/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
The biggest avalanche rebellion starts with the first snowball, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2018-02-26 - Still getting worked on & now has 28422 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2018-02-28!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

megamek.org/downloads
sarna.net/wiki/Mad_Cat_Mk_II
sarna.net/wiki/Timber_Wolf
sarna.net/wiki/Clans)
sarna.net/wiki/Inner_Sphere
sarna.net/wiki/Marauder
sarna.net/wiki/Catapult
youtube.com/watch?v=7cufG2Dlxvk
eze33.com/pazan/pazan.htm
twitter.com/BillyHerring777/status/839698138982076416
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

to the user who told me to find a madcat/timberwolf sheet from 3050, its not in that pdf sadly

First for Hanse did nothing wrong.

ok so I found 2 madcat record sheets from rando pdf sites and im confused as shit. is it 75 or 90 tonnage??? how can I tell which is cannonical?

might be the idiot hers...but one of these is a timberwolf. wtf? Some of these sheets are 20 years old and I cant tell which are feal, fan made, or out of date

yeah, this is the one you want

The lower one is for the OG Timber Wolf/Mad Cat, the upper one is for the much later Mad Cat Mk II.

so basically if I can find ANY record sheet for a mech its legal? because im seeing a decent few mechs without record sheets currently

user, is Win10 too complex to let you do a screenshot?

Like what? There's the contents of TRO: Prototypes and some variants in TRO:3150 that don't have sheets, plus TRO: Vehicle Annex. Pretty much anything else has a sheet.

>if I can find ANY record sheet for a mech its legal
Well, I'm not sure about THAT, but those two look legit. Which variant of the Timber Wolf you want?

im just having trouble finding sheets for older mechs like the timberwolf and madcat and these were on seedy sites like fucking "meet up" file share. Im just super new to this and am surprised there isnt a master compendium by now of all the record sheets

user, pls. Go here, and download MegaMekLab, which has all the sheets, if not from a canon source: megamek.org/downloads
Or look in the thread's PDF folders for them.

Press the PRT SCRN key above your Insert Key, then paste into paint and crop as needed

or search for the Snipping Tool, should be standard in Win7 and beyond, lets you crop and screen shot all at once, then lets you save with the push of one button

sarna.net/wiki/Mad_Cat_Mk_II

sarna.net/wiki/Timber_Wolf
This is the one you want, Timber Wolf is a 75 ton mech, developed by a technologically advanced super-faction known as the Clans
(sarna.net/wiki/Clans)

The Less Technologically advanced group (more a region than a Super-faction), the Inner Sphere, is where most of the Battletech Setting is explored
sarna.net/wiki/Inner_Sphere

Inner Sphere Pilots, upon encountering the Timber Wolf for the first time, were completely unfamiliar with the model, as were their targeting computers, The name MadCat is a combination of the identification codes for a Marauder (MAD) and a Catapult (CAT), which Inner Sphere targeting computers would cycle while trying to identify the alien mechs

sarna.net/wiki/Marauder
sarna.net/wiki/Catapult

You should be getting stuff from one of the pdf folders in the the OP.
Also linked in the OP, masterunitlist.info will let you look up a unit and tell you where the RS can be found.

Because reasons.

purple burd waifu when

Are you fourteen or fifty-four?

> No one is using Heavy Metal Plus
I feel old.

But he killed 100 million people

That's clearly their own fault. People had three whole Succession Wars to figure out how to stay out of the way!

Capellans aren't people.

Decided to refine the awful Solitaire scribble I did a year ago.

Dubs of truth

They are too. I play Capllan.

I too play Capellan.

This thread is now claimed as ancestral Liao clay.

So... your women are as fake as that CGI? Figures.

Daily reminder that the Sarna is ancestral LYRAN clay.

Then you aren't people. QED

That's because HMP is 10+ years out of date. SSW is user friendly, but 5+ years out of date, and MML is current, but not user friendly.

What do you mean out of date?
Designs are the same.

In case you haven't been keeping up, there's been plenty of new designs and equipment since then.

Yeah, but it's all Dark age shit, so nobody should really care much.

thisisbait.webm

I mean, going from previous polls... /btg/ is VERY solidly Marik Territory.

Our enemies are only allowed to shitpost here so that we may keep an eye on them.

Rules have also been updated, errata made, shit like that. MML also supports more unit types than SSW. They just recently introduced DropShips into the mix.

Heavy Metal Pro hasn't been updated in 15+ years and requires several fan patches off PrydeRockIndustries to be brought close to what SSW can do- it cannot do BV 2.0, must have separate loaders for "custom" guns (i.e. everything past 3067) and several other details that I forget. The only resource HMP has that is still usable is HeavyMetal Aero, and that is only because nobody has attempted to make one.

I can add them myself from pdf if I would want to play in later historical period.
I use HMP only for printing Record Sheets.

I like her hair

Lovely legs.

Don't know how this was passed over, but that looks really good compared to the older version you did.

And that soon is going to come to an end. MML has just recently added support for DropShips. Once they add capital ships it's game over for HMP.

I was just about to post an updated version because I noticed a few things were a little off

That looks awesome.

Are there any mechs with Hebrew/Jewish-originated names?

Thinking of making a Space Israeli themed merc company.

There's Golem battle armor.

>Golem isn't in the browser dictionary
>suggests goggle
What fresh hell is this?

Space Jews are clanners, bro.

I know the joke, I mean like actual Jewish names.

Diamond Sharks are my main Clan though.

>purple burd waifu when

Were you not here last thread?

Samus rolls into a ball and turns into an Urbie.
Use the freeze beam on the Mad Cat, Samus!
Use the plasma beam on the Atlas!

Clan Coyote is Jewish. Yes, they aren't the merchant one, Battletech is unrealistic.

Quite frankly, the naming conventions have been English names of weapons, soldiers, animals and mythic stuff outside a few drac designs until Xin Sheng, and then it's just that but in whatever google translate thing for a state language right behind English. So Chinese for the Caps, German for the Lyrans, Japanese for the Dracs. There's no Jewish state so there's no Jewish mechs. The Golem exists for the mythic reference mainly.

Just grab a bunch of Toros and paint an extra line on the second o.

I thought it was Native American.

Try Merkava tanks and mechs built on Robinson and Donegal

I like it, but I think the circular LL, and protruding MLs were a pretty iconic part of the design. Still good though.

I remember some old jokes about Coyotes being Jewish in the community, but forgot what is Jewish about them exactly. Maybe their bloodnames sound funny.

I for one welcome our new purple burd overlords.

You could try some of the Word of Blake celestial series.

They're bad guys just like Israel is.

Who is ready for Kentares 2.0
youtube.com/watch?v=7cufG2Dlxvk

There is Zion. Don't know what they make there if anything.

Most clans have a mix.

The only actually Jewish Clanner I can think of is the guy who founded the Goliath Scorpions. His name sounded pretty Jewish and he quoted the Talmud at least once. I think they still have one or two Jewish bloodnames

So what is all your favorite Purple Burd State? Regiment? Mech?

Marik Commonwealth or Principality of Regulus, Marik Guard and 1st Regulan Hussars, and the Awesome.

I'm kinda of imitating the Mechwarrior online style, so I compromised between the two. Gave them ellipse-shaped, elongated barrels on what I tried to make look like rotating and pivoting motorized mounts.

question /btg/. my merc company in mekhq is doing a huge ritual of adoption wit the wolves because i found out you could join a faction and 75% of my mechwarriors are clanners i captured. i did ten batchalls to and one of two losses was one of my star commanders. one of his subordinates won their batchall (in spectacular fashion too, 2v1 summoner vs two summoners so i could balance the BVs, double ER peep engine kills in the same turn), so would this qualify for a demotion to the star cmdr? trial of position maybe? its all fluffy bullshit that im not totally familiar with but i thought it would be cool to do.

>Gief 3050 counters plox
Well, I know they exist, because I have a punched sheet in my archives (pic related). It's got everything from TRO3050, as well as Elementals and faction labels. Sadly, I don't have a scanner anymore or I'd clean up and upload 'em for you like I did with the 4e stuff back in the day. That said, I'll see if I can scrounge up some scanner time around town; the guys at the Makerspace might still have a 2D scanner.

Going through my stuff, I also have a 3025-era counterpack with names and model numbers, and a just-post-Battledroids pack with no labels at all and really sloppy art. I suspect it's from the 2e boxed set, but I can't be sure since inherited that one (and some cut-up record sheet booklets) in a big fuck-off ziplock of shit from a grog who was quitting over ClickTech.

>so would this qualify for a demotion to the star cmdr?
Potentially - it depends on internal politics.

Normally with a ToP, your number of kills and chosen odds reflect your future position, but not your specific placement. If you're creating a new unit, or this is a first Trial of Position, it's proof that the newbie is worth watchng, but not necessarily commanding a Star. It'd definitely open the way for the newguy to Trial into a lateral promotion in another Star, however.

If the Trial is just jockeying for a slot in the current Star, >and< your Commander is on the outs with the Colonel/not Bloodnamed, then yeah, he could easily get demoted. The current Commander is able to announce a Trial of Refusal - but it'd make him look like a little bitch, and if he lost >that< it'd be Solhama time. Alternately, current SCdr can try to Trial himself into another Star (see lateral promotion, above).

Usually a "pure luck" set of kills like that will be seen as a signal to watch the kid in the future, but not really a mark of skill.

(remainder of 2e countersheet)

It's more of string of losses and being bad boss in general that gets Clan Leaders removed from their position. Sure there some cases which piss high enough people. Like that loss of entire Cluster that got entire Bloodname of the CO shamed. But It usually needs to be that level. On the other hand if the subordinate thinks he can make a better leader he can challenge the Star Commander to a Trial of Position, but even then the loss would have needed to be near catastrophical.

I've got a fan unit based on the IDF.

Let me know what you think:

eze33.com/pazan/pazan.htm

Yeah, I see it now that you mention it. Still not a huge fan, but you definitely made it work. Speaking of, have you thought about doing a quad mech?

>quad mech

which is one that looks like it needs a redraw the most?

The product you're looking for is Reinforcements 2

Definitely the Bishamon. But I would say no to a redraw for the OG Goliath.

One of the Flames or the Barghest

It's like I just stepped into a time warp back to 2004

Gotta disagree, I think the OG Goliath could use it, and the Flames and Barghest I rather like,

I'd say the OG scorpion it looks just silly, but not in a charming way.

I can't if you're baiting or just have taste that bad.

The original goliath and scorpion look like literal walking tanks. They're fantastic quads. It's the zoid animal totems and ones with nonsense back legs that need a good restructuring.

Meant to say wouldn't say no to an OG Goliath. But that's just because I fucking love that mech and think it deserves as much love as possible. is right though. The OG quads are great and don't really need work.

I guess the later :(

I don't think the animal totem ones are good looking, but I think they are flashy, and that in fluff was intended.

I get what you are saying, but they feel so boring even if not 2edgy4u look.

I don't like em, but they make sense, if you can get what I'm trying to convey.

In ways the first quads do but they kinda feel dull as well as play it.

Well the Lyrans are supposed to be pretty damn Jewish.

Anduriens, but I got outvoted when we were creating our current unit, which is why we're Silver Hawk

KOTIS

Stalker or Awesome.

some extra information - both of them are bloodnamed, but the subordinate has been almost unreasonably successful in the last two campaigns we've been on, outpacing the rest of her star enormously. currently her kill count over those last two stands at 41, with the rest of her star averaging 18-24. i posted a thread or two ago about her going ace in a day against dracs with a handful of peep headshots.

the star commander has been decent but not spectacular and nearly lost his executioner to a drac panther that ended up behind him and was a crit away from nuking his engine. on the other hand, he fought a pair of fedcom traitors in double atlases and killed them both without taking more than a few points of armor damage.

the rest of my stars are already filled and im not super keen on building another binary or trinary, considering i dont have any spare mechwarriors nor very much spare equipment.

i figured that the subordinate might challenge her superior to a ToP, but im not 100% on if thats a good idea or not.

Quick doodle of the Bishamon. Hopefully you can see the direction I would take with it.

Nice.
What do you think about doing a penthselia?

Nice, already much better than the tall noodle legs.

That actually looks nice, unlike the actual Bishamon.

Needs shins about twice as long. Remember, quads are still two levels tall. They can hunker down to level one, but mediums and lights especially should have longer legs compared to the body. You don't need to go full daddy longlegs like the original but this is far too squat. Also, give her a bit of the old beak back. Right now you could almost mistake the sketch for a Xanthos variant with unfucked knees.

RIP Gym Boss commander

would you dare refuse his batchall?

Gave it slightly longer thighs and shins.

Gave it like, 10-15% length to thighs and shins. To my eye it now looks like it could bring its legs closer together and stretch them straight to achieve eye-level with a Banshee.

twitter.com/BillyHerring777/status/839698138982076416

It looks like a battlemech pokmone, that kills EVERYTHING.

>looks up what he does for the first time
>always saw his pics used on /b/ and stuff
>gay pron
Yeap, he's a clanner. Haha

Better, but I'd probably focus more on the shins than the thighs. Remember these things gallop like a horse or leap like a rabbit at a run. They don't skitter like actual bugs. So longer shins get you more leverage like they do on the biped models.

Not bad. I have to say I hate the original Bishamon, but this looks much more palatable. I'll toss in a vote for the Tarantula or Scorpion next; the former needs beefier legs and a smaller torso, and the latter needs its Reseen version unfucked; I'd base any redraw you do on the Reseen to try and spruce that up since it's actually not bad except for the PPC placement.

What's everyone's favorite
>Light
>Medium
>Heavy
>Assault

How well would your four favorites work as a Lance?