with a small military force. The heroes must liberate the colony from its merciless oppressors, only to learn that the Azlanti have taken both an experimental starship drive and one of the colonists—an old friend of the heroes—back to the Star Empire!

"The Reach of Empire" is a Starfinder Roleplaying Game adventure for four 1st-level characters. The adventure begins the Against the Aeon Throne Adventure Path, a 3-part, monthly campaign in which players visit and explore some of the worlds of the sinister Azlanti Star Empire. It also includes a gazetteer of the Pact Worlds colony of Nakondis, a collection of new starships and starship options used by the Imperial Fleet of the Azlanti Star Empire, and a selection of new monsters from alien worlds.
paizo.com/products/btpy9z12?Starfinder-Adventure-Path-Escape-from-the-Prison-Moon
>Deputized by the interstellar police force called the Stewards for freeing a colony from Azlanti occupation, the heroes journey to the Azlanti Star Empire to rescue their captive friend from a well-guarded prison moon. After visiting an outlaw space station nearby, the heroes stage a daring breakout and clash against the penal colony's commandant. But the experimental starship drive is still at large, and the heroes must track it down to prevent the Azlanti from making it operational!

That, and because of the release schedule being every other month Dead Suns has taken a year to fully release, so having shorter APs would work better in that release schedule.

Mind you, I think the schedule itself is the problem, but eh.

At which point it will turn into a meaningful number.

paizo.com/products/btpy9zsd?Starfinder-Adventure-Path-The-Rune-Drive-Gambit
> The heroes must infiltrate a secluded Azlanti science facility and liberate the captive scientists forced to study an experimental starship drive to keep it out of their enemies' hands. They soon learn of the device's reality-warping power first-hand, but standing in their way is the dastardly Azlanti noble who has orchestrated the entire plot!

Sounds like a bit of star wars rebellion romp for a bit.

until it can beat a barbarian swinging a falcata or butchering axe with nothing but rage rounds, it's not good enough. Level 20s should be able to one-round demi-gods or you failed as a martial.

>That one guy who plays Cleric in a full party of Spheres

Is it a Sphere Cleric?

I've read it. It's actually pretty damn good.

It's entirely possible to hit level 2 without seeing combat.

Vancian. He can cast one spell and end an encounter pretty much

boohoo faggot

What spells pop up most often? What level is your group?

Burst of Radiance, and we're level 3 so far. Blinding for 1d4 rounds at level 3 is fucking stupidly imbalanced and he's big on 15 minute adventuring days too

Mystyc looks like the right choice. Sunboys look very pigeonholed into their whole natural weapon thing and technomancers seem like worse mystycs at first glance. Less flexible while gaining nothing.

I'd rather avoid anything without magic of some kind in a paizo product, so that kills the soldier idea far before lack of lightsabers.

The best thene seems to be more "whatever boosts the ability score your class will use" than anything.

>and he's big on 15 minute adventuring days too
Have the rest of the party agree to not wait for him and continue on when he gets tired and runs out of spells. He'll learn to not be a fool soon enough

>Blinding for 1d4 rounds at level 3 is fucking stupidly imbalanced
You mean like color spray? Or glitterdust?

Of course he wants 15 minute adventuring days, he's playing a cleric. Your GM is partially at fault for apparently throwing the same encounter at you all the time, too. At any rate, his job in any given combat is to lay down control and let the party mop things up. Sounds like it's working as intended.

> Sunboys look very pigeonholed into their whole natural weapon thing
You know you can have it be armor instead and wield whatever weapon you want, right?

Then you are still pigeoholed into the thing. They don't seem to get much of anything else other than some specific effects to channel through it.

Mystics are Wizards and Technomancers are Sorcerers, if you want a direct mechanics comparison.

Soldiers have Fighting Styles that add some great flavor, like Arcane Assailant that starts with making your primary weapon into a Magic weapon, and later lets you add an extra Fusion that doesn't count against the standard Fusion sticker count, and at 13 a second weapon as well.

>that guy who plays a 1pp class in a party of PoW

what? I can't hear you over my exploiter pact wizard or druid or shaman

>that user who doesn't suffer for his art

here to brag again? wasn't it you were the only PoW class in the game last time? did your party members finally decide to embrace the ULTIMATE DEFENSES of counters?

SoP is fucking garbage shit. It deserves to brought to old pasture and shot and thrown out. Either vancian or fuck off.

No, that was me. :^)

Yeah, don't do that negro.

>being this hipster