Do we usually discuss the BG/PST games here, or /vr/?

Do we usually discuss the BG/PST games here, or /vr/?

>(((remaster)))
fucking vile

I'm just playing the Tutu mod personally.

fucking vile

I do believe that all of classic D&D videogame adaptations are utter shit.
I thought so when I didn't know about the tabletop, and my belief was reinforced when I actually tried the source material.

Why's that?

Whats wrong with the ToB remaster? Not the expansion, but the ToB remaster.

Theres no trannies or reworked characters. Just an improve interface, a better quest log, and easier installation.

fucking vile

fucking vial

He's a memeing faggot, ignore him.

Why Tutu and not BGT? Tutu is a little unstable in my experience whereas BGT is pretty rock solid.

>Why Tutu and not BGT?

No specific reason, just that more people seemed to suggest it when I was researching how to play the game.

A lot of mechanical things.
Uneven progression. Level progression is slower than usual in videogames, but levelcap is small, so it seems balanced at first. But there are also huge spikes in it, when first levels don't feel like much, but then you suddenly a supergod. Also dead levels, majority of classes\kits have them, no customization on lvlups, just passive growth. It feels that even after the large time investment you don't achieve much at first and when you actually do become powerful, it comes so quick, like you just jumped over a threshold and there is no challenge at all.
Customization in general bothers me. A lot of classes\subclasses\kits are utterly redundant, not just mechanically inferior, but arbitrary defined and do not stand out enough even in terms of flavour. The same can be said about spells, for example - from couple of dozens, more than a handful are actually useful. Alignment system is also pointless, the only practical effect it has is the usage of few abilities and item, while bearing little of impact on character choices.
Those are the only I vividly remember from my experience, but there are much-much more detail to it, of course. If I am to sum this up - videogame D&D has all the flaws of its tabletop source material, but since the former has far more narrow and poor frame, all those flaws are even more prominent.

That's two different people and two unrelated opinions.
>if he doesn't agree with me - he is a troll
Great reasoning, bydlo.

I can definitely agree with some of that --literally doubling your health between 1 and 2, in particular, has always been a terrible idea.

Here. Veeky Forums has better taste and a larger vocabulary.

So far my biggest complaint is that they locked scrolling the map to the keyboard arrows with no option to switch it over to wasd, which since you also need the mouse for the GUI, means you either have to learn 100% keyboard controls or grow a third arm

>videogame D&D has all the flaws of its tabletop source material, but since the former has far more narrow and poor frame, all those flaws are even more prominent
I've been saying this for years, and they called me mad.

Lot of haters here. The BG Saga is still my favorite video game of the entire epoch.

Somehow this Imoen is also creepy. And most of the other alternates are animu cancer. It's just not meant to be.

For my first playthrough, I rolled a Neutral Cleric. Any tips for early stuff I need to make sure not to miss, other than that broken secret ring for my wizard at the beginning?

She has the look of someone who was raped by the worlds most masculine looking elf and literally had her soul stolen.

And who the developers tried to kill off. Twice.

>Any tips for early stuff I need to make sure not to miss
Kobolds. You'll miss them a lot, especially as a cleric.

If you're playing EE theres a pretty sweet mace in a locked chest in an early Inn; the Stupifier I think

Also an easy way to level up fast is to head to the basilisk map solo early and let the ghast help you kill the lisks, normally puts you up to level 5 or 6

Stupifier was apparently patched to suck, RIP.

Damn, that sucks; I ran a Berzerker who Grandmastered in Maces all the way through BGEE to TOBEE when they came out, it was a surprisingly good power curve as weapons went

They dropped it from 25% stun chance, no save to 10% stun chance + save.