Iron Warriors Thread

>The Iron Warriors fired with impunity, caring nothing that many of the downed gunships fell groundward into the battle still being waged. The burning hulls of destroyed Astartes craft rained onto the killing fields, pulverising Word Bearers and Night Lords more often than they crashed into the few remaining pockets of Raven Guard and Salamanders survivors. When contacted by Legion commanders protesting the careless destruction, the Iron Warriors captains replied with laughter that bordered on betrayal.

>‘We are all bleeding today,’ an Iron Warriors captain voxed back to Kor Phaeron. ‘Have faith, Word Bearer.’ The link went dead to the sound of chuckling.

Iron within iron without!

IRON WITHIN
IRON WITHOUT

>tfw you take a detachment of three traitor basilisks

How did Honsou get the Ferrus arm?

He cut it off an ultramarine who got infected with necrodermis

In Ultramarines, Pasanius (Ureils bro 5 eva) gets covered in Necrodermis which covers his arm.

Later when they are thrown to Honsou planet in eye of terror Pasanius is captured by honsou who takes an interest in it and takes it for himself.

>Meltagun dude got his arm lopped off by a shard of the Nightbringer
>Gets cyberarm
>Cyberarm inherits the Nightbringer's touch, turns to necrodermis
>Meltagun guy is all mopey and repentant for his sin of using kickass chrome
>Gets captured on Medrengarde
>Honsou steals his arm and wears it during his torture.

>mfw the best IW is an Imperial Fist.

Get bent Sister Fister.

Bumping with minis.

I like hazard stripes but they seem like such a pain in the ass to paint.

Masking tape is your greatest friend and ally, my brother.

Nice. What bits are those?

Ironic

Hail brothers. The XVth are with you.

We brought Rubrics

How was the relationship between Magnus and Pert during the great crusade? They're a pair I don't often think about.

They were buds. Did science and archaeology together.

Perturabo thought Magnus was an over curious cretin likely to get himself and others in trouble. To the point where Magnus commissioned a warp sextant from Perturabo, Perty built the warp sextant. Then smashed it in front of magnus and told him not to dick around with the warp. Funny how that one worked out.

Bump

How old is the fluff that Pert becomes a Daemon Prince? Is there any chance it will be retconned?

Whats up with anti warp primarchs becoming warp pawns.

It's much more likely that they will turn him and his legion into monogod fanatics.

Bump

Why could we not have been allies, instead of foes? Together, we might have made a fortification that none could breach?

Because Dorn was a arrogant asshole that thought he was better than everyone else, but in fact was a low IQ retard

Says the warrior of the manchild. The Fists never sought to earn your ire, cousins, we only did as duty bade, as you did. You blame us for the accolades and prestige, but we never desired them in the first place, nor gloried in them over you.

Because both primarchs are fucking retarded, childish and stubborn.

One can only hope.

Best written in non-Horus Heresy books maybe.

Rate my wip Iron Warriors Sargeant?

+1 for that sexy ass MK III

Why greenstuff socks?

Gear teeth! Debating whether I should add rivets as well.

As long as you won't fuck up painting him, he should look great.

Just because you're a self-hating Iron Warrior doesn't mean you can't be comfy.

Makes sense since Iron Warriors need the best rivals.

For the most part, most of the Chaos prims were over fanatical with the Emperor (some were just fucking nuts like Lorgar and Curze), so when Big E paid no more attention to them, they turned into full blown rebellious teenagers

By both you mean Ferrus and Dorn. The HH books did a very good job protraying Perturabo, Ferrus on the other side has more rage fits than Angron. It's basically Santor running the show while his Primarch thrown a tantrum

And Dorn isn't retarded. Just adorable.

Did you mean best Legion

Dadorable

iron within, iron without

BEEP BOOP FUCK THE LOYALISTS

Reminder that the orks made a better job smacking the Imperial Fists than the Iron Warriors.

>Perturabo thought Magnus was an over curious cretin likely to get himself and others in trouble.
He also was perhaps closest with him of all his brothers. Funny that.

Any good stories or general information about these guys. I need to know because I'm planning on reading something that has them in it and I'd rather have a decent amount of background knowledge and your opinions.

>BEEP BEEP FUCK THE LOYALISTS
I need that image (among many others), as my old computer drive got fried recently. Can anyone provide?

BEEP BOOP*

There's Wrath of Iron, but the Iron Warriors have traditionally been a clusterfuck. This is because there's utterly no consistency to Perturabo's depictions: In one, he's a coldly logical Primarch who's more machine than man, who sided with Horus because it had the most beneficial outcome. (i.e. the Emperor wanted a Primarch who acted entirely on logic, he got it, and it went terribly wrong.)

In Angel Exterminatus, he's a reluctant warrior who actually just wants to build things of beauty. This is probably the most nuanced characterization, but it doesn't explain his behavior.

In his own novella, Perturabo, he's a man-child and a bit autistic, with violent moodswings when logic fails to hold up.

Storm of Iron for 40k Iron Warriors. Angel Expterminatus for 30k Iron Warriors plus some Perturabo drama. Seige of Castellax for different approach on 40k Iron Warriors. Not much plot in that last one though, mainly explosions.

I like their lore and looks (and because they're so easy to paint) but because nobody plays 30k here i just run a few alongside my Raven Guard. For extra Irony is use the IF tactics.

I play them all with H.bolters but couldnt pass the chance to build some mk3 IW with autocannons.

You can take my place during the next decimation, brother.

Sure, why not.

Fuckin' sweet. Thanks, user.