How to deal when your woman is pissed about D&D?

A cry for help from a fa/tg/uy - I finally got to play with a pretty cool d&d group (after being unable to play for years due to few-to-no d&d groups where I lived previously), but gf got pissed about when we meet.

She claims that (since we play on Sunday) we should spend more time together in the weekend (no work, both more relaxed etc). Yet, we spend the entire week together (we live together) ffs!

I'm asking for tips/ideas on how to solve the situation if you others had to deal with the same thing - dropping the game is not an option (I go out literally once/week with the guys), nor it is meeting on another day (we all got work/busy schedules), yet as all guys I hate dealing with a pissed off woman.

How do I solve this guys? Any idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ydp4aqcTbGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kill her

Sadly I doubt I'm smart enough to hide the body effectively.

This isn't a problem for Veeky Forums, or Veeky Forums 4chan for that matter.
The bottom line of it is that you need time away from her for your hobbies and friends. That's normal. As such, I unironically suggest that it's better to ask normies, on the relevant subreddits or relationship advice forums.
That said, keep an eye on this thread for the hilariously stupid /r9k/ suggestions that will be suggested.

Work to make the friday and saturday more impressive to her. If she isn't feeling you two spend enough weekend time together, make the time that you do spend higher quality. Make it nice, have a good time together, and that way she shouldn't have as much of a problem with some of the time on sundays being taken up.

Also, how long does your game on sundays run? Sometimes the issue might just be how big of a session it is.

1) Move the game to the weekday
2) Tell your gf to fuck off

Communication is the cornerstone of a relationship. Discuss these issues and try to reach compromise - maybe type them up before hand so you can check you don't sound confrontational about the subject.
If she wants to spend more time together on the weekend, perhaps you could do something with her Saturday? It's natural couples don't want to do literally everything together, so maybe she should try and get out on Sundays more too, for example.

Other than that, as says, ask normies or people to do with relationships. Your problem isn't needing to keep Veeky Forums, it's needing to keep a hobby you practice seperate from your partner, and it can be a common problem.

Sadly I think this might be the only solution (making the other days "better") - we run pretty long games (8-10 hours long games are not that rare).

Thank anyway for the idea - I guess I'll try to put it in practice and see how it goes.

1) Not possible
2) If what I will try doesn't work, this will be option A on the list.

The issue is that we already go out every Saturday...I guess I'll try to organize something more during the week. Will see what I can do.

No matter what invite her to the group.

Been there, done that. She ain't interested AT ALL in role-playing games.

Tell her "you are being a psycho bitch!"
That should work.

Ask her to imagine the situation the other way around. How would she feel if you told her that she couldn't have time for her hobbies and her friends?

>She claims that (since we play on Sunday) we should spend more time together in the weekend (no work, both more relaxed etc). Yet, we spend the entire week together (we live together) ffs!

Unironically read this book. TLDR: What we consider acts of demonstrating love does not always completely match with what other loved one considers acts of demonstrating love. So while you may *think* you're meeting her emotional needs because of what *you* consider acts of love and devotion, she's getting frustrated because what she considers acts of love and devotion are different.

>Forgetting an image

Put the body into a vat of lye and boil it for a few hours. Her flesh should melt off and you can flush that down a storm drain. Anything left over you can grind up and dump down there as well

>8-10 hours long games are not that rare
Is trimming that down a bit an impossibility?

Tbh it's only 8-10 hours/week, if his gf is so needy that she can't go half a day without him there is something wrong.

I know you're a god damn friendless NEET, but 8-10 hours is A LOT, that's more than half of a day, more than some jobs. It means missing two meals together in a day where they could be free from work and spend time together.

These thingies. Explain to her you want to compromise and make her happy. the D&D game is important to you, and if your relationship is healthy she'll understand that.

He could call her/text her during breaks? I'm assuming there must be a meal or cig break in there

Tell her to fuck off
She will learn respect to respect your time or dump you. But if she dumps you it's allright, that was her plan all along, she was just searching for excuses.

If she dumps you, never go after her. She will probably come back as long as you don't flinch

You need to pull her aside and talk to her.

Both your needs and her needs are valid. You have hobbies, and wanna spend time with your guy friends, and it's something that's important to you. That's totally right.

You guys either need to come to a compromise, or make a choice if it's not valid.

I personally feel that she's in the wrong- since you can't move your D&D days, and you and your GF can hang out whenever.

It's a lot for one day, yes. However it's not a lot for a week when they are living together.
Also nice projecting.

>I know you're a god damn friendless NEET, but 8-10 hours is A LOT, that's more than half of a day, more than some jobs.
It's really not. Especially when comparing it to the time you spend with a partner you live with.

A fair amount of good replies in this thread so far.

My group meets every other Sunday for about 8 hours and my waifu has been understanding. IT comes up between us from time to time, but making sure to take some time for her the other Sundays and on other days as well is important.

Every weekend is pretty incredible though for 8 to 10 hours.That is like a 10- am to 7 or 8pm? Can't say I am not jealous, but my advice would have been to spend the morning with her and the afternoon and evening at the game.

Consider playing 3 times a month instead of every week or ask your group to have a board game night one Sunday a month so that you can spend time with her, or better yet, bring her into the group to play some board games so she can understand the hobby a bit more.

I find that when the wife doesn't understand or feel included in something that takes my time then it is immediately regarded as the enemy. Maybe if she cuts her teeth on a few light board games and then a few with RP as well she would get it?

And long story short, this is a girlfriend, not a wife, so her ability to be understanding of your hobbies and personal time is vital. Depending on the severity of her claims and how reasonable you are being makes me think of this as a yellow flag.

>bring her into the group
Speaking for the rest of the group, don't do this. Keep your shit at home.

Simple solutions work best.
The simple solution to people disrupting tabletop sessions is to remove them.
Your gf is disrupting tabletop sessions.

Your gf is being incredibly clingy
Massive red flag. Either domesticate her further as she no doubt craves, or drop her. Anything else is the beta route out.

IDEALLY yeah, we would meet every week and game. In reality, we meet when we can (usually every week, but there are/have been many weekend where we couldn't meet).

We usually spend the mornings together (me and gf) and then I go to the game in the afternoon/evening.

I get she wants more attention, but really..it gets annoying sometimes.

These guys get what I mean - we already spend all week together after work, hence why to me it doesn't seem unreasonable at all to spend a day/week on what I want.

Guess I'll just have to sit and (try to) talk to her...thanks for the replies guys - sadly there is really little I can do in this situation, given that spending ONE day per week on my hobby doesn't seem that much to me, guess she'll have to live with it.

She probably thinks you're cheating on her because she can't compute a bunch of dudes spending 8-10 hrs playing a game of pretend with each other

Tell her to fuck off. If you let your woman dictate your life, you'll lose her respect and then her. Raise your voice if you have to and act like a fucking man.

I meant for the proposed board game events, not the RPG.

Sit down and talk to her about why she is upset about this. Explain that as much as you love her, this is something you want to do too. Its healthy for people in a relationship to have their own hobbies and space, and you are not doing this to exclude her.

You can spend more time together AND still go to your DnD game. Ask her what she wants to do together and when? If she makes a point of scheduling something during your dnd game, do it. Skip the session of dnd that week. Let her have that victory, but only let her have it once. That proves to her that she is more important than your hobby, and no one makes EVERY session of dnd anyway, but you still want to go to most sessions anyway.

Let her express herself, don't let it turn into an argument, give her a chance to pick something for you to do together so you can spend more time with each other. She is feeling possessive. The kneejerk reaction is to assert independence, but if you don't want to cause drama there are easier ways around it. Just keep in mind that what she if probably feeling right now is left out, and vulnerable, and she is just handling that badly. So don't aggravate that and make things worse. Sooth it instead.

That actually is not her fear, surprisingly (both according to her and me) - she just wants to spend more (read "all") time with me. Not that it is unpleasant to have a girl actually doting on you, but it gets tiring to always be together.

We meet at the house of one of the group members - sadly bringing her would implicitly mean bringing her in the rpg.

She'd literally tell me to go playing and get pissed at me if I didn't go just to spend time on her. Yeah, you read it right - she wants me to spend time with her, but at the same time hates it when I try to put her "first" so to speak, since she wants to see me happy even if she is unhappy due to what I do (while at the same time expressing anger due to me spending less time with her)

Retarded? Totally. Sweet? Yeah, but makes doing anything a living hell between me trying to pick stuff we'll both enjoy and her trying to make only me happy.

>That actually is not her fear, surprisingly (both according to her
I'll buy that for a dollar
>Retarded? Totally. Sweet? Yeah,

You are taking what she is telling you at face value. This is a mistake and you will learn not to do that when you're married. Letting/encouraging you to go/be happy is a test, and by being happy you are failing that test.

>leave her
>kick her out of house
>play more D&D
>women are never worth a head ache

The more you tell us, the more it seems like you should eject gf.
youtube.com/watch?v=ydp4aqcTbGw
Embed related.

Actually some great advice here, OP. All about communication and understanding expectations.

Honestly is this a real thread?

I live with my gf too and meeting once a week is not an issue because we're both very busy anyways and so we make time to hang out together. The time lost me playing DND (or whatever it is we're doing) is made up on other days.

Sounds like op doesn't fucking do anything with his gf and doing another thing to distance herself from him has set her off

>is this a real thread

What do you think? Do you think any of this really happened?

tired bait
4/10 work on your originality

>nice projecting.

That's not how projecting works

Hiding the body isn't the main issue--you're the prime suspect whether they find the body or not. What you really need to worry about is coming up with an alibi.

>She claims that (since we play on Sunday) we should spend more time together in the weekend (no work, both more relaxed etc). Yet, we spend the entire week together (we live together) ffs!
Are you not able to hang out with her on Saturday, or does she expect you to set aside literally all your free time for her? If it's the latter, it's unreasonable and unhealthy. Without knowing her, I can't tell you how to finesse the situation (and probably couldn't, even if I knew her), but you have the right to sometimes do things that don't revolve around her.

On the one hand, yeah, I can see being disappointed about not being able to spend free time with the person I loved and didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted with.

On the other hand - one day a week for my loved one to get out of the house, decompress, and enjoy one of his hobbies is not a huge deal.

That said... "8-10 hours". Presumably with her not knowing in advance when to expect you, so she can't make her own plans for the day. That's damn inconsiderate. You should at the very least pick an end time and stick to it. Even if you pick "10 hours" and come home at 8 hours most times, she'll be able to plan around the 10 hour mark.

I do think she is being selfish and needy, but it's not necessarily something that indicates she's a bad partner. You just really need to talk to her, address her fears and concerns, and decide together what compromises to make.

You genuinely deserve time for yourself. That's healthy for a relationship. The problem sounds like she doesn't have her own hobbies to pursue. What does *she* like to do that she doesn't have the time to do? Does she have friends she likes to hang out with? Movies or shows she loves that you really hate? An enjoyment of rock climbing?

If she has no friends or hobbies to pursue, then *that* is the problem. She has nothing to spend her passion on except you and so in her head, you are taking away the one thing she enjoys. That's really not healthy. A single person is not a healthy interest.

If she does have her own friends and hobbies and it really is just that she'd like to spend more time with you, talk to her about how to make the time you do spend together more "quality" and manage what about your D&D sessions bothers her.

Because if the answer is, "I don't want you to go at all because I think you spending time away from me is bad" then something is definitely not cool there and you'll need to either seek relationship counseling or end it. That way lies yandere.

My wife was like this when we were first married - very clingy, very "we should spend more time together". I told her I loved her but still went anyway. About a year or two later, one game night was cancelled and I stayed home; she was like "what the fuck are you still doing here?" She had come to appreciate her quiet alone time without having to worry about me. Above user was correct, this wasn't a game issue, it's a relationship issue. Get some counselling or read some good relationship books together.

Explain to her that this is your hobby, it's fun, you want to do it and Sunday is the only day it can be done. Don't be a dick about it. Don't go into this with a "I'm putting my foot down!" mentality because that'll just make it worse (although you should stand your ground). Give compensation instead. Make a bigger deal out of Fridays and Saturdays, surprise her with little things like renting a movie she wants to watch and bringing home her favorite dinner.

If that doesn't work, let it go and hope she gets over it. If she doesn't get over it, that's probably hinting at a bigger problem than her wanting to spend more time with you. Never understood why girls make big deals about their bfs' interests anyway. My brother is a musician, his ex-gf made him take down all of his album art from his favorite bands (his walls were literally covered with them) and made him throw out his instruments to the shed. They weren't even in the bedroom, he had them set up in the spare room. Girls can be weird.

People can be weird, mate. Not just girls.

I've had guys give me shit about my hobbies and interests too or try to be more clever and override my interests with theirs.

Like the guy who bought me scuba lessons without ever talking to me about it at all, much less that he'd like to go diving with me. I did go, because it sounded like fun. Didn't know I had a phobia of open ocean until it came time to do my open dive for my cert and he refused to go with me and told me I was being a baby. And *I* was treated like the asshole for refusing to go to another state, with strangers, at 17, to confront a freshly discovered phobia while also taking a test with a literal death risk attached to it. One day, I should give it another go. I enjoyed scuba in the pools and freshwater springs.

Your bro's ex is a shitbag too, though. Even if I weren't into my guy's hobby, I think it's revolting to make them get rid of their shit. My brother has to put up with his wife's Mickey Mouse obsession (iirc, even their toaster toasts Mickey's head). I'd put up with pretty much whatever as long as it was more contained than my SIL's Mickey shit. (Well, if it ended up being furry or sex dolls, and I still somehow was into him, I'd probably request it at least was confined to a specific room.)

OP is making the NEET mistake of thinking that "being within sight of the other person" constitutes "spending time with a person". It isn't. Similarly to you sitting at work looking at Veeky Forums isn't actually working sitting at home scrolling Veeky Forums isn't spending time with your girlfriend. What she wants is substantive quality time. No, that doesn't mean sometimes shouting to one another about le funnay meme it means doing something with her that you both want to do. This can literally be as simple as watching a show you both enjoy or just talking about your day for an hour and shooting the shit. Just like D&D your significant other is a time investment.

I had literally this exact problem. Sit down and talk with her. You need to find out the root of this. Likely she feels neglected, that you dont spend quality and interactive time with her over the week. Whether or not that is fair, I don't know, but it doesn't make her feelings invalid. I would bet that you spend a lot of time preparing for your sundays. Looking forward to them. Is there something you do with her that you feel the same about? No one wants to feel like you are looking forward to being away from them.

Does she not have friends of her own to spend her sunday with? That could be a warning sign of some issues, but I don't want to dig too much there.
You guys are a couple, not a single person. You can operate autonomously. Infact, it is vital that you can do that. You are allowed your time, just like she is allowed her own. If she can't respect that, you have a much bigger problem in your relationship.

I would suggest asking her to clearly and expressly define what she wants. Sometimes people have a grievance or issue and they would rather pick a fight over something else rather than address the real problem.

Drop her. She's going to bitch about every single fucking hobby you acquire, let alone spend money on.

Break up.

If she's that controlling while merely cohabitating, it will only get worse.

Alibi: playing DnD

It really isn't. Especially if they're generally always together throughout the week. It's selfish to not let someone have less than half a day a week to themselves and their interests in a relationship. Very selfish

>How to deal when your woman is pissed about D&D?
That's what happens when you get a girlfriend. Figure out wherever you stored your balls and tell the cocksleeve that either she lets you pretend you're an elf, or she can go play in traffic.

>B-But I love her ;___;
Does she love you enough to let you endulge in your own fucking interests with your own fucking money? Clearly she doesn't. If you're going to "compromise" here, you're entering Soyboy country.

She is afraid that you going to play games once week is just the first step and that you are gradualy start spending less and less time with her.

Here is how you solve it: Take her on a date at a place that is significant to your relationship such as where you first asked her out or where you first told her you love her.
During the date shower her in attention, make it all about her and about how wonderful she is.
After the date when you head home tell her how much fun you had and how missing her once a week when you are off playing games has made you wanted to go to a lot more dates to have fun with her.
Make sure that if you game once a week you also take her to a date once a week.

If this does not work she is mentaly a child and you are creepy for dating her you fucking pedo

Source: I am a grill

My gf is pissed about me too. After lot of good times, we add some discordian ideas.
She loves technology settings when I love fantasy settings.
She said we're in trouble because of our use of money, but I don't think so, that's because I always pick blonde elves in my settings while she only create dark haired elves.

Still love her as I never loved anyone

How do fuck did you even get a couple? Are you retarded? Living together doesn't count as "time together". She means you should do some activity together that doesn't feel like routine.

Is there a tl;dr on how to guess what she thinks are acts of devotion?

I'd rather be single than give up my limited group fun times. You can bet your ass that if you nagged her about her hobbies and friends it wouldn't end in a compromise, let alone increased focus on your interests and time.
If i can't be friends with my girl, why is she my girlfriend? Sex is nice, but that isn't the only factor in a relationship.

>Listening to a girl giving advice on girls
Nobody asks rabbits how to catch their prey.

8-10 hours of a weekend is a lot to be away from her, particularly if she has things in mind for you to do with her. Maybe ask her how she'd like to spend that time, what would she like to do? If she just wants to sit around and watch TV etc, dead time, she needs to do something more productive for herself - like part-time college, perhaps?

All of this.

Why so salty sweetie?

>Got a friend into D&D
>He spergs out on it so hard
>So hard that it cost him his 15 year relationship with his first love in high school. She was wanting kids and stuff and he was filling up their spare rooms with boardgames and toys.

She was a snooty cunt anyway so maybe it was for the better.

she's cheating

> "what the fuck are you still doing here?"
> She had come to appreciate her quiet alone time
>alone

user, I....

>Replying to a bait thread
Goddamnit, but listen up anyway

One of three things is true about your situation:

1) Bitch be crazy
2) Bitch be in wuv
3) Bitch need her own damn friends

1) Sometimes bitches be crazy. It's the female equivalent of the drunken male shithead. Talk to her, work out a compromise - I'd try offering a "Saturdate night" before game days. If that doesn't work, well, maybe bitch be crazy.

2) Twoo Wuv is the chemical shit new relationships have to get through. It's a phase.

3) You're in a new town, you both need new friends. Book clubs, dinner clubs and softball teams are currently popular venues for women to hang out and drink while pretending to do something else. If she doesn't want to game with you, maybe she can find something she does like to do.

if she was cheating, she would be pleased for the regular opportunity to spend hours of her weekend away from her partner, you tool.

>relevant subreddits or relationship advice forums.
Please kys redditor.
OP Can do what he wants, if he caves to his woman's desires he's a nu male pussy.

>ask normies or people to do with relationships
These people have experience with relationships from failing at alot of them. Why would you want their advice OP?

Communicate. If it is difficult to communicate, that is something you need to be working on. If it is not possible to work on that, you'd be better off out of the relationship.

Been there

If its really a huge issue ask why you cant spend 1 day of the week out with friends doing something youve always wanted to but never had the chance. If she still has a problem then you have to gauge wether shes overstepping boundaries then proceed accordingly

Say shes invited to come by all means but you have a thing you want to do.

Unless you really are super determined to keep this gf then maybe some self sacrifice is in order

Fucking homosexuals.

Aww looks like someone got neglect- raped. Hey I hear if you tie a rope to the ceiling fan and hang off it from a chair, after about 30 seconds you start to feel much better.

Simple math.

How long would it take to find a new group vs how long would it take to find a new girlfriend.

Your advice to OP is to be a cuck and cave, putting pussy on a pedestal. The only reason he should consider doing this is if she is at least 2 points of attractiveness above him. Other wise, fuck it. Be a man and she will respect him. This is a shit test, and caving will make her lose respect for him and begin fucking a nigger at her earliest convenience.

Make her the priority in your life. Consider her needs first and foremost and your needs will be met ten fold.

This is actually solid bait, i give it a 7 out of 10, not as good as some that I've seen.

>a woman's solution is to spend even more money and attention on the girl
You can't make this shit up folks!
>complete with accusations of pedophilia.

No
Yes

Look OP, this isn't a girl getting upset or scared by "this is the first step towards spending less together". This is merely your girl shit testing you to see if she can dictate more power and authority over your masculinity. Tell her this is important to you, and continue as you have been doing. You don't need to be a dick about it, just tell her this is how it is. My guess is you haven't been doing this for the majority of the relationship, so get ready for her to chimp. If you stick to your guns, it will pass, and she will most likely think you are MORE attractive afterwards.

Sorry man, but this is not how it works. She will merely take more. The way to make a woman strive to meet your needs is if she worships you, which requires masculinity (i.e. not playing into her games).

My brother devotes every ounce of his waking time in servicing or pampering his wife, and all she does is sit around all day and dream of having babies.

Where in this are his needs being met tenfold?

Objectively correct answer

Anybody would create such a test does not deserve to be married. And probably has some kind of psychological problem.

Every girl does this to their boyfriend when he shows interest in hobbies away from her. It’s not about spending more time with you, it’s about testing your limits and how much you’re willing to give up on her whim. To put it bluntly, she’s seeing how much she can boss you around. Tell her why you spend time with your friends and how you’re not going to compromise that.

You probably meant this jokingly but it's actually pretty good. Worked for me before

Good lord - the parade of people who are either incels, PUAs, or straight up trolling this thread is through the roof.

If you're ever for a moment taking relationship advice from people who (a) have never had one and are scared of them anyway, (b) have no interest in a long-term relationship, or (c) either actively are trying to shit on your life or are just having a laugh..... then you're an idiot.

Communicate that you want that time for your hobby. I'm a hardcore lurker, part time normie, and i'm sure someone would call me a faggot.

But you gotta talk with your lady, communicate.If not then you will fuck yourself in the long run.

If she thinks you shouldn't spend any time having fun without her, you should just dump her.

Talk to her about time management my guy. Remember not to accuse or blame, just say "I feel (that)..." If things get emotional you can always drop it and come back to it when everyone's calmer.

Also she's a woman (maybe?) so she has multiple alternative motives when she tells you she wants to spend time together. Maybe she knows one of your buddies is a serial rapist or something along those lines.

Last time this happened I told her no can do game day is saturday but we could always try to do something to mix up the weekdays or sunday.
Roll over and be her bitch or assert your right to your life.

Get a woman who is either into RP and will share your interest in it, or has a hobby of her own and will not emotionally parasitise on you.

>She was wanting kids
He dodged a fucking bullet there. Toys > kids.

>That actually is not her fear, surprisingly (both according to her and me)
nigger learn to understand "bitch"
"spend more time" is exactly "she thinks you'll cheat"

she is testing her boundaries, don't be a mangina, she will just resent you if you cave anyway

>incels, PUAs
the fact you use those words is a bigger problem than those people being here or giving advice

this

Why? Because people are throwing around some terms I only ever see from people like them.

I was in a similar situation to you OP, but my game wasn't that great so it was easy to just drop it. I'll probably be in your situation once I find a good game but I've just stopped looking for now

good luck op