Drawthread!

Drawthreads are the best edition

>>>RULESReminder that nobody is entitled to a delivery under any circumstances within these threads.
>Ignore the bait, you're better than this
>Stay on topic

Artists and Artists-to-Be:
>Feel free to drop your tumblrs/websites/commission/etc information, but:
>If you're dropping your commission info, consider filling a request beforehand instead of just advertising

Books and Tutorials:
>mega.co.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA
>dropbox.com/s/kno4yv719g88pol/Tutorials.zip?dl=0

Figure Drawing:
>quickposes.com/pages/random

Beginners Guide to Drawing:
>archive.is/GNIq1

The w/ic/i art Guide:
>sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/2gd2STUd
bored-drawfriend.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anchor

Requesting a futuristic soviet soldier with a hammer and sickle armband on his left arm. Id like him post upright standing at attention saluting with his weapon on the ground at his side

Anchoring this for the Drawfriend who's working on it while also getting over being sick and doing work, get well soon man.

Can I get Nagash from Warhammer in the outfit of Brook (soul king) from One Piece
A bonus would be him on a stage with a skeleton band behind him

Request for a Sea Elf Paladin character I play in a weekly IRL 5E game. The art ref is from The Art of He-man which is an amazing art book.

Armour and clothing is as is other than the following: Greek sandals (if these are too much a pain in the ass skip), Greaves (shin guards) should cover knee, He is armed with a xiphos leaf shaped Greek sword, Round shield with Octopus heraldry, scabbard hangs on a strap bisecting chest. Sea elfs skin is bronzed in this homebrew campaign setting. Hair is black and curly. They are basically Ancient Greeks or Phoenicians.

Thank you for considering my request drawfags.

Anchoring Griffon, with the request pasted below just in case the artist loses it or something!

Kindly requesting a Griffon, with the feather parts pure white, silver beak and claws, with a pale purple lion half and bird legs
Also, can't decide whether to have blank white eyes with black outlines or blank gold eyes with black outlines, whichever you feel suits it best!
Saddle and barding optional but appreciated!

Revamped my Kestrel (Half-Harpy, Half-Halfling) request! She's a bard. Pose can be whatever, but preferably facing the camera, looking chirpy as ever.

Anchoring

Requesting a drawing of my Spellblade Sorcerer fighting a Dweomercat in any outfit you like! You could also have him posing if that's easier/you prefer it.

Swords & Wizardry Kids party. We are in the homestretch now amigos!

Requesting a major antagonist for an upcoming campaign
He used to be a king who also filled the role of kingdom excecutioner before getting possessed by a parasite and becoming an almost unostoppable and monstruous husk.
He is wearing a torned up robe along with a black burlap sack and a rusted crown. There seems to be various bump protuding from the inside of the sack.
He is quite imposing and is wielding a axe similar to pic 1 (albeit a bit more proportionate); the axe is covered in fleshy corrupted bits and tentacles from the parasite.
A huge parasite is coming out of his chest, don't hesitate to go wild on the body horror, something similar to The Thing would be nice
thanks

Reposting CoC northern guy from the 80's

Requesting another creature concept for my project, this time I'd like to see a modern rendition of this ancient depiction of the Yeti as a beast man rather than a wild man, so more like a werewolf than a bigfoot. So it's a brown furred werecreature with black stripes.

>I’d like him post upright standing at attention saluting with his weapon on the ground at his side

Christ on a crutch kid you don’t salute with your weapon on the ground! This is how you salute with a rifle.

If you just want the rifle by his side that is called order arms.

Requesting Graceful Charity chugging beer from Pot (or Barrel) of Greed. Bonus if there are other monsters cheering her on and/or Greed looks terrified or happy.

Hello! Have a bump/repost!

I found this image and was immediately inspired for a plot important fire elemental

The gist of what I need is a drawing of this, but it looks a lot more like an Asian girl in a robe or cloak like garment, holding a rose. The rose should look like a separate object from the fire, but not burning. Of course, the head is going to look like it is on fire, but the entirety of the girl should look like an image made from the fire.

I think i’ve Seen bits of this before...

Did you modify your request?

Yes, I put some different clothing examples & poses in the request, so if a draw friend wanted him in a different outfit it would be open for them to change it. I also put an option for them to have some action, for those who would prefer him to do something rather than just posing.

Re-requesting a monster hunting character with a dark brown hat and jacket and has blue eyes. He's armed with a greatsword carried on his right side and on his left side a magnum and has two kukri machetes on his back. He has similar facial hair as the werewolf pic and he has a hunting knife in a holster on his chest rather than on the holster containing his gun and sword.

Requesting a drawing of my Tiefling Wizard his Dwarven wife and Half-Tiefling-Dwarven daughter.

Feel free to have them do whatever you feel would be appropriate or is comfortable for you. Also, the daughter might have darker or lighter skin, tail, and darker horns than what's shown in the picture so feel free to adjust to better suit what looks best to you, I put some wholesome pictures in for references. Also, the daughter and wife lack beards in the setting these guys are in. Thank you in advance!

Requesting a drawing of a magic item in my game. Its pretty much an Iron Man, Warforged suit that is visually inspired by the Songbird from Bioshock. The suit does not have wings, it flies around with magical force repulsors instead.

Requesting my Drider (Drow) Priestess.

Backstory: She was a follower of Vhaeraun, a masked traitor, that infiltrated Lolth's clergy. After much deceit and backstabbing she rose in the ranks of the church. When it came time to be tested by Lolth, her guise was seen through, and for her treachery she was tortured and cursed. It is only by Vhaeraun's intervention that she was spared complete transformation. The rest of her cell was slaughtered; only she was able to escape to the surface.

Notable features: Six arms (mutated anatomy), extra clavicles and pectorals, iridescent skin, one eye made spider-like, razor claws, and a shaven head except for a long braid at the back.

Clothes are bondage-like underneath a hooded cloak. The straps mostly serve to hold an array of curved daggers more so than they do to cover. The cloak is lined with sharp tools fastened by spider silk. She wears a golden mask and wraps to hide her disfigured face.

Thanks for stopping by.

I have seen some full retard requests before but user

This is *full* retard

I'd be really happy if someone could draw my barbarian character. Something like the dude in the middle, Ottermode, p. young, in the clothes like the ones in upper right, with a floofy Lynx pelt over his shoulders.
Taken as a youngster by Fae folk, he was trapped in a forest with all matter of beasts who he had to hunt/be hunted by for their entertainment. After escaping, he thought only couple months at most had passed, but really he had grown several years physically and over a hudnred years had passed in the real world, leaving him traumatized and fearful of the Fae as their "pet" and as mentally younger than his real age.
Thanks in advance!

Edit request;
Might someone change his ear from elf to human.

I guess we'll know for sure if an artist likes the idea or doesn't.

You seem a bit on edge user. Maybe you should take a break.

I rolled up a character for an upcoming DnD game (2e) and I ended up with a Gallant Bard. The setting is a pseudo-16th century Britannia and I'm imagining a very LOVE AND ROMANCE! type knight.

Reference pictures 1 and 2 are for the face. I would like him to be offensively pretty. Long, blond pretty princess hair, soft features, the works.

We are just starting out so my equipment isn't great. He has splint mail (picture 3), with some sort of period-era clothing underneath. Pictures 4 and 5 are examples, but I'm open to whatever artistic interpretation you are willing to draw.

Fencing is a popular sport among the lords and knights, using basket-hilt broad swords (picture 6) and bucklers (pictures 7 and 8). He could be holding them or just have them on him.

To evoke a classical era look I think a simple contrapposto stance (picture 9) is appropriate and a warm pastel pallet (picture 10).

Everything is just a suggestion and I would be happy to see any spin on that framework. Please and thank you in advance!

Requesting my arctic rabbit skinwalker Alice in her hybrid form (mix between humanoid and were-ancestor) if possible.
She is from a pretty cold region with tundra's and whatnot, and she is gonna be a rouge

Whenever she plans to shift, she puts her hood up and tries her best to keep it a bit hushed, while being secretly proud of her heritage. She has a pair of long floppy ears poking out and hanging behind her from the holes on the hood.
Her eyes are a albino red, meanwhile her hair and complexion is white.
Im not a fan of the scanty clothes, as she DOES live in the cold, i was hoping for some sort of light fur armor? She does run barefooted though.
Whenever she shifts, her legs become digitigrade, and her arms/feet become a bit fuzzy.
Aside from the rest on this huge order, she uses a rapier she got from her parents, and might have a little bunny tail, and slight buckteeth.
Thank you for your time!

requesting my Elf Bard with his lion mouthed trumpet.

Requesting an android soldier who's weapons of choice are two plasma swords. Feel free to change anything you want, I can expand on something if needed. Thanks amigos.

requesting a tiefling ninja

is it just me or did requests get twice as complicated between last thread and now

But I simplified my request and made things less complicated.

requesting an avariel elf girl (elf with bird wings on its back), looking about the equivalent of 17-25 in human years, with short black hair and brown eyes. any pose or outfit is good but the character's class is a monk. thank you! feel free to make the wings like those of any bird of your choice

then gee I'm probably not talking about you

Why, hello there!
Reposting my request from last thread:

Requesting a latino cyberpunkish ronin samurai.
>Face and hairstyle of pic rel, bonus points for Awkward smile.
>His body should consist of the body suit in pic rel with traditional looking samurai shoulderpads and maybe the skirt thingy.
>Sword Visibly taditional. If visible, the sheath should look modern
>Any pose will do as long as the face is visible.Bonus points for having the sword visible as well.

Show me a good time, Jack!

Entitlement never dies, user.

Isn't the whole point of these threads 'entitlement'? We're all expecting to get free art.

All entitlement is not the same.

I uh, well, okay.

Requesting Billy Herington as an Angel
Just that an angel. RIP

/r/ing a half-elf wizard based on Vinny from Atlantis, with an octopus familiar.

Yes, but it's done by different artists with varying skills and amount of time spent.

Inb4 art is subjective: I'll argue that successfully drawing something compelling requires a level of reflection and looking at other art to bring together necessary elements.

Drawing something compelling AND realistic, to boot, requires skills which aren't that easily obtained.

Doing simple stuff without complex shading, anatomical forms and planes generally takes (much) less time and skill. One could say 'but it's stylized'. As I see it, said style often comes from random decisions on artist's part. And they might not really work together i the context of what requester wanted, but they do represent (as any picture would) some vision of the character.

Could someone draw my Zenith please?
Think typical mandarin/ fu manchu looking guy in simple green robes, but with an elegantly mechanical left leg and arm. The left arm is bulky (think Doomfist) and has a pile bunker weapon on top of it like in the top right ref.
Funky combat pose would be appreciated, but whatever goes.

Thanks in advance drawfags!

and what meant to say, I think, is that amount of elements in a 'complex' request where people attach kazillion of objects and request a certain character in a certain mood, say -- makes it a pretty hard task even for a skilled artist. Unlike a simple request with artistic freedom. The amount of elements also implies you can't just skip them, it's somehow important to the character (I guess?). Sometimes these elements in references don't really make any sense, so the requester (IMO) just robs him/herself of deliveries by posting walls of text.

So yeah, entitlement's not the same.

Thanks for the anchor, my dude.

I'd like to request two random requests from this thread fighting to the death.

I dont think you realize how lowkey nice that request actually is

Well it's settled. Angel Billy Herrington fighting a cyborg Latino samurai

Hello Drawfriends, cleaned up last thread's request >Tiefling, with ram-like horns and any tail.
Devil arm(left), obviously different from the body (creative as you like), but small enough to be hidden by a cloak. Original was ripped off by demon.
Full armor (leather or woven) sans helmet.
Ranger armed with bow made of left arm's bone.
Normal looking cloak made of middle right monster (maybe sneak in some of its features?)
Mask maybe?
Ambiguous gender. Not magical realm, just wanna add an extra layer of interest

My creative offering in exchange (read at own risk, it's long, and MIGHT add to the character): pastebin.com/2gd2STUd

Thank you in advance!

Reposting

Requesting a Sidereal character of mine from Exalted. He’s a chosen of secrets who never reveals his face. The main pic on the left captures it very well, I’d just like it if the following changes could be made. Not sure what to call them, but the sort of flaps/cloak bottoms extending from the waist (colored a deep, emerald green with golden highlights), I almost want to call it a skirt but I don’t think that’s accurate, not sure what the proper term is. Moving on, he also has a hood like the middle right pic, coming up from a small fabric covering that drapes over his shoulders and down to a point on the small of his back, but doesn’t come over his chest at all. It shares the same color scheme as lower half counterparts, though the inside is silver mixed with the same green as highlights. Moving on to the last main changes, the bow for the instrument is actually a daiklave (a sort of large magic sword for those who aren’t familiar) made of starsteel. Visually, this makes it a sort of slimmer, though still curved version of the scimitar in the top right. The curved section is filled out with thin strings that serve the bow function. The metal would appear darker than normal steel, with flecks of white or silver in it that make it resemble the night sky to some degree. The strings don’t share the same effect, though mostly just due to them being too thin to visibly show up the same. The cross guard and pommel are colored gold, while the hilt is a slightly brighter shade of green than was used for the rest. The instrument is just an instrument, there isn’t really anything abnormal to it.

Appreciated but not major would be the Caste mark flashing, along with glowing irises visible through the mask holes, both, you guessed it, shining, vivid green. I’ll probably include the caste mark in a bump post whenever I make one

Since this is the third time I’ve reposted and no one’s shown much interest, can I ask what’s off putting

Well, me being a dumbass and forgetting the pic may not be the best, that’s for sure

Anchoring Thri-Kreen wizard!

Understandable have a good day

For real though whats the general line between not detailed enough and “get your shit out of my face”

Requesting art of a nymph and fairy.

The nymph looks similar to Gardevoir from Pokémon, same skin color and same hair shape, but without the chest spike. The nymph’s dress looks like it’s made of flower petals, the petals being the same as the white and yellow flower on the left. The nymph has the pink flower on the right in her hair and her hair color is the same as the yellow on the white and yellow flower.

It’s fine if the fairy is just the same as the orange guy in the top right, just with the same color pallet as the white and yellow flower on the left (and the nymph’s dress).

For the poses, I’d like for them both to be dizzy/dazed with anime style swirly eyes. The nymph teetering/dizzy like the character in the image in the bottom left, and the nymph sitting down like he character in the image in the bottom right.

Please tell me if this is too complicated and I’ll attempt to make it more do-able.

Not an artist, but here's a suggestion:
Don't mention colors unless they're essential to your idea, and even then, limit yourself to two. Same with materials.
The picture you post should speak about your desire the most. The text is for creative details.
Pose detail should be in the picture. Else, describe it in one sentence at most, and try to make it natural (sitting cross-legged, not trying to shoot a bow with his toes).
That's not to say you should make it bland, 'cause then you might as well Google the picture. Give the Drawfriends something interesting that they can add their personal touches to, it's theirs as much as it is yours.

Hope I wasn't overbearing.

Requesting a tribal shaman who dresses warmly, decked out from head to toe in the fur of various deer and rabbits. He also wears a thick fur cloak made from the hide of a bear, reaching down to about his ankles. The cloak is big enough for him to wrap himself in should the situation call for it. He carries a staff roughly the same height as himself, give or take a foot or so, crafted from a bunch of deer femurs that have been magically fused together to create a smooth pole shape. On his head, he wears the skull of a deer, obscuring the entirety of his face.

By the standards of fairly pacifistic religious men, he's actually rather well-built. He's no body-builder by any stretch of the word, but he's lean enough to whack people over the head pretty hard with his staff.

Here's where I'm at before I sleep. Need to fix up the left hand and get the cloak to match the ref more, but let me know what you think.

have a sketch

i used the old description collage of yours so the clothing is a bit different.

also, i just felt that it'd be nice if she plays mandolin. there isn't any info on what instrument she plays so i took some liberty

hopefully it meets your satisfaction to some degree.

Thanks bro, I'm working on it.

Jelly, I wanted to draw that one.

Requesting this post-apocalyptic former Raider guy for a Fallout game I'm in.

not or, but this is neato!
do you have some media you post on? an online handle?

Thanks a ton, m8.
I can try and figure something out for colors.
is that a photo, though?
it doesn't look scanned or digital

Most of what I said is really superflous, just fluff or inspiration, so eh on that.

This is a well-made request image and you've been posting for a while now. Here's a WIP.

Oh, sweet dude! Thanks a ton, can't wait to see the final piece!

Anchoring the clown dragon from a couple threads ago, if that artist is still around.

Can someone give my Tzimisce character a shot at designing? I know it's not much, I can try to give more details if necessary.

Wow, this is fantastic. And you can leave the cloak as you've drawn it, actually. I like what you've got a lot more than the one in the ref. Anyways, I love it already! Keep up the good work.

Bumping for any progress updates. Also want to say thanks again, drawfriend. Sonata’s lookin’ great.

Anyone like mechas? I'm playing a warforged fighter named WAR-13R. Basically I'd just like the gundam to be drawn, but the left seemed like fun inspiration! Preferred weapon is a good ol' fashioned greatsword.

Requesting an orc wearing a leather jacket and a mongol hat.
Thank you for your attention

Requesting a happy go lucky godess of luck and games.
She is wearing a multicoloured dress, I got some example but don't hesitate to make your own design, as long as its colourful or with different patterns if you draw in B&W
She is holding some dices and cards One of her symbol (and also one of the way she manifest herself to the lucky and those down on their luck) is a small crystal jumping spider so I would like one to be visible on her shoulder or anywhere else.
Thanks

Requesting Torchstar riding her flamer

l-lewd!

or maybe gorging herself on space curry?

>no heals

DEAL BREAKER

Ah, she's a singer, but I think that she'd have probably picked up how to play various other instruments, too. Thanks, user..

Old fisherman complete.
I always post deliveries on my DA in case ORs miss them: bored-drawfriend.deviantart.com/

Working on next.

Commissions US$10 for a piece like pic related.

Armored short nosed bear boi

Requesting a pirate who has the power to manipulate glass, maybe even shapeshift body parts into glass. Always seen downing a bottle of booze just before a fight, then smashing the bottle, and using the broken handle and the shards as weapons.

Migrating Request

Finish him

But user, you've already posted an angel.

I'd like to request my clockmaker tech priest:

>Clad in practical clothes with a mechanicus overcoat
>The mask bears magnifying lenses
>His main armament is a long power sword in the form of a clock hand
>Notable accessoires are his selfmade pocket watch and his utility servo skull

That's it, I leave details and style to the artist.
Thanks and have fun!

I thank you for your patience.

That is 80s as fuck and I love it.

WIP

Requesting a picture of my Monk/Warlock. A former soldier of fortune who was away from his home chasing riches when an undead horde destroyed his village and killed his wife and child, Gregory Sindel now wanders the land seeking redemption and enlightenment.

I would like to see a picture of him using his Warlock powers to conjure up images of his wife and child in his hands as he waits out the cold night. Sitting cross legged in the dark, he watches them dance in the flames on his hands as he tries to hold onto their memories just a little while longer.

Thanks drawfriend, you are the best

>Sitting cross legged in the dark
I can't speak for everyone else, but drawing a dude sitting cross-legged is fucking hard. Change the pose and you might get more interest?

No, you're the best! Also, the old guy looks spookily like my own dad...

Thanks for the kek

Can someone shoop a Dark Souls UI onto this?

Thanks for the advice. Would him sitting on his knees or having his lower body obscured by a table be easier?

Not really, at least not for me. Again, I can't speak for anyone else, kneeling or sitting on a chair is just as hard.

Requesting Cthulhu in JoJos art style and doing a JoJos pose. Please

Bump

Could try the cross legged thing after the wholesome Tiefling/dwarf family, need the challenge/practice

go fuck yourself quite honestly

>Ignore the bait, you're better than this