Just wanna take a moment to thank to every dipshit who brings fifty goddamn dice to the table for a 3 hour...

just wanna take a moment to thank to every dipshit who brings fifty goddamn dice to the table for a 3 hour pencil-and-paper rpg session.

people like this have almost single-handedly kept the industry afloat for the past 30+ years. and just when you thought the well would dry up, companies realized they could make solid metal dice, gimmicky warped ass dice, and novelty dice no one would ever use and these mutants would keep buying them, no questions asked

thank you for keeping gaming alive. who are you thankful for in the gaming community?

Dice are awesome though. I love collecting them, even ones I'll never use. Who doesn't love dice?

People who read rulebooks for fun. I know they exist, because my GM admitted to being one.

No sweat bro. I only bring a select few to the table but I can never have enough.

thank you for your service kevin

I have a small box which holds the dice needed for the current game, and a pencil. I have a little 'dresser' type thing on top of my bookshelf with a lot of little drawers, where I keep my dice. Sub-par dice I don't feel like throwing away but don't care for are in a tin from those danish cookies.

I'll buy the occasional weird dice or nice new colour but I definitely realize it's unnecessary.

I know you’re shitposting right now, but that Kevin guy is legit cool. I have a few sets (only 7) and I can’t imagine the dedication of collecting what he’s amassed. There is something reptilian in the nature of dice collecting. Whether it is their lawful shapes, their gaudy colors, or the seductive gamble it represents.

I mean, call me a sperg but dice are pretty neat.

>he doesn’t have a set of dice for each character class
>he doesn’t have a cube of d6 for high level spell damage and Shadowrun
>he doesn’t have several spare sets to loan to new players while teaching them the game
>he uses a dice roller app like an absolute plebian

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, OP sounds too bitchy for anyone to want to game with him.

cope on, macduff

go play settlers of catan lmbo

Hell yeah, about once a year I just buy one of those cheap bundles of multiple sets so I get like 5 sets for $10. It's cooler than a single good set and it doesn't matter if they're shit quality if i just grab a random die every few rolls

My dice go through a strict series of trials to make it to the bag that I use when playing RPG as a PC. Or as op phrased, the fifty goddamned dice for a 3 hour session. I will call this the Roster Bag since they are on the team and see games regularly. (The smaller red bag)

There is my main collection bag with many dice I have collected over the years. Some silly dice like the catan production dice, dice poker, some sets of the random dice games you got in zip lock bags at RPG shops, dice make from wood, glass, etc. that don't really roll evenly. The whole family. (The big yellow one)

Between the roster and the collection bag lies the intermediary bag where dice which catch my fancy or fare well in the trials from the collection bag wait for a chance to level up. From time to time when my roster needs a breath of fresh air or there is a windfall of betrayers they are booted down to the intermediary bag depending on the severity of their betrayal. Sometimes it is intermediary probation and occasionally it is straight to the collection bag to tell the tales of what happened to the others.

Typically I will roll all my roster dice before playing a game. The preliminary roll will yield who is hot or not for the session and of those, typically the crits or high rolls will be chosen for each dice size and participate in play. The others will remain in the roster bag waiting for a chance in the future or to replace betrayers.

Also pictured are my DM dice in the blue bag which only my hands have touched and only in the position as a dungeon master/storyteller/etc. And that box with the crown royal bag is where I keep my 40k dice. The D6s are a funny lot and I recently had a huge falling out with my oldest sets since getting back into the hobby. I considered throwing them into a river, but gifted them to a friend after explaining what happened.

Please ask me questions about my dice addiction.

All you ever fucking need is a d20 and a d6. The inclusion of a d8 is a luxury but unnecessary.

>just wanna take a moment to thank to every dipshit who brings fifty goddamn dice to the table for a 3 hour pencil-and-paper rpg session.

You're welcome. Nice that somebody appreciates me bailing him out when he """forgets""" his gaming shit for the tenth time in a row. And I don't even mind when you get your greasy unwashed fingers all over everything

I'm seeing a lot of chessex rejects in that pile. I was suckered into buying a pound o dice too. Got a shitton of these ugly orange/white speckled d20s that i have no use for.

D20 and d6.
Retard alert. What about the D100???
What about the commonly used D4?
What about the what should become standard D2? And have you never tried a D30 system???

Fag over here keeping it simple with his one or 2 systems!

A life of necessity alone is simply not worth living

the only people who forget dice are girls. you have never, and will never, play a game with a real girl so get your utilitarian ideals of worth the fuck outta here

dudes with greasy ass fingers are the exact same dudes who collect dice

>Retard alert. What about the D100???
Roll the d20, read the ones place only (counting zero as ten), generating a random number from 1–10; then roll the d20 again (this time counting zero as zero) and multiply by ten, generating a multiple of ten from 00 to 90, add to previous result.

>What about the commonly used D4?
If you only have a d20, 1–5 = 1, 6–10 = 2, 11–15 = 3, 16–20 = 4. (Generating a 1–4 spread is a good reason to keep a d8 as well, but hardly an absolute necessity.)

>What about the what should become standard D2?
All dice are d2s.

>And have you never tried a D30 system???
As above, use the d20 to generate a number from 1–10, then use the d6 as a control die, 1–2 = +0, 3–4 = +10, 5–6 = +20.

If you can math with the mental faculties of a ten year old, you never need more than a d20 and a d6.

That all sounds entirely fucking pointless when you can just buy a dice to do the job more easily and intuitively.

I'm really thankful for how they have a compulsive need to empty their fucking dice bag all over the table every time they need a single fucking d20.

>If you can math with the mental faculties of a ten year old, you never need more than a d20 and a d6.

yes, this. unjustifiable dice hoarding faggatrons BTFO

This is a blatant lie

keep a'coping...

pic related. it you

>a dice
Nobody asked you, Britbong.