Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Get cucked blueberries edition.

>NOVA Info
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/01/registration-for-the-nova-open-now-livegw-homepage-post-2/

>Warhammer 40k short film
youtu.be/ClfhBZR9-As?t=25m9s

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/750/748328.page#9860589
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for waifus

But that's not a sister of battle.

How many people do you think see dark eldar and go
>oh chaos eldar, like those space marines, thats neet

Xth for Tau sucks and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Kroot mercenaries WHEN?

I doubt many do that. DEldar aren't advertised much so if you start seeing them you are probably already looking into the setting.

What do you think are the most popular 5 mono armies/chapters right now? And least popular?

I have literally never met a dark eldar player irl.

Claiming best Imperial waifu.

Taufags will cry even if their codex is good.

Just like every other faction has so far!

I’m the only DE player I know so that seems about right.

Borkan adds 6" on heavy weapons.
Yvarha deepstrike platform's flamer is a heavy weapon

Deepstrike Yvarha within 9" of enemy and melt anything within 14". Can't even attempt long-range charge to avoid the flamer.

I dont know about top 5, but I see loads of Tau and Nids. But probably most common is custom-chapter space marines using ultramarine rules.

Best load out for Deldar Sybarite and Dracon?

Only if we don't get melee options. I want to be able to do this.

So I messed around a bit with the mathhammer sheet and checked the Riptide's points efficiency before and after the leaked point buffs. The results are... underwhelming. However, the leak doesn't mention stat changes (for weapons) which another leak did, so maybe there's hope yet.

So how are you going to honor his memory?

If you deploy it normally, then Nova charge to get it into reserves, then deploy it from deep strike.

What's this meme about it not having deepstrike?

Starting DA army.

He didn't deserve to die. Maybe I'll make some sort of conversion if anything.

Gonna sacrifice my butt virginity to the Dark Gods in his name.

I got an old banner bearer sitting around that I'd gladly scrap if I found a way to get an image of him on there.

Who the hell is that and why would I care?

Agonisers are good, they're cheap and a good way to use those extra attacks.

None of the other options really make a big difference, though you could throw on some blast pistols if you had the points to blow, but I've never found they see much use.

I've been seeing people mention points and stat leaks, but the only leaks I've seen are the sept traits. source on these please?

I've been working towards not being a skeleton anymore. Ill just keep at it as best I can

A guy on dakka dakka who's been accurate two or three other codices.

I already play dark angels, so I guess I'm just going to have to beat everyone at my LGS and become the boss of the gym.

Haven't been around since Codex Chaos dropped, can I get the official Codex power rankings as they are now?

Well ya I've already seen their posts about the sept traits, i was hoping for a link to the points and stats posts.

lurk moar you fucking newfag scum

>you will never be a rogue trader's trophy husband

;_;

Newfag

>Being this new

Codexes hardly matter, it's all about soup now.

It really waters down the experience.

Finished 120 grots today

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/750/748328.page#9860589

Well done user, have some boobs as reward for your hard work.

uh oh pp hard

What meme? It doesn't have any native deep strike ability, it has to deploy on the battlefield. Then you can use its nova charge on your first turn to remove it and then redeploy it at the beginning of your next movement phase (weirdly for a DS).

Soup - is it working as intended?

Did the game designers really want imperium players to be able to pick and choose like this?

I know that the imperium would work together - but in such a hodgepodge manner?

That's 119

GW want to sell more models. The game is secondary.

For what purpose?

thread question:
who wins between admech and t'au in the lore because we all know the codex is going to be OP

Its working as intended for Chaos IMO. CSM and Daemons should almost always be present together and its was weird how the rules failed to represent that.

why not?

>Some random fag dies and I'm expected to care
Lol nope

How do I read this shit?

>Needing a reason to Grots

Lurk more, newfag.

The rules did reflect this until they spun daemons off into their own codex in what, 5E. They should be one codex.

>Soup - is it working as intended?

Yes, people are buying minis from armies they don't collect to plug gaps in armies they do collect, which is increasing sales.

This was the intention.

Are there rules for 30k Breachers in 8th edition?

>showing how deep your newfaggotry runs

Have you tried using your eyes and brain?

I want the deldar book to be good, but not too good because I like playing a rarer army.

although, most people won't even bother looking at any army that doesn't have a 3+ armor save

Fuck off newfag

Being this much of a faggot should be a bannable offense.

>Being this booty-blasted

Pull that dildo out off your ass, you're just being a pain in the butt now.

>Someone's dead
>Ask who it is
>tg gets buttblasted instead of answering
>Surprised when idgaf

>Farsight enclaves get Black Templars but better warlord trait
Please stop shitting on my guys

I think they just wanted people to buy more varied shit and didn't think it through.

Are you retarded? Scroll to the top of the page. His name is right fucking there

You're unlikely to get a straight answer. Tribalism permeates that sort of discussion. I'd lean to AdMech just because they have all sorts of OP old DAOT weapons stored away and they have a lot of clout with the Imperium.

>spoonfeeding
Go, at least lurk a while instead of acting like a total fag. Reverse image search, google, so many things make it so easy.

>tg mocks me for being a ignorant newfag when it's literally at the top of the page
>proceed to get bootybothered and try to claim it's them who was upset ;__;

Fix'd.

Writefagging by request for this picture. Enjoy / cringe at your leisure, faggots.

Ehri felt no desire to participate in what was only the latest of the countless skirmishes that erupted between her people and the strange, almost robotic Cadians. An Attilan warrior would get drunk or boastful and make the mistake of shoving one of the pristine-uniformed troopers aside, only to have the nearest half dozen of his comrades stand and turn to his defense, moving eerily in concert to stare down the offending Rough Rider. There was no doubt that her people were the greater warriors, but Ehri was beginning to see what the young midshipman had meant about the Cadians being the greater “soldiers” – a foreign word that was only now starting to assume a meaning for her as she observed the Cadian phalanxes perform even the most insignificant acts with coordinated, disciplined precision. It was like each man wasn’t even a man, but a finger or toe of some larger organism. One beast of a vast herd.

Yes, that was it – they were a herd, hardly even human. Quiet, devoid of any kind of mirth or personality that she could discern. They didn’t say much to Ehri or her people, but it was clear from the cold stares of their violet eyes why the Cadians disliked them: contempt. These mindless beasts, these human ants – they looked down on her tribe, and that was enough to make Ehri’s Attilan blood run hot.

1/6

Row is loadout, column is target, number is points per wound, color is how high or low that is (all the yellows and reds aren't a good sign). So for instance, a Riptide with a nova charged Heavy Burst Cannon and two Smart Missile Systems at a blob of Guardsmen would cost 44.85 points per wound inflicted whereas after the point drops it'd cost 36.89. It's a measure of how effective something is at damaging a given target.

Didn't indent at all. Pathetic

>Billy Herrington
>Literal faggot
>Subject of equally gay memes
Lol now I'm just glad he died.

She took her silent storm of renewed distain with her through the Talionus’ spinal causeway, making her way to her regiment’s stowage and stabling deck. She had been told by the crew that the Talionus, as one of the older Imperial starships, was quite massive in interior scale. Vaulted ceilings and ribbed buttresses lined the corridors of the ship like the vertebrae of a giant beast, each inlaid with the carvings on long-forgotten artisans. Yet even the grandeur of the immense vessel was not enough to assuage the sensation that Ehri was buried in a dark tomb. For one born under the endless sky, a roof made any cathedral a cave.

A pair of bumbling servitors stared at her drooling and open mouthed as Ehri passed them on the ramp to the lower decks, pausing in their shambling to regard her with their empty dead eyes. Even three months into the voyage the soulless things and their mechanical appendages made her skin crawl. Ehri kept her eyes off of them as she pushed onwards into the bowels of the ship.

The space hollowed out to accommodate the all the war material an Imperial regiment needed to make war was a cavernous void multiplied by the incomprehensibility of the scale of an Imperial warship. Thousands of lumen rods stretched from one end of the bay to the other, continuing in parallel lines ad infinitum until disappearing into the haze of distance. Beneath the suspended lights lay entire mountain ranges of supplies, a craggy landscape of crates, boxes, vehicles, and machinery packed together and anchored to the floor by nests of taut wire cables.

2/6

Question. If you have a jump pack can you charge through enemy models? Specifically I'm talking about jumping a screen to charge a character.

It was impossible to know just how much was stored in this room, but it was simple to see which regiments each paddock of material belonged to. The Attilans had brought with them mostly their mounts and the means to feed them, with only the odd pile of spare strap leather, blankets, or blacksmithing tools checkered around the expanse in messy heaps. The Cadian gear, by contrast, was a riot of complex and specialized gear, all stored efficiently in crates that bore a complex code of numbers and letters. Thousands of armored vehicles, untold tons of ordnance, artillery, medical supplies, hostile environment gear, uniforms, fuel – the Cadians seemed to have brought their entire world with them.

Ehri threaded her way through the maze of towering crates, navigating landmarks she had memorized to find her own designated stable easily. She passed a pair of sentinel war walkers with the plain digits 2 – 6 printed on their hulls, then between a pair of paddocks loaded with some kind of tracked machinery she couldn’t fathom the purpose of. Finally, she rounded a corner and the maze of black and olive green crates opened up to reveal the stabling area.

She was greeted by the welcome sight of row after row of horses idling peacefully in their improvised pens, grazing their hay rations as their tails swatted at the bloatflies they had brought into the ship with them. The familiar aroma of dung and unwashed animals saturated everything now, and Ehri breathed it in like another Terran might the misty winds of a wave-licked beach. This was as close to home as she could find here in the belly of this great metal leviathan.

3/6

Yes cuz "flying" keyword lets u

It's also a problem of scale. The admech outnumber the tau empire in its entirety, which means a direct comparison of the two (ignoring the outside factors making that an impossibility) is a little ridiculous.

Suna lifted his head and turned his ears to her as she approached, bringing a smile to Ehri’s lips. It was pleasing to know he had missed her, too. “Chamaig sanaj,” she said in greeting as she patted his neck and nose, checking to see if the noble warhorse was still in good health. The journey across the stars had been strange for them, but her tribe’s mounts were hardy and stubborn beasts. Suna’s flanks were still strong, with only the faintest suggestion of ribs beneath his muscles.

“Soon, I promise,” she reassured him with the familiar sound of her voice. “We will be on new soil. They say it rains there – that one week of the year the sands become an endless lake of rainwater, like a great mirror beneath the sky. Would you like to see that?” The stallion whinnied a bit in response, eliciting a quiet laugh from her in return. “So would I.”

Ehri fed her mount from her own hand as she hummed a soft, soothing tune for him, forgetting everything else for a brief moment and letting her thoughts turn to home. Her reverie was sundered by the metallic snap of released latches as a crate was unlocked behind her. Ehri turned with a bit of a start, hand lowering halfway to her holstered laspistol before she saw what had broken her moment of peace. A sandy-haired Cadian trooper in desert drab combat fatigues, watching her with violet eyes and the faintest suggestion of a smile.

“My apologies,” he said in crisp Gothic, sounding far more amused than apologetic.

Ehri felt her face flush up a bit, irrationally upset that one of them had caught her in such a private moment. How had she not heard him coming? Had he been spying on her? Had he heard her? The thought of one of these pretentious, empty shells seeing her sharing a tender moment, seeing her as anything but a warrior made her feel...vulnerable, somehow. Like she had been caught bathing in the wilds.

4/6

“What do you want?” she snapped in her accented Low Gothic, not bothering to conceal any bit of venom from her voice.

“A couple of things. A new uniform first,” he said in a slightly raspy voice, tapping the now-unlocked crate beside him and prying the lid open on its hinges. Ehri noticed now that there was a quite a large blood stain on the soldier’s shirt, stretching from his left shoulder across his chest in messy, brown-red blotches. The blood wasn’t his. Before Ehri could think too much about that, though, the trooper had turned his back to her and stripped the garment off, pulling it over his head and tossing it into the open bin before digging about inside for a proper replacement.

Her eyes fell to the brand on the man’s shoulder, a screaming skull imposed over the double-headed eagle. She had seen it before – one of the specialized units of the Cadian regiment, though she could not remember which. He was muscular, but not overly so – almost a rider’s build, though a bit too tall.

“Recon.”

Ehri snapped back to awareness, eyes returning to his. Had she been...staring at him? She felt her face heat up again.

“It’s the sigil of the recon outfit,” he repeated, indicating the tattoo before pulling his replacement shirt over his chest and slamming the crate shut. He fixed her with that half-smile again as he stepped closer, seemingly entertained by her discomfort.

5/6

“I don’t care,” she finally managed to blurt unconvincingly. Ehri turned back to Suna to hide her reddened cheeks, needlessly adjusting and un-adjusting her mount’s reins to appear busy. Still, she felt his eyes on her, silently watching her pretend to work.

“You aren’t going to finish?” he asked.

“Finish? Finish what?” she stammered, turning to look at him with all the indignation she could muster.

“Your song,” he said with a smirk.

Ehri’s voice caught in her throat as embarrassment paralyzed her, thwarting her attempts to form words. She turned and walked briskly back into the safety of the labyrinth of war material, escaping the soldier’s predatory glare. The strange mixture of unfamiliar emotions followed her all the way back to the barracks.

6/6

Dont be a little bitch, Captains are ALWAYS rerolling failed hits because they hit on 2+ and reroll 1s. Farsight gets that on only the Warlord while Marines get it on every Captain or Chapter Master or Chaplain.

Nothing to cry about, except the lack of assault stratagems.

Ah I see, guess I'm tarded then. I don't know why I thought the lower numbers were worse.

Any clash between the two is going to end however the writer wants it to end. In some cases Tau win, in others AdMech win. Also AdMech don't always enter a battle to "win" it in the traditional sense, they've been known to fuck off as soon as they gather data and samples to study unless something they really want is at stake or they are obligated in some way.

AdMech simply because they're an galaxy-spanning pseudo-empire and the T'au aren't. The Skitarii legions alone number in the trillions and they don't even represent the technological pinnacle of the AdMech's ability.

The AdMech also still has better toys than the T'au do as well, even if they don't understand how they work as well and it *looks* less advanced. For example pic related is a shit-load better than a railrifle but you'd never know to look at it. In an all-out war situation the AdMech cracks open the casket containing all the DAoT shit they're normally to scared to try and use because "fuck it and suddenly the T'au are trying to deal with shit like napalm that can combust concrete and is attracted to movement.

The balance is that an all-out AdMech vs T'au war would never happen because the AdMech would have to leave their forge worlds poorly defended to deploy the required firepower to overwhelm the T'au and they can't do that when the legions of hell are trying to fuck everything without lube, so the T'au would only be fighting a few forge worlds at most so it'd boil down to who has the most manpower in the local theatre.

Malcador and variants viable when

So I've been out of the game since late 6th edition. I'm working on a dkok list. My question is with mortars, do you roll the heavy d6/d3 for each gun or is it one roll for the whole unit?

After Fires of Cyraxus

never

each gun.

You roll for each gun

Let's assume for a moment that Mars, through some Necron tech bullshittery, suddenly gets teleported way away from Terra into another Sector. Were Mars to declare the AdMech as independent from the rest of the Imperium from that point on, how long would they reasonably be able to last and hoe much would the entire Empire of Man collapse in on itself?

Holy shit. I have three 3 man teams and a heavy mortar battery. Is leaf blower still a thing? I don't want to come off as that guy.

Unfortunately no, although you can use the models for stormshield vets.

regular mortars are kinda meta atm because they're cheap as fuck so you can spam them but they are also so cheap they're almost not worth shooting at. As long as you don't spam them to hell and back you're fine.

Guard is pretty powerful atm but I don't think they're at leaf blower levels.

AdMech isnt a monolithic entity, Mars secedes and some Forgeworlds will remain loyal, perhaps out of pure sense of duty or simple ambition to become the new leading Forgeworld, but it will basically be the same as the HH except the Imperium isnt divided.

Mars gets destroyed, possibly at a high cost but still destroyed. The rest of the rebellion remains at large and isolated and slowly crushed.

Whats going to be in Fires of Cyraxus?

M-Malcador pls? I like my WW1 Dieselpunk tank fronds Q_Q

I know... god I hate how much I love the Malcador chassis. It's like the red-headed stepchild of GW's red-headed stepchild

Depends what you are shooting at I faced a guy with a bunch of those but I had a 2+ save, -1 to hit, and he could only wound on 5s so they did nothing to me all game.

Meanwhile if you faced a horde of ork boyz running at you they would do significantly better.