Magic A25

new thread, turns out the commons and uncommons is where it's at. shame it's not enough to redeem the shit mythic choices

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/spoilers/Masters 25
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/masters-25?&
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>uncommon

>forgot to put spoiler in the OP
well i'm a faggot

OG art with watermark is kind of sex.

Bulk 25

do not buy.

They started spoiling all the white cards.

Yea I'm not buying any of this shit

What are the archetypes? UG Morph, WB cycling?

GB creatures with the same name?

Shouldn't they just dump the whole set today?

>safe Portal reprints they already did
Bleh

Would have loved for this to be a common.

>turns out the commons and uncommons is where it's at
You're not joking. New art is mostly on point, too. I like the new Unearth and Arcane Denial (although it can't be RKF's originals)

Too bad it's not good enough to justify drafting. Oh well, I'll settle for singles. Thanks for driving down my costs, WotC apologists!

>tripfagging

this + ninja of the deep hours would be cool af in pauper

smug boi is back

He better be in

WB cycling for sure. I’m certain now. I don’t see what the benefit of the archetype is though. Unless I am missing a slide reprint.

Lot of stuff like this. Squadron Hawk, this, Relentless Rats, timberback. Echoing courage is gonna be real good.

They're not even THAT good. A whole bunch of them are just disappointing. We saw Counterspell and Lightining Bolt and though "okay, maybe they WON'T just put in strictly worse versions of spells at Common and Uncommon".

We were wrong.

He is, at common

oh hey it's not a uncommon

allright lads last card, gotta go to work

Downshifted from RARE to COMMON.

Pauper BTFO

Apparently they want Assembly Worker Tribal to be a thing.

mtggoldfish.com/spoilers/Masters 25

pebbit trash website

make a neckswing

Beautiful. If I draft I hope I can play them all together.

>My boy Zhuge Liang downshifted to Uncommon

D I S R E S P E C T F U L

>Uncommons

For what purpose.

I THOUGHT YOU SAID U AND C WERE WHERE IT'S AT OP

Poor Finkel.

You don’t want Perilous Myr at common. Trust me.

Get cucked Finkel

>This and Niv-Mizzet in the same set

Aww yea Izzet bois

Same for Nyx-Fleece Ram and it was already an uncommon

At least it looks nice

This is the dumbest draft archetype ever, holy shit. Murder is a common you fucks, why must you torture me this way?

>No Jaya Ballard text

Just like your trips, this whole set was a waste of amazing potential

Wasn't that a sideboard all-star in Modern for a while? What happened? Tarmo get too popular? Was it the printing of Angler and Banana King?

Oh baby there are a lot of good cards in this set.

I'm so glad, if I do get to draft this garbage fire of a set at 25 bucks or less I'll for sure snapp all the copies of Murder and Counterspell and UB Draw-Go my black heart to some amount of happiness.

Screw off wotc.

lmao this set sucks so bad

>Wanting flavor text to disturb the centered rule text

It was a mainboard card in GR Tron before Kozilek's Return release and the meta shifting to GB Tron a while after

you stick out like a sore thumb Gavin

Not a lot of go-wide decks that get hosed by it. like the only relevant things it kills are Young Pyromancer and his elemental/spirit token friends.

Nice

Does anyone actually draft these sets? Standard-legal sets, sure, since they're designed primarily for Limited, but you might as well do a chaos draft if you're going to try and jam a bunch of cards together from various sets and try to balance them.

>Squadron Hawk and Brainstorm are both at common.

CAW CAW CAW

This set is also designed primarily for limited, numbnuts.

Gobbos and delver too, but I think all of those are seeing less play in Modern now unless I am imagining that

This is why the masters sets have strange card choices and rarities: to make a decent draft environment

It's often a 3-of in some Legacy decks. Fucks up DnT pretty well

So which card numbers havent been leaked yet? I knew theres some unclaimed rare slots

Why on EARTH was this not the Prophecy card?

The entire set is spoiled, dummy. Go on the mothership.

People who buy Masters sets and dont draft them are a minotity

((( Rosewater )))

They needed a card in another color.

You sure m8? Mythic spoiler is saying 55 unspoiled yet

Honestly the amount of fuck-ups Wizards has had in the last few years has been impressive. I commend them for that; it takes effort to be this bad.

If I was Gavin and I was assigned to write the article on this set, I wouldn't do it. Seriously, find someone else to write it. There would be no fucking way I could write something that would save my job and not make the community fucking hate me at the same time; and an apology within an apology would just get me fired. I'm sure he doesn't feel the same way but that's how I would see it. There would be no win-win for me; someone is going to fucking hate you at the end of the day and in his shoes I would have made the same choice, make your boss happy, fuck the fans. I could not have written his article and gone home happy.

I feel like the most important criteria of the Designer Contest is finding someone who will tow the company line and not get in a huff about including vanilla creatures in a set. If I was designing this shit and I had to put vanilla creatures in, I would hate myself every step of the way. It would be like asking me to spit in someone's food or put a clause in a contract that fucks my client.

It's completely understandable that they've become so enamored of this social justice cult. I highly doubt there is a single conservative voice within that entire company. Everyone there has swallowed the same bullshit socially as well as in design. Ask the people who quit and ask them why they quit - probably because they had no power to improve the game they loved.

>You sure m8?
Yeah I'm pretty fucking sure.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/masters-25?&

>not knowing what the mothership is
This is the state of Magic players today.

If you seriously dont understand why vanilla creatures exist, you shouldnt be working on a card game.

Welp I was hoping for more midvalue but I guess they cocked it up

So NOW that we have the full spoiler out, where is this set? I know most people at least agree MM1>MM3>MM2>EMA>Shit>IMA; personally I put EMA better than MM3 but worse than MM1. Where does A25 fall? I want to put it with IMA out of spite. Spite that it promised to be everything Iconic was supposed to be, but ended up being what IMA was anyway.

Vanilla commons aren't even a problem, like seriously the commons dont need to be money cards, and SHOULD be for draft. It's the fucking tree at mythic that's inexcusable. It's not for draft. it's not for edhfags. it's not for collectors. it's not for ev. It's literally only there as a fuck you.

Also on the topic of vanilla
>nostalgia set
>No grizzly bears
>no giant spider

It's still better than IMA but not nearly up to EMA. Slots right into the power gap between the two.

I've read the articles. Complexity creep is a shit excuse for "we don't want to test very hard", which they don't, test very hard or at all given they had to hire a testing league to replace their FFL that they lied about having all these years.

You're welcome to explain why you think vanilla creatures should continue to exist if you haven't swallowed the kool-aid.

>where does A25 fall

Behind Iconic Masters. Alright for a regular set, not alright for a 25th aninversary set. Even less alright for a masters set.

>no hill giant

please print a dega disciple or something out of those cycles thanks

Tree is ok at mythic. The problem is Rare and Uncommon. These should be the barebone of constructed. Mythic shouldn't (but is being used as) be a reserve of value. It should be used for junk like tree, some cool stuff, too opressive to draft, story and flavorful, etc. This approach would raise the value of Planeswalkers (the only constructed playable at mythic, as this approach) but I think it's a trade of many players would take if we have non above of curve planeswalkers.

Rare, for instance, should get limited bombs and some constructed cards. A removal or counterspell barely should be rare, these should be uncommons.

If I ever see Mark Rosewater I'll punch him in the throat to fix his retarded voice because of this set. no joke.

brainlets like you are the reason the recent sets have been so terrible. please take your money to hearthstone

Are you Richard Garfield

all anons should go to Seattle and backhand any wotc employee.

Cool Rare/Uncommon to Common downshifts, stupid as fuck mythic choices other than JTMS/Recruiter/Animar/Chalice (I guess), neat archetypes from what I can make out.

I give it a 5/10, might draft it once but I won't run out and grab a box for it like I did MM3 unless it's like $140 or less.

why do they give cool art to cards no one gives a fuck about?

>double dubs

seems like a sign.

MaRo made me a nazi.

>88
Antisemitism on the rise!

Same, same. Also, I’m of the opinion that if one wanted an anniversary nostalgia trip, EMA does A25’s job far better than A25. EMA was designed by people who cared. A25 doesn’t feel that way, it feels coldly designedly by people looking to tick boxes off a checklist

>Tree is ok at Mythic
Yeah because it was totally a beloved that overtook cards like Champion of the Pariah, Snapcaster Mage, Liliana of the Veil, Balefire Dragon, Mentor of the Meek, or Laboratory Maniac as the most iconic rare to come out of original Innistrad

Totally

>88 on the back hand post too

the meme is becoming real