Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

sexy spacecraft edition

>NOVA Info
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/01/registration-for-the-nova-open-now-livegw-homepage-post-2/

>Warhammer 40k short film
youtu.be/ClfhBZR9-As?t=25m9s

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

How much better a place would the Galaxy be in if after the Primarchs had mostly vanished and Gulliman was in a coma, the Custodes had declared their mourning over and decreed they would rule the imperium as the closest thing to the interpreters of the emperor's will available?

*blocks your path*

It probably would have been too late by then, but it certainly would have had a positive impact. The Custodes would have had to taken the reigns waaaay earlier in order to have changed the Imperium to be less shit.

repostan in new thread:
Is the trojan support and/or salamander command tank worth it as a baneblade support vehicle?

Just so ya'll remember how to defeat the poxwalker bomb:
Just keep making his pox army bigger and bigger until he has no more models to add and claim victory over him cheating by refusing to buy more poxwalkers to 'complete' his strategy.
Remember, his stratagem is not optional. If he cannot put a new poxwalker on the board because he lacks the model he's cheating.

If he tries to object, just say you have no issues taking pictures of the board and continuing your game after his new order of poxwalkers have arrived.

>sexy spacecraft edition
Finally a good edition

What's the smallest/crappiest/cheapest/cutest warp-capable ship a chapter might have?

user it's hard enough to make friends when you're the type to browse Veeky Forums, I don't want to lose any over 40k.

Reposting from last thread because I got there too late. Went a bit overboard with my ghost elves, what should I cut from the list?

Ynnari Battalion
>HQ - Yvraine [132pts]
>HQ - Shadowseer [134pts]
>HQ - Spiritseer [45pts]
>Troop - 5 Dire Avengers [75pts]
>Troop - 5 Harlequin Troupe (Fusion Pistol, Embrace)[150pts]
>Troop - 5 Harlequin Troupe (Fusion Pistol, Embrace)[150pts]
>Elite - 10 Shadow Spectres [334pts]
>Elite - Solitaire [110pts]
>Elite - Wraithblades (Ghostaxe)[225pts]
>Heavy Support - 10 Dark Reapers (Tempest Launcher on Exarch)[275pts]
>Dedicated Transport - Starweaver [99pts]
>Dedicated Transport - Starweaver [99pts]
>Dedicated Transport - Wave Serpent [129pts]
>Dedicated Transport - Wave Serpent [129pts]
2086/2000pts

Game pics! 1500 IH vs Night Lords. I won by objectives but at the end of the game I only had a derdeo at 3 wounds and a redemptor at 5 wounds left. Hellforged predators are not something to fuck around against.
The leviathan died rather ignobly thanks to lascannons and me making basically none of my FNP rolls for the whole game. Got some fun moments though, like a raptor and an SM captain having a fist fight for three turns

You probably don't need 4 transports

I was reminded that non-specialized infantry are pointless nowadays

What are those rounded turrets? This is cute.

For poxwalker user, you should really have a fast attack unit that can charge the Pox walkers.

I mean if you're a static gun line full of chaff, he's just doing what he needs to counter your bullshit.

Why do they get to be so happy?

>blood angels
>bring devastator squad with 4 heavy flamers, combimelta on sarge, cherub for melta shot
>pack onto twin heavy flamer razorback
>turn loose on screening units or tarpit blob
>get a couple 2+ melta shots on something bigger nearby, more if they survive a turn

Well lads, could it work? Do you think it would be worth the 263 points it costs?

Is that a warpsmith conversion?
Pretty alright, could be a bit more chaosy though, especially if he's running with night lords.

Rictus grin

>Don't want to lose friends playing 40k
If you're not losing friends you're playing wrong

> no feet

And the redemptor did the best ripping through infantry and getting a bunch of victory points that won me the game. I only won because I got really lucky with my objectives but my opponent almost caught up with me in one turn. My models got smashed because my anti-tank got tied up by raptors too quickly and his sorcerer kept taking away my invul saves

Because they're mindless and don't have to worry about the world thats falling apart around them

at this point you might as well not play the guy user

>ynnari
Neck yourself

>read MoM
>"End of Empires" predates empires by thousands of years

How the fuck does this make sense?

Because they know Grandfather loves them, and will forever.

Borkan Yvarha is best Yvarha.

I'm thinking that too but which one should I get rid of? The wave serpents are for Yvraine + her reapers and the spiritseer + her wraithblades. The 2 starweavers are for the harlequin troupes along with a solitaire and shadowseer.

Can the harlequin troupe be effective footslogging it? Should the shadowseer or solitaire accompany them?

Do the Eldar still actively worship Isha or does the fact that she's Nurgle's cage-waifu kinda make that redundant? Also does Isha give a shit about anyone but elves?

no it's a different thing that starts with an H

rate my 50 PL tryanid list
Hive fleet Kronos

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Tyranids) [50 PL, 1169pts] ++

+ HQ +

Neurothrope [4 PL, 70pts]

Tyranid Prime [6 PL, 114pts]: Adrenal Glands, Boneswords, Deathspitter, Flesh Hooks, The Norn Crown, Toxin Sacs, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Soul Hunger

+ Troops +

Ripper Swarms [2 PL, 33pts]: 3x Ripper Swarm

Termagants [9 PL, 300pts]: Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs
. 30x Termagant (Devourer): 30x Devourer

Tyranid Warriors [5 PL, 107pts]
. Tyranid Warrior: Adrenal Glands, Boneswords, Deathspitter, Flesh Hooks, Toxin Sacs
. Tyranid Warrior: Adrenal Glands, Barbed Strangler, Boneswords, Flesh Hooks, Toxin Sacs
. Tyranid Warrior: Adrenal Glands, Boneswords, Deathspitter, Flesh Hooks, Toxin Sacs

Tyranid Warriors [5 PL, 117pts]
. Tyranid Warrior: Adrenal Glands, Boneswords, Flesh Hooks, Toxin Sacs, Venom Cannon

+ Elites +

Hive Guard [7 PL, 150pts]
. Hive Guard: Adrenal Glands, Impaler Cannon, Toxin Sacs

+ Heavy Support +

Carnifexes [6 PL, 136pts]
. Carnifex: Adrenal Glands, Chitin Thorns, Enhanced Senses, Spore Cysts, Thresher Scythe, Toxin Sacs, 2x Two Devourers with Brainleech Worms

Thornbacks [6 PL, 142pts]
. Thornback: Adrenal Glands, Chitin Thorns, Enhanced Senses, Spine Banks, Stranglethorn Cannon, Thresher Scythe, Toxin Sacs, Two Deathspitters with Slimer Maggots

++ Total: [50 PL, 1169pts] ++

You need to take it further, pack two squads into a land raider redeemer.

I have no problem playing with him, I would just hope he's prepared to field every poxwalker he has to summon.
And once he finally has a poxwalker to summon for every one of his own infantry units, I'll just start playing infantry heavy armies myself to force him to buy more by just running them into him to their deaths.
If you wanna play memes, you gotta be willing to pay the meme tax.

>Borkan borkan borkan

*blocks your path*

Hard to give a fuck about anyone when you're being raped 24/7 by papa nurgle.

There's a difference between annoying people with shitty meme lists, and calling out proxying that insignificant. I'm the sort to proxy skitarii rangers as vanguard, or lootas as shoota boys (only in these games between friends, mind you), so it'd be pretty fucking hypocritical to call him out for just using whatever models as poxwalkers.
To note, that list of "poxwalker" models has included
>Chaos cultists
>Chaos space marines
>Posessed
>Bloodletters
>Plaguebearers
>Heralds
>CSM characters
>fire warriors
>pathfinders
>hormagaunts
>termagaunts
>ork boys
>skitarii vanguard
>Guardsmen

Is he part of the space woolves?

What was his endgame?

Is it just me or are GW a little negligent in giving giant things a native AP in close combat?

Dreads have diddly with no close combat weapon, and big Tau have lost their cc AP just off the top of my head.

What, a riptide kicking you, no matter how inexpertly, isn't going to breach a flak vest?

>haha! you have fallen for my trap! now you MUST buy more poxwalkers
user surely you have better things to do

He's used fucking orks as poxwalkers?
I mean come on man, theres a line you gotta draw.

user if I did, do you really think I'd be on /40kg/?

A cobra or the astarte specific equivalent the name of which I forget. There are a couple of smaller canon vessels but not the sort of ships I'd expect to be in the hands of the marines

Better than a Grey Knit.

>want to play Tsons because dusty marines look great - they are shit compared to birds and building a list around them is a bad idea
>want to play generic CSM because like their goofy sculpts and many ways to personalize them with tons of bits - they are the most shitty models in their codex rule-wise so I'm forced to run a boring cultist spam
>want to play Bananas as a mono-army because guard and termies look sweet - I have to run bike spam because I don't want to support the Forge World
Life is suffering. Every army I pick is viable only if I use models I don't like or like least.
I don't want to play competitive but it seems like even in casual environment those armies would be tabled every single time. It's quite expensive hobby in my country so after spending money on paints and stuff I want to have at least a slightly chance to be a challenging opponent - not just a one-turn speed bump

You make a fair point. Carry on.

Not bad, but where's it's headdress?

>night lords lost
How shocking.

Deimos pattern predator. It's a FW product.

Fill the table up with buildings and cover. Turn it into an urban hell. Or try some of the weirder missions.

cadia broke BECAUSE the guard did

>He doesn't hold irrational scores that need to be settled

Okay so the Stormsurge looks pretty good with third party conversion kit parts, but I hate it's fluff. How good is it on the tabletop?

It's amazing how much proper, line of sight blocking terrain can affect the game.

by 2 victory points, and he just about tabled me.

Will a busy table help my foot bananas or fugly spiky marines this much?

>That list

Yeah this is not OK and the poxwalker guy is sounding more and more like a dick

> I'm a WAACfag, so it's ok for him to be a WAACfag too I guess

>58285438
>>want to play Tsons because dusty marines look great - they are shit compared to birds and building a list around them is a bad idea
How did all the retards become convinced of this? Unless you literally want to run 30 rubrics and 20 SoT your fine. They're elites(Rubrics aren't fucking troops just because they count as that in a TSons army) that arent supposed to be the basis of a main force.

HQ

Ahriman on disk
Exalted

Troops

Rubric, 10 with one soulreaper.
2x 20 Tzaangors with brayhorn

Elties

Tzaangor Shaman

Fast attack

Tzaangor Enlightened with bows

Guy at my local started up with this 1000 point army and he's doing great.

Elaborate

Fug.

>you don't need birds to be good
>posts list with majority birds

I recognize that dread. Polysmith? Can we get some more pics of it?

to finish his magic trick

>insists that rubrics are fine and birds aren't 100% better
>posts a list that's almost all birds

Guard got beat so Cadia fell, simple as that

>I'm the sort to proxy skitarii rangers as vanguard, or lootas as shoota boys (only in these games between friends, mind you), so it'd be pretty fucking hypocritical to call him out for just using whatever models as poxwalkers
> I'm a WAACfag, so it's ok for him to be a WAACfag too I guess
I mean, if that's what you get out of that, alright, but I think context is important in most of these cases. We're students, we're poor, I make grot tanks out of vehicle scraps. A certain level of proxying has been fully allowed in every gaming circle I've been in, although the worst I've seen was in college, when a dude proxied 180 space marines as 180 ork boys against me. I didn't play him again.

The game might last longer and you'll have the chance to try and actually employ some fun strategy instead of just napoleonic mathhammering for the dice gods.

Also soup isn't that bad despite all the hollering, it lets you pick and choose what -you- like. Why not spray some russes gold and make them bananafriends. Or something. (I dunno, I play Tau so no fun soup for me, just plain broth.)

No you got it backwards the guard got beat because Cadia fell, if abaddon could beat the guard he wouldn't have had to blow up the planet.

>Will busy tables help elite armies
Absolutely. It basically means less shit can be pointed at your units every turn.

Though with custodes you are going to want some heavy hitters (dreadnoughts and bikes) mixed in with the ground pounders. Not a top-tier tournament army, but perfectly viable for regular stuff.

You should never build a list around 1 wound marines+ for any army ever. This has always been the case and always will be. Adding rubrics should be for specific objectives as they're elites. Putting a 10 man rubric squad in cover is brilliant and plinking away at range Tzaangors cant do this.

Besides that list is just the cheapest way to buy into TSons right now because no start collecting.

Leaks are out, Tau are GK tier. Better sell those Commanders!

Cadia fell because abaddon had a massive hissy fit and threw his last remaining blackstone fortress at it because he couldn't beat the guard in a land war. He has no blackstones now

I based it off that guy's conversion with some differences

How do I bootleg models? I'm trying to see how much a bunch of Carnifexes would be, but I don't actually know how to find catalogs

> Adding rubrics should be for specific objectives as they're elites.
>in thousand sons
>troops aren't a troops choice when the elite option has different wargear and abilities available
>you shouldn't run marines in a marine army!

>Leaks are out, Tau are GK tier

>Already way above GK tier
>Huge points cuts on key units that were overpriced to shit before
>???????

Reddit yoyhammer

>moderate points costs on shitty units that were overpriced to oblivion
>Drones increased in price by 50%
Now we have 1 good unit, whereas before we had 2

How often did you feel the weight of the worst trait in the game?

>moving a unit from elites to troops now means they're great at screening and and become cheaper
Kys retard and learn to play before talking. Rubrics are fine as they are its only retards like you who want to use them poorly that give them a bad name.

>WAAAAh I should be able to take 30 20 point A1 marines and win when the game is all about alpha strikes
Get some screening units like everyone else does and build a list like a sane person.

>Thousand Sons marines aren't supposed to be the main part of a Thousand Sons army

>My tourneyfag spam list was nerfed

Neat. I'll be over here with my suddenly viable again broadsides, and probably buy a few rail ones.

>go to yoyhammer
>every poorfag acts like theyre in a super secret elite club
>nobody will give you the contact information for sellers
>"bruh are you stupid just google it"
>google results are all sellers posting on yoyhammer telling you to email them to order
>still no contact information provided

To repost a reply, my Trojan makes up its value just by giving rerolls to a single Demolisher and occasionally taxi driving some Heavy Weapon Teams. I imagine it would be devastating with a Baneblade, although at a higher points value it would also be more vunerable (I play 500-1000)

>shouldnt run Marines in a Marine army
Literally everything wrong with 40k right now

>thinking I said ANY of that

>goalpost.jpg
Fuck off already.

it doesn't really apply to a dreadnought army. It was relevant last time I played him

BA Razorbacks still have those upgraded engines right? Paying a 4th/8th of your list to delete annoying chaff sounds pretty good to me, especially if you throw in one of your HQs in there and make it count as 3 drops for your jump pack reserves

>Relevant
I don't believe you

trojan + shadowsword is probably the scariest single shot weapon in the game

also amazing with stormlord to get rerolls on maximum number of dice

consolation prize to LR annihilator, best russ tank hunter

Do we think broadsides are viable again now then?

I like the models and wouldn't mind having an excuse to buy more of them

>Running marines isnt shit
>just use an army that is majority non-marines
>I mean, you're have to be retarded to to base your army around marines
What did he mean by this?

Blitzkrieg on Planet Cocaine!

>thinking I'm shifting goalposts
nigger, all I did was point out that you posted a bird army to prove that rubrics are fine, and that rubrics are troops, and that you were insisting on not running marines in a marine army.

YOU moved the goalposts.