Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

/ourgirl/ edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

I want to protect that smile

I want to fill it with cum.

So we all agree that priests had the worst order hall. What should they have gotten instead?

No cathedrals because that's already covered by paladins.

Moon Temple, with voodoo shrines and a small Abbey for the other priests.

I can't decide if I want my next alt to be a human fire mage aspiring for a position in the Kirin Tor, or a gnomish sorceress with a sense of wonder and amiability towards everyone they meet, whose first design came up in a stark contrast to edgelord RPers.

Alright gentlemen we may have to accept that Anduin is gay for dragon dildo's and Hopduin is a sunk ship. So in that event, let's broaden our prospects. What if Vanessa takes over Ravenloft and continues their war against the Syndicate? As Danath Trollbane returns to Stromgarde they must join forces to crush the Horde and their Alterac allies. Knowing full well the potential leverage of becoming the queen of a restored kingdom, Vanessa offers herself to the still virile peak strength and stamina Danath.
50 years of semen make a glooping noise, etc etc, new princess is born and Danath dies gloriously on the field of battle. Timeskip to the future and Anduin's gay relationship with Wrathion doesn't work out because the fuck is a black dragon whelp. Princess Hope Trollbane infiltrates the Stormwind Court disguised as a reverse trap, and while taking off her pants in a vain attempt to find her dick she takes out a poisoned dagger given to her by her mother and stabs him.

>"This is for the cities your father wronged, Anduin."
>"Nothing personal, boy-king."
>People's revolution in Stormwind
>Unified Strom and Storm Republics
>The birth of a new ideal, a new utopia, and a glorious future for Azeroth

A restroom in the Exodar.

Forgot pic.

Nothing. Order halls were a mistake. For priests at least.

Yes, yes well done fujofag
HOWEVER

We must protect Stromgarde
and Captain Nials

Yes, it is time for the fallen to protect the living from the cursed and the damned.

>KNIGHTS is filmed on location with the men and women of the Ebon Blade. All suspects are guilty.

Watchu gonna do when they come for you~

>HEY WE GOT A RUNNER!

>Yeah I've been a death knight for aboot nine years. Something aboot helping people in these streets just gives me a lot of satisfaction. Knowing I'm making a difference y'know?
>We're ah, stopping this guy here. Looks like he's messin around with some fel.
>Sir! Sir!, Come over here next to my death charger.

It's possible to do both.

>priests had the worst order hall.

Yes because sitting in a basement surrounded by wizard excrement is so much better.

I'm not sure I hate it more than the warrior one.

I think Skyhold is at least pleasant aesthetically. Netherlight is just dull.

That's fair.

I just can't stand the Vrykul everything. It's annoying when you're trying to develop a troll experiencing a crisis of voodoo based faith when you have to spend so much time in Swedish chef bootcamp.

>So we all agree that priests had the worst order hall.
You spelled Warrior wrong. Since Warriors didn't actually get an order to lead. There are 0 followers in the Warrior order hall campaign who are actual warriors from the lore. You don't get to act as leader of your own order either, you're Odyn's servant throughout.

Oh, I agree. It was absolutely the wrong theme to go with for warriors. Plus, Odyn's a giant, flaming sack of shit and I hate being his errand boy. But Skyhold is pretty.

>Sir, what's that smell?
>Ay mon, this be BULL*bleep* Yous racist!
>Sir, sir, calm down -
>Ay mon, this be - *cough* I didn' do nutan mon!
>Sir, I'm placing you in to custody, please turn around and -
>*Long string of bleeps and voodoo shuffle noises.*
>WHY DID YOU RUN MAN? *Undead weezing* I was just going to write you a ticket!
>I want a Loa!

>>I want a Loa!

>King's honor friend

>What can I do for you?

"My father once told me the world was gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed" -Jaina Proudmoore

I literally have not touched my DK since the end of WotLK. How are they as a class these days?

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you!" - Lady Liadrin

True enough. I don't generally like the newer aesthetics they've been going with these last few expansions, but Skyhold and the air elemental dungeons from Cata were both great. Blizz knows how to do cloud cities.

They're still exactly as cool and badass as Paladins and are necessary to inspire us all to greatness.

why wasn't it like this guys

marketing said "NO YOU RETARDS, WE MUST HAVE SOME WEIRD TWO PLAYER-FACTION SYSTEM TO DRIVE SALES BECAUSE YOU INEPT FUCKS CAN'T DEVELOP A GAME AS DEEP AS SWG THAT COULD SUPPORT SYSTEMS LIKE THIS!"

DKs are the only class woke to the (((dragon))) problem

SWG couldn't support those systems either in the end, so they were right

at the very least it didn't require the player to align with either Empire or the Rebels, which is leagues ahead of arbitrarily splitting the playerbase into two in an RPG of all things

This epilogue campaign is incredibly boring to play.

What are you talking about, I thought proto-WoW is a fan favourite?
It's not got much replay value though. Still better than the Throw Main Character Out of the Story In the Last Chapter campaign and the Hey Everyone Let's Work for this Loser campaign.

Again, which one is running today, and which one crashed and burned after multiple attempts to try to persuade a hemorrhaging playerbase to return?

>What are you talking about, I thought proto-WoW is a fan favourite?
idk if you're joking, but I guess that's precisely it. RTS mechanics and working base building strats are all the fun. But I can imagine this being fun back in 2003 before everyone got used to fetch quests in MMOs.

certainly didn't depend on the faction mechanics

>>I want a Loa!
Fucking got me

Then I guess the Horde/Alliance mechanic is not something to constantly whine over, and how it would be so much better if it was more like a game that died a horrible death.

Odyn's fucking hilarious, like he's such a dickhead, but it comes across so well.

I keep expecting him to release N'Zoth or something in BfA on account of some dipshit reason.

>CHAMPION, BY DEFEATING THIS OLD GOD YOU WILL PROVE YOUR VALOR

I don't know, maybe you could try using some critical thinking ability and actually try to examine the games and their game mechanics instead of confusing yourself because you sound like someone who guzzles Blizzard cock all day and is a proud player of the MMO and has never missed a subscription month since its inception.

Not him but you're being a fucking retard if you think WoW deserved to live past its first four years. Warcraft is an RTS franchise that's been derailed by the toxic community, the autistic writing staff and the obstinate corporate bigwigs and the only thing that could've prevented this is if the game had simply died.

>Odyn's fucking hilarious, like he's such a dickhead, but it comes across so well.
I think it's because he owns it, and for the most part he does things for the right reasons, even if he uses the wrong methods, only unlike Illidan he's not a fucking edgelord while doing it.

everything related to Odyn is so fucking retarded
>have to pass 3 trials just to get into HoV
>have to Hymdall, and Hyrja and kill Fenryr just to get to fight Odyn
>god-ging skobald :-DDDD just shows up and claims to be worthy of the Aegis despite not passing any of the trials inside or outside of HoV
>instead of throwing him out, Odyn let's him try to kill you for the Aegis

He knew you'd win, and even if you didn't, he could pop Skovald like a zit before his hand ever touched the shield. Plus there's no way of knowing if Skovald did the same trials, just shortly after you, or a different set of trials, or none at all. Either way, there's no way Skovald would ever leave the Halls with the Aegis - Odyn's not an idiot, he just likes his entertainment.

>Plus there's no way of knowing if Skovald did the same trials, just shortly after you, or a different set of trials
all the trials in Stormheim involve you fixing shit that Skovald broke after getting butthurt that he's unworthy, so I think it's fairly safe to say he didn't do them

I was talking specifically about the ones inside the instance.

Nice projection bro, maybe next time you'll actually be able to rationalize your dislike of the two faction system, or how getting rid of it would magically make it better. Preferably by coming up with a better example than a game that was so bad it died after TWO different reboots.

Use your brains. If Skovald wasn't competent enough to do the basic quest level challenges he wouldn't be able to do the dungeon ones either.

And that's why you post in a Warcraft thread, because you're so above it all.

>Nice projection bro, maybe next time you'll actually be able to rationalize your dislike of the two faction system, or how getting rid of it would magically make it better.
The burden of proof is on how a two faction system would possibly make a game better considering that wasn't even their initial plan. How in the flying fuck you could actually believe the two faction system is good? Are you retarded and or autistic? Maybe you should just kill yourself.

He's not smart, but he is strong, and all of the HoV challenges are literally "kick this guy's ass". He could take Heimdall, Hyrja and Fenrir, and even if he couldn't and just followed the trail of bodies the players left behind them, Odyn knew he couldn't win.

Lmfao best board confirmed

>Acherus--Dirk Ebonchill spells fired, repeat spells fired at Trade District!
>*Scores of DKs mobilize, corner gnome under a crawlspace*
>Come out now! If you do not come out I'll release the ghoul and he will bite!
>*Ghoul barking*

>all the trials in Stormheim involve you fixing shit that Skovald broke after getting butthurt that he's unworthy

He passed the combat trail and tore a watcher's apart limb from limb. He broke dragons to his will too. I think he probably counts as passing the trials.

>STOP RESISTING OR I'LL DEATH COIL YOU

>How in the flying fuck you could actually believe the two faction system is good?

Not him, but it fosters competition and involvement from the community. People naturally support teams and enjoy competition and the Horde and Alliance provide that.

Can you explain why it would be better to have sides? I can't see it.

>Not him, but it fosters competition and involvement from the community.
False. A full set of factions and sides fosters competition and involvement from the community. Two factions leads to a galvanized mess where people have gotten so drunk off the system they actually think to argue in its favour as if this wasn't a done case.
I don't need to have a discussion about this sure as the Earth doesn't start being flat just because some cretins think otherwise. There are no advantages to the two-faction system. Get lost, "not him".

>A full set of factions and sides fosters competition and involvement from the community. Two factions leads to a galvanized mess where people have gotten so drunk off the system they actually think to argue in its favour as if this wasn't a done case.

Do you have any proof? Two factions allows them the interaction play but also reduces development costs.

>I don't need to have a discussion about this sure as the Earth doesn't start being flat just because some cretins think otherwise. There are no advantages to the two-faction system. Get lost, "not him".

Why are you so angry about this? WoW has stuck around for a long time and been a big success, in part because of the factions getting people invested.

>Yeah we uh, got called out to this neighborhood that's known for a lot of fel activity. We eventually made contact with the suspicious individual
>*Hey man what's up, come here a sec*
>The suspect immediately became defensive, got kind of jittery, smelled like fel.
>*Death Knight cuffs suspect with Chains of Ice*
>*Now you got anything in your inventory gonna poke or prod me? No tanking weapon, none of that?*
>I reached into his pocket and found uh, fel paraphernalia, some used soulstones, definitely with intent to sell
>*What's this, bro?*
>At this point the individual became combative even though he had the Chains on.
>*Hey don't fight, DON'T FIGHT*
>One of the tactics we're trained to use is called "pain compliance". Basically a quick, non-injurious maneuver meant to make the suspect give up the fight
>*Death Knight rips suspect's shoulder out of its socket with one hand*

>Do you have any proof?
Facts do not require proof.
>Why are you so angry about this?
Because you're wasting my time with pointless questions. Facts do not change just because you want to have a meaningless conversation.

The two faction system is bad and you are wrong on purpose.

He brought a fel-fueled army to fight his battles for him in what are meant to be trials of individual strength. He wasn't personally strong, he was roided up on magic and had the Legion backing him up.

>Paladins got a necro-infused version of the ashbringer
>Druids got emerald nightmare skins for pvp
It is pretty cool that they gave some classes artifact appearances that showed them using the opposite of there normal power but I sucks that some missed out on cool possibilities.
>Blessed Apocolypes for unholy dk that summons an army of guardians of the ancient kings
>Arcane warglaves

>He brought a fel-fueled army to fight his battles for him

Nothing indicates this. He left the vault unaccompanied by anyone else with the Watcher's head, and the Watcher confirms he was beaten.

And while he obviously didn't earn the dragon's blessing the conventional way he still broke some to his will.

Why are you being so difficult? Skovald didn't earn entry into the Halls or perform the trials. Just admit that you're wrong and move on.

>Trollbane to Acherus- Trollbane to Acherus- We got a 162, extreme possession
>"I'm an Illidari, I was doing you job before you were even dead!"
>Seems to be Vet, handling with care
>"What have you sacrificed dime Store Paladin!"
>*Immobilizes him and calls for the Frost Wyrm for pick up*
>Yah we get these cals a lot, after the Crusade is over tons of Demon Hunters don't know what to do with themselves and start abusing fel.
>"Sir we are gunna get you healed up, take care of those scared, look a little infected"
>"I AM MY SCARS!"

He did preform the trials though.

He beat up the watcher to pass the trial of might.
He broke the dragons to pass the trial of will.
He had the bonespeakers to coerce the spirits to pass the trial of valor.

Where did trolls come from?

>We mostly do fel busts, but every now and then we have to look into other things. Like here we've got a public disturbance call - some sorta warriors leaping down from the sky and messing up this dude's lawn
>*excuse me sir, this is private property you're leaping on-*
>BOOM
>"What?"
>*Sir, this is private property you're leaping on and we're gonna have to ask you to-*
>"I have a permit!"
>*this isn't your property, sir. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave*
>Sometimes these warriors get a little mad, and their rage gets the better of them. They can be a tough arrest, but usually they don't try to run.
>*PUT THOSE SWORDS DOWN!*
>*Deathweaver to Acherus! We have a warrior resisting arrest! Be advised - subject is bladestorming - repeat - subject is bladestorming!*
>"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH"
>*WHY AREN'T THE CHAINS WORKING?*

As far as we know they evolved semi-naturally around the well of eternity as it super charged all life around it, though seeing as there is now a troll titan watcher that may be retconned into a more direct titan creation.

>there is now a troll titan watcher

He just has troll style garb, he doesn't look like a troll physically.

I'm surprised Blizzard didn't make the night elves a lot more sexually monomorphic (physiologically speaking) considering the roles of each sex in their society.

you can't sell titties in a race that's not sexually dimorphic

Is the only way to save Warcraft 4 Lore from being a mess to retcon or render WoW lore irrelevant?

just make the males lankier

Yes.

or you can make the males beefcakes and the females big-titted sluts and no one would care because it doesn't really matter

wowee interesting point thanks!!!!!

No

Pretty much.

childhood is thinking that warcraft lore was at one time not a mess. adulthood is realizing that it has always been a glorious mess that simply transitions between focal points of various cleanliness

Holy shit

>b-but Warcraft's lore was always shit!
That's bullshit and I wish people would stop spouting it just to seem cool and contrarian.

Please, show everyone how everything was clean and properly foreshadowed in the transition from WC2 to WC3.

What do you specifically have a problem with? Thrall's backstory is pretty straightforward and can be found in the Lord of the Clans novel that released before WC3. The book is consistent with the story of the Warcraft Adventures game that Blizz cancelled that was meant to bridge the gap instead (you guys should find a leaked version or look up a playthrough on YouTube; the game was mostly finished and it's pretty cool). Other than that I can't think of any egregious transition errors you might have issues with.

Yes, the magical new continent full of elves that was suddenly there, and the intergalactic demon threat, all just fit so seamlessly into a story about humans fighting orcs.

>He beat up the watcher to pass the trial of might.
>He broke the dragons to pass the trial of will.
>He had the bonespeakers to coerce the spirits to pass the trial of valor.
None of this was done under his own power, though. His physical strength was a boon from the Legion, the dragons were broken by Legion agents, and uses the bonespeakers to coerce the ancient spirits rather than earning their blessing.

He fails to move through the trials under his own power, which makes him unfit.

The portal was established back in WC1 and Draenor since WC2. Demons were a thing since WC1 but the traditional heaven/hell thing was altered as the series grew and to differentiate Warcraft from Diablo. Kalimdor being discovered affected nothing from the past games and if you have a problem with that, why don't you have a problem with the magical new human kingdoms and ENTIRELY ALIEN WORLD introduced in WC2?

Or make a prequel.

this. Nothing in WC1 even alluded to the existence of elves, gnomes and similar shit. Introducing them in WC2 was a clear violation of the lore

Reminder that human forsaken should not have joined horde.

That's a common complaint. Maybe forsaken should secede