Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Death is a Relevant Faction Edition

Previous Thread: Please stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting
Do not respond to bait, hide, report, and Party on dudes (And dudettes)

>A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Malign Portents: Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

> Core rules
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handbook 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Nagash
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Portents
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

Other urls found in this thread:

malignportents.com/timeline/
malignportents.com/realms/
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-morathi-blood-sisters-en.pdf
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-morathi-blood-stalkers-en.pdf
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-khinerai-heartrenders-en.pdf
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-khinerai-lifetakers-en.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can Aelfs really change alliances on a whim? Dark turning High, DoK turning mermaids?

"Dark" and "High" Aelves aren't really a thing in AoS, not in the way they were in Fantasy at least. There's no great cultural divide to fragment them into opposed, warring clans. You just have Aelves, some of whom will be given towards darker, more extreme emotions and fall in with Morathi and Malerion, or more heroic ideals and side with Teclis and Tyrion. And you've also got plenty of Aelves given to neither extreme, who just live in Azyrheim or one of the other free cities and get on with life just like a human or duradin might.

This is /aosg/, not /whfbg/

No, guys. The Aelves now are separated into different races.

There are normal Aelves and I imagine that they can convert to Morathi's religion though.

What the fuck is goin' on?
What books do I read to understand AoSigmar and is there a storyline from beginning times to now?

I just bought a race of Lizardmen which kinda works in both Fan/Sigmar but I was considering the treefolk too.

That's who the regular witch aelves are. Snek/winged aelves are the altered souls.

Where can I catch up on the lore for AoS?
I don't like reading wiki.

Black Library, Audible, ANY Battletome is your best bet.

Is there a scan of the Open War Cards available?

Here's some basic overviews of the timeline and the realms.

malignportents.com/timeline/

malignportents.com/realms/

First model ever.

Thoughts? Think I need to improve but its a good first step.

>imagine ruining an expensive character model when you could have gotten 3 Liberators to practice on for half the price

IS THAT GLITTER?!

Thin your paints
Remove Mold lines
Did you try to texture the armor or something?

Can allies meet the Battleline requirements?

I wish
They can't

user, did someone do the base for you? Because the base looks infinitely better than the model standing on it. Or did you smear the texture paint on the model?

Thanks.

HOLY SIGMAR

When can we expect the App and Azyr to be updated?

I'm fucking saving this shit

Going to try and scratchbuild some skull catapults. Anyone know what base size would be best?

Yeah, added some glitter while painting. Makes him look mythical.

Soon

>Battletomes
>Realmgate wars series

First for the forest! Suck it Nurgle!

>scratchbuilding Screaming Skulls
>when doing so forbids you from playing an effective Deathrattle army with GHoN
Why, user? Why?

This is normal gold paint.
In case you don't know how it works, it's Yellow paint, with groud metal dust inside it. Basically glitter, but very thin.
You could use metallic paint with more powder or thicker powder, if you like the glistening flakes.
THAT glitter is a bit excessive.

Everything except that poor armor is great for a first model though.

>>Battletomes
Which ones?

All of them.
Get a pdf of them from the OP

If I have a Tzeentch army, can I mix Tzaangors and Daemons? Does my Battleline need to have 3 Daemons/3Tzaangors, or can I mix and match?

that texture on armour to have a scale or mosaic effects has untapped potential, unironically

Was legit just thinking that.

All of them. Any of them.

Witch Elves seem pretty good

Sacrificial Knife: Base 2 Attacks
Paired Sacrificial Knives: Add 1 to the Attacks
Frenzied Fervour: If the unit is within 8" of a Daughters of Khanie Hero, add 1 to their attacks.
Witchbrew: Re-roll failed Wound Rolls, immune to Battleshock
Idol of Worship: +1 Bravery
Mindrazor: Rend -1, Possible +1 attack per model
Bladed Killers: +1 Hit
Catechism of Murder: Natural 6’s (after re-rolls, but BEFORE modifiers) cause 2 hits instead of 1.
Blood Rites: Re-roll hit1.

So you have upwards of 5 attacks per model that now effectively hit on 2s, re-roll 1s, and natural 6s cause 2 hits each, rend-1.

Only wound on a 4+ but you can reroll it.

A pack of 10 will get 40-50 attacks with exploding 6s, and if you fight something with lower bravery you deal 2 damage per hit.

A mob of 30 will be terrifying

Someone did mosaic effect on an Imperial Knight shoulder pad. Anyone have the picture of it?

Why is games workshop still unable to put good female models when KD, infinity and raging heroes do so without problem? How could they shit up DoK with ugly models?

Please tell me this isn’t for real

I like stormcast, but most of the art for them is total trash.

Is there any good stormcast art?

Don't forget that they also can have a 5+ invuln save on every single one of 'em.

Those are bats, not Khinerai. I know, easy mistake to make, but do try.

I like converting shit and there's loads of casual players in my local. I can always go with Legions for more serious games.

How does this look?

Gotcha bro.

1000pt is not enough for list building to matter

T. Duncan

10/10 comment.

Fanart, but.

>grombrindal attacking grungis creations
This is as cringey as that Bretonnian fighting stormcast pic

>Literally just Brienne of Tarth

>manages to be as ugly as a GW sculpt
Fitting.

You can mix and match anything with the "tzeentch" keyword freely. Horrors, tzaangor, acolytes, chaos warriors/ marauders with the mark of tzeentch all work as battleline together

BY SIGMAR NO!!!

Sorry to ruin the fun. This guy took this from a Sigmar Facebook group. Someone’s grandma painted it and glued glitter all over it.

It's still hilariously awful.

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-morathi-blood-sisters-en.pdf
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-morathi-blood-stalkers-en.pdf
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-khinerai-heartrenders-en.pdf
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-khinerai-lifetakers-en.pdf

>99 Kiwibucks for 5 sneks
>90 Kiwibucks for 5 bat-ladies
Now, two weeks ago I would have said this means 40 and 35 Yuros, respectively, but after they put Witch Aelves for 80 Kiwibucks and they ended up costing 45 Yurobucks, I don't trust these prices anymore.

So I was considering a small 1k Stormcast army -

Castellant, Relictor, Celestant on Dracoth.
2 x 5 Judicators
2 Fulminators.
Gryph Hound.

Seems like it'd be pretty fun, isn't that much to paint either. Already have the Judicators and Hound(s) from a trade. All I really need to do is figure out what to headswap the models with. I'm somewhat tempted to go for freeguild greatsword heads.

Oh my god the Melusai fucking nest. Have you people seen a snake nest? Writhing snake women on top of each other for days. Why is this army so magical realm?

What is that Castellant meant to do? Buff your ranged dudes? Or desperately try to keep up with the Fulminators all game?

Mainly stick around and warding lantern judicators most likely to get targetted, though I'm open to suggestions for a different hero. The lantern just seemed pretty nice.

How do I make a legion of blood death soup army? Mainly focusing on a giant dragon, a bunch of bloodknights, some skellie/zombie support? How do I go about it? Help me out, Deathfags.

I want to make an undead Bretonnian army

Allegiance: Soulblight
Prince Vhordrai (480)
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)

Total: 1000 / 1000

Sure, it is, but your Judicators shouldn't be a target in the first place. Take, I dunno, 5 Liberators and plonk them down in front of your Judicators instead.

Naisu.
What about 2k points?
I‘m assuming I throw in another 5 Bloodknights, 40 Skellies, and some of those support units, right? Like the corpse cart, or mortis engine?

>‘No, idiot,’ spat Morathi. ‘We unite, bolstering our numbers, then divide as necessity demands. The sum total is the same. By working together, by giving free access to hard-won Realmgates, we can stop Nagash in whatever dire work is sending visions of doom through every culture and creed.’

>Morathi for multiculturalism and open borders.
YASSS QUEEN

Can I play a match with the Start Collecting Lizardmen set?

Yes.

>How do I make a legion of blood death soup army?
How many VLOZD and dire wolves do you have?

what's a good and easy color scheme for Stormcast that isn't Hammers?

I've been doing a squad or two as Hallowed Knights, but eh, not sure if I"m feeling it or not. Are Knights Excelsior easy??

Same as 1000, maybe add another VLoZD and loads of Direwolves. Also a 40-block of Spear Skeletons couldn't hurt either, at least one block seems required for most death armies

No skeletons, you'll swap over to LoB and use Dire Wolves as your battleline instead.

No, it's more like an allies in WW2. Nagash is literally Undead Hitler. It might lead to a far greater evil like Bloody communism but they don't know that now.

That's fair. More bodies would be useful. Cheers.

Crimson Keep is honestly a pretty good place to build towards.

>Are Knights Excelsior easy??
Yeah theyre pretty easy, check out the How To Paint Stormcast guide in the OP mega

Alrighty, so the Khinerai are, well, shit. 1 Wound, 6+ save. The Heartrenders aren't half bad with 2 Damage 2 attacks on the charge, and the Lifetakers are theoretically interesting since they can shoot after dropping, but both of them are way, way overcosted for what they bring to the table.

Blood Stalkers are awkward, given that despite technically being a ranged unit, they're better in melee than at range. Nice as skirmishers, but I'd prefer the Blood Sisters' melee sledgehammer tactics.

this gave me cancer again, thanks

I can see some utility for the Heartrenders as objective grabbers and harassment units, especially against armies with no real shooting. They have to choose between sucking up the Javelin potshots or sending a full unit off to deal with a little 80-point unit. Lifetakers look like garbage and Blood Stalkers are really overpriced though.

>celestial vindicator liberator
>with hammers instead of swords
How disgusting

Can't find a good picture. How much are the Blood Stalkers? I thought they'd be the same as the Sisters, 140 for 5. That would be fine, I suppose, 160 as well, but any more would be trash.

Now that I see the Khinerai are 80 points, Tree Revenants spring to mind and I guess they serve a similar purpose: One-shotting artillery crews.

They're 160 for 5. I don't see why anyone would invest 160 points for five 3+/3+/-1 shots a turn. They just don't do enough damage to justify their price.

And yeah, 80 points for the Khinerai seems okay. I can see units of 10 going after characters as well.

Deepkin fucking when?!

Just went through the Rumour Engines looking for what could be from them and, well, guess this is part of the centerpiece turtle. I'm even more hyped now, god.

CHAOS FUCKING SHITS

That's a fucking octopus, user.

really like the vindicators color scheme

Yeah, if you just shoot with them, they're trash. But their knives are basically a Liberator's worth of damage, too. So if you use them for both melee and range (which you totally can, remember they move 8"), they're fine. The Sisters with three attacks plus 0.5 MWs per model are great too, but the Stalkers can start doing damage from turn 1 with their 24" shots.

Still very awkward unit.

Guess that makes more sense. Hell, if they release a GW quality Octopus I'll buy them in a heartbeat.

Guys should I buy Blasted hallowheart tomorrow or spend the money on units. I cant decide if the cardboard is going to be worth it.

Is there a way to paint them if I don't have white spray and only whitepaint?

>games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-khinerai-heartrenders-en.pdf
>games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls//aos-warscroll-khinerai-lifetakers-en.pdf
glass cannons with no cannon
cant kill shit and die immediately