>Chad just smiles and asks if anyone can help him
>Both girls go sit next to him and teach him all the rules
>Chad enters the campaign and rolls three natty 20s in a row
>My character ends up getting killed that night
>Chad tried to save me, but couldn't
>Chad stole my women
>Chad stole my d&d character
>Chad stole my life

I'm never showing my face in that game shop ever again.

What's the deal with r9k trying to project their insecurities ?

Well that's not hard to do. The game store never existed, Chad lives in another state from you, and the two women was actually your dog, who went to the funny farm last year.

>>Chad stole my women
>Implying you even had a chance with those girls.

>Attractive guy who takes care of his appearance and can write well and is an ok writer at least came to my LGS. I copped a shitty attitude and gave the girls who thought he was attractive a chance to talk to him

>He played well that night and tried to help me and seemed like a guy, but my insecurities are going to cause me to blame him and hide

God I hate /r9k/

Even more likely.

He's actually gay.

People like Chads because they're genuinely really nice people

It sounds like you're the one with a problem OP

>been a fat awkward NEET my whole life
>decided I need to change
>hit gym, force myself to interact socially, really try to take care of myself
>years and years of struggling
>eventually got fit, looking good, also realize my charisma is pretty good now
>feelsgoodman.jpeg
>missing old NEET lifestyle though
>decide to get into something nerds but sociable, so I don't hit old ruts
>go to LGS, ask about tabletop gaming
>apparently a DnD game is starting in 20 minutes
>store owner asks if I need a premade character
>confidence in NEET skills overtake me, say no thanks and whip up a character profile and backstory
>eventually the other people show up
>talk to the DM, he says all cool and that the owner gave him a heads up, and asks me to explain my character
>give an overview, quite happy with it, then DM asks about the stats
>FUCK.jpeg
>the quiet guy mentions I should've read the manual
>manage to keep hold of spaghetti through years of practice, ask if anyone would mind helping
>everyone else is cool, but quiet guy seems kind of put out
>I think I see what's happening
>cooperate with DM to get character into campaign, game gets going
>having a lot of fun, rolled multiple 20s on the dice, almost everyone is having a good time
>except quiet guy is getting more and more dejected, despite my attempts to draw him into the game
>trying everything short of yelling NEET phrases at him, but nothing's helping
>eventually we reach the climax of the session, massive fight breaks out
>quiet guy almost mindlessly wanders into the thick of it
>shocked, I throw my character in after him, but can't get him out in time
>DM concludes session there
>we all exchange contact information, except quiet guy, who just kind of awkwardly leaves

I hope he turns up next week, I really want to try and help this guy.

Edge lord

Cuck cuck cuck

get an engineering degree

>op is being dumb
>commenters call him out

I love tg.

I live on a greek island and there is no such thing as mini wargaming here and I desperately want to get into the hobby. My standard neckbeard friends only care about vidy and capeshit movies.

I was so excited the first time I bought the 80€ starter set for Bolt Action to play with a friend of mine. He had watched his fair share of WWII stuff (you know, Band of Brothers, Saving Private aRyan etc.) so he was quite happy to try it out. I finally found another would-be player, or so I thought. We assembled the minis, much fun was had aaaaaand...that was it. He tried reading the rules but got bored and he went on his PS4 to play the Division. We never got to play the damn game, I left the box at his house, hoping that he’d be interested in playing another time maybe. That was 4-5 months ago. I’ll stop by his house and get the box and paint the damned things since that’s about the only thing I can do in this in this hobby that I otherwise would have loved.

Meanwhile, I happened upon a Games Workshop store in Dublin (I’m Irish from mum’s side and visited for Xmas) and the tables were full of people playing and enjoying their time. I felt like that fat kid in school who always sat bench.

Anyway, thanks for reading my /r9k/ post, I envy you wargaming fags.

He does have one point though. If chad cant't even read a basic rulebook and needs to be spoonfed everything then he probably isn't going to last long in this hobby anyway.

It's just that barely anyone gives a shit about tabletops in Greece in the first place, and the ones who do don't go to game shops for some reason. I remember going into a game shop and the only games available was call of cthulu and some other game I don't remember despite the store being filled with people. They just used it as a coffee shop.

>coffee shop where you can talk with your mates about the ongoing events of your campaign or plans for hobby expansion
>afterwards you pick up some hobby supplies and maybe share some stories with the staff there
Sounds great my friend.

>Chad shows up because he heard DnD was fun
>has good character but little play experience
>lucky rolls and positive attitude
>you suck
>Chad tries to help but alas he is only human
>run home to bitch about it
10/10 wish I could run a game with Chad in my party.

Even /r9k/ admits that many Chads are legit good guys who will put themselves out there for you. This is the worst kind of grog 'tism

I'll take "things that totally happened" for 2,000, Bob.

Also Chad did nothing wrong

The OP and your comment got me to finally go take a look at r9k after hearing... so much about it.

Holy shit I was not prepared for that level of patheticness. Everything just screams insecurity and blaming everyone for their own problems to an incredible degree.

It might have made me feel a little spark of strength dealing with my own shit, so thanks user.

Any chance you're able to move mainland, or to a more populated country/area?

>what are new players

You really gonna go and overhype /r9k/ like that?

Fuck him first. Establish dominance

take it back to /r9k/ you crybaby

Fine, a couple of Posters in a handful of threads within the cesspool of male tumblr that is /r9k/

I appreciate your correction, thank you.

It's fine to be insecure but at least stop making up stories. Or worse, this actually happened but your insecurities and twisted, /r9k/ view of society corrupted a completely fine event to you, like the idiot's Don Quixote.

>like the idiot's Don Quixote
Pottery in fact.

People who are eager and enthusiastic? Who enjoy learning/reading new things and are willing to put forth the effort to not be a burden on the rest of the group?

>Chad stole my women

You have done that yourself.

>tfw this literally happened to me last year
>tfw that guy never came back

>Comes up with his own sheet
>Rolls well
>Genuinely tries to help other members of the party
>Isn't a murderhobo
>"Oh but he had trouble with the rules and has big muscles and women like him so therefore I hate him"
Fuck you OP you massive faggot. I would love to have Chad at my party anytime.

this fictional dude is better than OPs fictional dude

>women like him so therefore I hate him
Mostly this. The thing about "Chads" is that many of the qualities that women are attracted to in a man are also ones that make him nice to hang around with for other men.

>not making friends with Chad