RUMOR: Hasbro has let go of WoTC, effective May 4th, 2018. Dominaria will be Magic's last set...

RUMOR: Hasbro has let go of WoTC, effective May 4th, 2018. Dominaria will be Magic's last set, and Core Set 2019 will not be released. WoTC was informed of this months ago, and designed Masters 25 and Dominaria at the last minute to "wrap everything up".

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/How-will-Magic-the-Gathering-finally-die
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FACT: You're an idiot.

This actually makes sense. But the way they are going about it is messed up. Juicing their playerbase with $10 Masters packs with little to no value, attacking their playerbase, and destroying card quality. One last giant cash grab before they die.

>WoTC was informed of this months ago
>designed Masters 25 and Dominaria at the last minute to "wrap everything up"
The fact that you understand this little about the art commissioning process shows that this "rumor" is literally you making shit up and trying to get it to stick.

Oh yeah, and the player base is down 50% too right?

Mmhmm, and that's why they went through the legal hassle of GDS3 and are still hiring people for Magic specifically both on the Hasbro global careers site and the Wizards specific, right? So players don't find out that Magic will be shut down? Must suck to be one of those poor fags hired just one week before losing your job.

ye, and they're still developing and updating mtgarena just to keep everyone misinformed.

It's all because of the poor quality card stock and the curling foils

But if magic died, user, you wouldn't have anything to shitpost about.

If it's true they may be doing it to kill the brand so that Hasbro can't resurrect it in a couple of years.

The GB Flying, Vigilance question was meant to cut off every candidate. Someone messed up and everyone who got to next step will be eliminated. Talk about drama.

Next time you shitpost, could you please stick "mtg" in the title so my filters can work properly? Thanks.

source?

Just because the games dying, doesn't mean Hasbro dropped them. Plus someone would pick up a company of Wizards level and then jew the playerbase even worse.

Also: Hi Desolator, what RTS are you always playing in your video games?

Yea someone dig for this kind of thing

Fact : Hasbro isn't EA

He is busy beatings bots with his op rews

quora.com/How-will-Magic-the-Gathering-finally-die

I'll laugh if it does, the only way to save it is a influx of normalfags like happened to comic and how yugioh and pokemon is, lots of normies.

RUMOR: OP is a faggot

>Rumor

That question was easy as fuck as long as you actually read it. But fuck reading comprehension, amirite?

It only makes sense to you because you are a don't who can be convinced of anything

>the only way to save mtg is an influx of new players
>the only way to save d&d is an influx of new players
>the only way to save Europe/ the USA is hordes of brown refugees
Can we please stop listening to these lies, Veeky Forums? Wizards of the Coast is using its dedicated faithful fans as tools to bring about their own demise. Don't help them. Stop bringing in new people unless you can trust them. Stop aiding and abetting this low-effort trashy type of gaming that is soulless and devoid of creativity. Stop listening to moronic fucks who think that the hobby will "die" if we don't bring in loads of new players, they are just like the idiots who think X country will "die" without 2 million refugees a year. It's a stupid argument. RPGs have lasted for over 30 years without this kind of stupidity, they aren't going to "die." When they say "die," they mean "won't have large enough fanbase for us to make massive profits off of this" which was never and should never have been the motivation behind an RPG content creator in the first place. You are fighting on behalf of giant corporations who care only for numbers and could not give less of a fuck about you or the quality of game (except insofar as it helps them get more sales.)

The hobby is not dying, it will never die. Stop believing the lies.

I concur with your statement about it not dying, but why in the hell would you bring political bullshit into your post? Nobody asked for it.

>multimillion dollar industry
>already infested with politically correct design and community rules
>"Why would you bring politics into my hobby user"
Absolutely clueless.

Even if hasbro dropped magic....they would be selling it to another company. and wizards would continue to make it just under someone else instead. Quality may drop more under new owners....or it may even improve, but that'd be something to see when it happens. Magic would never just suddenly die unless all the players at once decided to stop spending money which won't happen. Scare tactics and trolls are dumb trying to rile people up and look cool getting replies in their stupid thread, but look. you got me to reply to hopefully stop actually dumb people from believing it so bravo.

this is the stupidest fucking rumor ever and if you even slightly believe it you are too stupid to live.

>the only way to save Europe/ the USA is hordes of brown refugees
>they are just like the idiots who think X country will "die" without 2 million refugees a year.
You could of used other examples, such as the D&D you talked about, but instead you go to refugees. Europe can't stop the refugees because the fuckers can cross the Mediterranean sea, go through Turkey into the Balkans, or go through Spain. Happened multiple times through history, and it'll keep happening until all the humans in that area are dead or the Mediterranean sea grows to the size of the Atlantic ocean. If you live in America, than worrying about refugees is fucking stupid as shit. The most refugees that America has except in any year was 84,995, which is drop in the bucket compared to the 2 million you talk about. Also, the states don't keep the refugees together like the Europeans, so they assimilate into American culture faster and less likely to cause problems. They're not going to come in boat loads like what's happening to Europe. This is the last (You) you get from me.

>Europe can't stop the refugees because the fuckers can cross the Mediterranean sea, go through Turkey into the Balkans, or go through Spain.
Poland and Hungary managed to do something about it.

I did say I'm not going to give you a (You) and I was done with the conversation. You want to keep talking politics, go to and have fun bucko.

Not that guy, but you are making his case for him with this post. Hasbro wants that hearthstone money. Badly.

You know WOTC does more than magic, right? This would require there to be some kind of shutdown coming for DnD and all their associated products as well.

If Hasbro let go of WOTC, it wouldn't be a rumor. It would be a noticeable splash in the financial world and quickly followed by WOTC shopping around for new investors. Possibly even less shit investors.

Rudy pls

[citation needed]

Jesus Christ... this place used to be fun.

Isn't MTG Hasbro's second most lucrative product behind Nerf? Why would they cancel it because of a rough patch?

"top 3% of scorers will move on to the next round"

>everyone fails question
>top 3% of scorers still move on to the next round

this is such bad bait
1/10 got me to respond

If Magic was really doing the first fucking thing they would do is reprint the power 9 for a cash grab.

Look at what happened to big box retailers lol.

Oh well time to planeswalk to another reality

Jesus i wish.

Wizards of the Communism need to be sold to some company that fires their top 10% and forces them to produce product that sells again.

>bumping a dead thread on page 10
But yes, this is a correct statement. You'll know the death of magic from a few things:

>no reserved list
>massive influx of quality reprints, one after another
>no effort for standard to be a thing
>a bunch of random leaked insider stories

Let's be real, if someone said "here, have a black lotus for $500, and we'll also throw in a bunch of reserve list reprints for free", the product would be hoarded so fucking hard it'd be worth $30,000.

That's just the symptoms of hiring neocommunists, user. It's exactly like how you'd start getting a ton of shitty results if you hired a bunch of christians.

God, that would be so good.

If Magic was really dying the first thing that would happen would be WotC stocks for sale on WS.
Stockholders are not gonna stay for the sale, they're /out/ at the first sniff of (self-inflicted) trouble in paradise.

>politicizing a game is bad
>politicizes said game
really makes you think

What was the question?

>shit that isn't gonna happen

Maybe I'm just dumb, but as a turbo casual, a 4/4 with Flying and Vigilance isn't remotely G/B, and the idea that WotC has such little regard for the color pie is pretty disheartening.

Paraphrasing.
>Dual color creatures where one of the two colors could conceivably suffice are bad.
>What color pairing should a 4/4 Flying Vigilant Creature fall under?

What rarity are we talking here? If it's rare, like a dragon, I could see it be Red/White, since red gets flying Dragons at rare and sometimes uncommon and White gets vigilance. Green/White could work too, Green for the size, and white for the abilities. How the hell does Black make any sense?

Apparently White is automatically discarded since White can have Flying and Vigilance, and if you disgree with G/B as a reasonable answer then MaRo thinks you're a retard.

>Shitty transformers card game just came out
>Hasbro let WotC go

Just...

QUESTION: What's this 8ch-ass-clickbait shit?

Man, if only Black had a tribe known for having wings and mid-range bodies. Without it, this question is fiendishly difficult.

It's worth noting that it was a multiple choice question, and there were no Red options.

And the set-up for the question established that G/W wouldn't work because a 4/4 Flying Vigilance doesn't NEED Green.

Using the trick that "White can't be used", the options were UB and GB.

And Blue hasn't gotten Vigilance without White or Green for Decades. (not counting Planar Chaos, which is still at least ONE decade)

So it's a "there are no good options here, which is the least wrong, given this other rule"?

How was the question worded?

So, again, it's in a Multiple Choice test.

The Question, and possible answers are:

We try to avoid making two-color cards where the card could be done as a monocolor card in one of the two colors. Given that, suppose you have a two-color 4/4 creature with flying and vigilance (and no other abilities). What of the following color combinations would be the best choice for this card?

White-blue
White-black
Green-white
Blue-black
Black-green

Green black just seems like the biggest fucking stretch for something like that, but I guess if you're excluding white then it has to be that, UB is much more crazier than GB.
What I hate is that it's probably a scenario that'll never come up in reality.

It could be made to work.

Make it a "Plant Demon", and give it some flavor text about it never resting, never stopping, until it's found it's prey, wherever they flee.

I'd personally add another ability that's a little more GB to soften the sting as well, but c'est la vie.

>Slavic subhumans doing somthing
German way of using them as cheap labour is the right way m8

It's actually kind of an interesting design, because it's taking secondary/tertiary abilities from both colors and putting them together to make some kind of double tertiary secondary abomination, that TECHNICALLY still fits the color pie.

I can sorta see the question but it's a damn weird one. Since it's 'So we'd never do this but if we DID...' Black-Green is the right choice because literally every other colour combination would be a better overall choice but you're looking for stuff where it couldn't naturally flow in those colours (And blue gets vigilance only slightly less than green and is flying happy so white and blue need to both be removed).

How is this fucking garbage bait thread still up?

>this is still up

Only because you fucks keep bumping it.