Warhammer Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

All types of wacky edition

Previous Fight: Please stop shitting up the thread with unnecessary shit dawg. Shits not cool man. Not cool.
Do not respond to bait, hide, report, and Party on dudes (And dudettes) (pfff like women ever read through shitholes like this)

>A Homeless hobo's guide to the mortal realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Malign Portents: Who created this shit and why?
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co [Emboozled]

>Resources
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

> Core rules. All four pages of em
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handjob 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Skeletor
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Piss
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

First post because I'm cool and you aren't

Who are /your dudes/?

have you written any fluff?

My dudes are better than your dudes. Their fluff is centred around beating your dudes up in high school

Soon

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GO- I mean Khaine!

I’m suddenly curious how is Malekith. Is he still an evil overlord after ET made him the true phoenix king & then godhood? Does he ever decide to condescend to Tyrion or Teclis for shits and giggles?

I'm starting to plan out some fluff for my future Daughters of Khaine army. They're fairly urbane, working out of one of the Free Cities, and work hard to maintain a presentable outward appearance. They run women's shelters and operate refugee camps for survivors of the ongoing wars against Chaos, but their charity efforts are largely a front for their less savory business. Rather than healing and rehabilitating battered or abused women, they're given weapons and convinced to murder their attackers, dedicating the kills to Khaine. Aelves displaced by Chaos invasions are often recruited into the Cult itself, while people of other races occasionally disappear and are used for sacrifices. Now and then these things lead back to the Temple, but because they work hard on their public image, the Hags find it easy to brush off the accusations, discredit their accusers, or simply pin the blame on a few non-Aelven peons.

>t.EU

I wish, user. But we all know wishes like this don't come true.

A Flesh Eater Court led by a brotherhood of three Ghoul Kings and one Vampire Lord (who managed to escape the fate of his bros). Everyone thinks they've reconquered an ancient dragon-worshipping kingdom and brought it into a new golden age, except the Vamp and his underlings who are horrified at what the "kingdom" has become and constantly try to find a cure but to no avail. One of the Ghoul Kings (the wizardy one) snaps out of his delusions every now and then and has to basically be sedated before slipping back in and claiming he had horrific nightmares.

Huh, GW actually done a good job with those Azyrite Ruins. Getting an extra battleplan and rules is nice

No offence but this fluff sounds shit. The daughters of khaine are supposed to be a cult of bloodthirsty marauders who don't give two shits about image. Women shelters like really? Again sorry if that comes off bad but it really doesn't fit them at all. That or I'm just replying to bait.

Thoughts on pic related with yellow robes for kinda a Hastur vibe?

I don't see why not.

My DoK don't worship Khaine, instead they worship Friknik as the spirit of the party.
The cauldron of blood is full of cristal.

The head-swap is doing the trick already so yellow robes would bring extra quality

By Sigmar...

Not!Morathi hoards the blueberry vodka for herself.

Wait, what

I've not got my box yet, but I'm going along the lines of a fallen kingdom resurrected by Nagash to protect a that lies at the kingdoms center. I've not decided their realm, but I'm thinking either Hysh or Shyish just based on how I wanna do their bases. Necromantic energy rising up from dark earthen cracks. Very Spirit Host and ghost heavy, each soldier so charged with magic that it glows atop their heads like a flame and licks at their weapons evilly.

Will post pics when my models come in. Gonna use the burning skulls from Greenstuff World on a lot of the infantry instead of helmets. There's only a handful of helmeted heads I like.

Dispossessed that are still pissed off about the War of Vengeance several thousand years and an entire different world later. Decided gunpowder is for wazzocks and umgi and refuse to advance their tech past what it was back then. In Narrative play, they have Ancestor Spirits (Spirit Hosts with a Dispossessed keyword) and Grombrindal showing up frequently bc he likes how dedicated they are.

That’s a good thing, right?

Seraphon army, led by an ancient and heavily scarred slann, who carry a deep loathing for Nurgle's pestilence. They mostly operate in Ghyran, beaming down to burn down forests contaminated with Nurgle's filth. This can sometimes put them into conflict with the local sylvaneth, as these Seraphon can be so intense as to leave not a single corrupted plant in their wake, leaving dry desert and ashes in their wake. Unknown to many, however, their ship is hidden within the largest of these artificial deserts, where the skinks and kroxigor work to restore the land with starblood rituals and replanting. Their aim is to rebuild all of the tainted sections of Ghyran this way, but first... the corruption must be burned.

You should definitely lean into a pyromania theme. Maybe make the Black Knights basically Ghost Rider.

I have Stormcast Æternals. They live on a Spelljammer and cast magical spells and do magical things in the name of Sigmar and the Moon Babies.

Oh I need help making a High Elves list. Here is what I have so far:

10x Spearmen
10x Spearmen
10x Spearmen
10x Spearmen

30x Archers
30x Archers

1x Seawarden
1x Archmage

1x Anointed on Frostfire Phoenix
1x Frostfire Phoenix

It comes to 1700 points but I need to fill 300 more points and idk what to use. I was thinking Sisters of the Thorn or maybe more Spearmen idk.

Shit, this looks so close to 40k scenery.

A host of skelingtons and and spirits raised by an overly ambitious Necromancer.

He swears his power to Nagash but in his heart, is hedging his bets on the combined gangbang of everyone else destroying Nagash so he can carve out his own kingdom of the dead and work autonomously.

That's not a good sign.

We have DoK book scans yet? I don't know how quick they usually turn up.

Sort of what I was going with, but with more like...magic green fire. Not the regular colored stuff. I don't think that'd be Aqshy, but it could be on the cusp of the two realms. Where death burns brightly, you know.

Any other cool ideas I can incorporate a flame motif?

How'd Legions of Nagash or w/e work out for Death? Things actually coherent enough to work now?

rules for it are dogshit tho and require so much measuring for anything but skirmish.
That said, love the models.

You do know the faction name is "daughters of khaine" (khaine being the keyword)

>women's shelters and operate refugee camps
Wow peak soy.

Magic fire can be whatever colour you want dude. Whatever floats your boat.

As for other flame motifs, you could go with blackened fire-victim zombies. Necromancers could be built out of Bright Wizards and you could convert Bat Swarms from Brimstone Horrors (actually, I might do that one...).

Make GA: Death on level with any other battletome army in terms of viability and options.

All proper Death allegiances are still unusable tho barring MAYBE soulblight if you've got a lot of money you need to get rid of.

Rate my meme.

Pretty good

Political cartoon/10

Not enough soy

Peeping some fluff for my Daughers, The Cloistered Khainites of Redram.

Shortly after the Realmgate Wars opened up the Realms for free peoples, this sect went out to the wilderness, in the Realm of Beasts. There, where the Great Grass Sea meets the Longjaw Mountains, they founded a convent to meditate on Khaine’s Litany of Rage. Seasonally, the convent would empty and the Duaghters would either seek battle with the Orks in the mountains or the Horselords on the plains.

Life became more complex as colonists from Azyr began to settle in the shadow of the convent. The Freemen built livelihoods on the great Redrams, that lived in those parts of the Great Grass Sea, and their peerless wool. But the Sigmarite clergy that seem to pass through the town seem to attract unkind fates. Preachers get lost on the voyage from Sigmarium and sisters deliver stillborn and mutant children. Each year, more families give praise to Khaine and less give praise to Sigmar.

Reminder that the Red Mist is delicious and we should all partake in it.
Nothing bad can come of it, believe me.

Did someone say skeletons?

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar
Wight King with Black Axe (120)
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
- Ancient Spears
- Ancient Spears
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields
5 x Black Knights (120)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)
Deathmarch (110)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 177

I like it personally, but it'd be boring as fuck to play and play against. I'm trying to figure out what I want for my 2000pt bonezone/ghost host but there's so many good options.

Welcome to the Bonezone. You can potentially drop one of the Corpse Carts and use it to pump in an extra 5 Grave Guard, but that's pretty much all the real flexibility you have unless you're willing to shaft your Skeletons by having a unit of 20 in order to pump out more Knights and Grave Guard. Which I honestly would potentially recommend. Two blocks of 40 is really solid, but given the 6++ saves that everyone can get, you can afford to just have a unit of 20 that stay in the defensive around a Necro and a Cart to hold down objectives.

Do 40 skeletons have the ability to output 400 attacks? Yes. But having Grave Guard for their Rend or Black Knights -- as mediocre as they are -- for super mobile charges is pretty important and it allows you to not just be "the guy that slaps down three swarms of skeletons and slowly pushes them forward." It'll help to allow you personally to have more fun and speaking as a Freeguild gunline player, it'll also help your opponents enjoy playing against you more.

And make sure to put the Ossific Diadem on a Necromancer instead of your Wight King. You don't -have- to and the model does already have a crown, but I personally prefer giving your opponent more incentive to also try to get the Necromancer that's hiding behind his 4+ Look Out, Sir! save in addition to his ward save. I'll need a few games before I can really be the judge of whether or not its worth it, but it just seems like a good way to help force your opponent to pick his target, rather than "Focus absolutely everything on this one 5 wound general."

Oh, and Grave Guard with Shields is nice enough to help the 10-man unit survive, but especially when you end up with a 20-man unit, you'll want the great weapons. If your Grave Guard is getting into fights with chaff that don't have Rend, you're squandering them. They'll usually be engaged with other elite units and then the Crypt Shield is just a complete joke.

Speaking of spooky fire-ghosts. Bat Swarms works, but you could just use 'em as your Spirit Hosts as well, if you're really wanting to push the whole "flaming Ghost Rider skulls and fire, fire, fire!" motif.

Unrelated person but I was wondering if taking the Death-Forged Chain on a Wight King would be a good idea to add to his resilience. Also since you sound very experienced what you recommend as a starter list for someone whose looking to run head first into Bone zoning land?

I know. I just wanted to see what a list with 120 rattle bones would look like. I mostly stick to 1k and use this:

- General
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Ossific Diadem
Necromancer (110)
- Ancient Spears
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields
5 x Black Knights (120)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)

Total: 980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 81

Yeah, I forgot to add artifacts and spells to the list. I’ll also swap guard to great weapons. I was wondering about that.

As a second artifact, it's a solid pick. But you are never leaving home without an Ossific Diadem. The second invuln save is just too good to pass up. If you're expecting a lot of sniping, the Death-Forged Chain is nice. Otherwise, something like the Hourglass of Spooky Times on a Necromancer is a solid pick to hinder/kill the enemy's support heroes.

As far as the starter list, it's the same shit that I've been having to post thread after thread. Wight King with Lord of Nigshizzle, 2x Necromancers, 40x Skeletons with spear and shield, 10x GG with dealer's choice, 5x Knights, and a Corpse Cart. Pic related is a good place to start with a conversion for a Deathrattle corpse cart. It's from RAFM, the actual skeletons are all seperate so you can put in some of your own if you don't like their sculpts, and it's $23. If you aren't playing in a GW, it's no real secret to buy Mantic's skeletons. They're really good, and I personally much prefer 'em to GW's for their general look and feel. Plus, skeletal rats. It's a matter of taste, but I'm also not above saying that getting 40 skeletons for $35 from Goblin Gaming is a fucking insane price.

Good on you, dude. And yeah, that's the 1k list I was talking about, first user. Spells are pretty whatev. I still like having Grave Guard with shields at 10-man units because they just feel so fucking vulnerable, but if you send them up against Greatswords with those pissy little Crypt Shields and suddenly just have a 6+ save while they're laughing with a 5+, it feels pretty shitty.

Thanks

Original user with the bone hoard. I’ve actually been wondering about getting the mantic skeles for a while now since I can get them in 40

Since you're pretty knowledgable, can you give a fledgling Death player insight? If I'm running a lot of skellies, are Black Knights worth it? I remember reading in earlier threads that overall Hexwraiths are better, but I wonder if BK have better synergy with a Wight King, GG, SW and such. I know I can use Deathmarch if I have BK but that doesn't seem good enough to justify bringing them only for that.

What do you guys have in mind for 1000 and 2000pt DoK lists so far?

Who's gonna be a hero and upload the PDF of the DOK battletome?

My current lore is based around the ruins of a kingdom in Shyosh that once hosted a numerous amount of academys and a powerful soulblight aristocracy.

However, following its destruction during the age of chaos, its shattered remains were squabbled over by its survivors and its chaotic invaders. It wasn't until Arkhan the Black arrive, did stability return, as he gathered the surviving Necromancers and Soulblight warriors, and rallied them towards the slaughter of the chaos marauders.

Eventually, the kingdom was resestablished in the Bad Lands, with a focus on the study of the black arts, and now boasts a prostegious acadeny dedicated to the powers of Shyish.

Knights are cheaper and let you use the death march battalion

Happy to help.

Yeah, they're pretty fucking rad. I quite like the look of an actual skeletal army instead of just random bits and bobs on a bunch of naked skeletons. Mantic's have a much more regimental look, either like proper Barrow King army or of fallen soldiers risen out of their graves with moldy cloth and rusty mail. And I fuckin' love their Revenants for Grave Guard, since that ornate fancy army is just lovely. Works works to help pick them out on the table as well, and makes for a proper band of undead men-at-arms taking to the field of battle. Their Revenant Cavalry, some folks like and some don't. I personally dig it and especially the horses. Still have some good hunks of rotting flesh on 'em, and they just look right. Won't try to push you on 'em, and Black Knights look just fine with Mantic skeleton warriors around 'em.

Hexwraiths are definitely better. BK are mostly just run as you mentioned for Death March which is a solid enough reason, but also because you can -- although you rarely will -- also give them the benefit of your various Deathrattle support. Nigshizzle and the Bone-Crown both work for your Black Knights, but not your Hexwraiths. But ultimately, it's down to your personally tastes. Hexwraiths have the chance to pump out some Mortal Wounds and they're also more durable which is important since DI is pretty meh for 2-wound cavalry. If you aren't running Deathmarch and can afford the points, by all means.

Question: How fluffy would a DoK army be thats based around those that were traitorous to Morthai, or failed her? And those that were reborn are those of her most bitter enemies, recreated and forced to serve her?

Anyone else still holding out hope for a start collecting Bonesplitterz?

They'd need a plastic hero first. All the bonesplitta heroes are finecast

>dat exposed esophogas on the standard bearer's steed
Grody. Also, I really wish that it was more viable to run a mounted Wight King along a band of 10 or so Black Knights. It seems suicidal, and suffers since you can't run mounted Necromancers anymore. But the idea of a Wight King galloping off to war and proccing Lord of Bones + LoN + VanHel's to give yourself a unit of Knights that are each attacking 4 times with their lances and 4 times with their hoofs, and then get to pile in and attack again just sounds hilariously. Ten knights could potentially dump out 160 attacks.

Hopefully they get on that

Not after the KO Start Collecting.

>Battletome factions that aren't Stormcast getting new models
Get a load of this guy.

Ok, well I just ordered all 40 that I need

Why's that?

It's kinda nutty that you can get all the units you'll need for a 2000 point army -- 10 Black Knights, 20 Grave Guard, and 120 Skeleton Warriors -- for $150, and still end up with more models that you'll even need.

how long until seaweed elves get released?

>a shitty baby-boat that you'll never realistically use
>no battleline

feelsbadman

You've simultaneous sold me on both Black Knights and revenant cavalry. Thanks based user.

Hey /aosg/, I just got a new phone and I wasn’t able to recover my skeleton pics. Could you share yours with me?

We'll see when someone uploads their battletome

I mean, keep in mind that Black Knights are strictly inferior. But they also get to be cheaper because of that, and they can still shine if given a bit of love. I've honestly be considering trying something like what mentioned and just making a pretty casual list focused around a retinue of Knights and a Wight King charging into battle. I can't imagine it'll perform particularly well, but it seems like it could be fun.

Really, think of Black Knights as something that's not really durable enough to be considered real chaff and something that's not really killy enough to be considered a hammer. They're a real jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none sort of unit that you have to be aware of the weaknesses of. I'll report back if I end up finding a mounted skeleton that I like enough to use as a mounted Wight King.

And yeah, I dig Revenant Cavalry. But like I said before, Mantic's undead are definitely pretty regimented, and that doesn't work for every Your Dudes deathrattle army. If you want naked skeletons with rusty blades with a sorta Germanic/Gothic feel to 'em, GW's are amazing. But if you want a different flavor and don't play in a GW, feel free to experiment. You want Egyptian skeletons and have the money to burn on Tomb Guard? Do it. You want to make flaming skeletons from Aqshy and use heads or go full crazy and use a combiantion of skeletons, state troops, knights, dark elf warriors, and kroot to make pic related? Do it. Age of Sigmar has freed us all to make whatever zany shit we want, and you're only selling yourself sort keeping yourself strictly to what you see on the GW webstore.

Bonezone man, I'm the fireskull dude up there. I want to stay competitive but also use the models I want/keep a theme together. I like the idea of a mixed army of bones and ghosts. I'm not even sure that's a viable build, either.

What would be my best options to load up on as I expand into 2000pts? All I have currently is a Blood Queen box and 20 extra skeletons.

>mfw I realize I can fluff an army of mantic skeletons as the remains of not-bretonia

Live the dream, user. Now that Necromancer spam has become more or less required to run Deathrattle, I'm still pondering my options but I'll probably end up snatching up these three bastards for use as my necromancers. The fact that one even comes with the Hourglass of Spooky Sand is just a bonus.

Honestly, I dunno. You'll definitely not ever be looking at Deathmarch, so you can just go ahead and replace all use of Black Knights with Hexwraiths. I honestly dunno how much use you'll get out of a Corpse Cart, though the extra healing could be good. Your call if you want to run it or drop it for the sake of flavor. You'll probably be using the Knight of Shrouds, so I don't honestly know if you have any real need to bring a Wight King. The Black Axe will do you more good than the Blade just for a unique gimmick since you don't need him to be as durable. Spirit Hosts are pretty fucking good from what I've seen, and the fact that even your chaff can shit out Mortal Wounds is great. Honestly, since all of the ghosts can put out Mortal Wounds, you have somewhat less reliance on Rend, so you might just avoid Grave Guard for some units of Skeletons to use as even-more-disposable chaff.

Sorry I can't be of more help. But yeah, I can't really see a reason that Fire Ghosts and Fire Skeletons would need BK or GG over what's available on the ghastly side of things. It's important to remember that none of the Nighthaunt heroes come with DI. It's part of why I'm not sure about how much use you'll get out of a Corpse Cart, and it's also something that is going to make any skeletons you run crumble. Obviously you're going to have some necromancers and maybe a Wight King, but every Cairn Wraith or Banshee you put in the leader slot alongside the KoS is one less source of DI.

What company is that? Source?

I’m doing a hastur necromancer right now too

>he unironically wants SCE2.0 and mandrake2.0

TabletopArt? Some Kraut company I found online. Strangely enough, their miniature line consists of three things. A pair of naked sex slaves. Giant boar. And Grim Reapers, under the listing of German name of Sensenmann. About $15 a head. There's also this dude I was thinking about, Reaper's line. Comes with a bone head and a helm if you get the metal version. The screaming skull scepter seemed pretty amusing.

Yeah you pretty much hit all of the points I had thought. Wraiths and Banshees are good, but they're in the hero slots, and anything in there needs to have DI or it's mostly useless. Even if the Cairn Wraith is a half decent beatstick, he's almost a waste of 60 points.

On the Knight of Shrouds, I have a hard time thinking I need to take him mostly because of how reliant I'd be on him. If he's sniped, that's the ghost half of my army pretty much nipped in the bud for effectiveness. Spirits and Hexwraiths are still good, but not nearly as good as if I had them in the +1 bubble.

I think I'm mainly going to run mostly bone-zone and just have some ghosts and hexwraiths slapping around for fun. Lord of Nagashizzar is way too valuable to pass on for massed skeletons. Though, if I could figure it out, I think dire wolves might actually be a good option instead of skeletons for what I want, since that means most of the army moves rather quickly aside from the heroes.

Just spitballing mostly. I've just barely started up AoS so I only know what I know without playing it. All I know, is that I love the spirit host /hexwraith models and ghost aesthetic, and that morghast and skeletons are fucking great.

I have't really been able to put together a 2k list that doesn't look like 'i just took all the models i liked :3'

>>Just spitballing mostly. I've just barely started up AoS so I only know what I know without playing it. All I know, is that I love the spirit host /hexwraith models and ghost aesthetic, and that morghast and skeletons are fucking great.
My man. I'm still assembling my Blood Queen box and won't play a game for a while yet, but I know use the ghosts and morghasts somehow. I love those models.

Grand Legion of Nagash makes Morghasts battleline, Papa Bones himself pairs up pretty well with them. Ghosts can be your harassing force.

Hell yeah my dude. This is what I plan on running with, whenever my stuff comes in the mail. It's pretty bog standard and doesn't have ghosts, but I was considering starting a side-army of Nighthaunt, too, just in case my idea of mixing bones n boos doesn't work out.

- General
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Ossific Diadem
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Decrepify
- Ancient Spears
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Great Wight Blades
2 x Morghast Harbingers (220)
- Spirit Halberds

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 77

That's...not a bad idea. Nagash and a handful of Morghast surrounded by craptons of Spirit Hosts and Hexwraiths with some necromancer support.

I just hate the idea of using big named characters like Nagash on principle, though.

What are Daughters of Khaine?

15 threads filled with shitposting

Morghasts are his personal guard, if there's an army where Nagash himself fits its that one.

Nigger aelves.

An army that just got their battletome? No-one's getting two scoops except for Stormcast.

I forget. Does GHoN make Morghast battline, or do they need Big Bone Nagash there for that rule? Since I have the Blood Queen box I'm thinking of running the morghasts and the mortarch in GHoN, but from what I can tell mortarchs are a bit too pricey for 1k games.

Pretty similar to what I'm planning. Only real difference is I'm thinking of dropping that second necromancer you have and throwing on a corpse cart or black knights for extra maneuverability.

Dow do you paint mantic skeletons? GW ones are pretty quick, but mantic’s look tougher

More or less the same as you do Grave Guard. Bone, cloth, leather, and metal. And then lovingly caress your skeletal rat. The only naked skeleton you'll be painting is the one that's ripping its way out of the earth.

Settra leading a construct army when?

Basically this . Think of it more like painting State Troops except replacing flesh with bone. Unless you go with white cloth, you're not going to get away as easily with the old spray-and-wash mass production line, and even then you're still gonna have a decent bit more work. The look's well worth it, imo.

>skeletal rat
I already like mantic more than gw now

I figure i’ll Go coral white then sephia and bone colour. Just need to pick a cloth colour

Corax*

Honestly, consider flipping through the Uniforms and Heraldry of the Empire. You can get the pdf from the WHFB general. There are a lot of interesting schemes in there, even if everyone tends to just default to the same few. And yeah, I definitely love the bits and bobs on the Mantic sprues. From the skeletal rat to the dude popping out of the grave and even just the general goofy malice to their skulls, there's a lot of character to the sculpts.