Dinosaur wargame fucking when

Other urls found in this thread:

eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=87_126_759&sort=3a&page=1
twohourwargames.com/adinlola.html
youtu.be/vS96CfbCZPM
youtu.be/lor_uUkJkkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking 1993.

is it good? it's less than 10€ on ebay (with a few pieces missing)

Age of Sigmar /Warhammer Fantasy have Seraphon /Lizardmen(just a namechange). The range has some dinos in it.
Maybe not what you searched, but the models are imho way above the usual toydino (as well as a big deal more expensive)

>fake ass dinos
>not real dinos

If you like pulp WW2 games, Eureka do a great range of Nazis on dinosaurs.

eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=87_126_759&sort=3a&page=1

Check out Dinomight!

>X-Wing business model, individually sold models with cards for build options
>big models with small teams
>point values limit you to things like 1 Spinosaurus or 2 Styracosaurus or 4 Deinonychus per player in regular play

There's a fair range of dinosaur models out there on the cheap (by wargame standards) already, so if people were inclined to homebrew a game to use them it'd be doable.

I think the game Savage Core has rules in it where dinosaurs and prehistoric animals can come on the board and Rex your shit. Thats a nice mini though

>featherless t-rex
its shit

T-rex was mostly featherless, this was no yutyrannus.

I personally prefer my T. rex with some floof to them but for that particular genera it's not necessarily incorrect to depict them without (what with skin impressions and all). Regardless, that's not a particular debate we need to have.

I really think that if someone aped the X-Wing system and did away with the "starter pack" entirely (putting the base rules online and having everything you need to play in each pack), built around any reasonably popular setting where 1v1 or 2v2 battles with big models make more stylistic sense than armies (dinosaurs, superheroes, mecha) then they could carve out a solid market niche.

I mean, if there were a group at your LGS playing a wargame and the barrier to entry was one ~$20 prepainted model of your choice, would you try it?

guys...

>that's not a particular debate we need to have.

is this an ability Veeky Forums has now? just stepping back from the brink like that?

It can be. T. rexes of all kinds are welcome here.

You now remember the ending of the Jurassic Park novel.

RIP dinos

I didn't mind Crichton retconning Malcolm's death for the second novel

To go full dinosaur autist, if you went with this system you could structure product releases around real time periods and geological formations instead of grab-bagging it.

So, for example, options for packs at launch could follow the Hell Creek formation and include 1x Tyrannosaurus, 1x Triceratops, 1x Ankylosaurus, 2x Quetzalcoatlus, or 4x Dakotaraptor.

Wave 2 could be the Morrison with 1x Stegosaurus, 1x Torvosaurus, 2x Ceratosaurus, 2x Allosaurus (perhaps with included "Saurophaganax" rules to allow you to use just one buffed up), 4x Marshosaurus, maybe a big Diplodocus/Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus like the capital ships in X-Wing.

Wave 3 might be Bahariya with 1x Spinosaurus, 1x Carcharodontosaurus, 2x Dicraeosaurus, perhaps a big Paralititan, maybe jump into the Elrhaz for 1x Sarcosuchus and 2x Suchomimus.

And so on. I don't know, just a thought. It would keep a science veneer while giving a good spread of models. Each pack would be competitive as a single player's individual units for a game but ones with more models would necessarily be more expensive.

Why not forgo geological formations and just solely go by time periods instead?

That way there's still an air of scientific legitimacy but people can also field the dinos they want.

Mostly because you're generally limited in the number of models you can release at a time. I'm just speaking in terms of themed game updates, not factions or anything (which wouldn't anyway matter in a game with units so small as was suggested.)

Plus a 1/2/4 "Large/Medium/Small" unit size restriction for regular play would let you mix and match, e.g. take 1 Allosaurus and 2 raptors instead of 2/4 of each if you were so inclined.

If you like Two Hour Wargames rules, there is always their Lost Lands game:

twohourwargames.com/adinlola.html

Flesh rpg when?

Dinos were made of flesh user.

This needs to happen. Not only I, as a pretend adult, would spend too much money on this, I would be forced to spend even more money on it because of my children.
So Juvenile>Adult>Ancient for each dinosaur as a way to give them rookie standard and veteran status?

Get Fantasy Flight on the phone, we have their new money printer.

>To go full dinosaur autist, if you went with this system you could structure product releases around real time periods and geological formations instead of grab-bagging it.
I am a paleobiology student. I don't study dinosaurs and I don't play wargames, but if someone made this I would do both.

Please, please let this actually happen.

Dinosaur Hunting Rules

He means Flesh the comic, it's about time travellers who go back to harvest dinosaur meat on an industrial scale.

It goes horribly wrong.

Now that I think about it, what's the deal with associating mesoamericans/native americans with dinos?

The Lost World.

>he uses scientifically accurate dinosaurs for his campaigns
Hello birdfucker shitter, get some taste

Shut your whore mouth

Why don't you just use dragons if you intent to use fantasy lizards?

First thought from the image was a Primal Rage game with units for warring tribes, a couple dinos to theme, and whichever dinogod rules over them. Most probably get singular dinos, like Sauron and Armadon having midsize tyrannosaurs and anklyosaurs, while Talon comes with deinonychus packs. The mammals might just get some ape-men or something.

The Lost World/steamy jungle/"who knows what's out there?" mysteriousness, initially, but it's only been strengthened by the obvious "feathered serpent" connection.

If you're going to be using a highly fictionalized version of an animal already, why not go all out?

All these animals are fictional anyway.

I just thought the Hammond in the books was night and day from friendly grandpa in the movies

Book hammond was a huge cunt, yes.

Does like a bitch as well.
Also hated how Grant was fucking night and day for the books... probably to provide some faggy character arc... in a movie 100% about dinosaurs...

~
The answer is "aliens"

>a movie 100% about dinosaurs
>14 minutes of dinosaur screen time
I'm not sure you get how movies work.

Are we talking in a "even the most informed guesses aren't true to life" kind of way or a "Satan put them bones in the ground ta trick us" kind of way?

Why don't you just use chickens if you intent to use inbred ugly feathered abominations?

>feather mane
You know this wasn't a thing right

...Because that's what they were? It's like asking why you don't give your tigers scales instead. If I'm going to use a fictional animal then I'd rather use a fictional animal, instead of half-assing either way.

Because that stegosaurus looks awful.

>because that's what they were
I don't play games for realism, aviphile

>because that's what they were
Oh then i guess fucking Sauropods were covered in feathers as well, don't forget Spinosaurids and other dinosaurs like Triceratops

Do you seriously need an answer?

Because dragons look entirely different, have a completely different aesthetic to them and they function in ways entirely different?
If you ask this seriously then you're probably retarded

Comic books are a mistake

Well, you say that....

It depends on what you define as "feathers", I guess. Feather- and fur-like structures by all indications predate the dinosaurs entirely, so their presence in some capacity on any species (even the ones we have partial skin impressions for) isn't impossible. We know ceratopsians in particular had hair-like bristle structures at least in their basal forms and some of them lived in quite cold climates, so a furry coat isn't an impossibility.

Also keep in mind sauropods are saurischians under the old system and thus much closer to theropods than they are ornithischian herbivores, so it's not out the window.

I am so disappointed that it took sooo long for the best toys ever to be posted.

youtu.be/vS96CfbCZPM

And the tv show
youtu.be/lor_uUkJkkw

Played a demo of this at a gaming con once. A bit unbalanced, but a lot of fun. Plus since there are stats but no official models, you're encouraged to use toy dinosaurs instead, which was way more hilarious than it sounds.

How disappointing is it to have such a detailed sculpt be so un-dynamic. just terrible

It's meant to be the T. rex in the Batcave.

Was coming here to suggest this.

I'm hoping for a Flesh expansion when the 2000ad rpg finally comes out

Didn't we semi-recently find some trike skin imprints showing large hexagonal scales and scutes?

they looked like big chickens

you look like a big chicken

i'm really more of a hooded vulture guy

Yes, they're really big hexagonal scales with spiky bits on them (which doesn't rule out some hair-like filaments/possible hedgehog quills on the rump like its ancestors had.) And the interesting thing is that this is completely different from even its close relatives which we also have skin impressions from.

What scale would be best for dino miniatures?

bird, probably

Going for a system like , I would say "pretty big."

Nope, no big chickens here.

Honestly you want them to be fairly small so that sauropods don't take up the entire table.

pls wait

>You now remember the ending of the Jurassic Park novel.
I'll be honest, I read the book once when it was new, years before JP1 the movie came out. I only remember that Hammond was a lot less of a Santa Claus personality.

JUST

lmao that thing on the right

I was trying to remember the name. Thanks user.

Have a floofy spinosaur.

Where do you even get legit toy dinos these days? I've got a lot of old ones from when I was a kid but I value my toys too much to break them out of their display shelf.

>Where do you even get legit toy dinos these days?
You can buy a bag of 20 of them for a buck at a grocery store where they sell the bags of army men and the capguns, and a lot of grocery and department stores like Walmart sell larger (6-10") ones for a couple bucks.

Classic big dino toys are hollow and produced out of softer plastic. Has any minis game actually produced hollow figures like this?

the larger ones are what I'm after, like the old Imperial toys.

Yes, those. Gib those. Brand please?

That's a great scale

Walmart and Dollar Stores. You can find more detailed and expensive models at Target and Hobby Lobby.

Made a tiny T-Rex. Scaled so that 1cm is equal to 1 meter. pls r8

Cute. If 1cm is 1 meter, though, he'd be the tiniest T. rex ever at true scale.

These are still around, too...

Hey, ARK: Survival Evolved is >>/v/ that way

Hammond's more of a dick, Malcom dies, Hammond gets eaten by Compys and they nuke the island at the end.

You bite your tongue, sir and/or madam!

Actually started a homebrew game like that. Never finished it.

man I wish Primal Rage would get a remake...

You need to make a even tinier batman.

this