JoJo thread Part 2: 「Electric Avenue」

Explanation of stands: jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Random power gen:powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

The Super stand Saturday archive: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs/edit?usp=sharing

Bringing it back so user can tell us about his campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Vice_Inducement)
v-room.net/g/daijin/jojoface1100.html
reddit.com/r/TabletopCrusaders/comments/593na5/documentation_catalogue_thread_2/
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Transcendent_Demonic-Undead_Physiology
youtube.com/watch?v=-RQSg2uFXMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

as the user who wrote these stands up I want to deeply and sincerely thank the drawfag who made these.
Thanks kid

Do we have to use power gen for our stand? Because I made a stand using the JoJo rpg pdf.

Nah i just put it there if you can't/won't think up a stand ability.
Do what you want

Do I post it here, or nah? And how many abilities should our stands have? As Deadly Queen does have like...3 abilities before Bite the Dust(I think).

>random roll via stand generation overdrive

[FAME]
POW: A
SPD: D
RNG: A
DUR: D
PRE: E
POT: B

User can manipulate imaginary physics, the part of physics that deals with things that either don't fit into standard categories or are not fully understood or unknown (Imaginary Mass, Virtual Particles, Imaginary Numbers, etc.), possibly relating to higher dimensions or what is now considered to be fringe science.

Since imaginary physics are considered to be a gray area, it may seem like magic, rather than science to others. In fact, some users may have enough skill to make it actually step into the realm combining them.

Applications
Absolute Force Manipulation
Dimensional Exchange
Dimension Shifting
Division by Zero
Imaginary Element Manipulation
Exotic Matter Manipulation
Interspatial Manipulation
Dimensional Manipulation
Negative Mass Manipulation
Pseudomathematics Manipulation
Formula Manifestation
Number Empowerment
Quantum String Manipulation
Warping
Warp Manipulation
Zero-Point Energy Manipulation
Infinite Energy

>W-welp

It all depends on whether or not having more abilities serves the higher concept your stand is going for.
If I were running a campaign or something though I'd say at most two related abilities, a stronger primary and weaker secondary.
Killer queen has two abilities and then it's requiem form/ability on top of that

Yo, my JoBro.
Unless you were going for a part 6, universe resetting level stand you should have kept rolling till you hit something less op.
Or even better just made something up on your own

Yo. Wrote No Brakes in the last thread. Here's another I thought about.

「Smoke on the Water」
Power: B
Speed: C
Range: D
Endurance: C
Precision: C
Potential: A

Able to weaponize any smoke in the immediate vicinity into a solid object roughly as hard as steel. Can then manipulate the solid smoke in an offensive or defensive capacity. Treats smoke under the effect as a blunt or sharp object depending on the smoke's shape at the time of solidification and can wield it as if it had solid physical form. Thickness of smoke determines defensive capability as well so a thick billowing smoke would be difficult to penetrate. Only applies to smoke created from combustion or fire, so not fog or mist or anything of the sort. Must physically touch the smoke to engage the effect.

Appearance resembles a human skeleton similar to the Terminator exoskeleton but with much simpler details (three thick tubes on each side of the rib cage and simply a spine for the rest of the torso, etc.) and glowing red eyes that are always visible even through any amount of smoke.

Stand Name: Hellbent

Stand Ability: [Vice Inducement]
(powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Vice_Inducement)

Power - B

Speed - E

Range - A

Durability - B

Precision - B

Potential - C

Description: Power to elicit the vices in a person's soul. User can bring out the worst vices and sins in people. Doing so causes the person to completely forget everything around them to perform the Seven Deadly Sins. Usually this results in the victim's death or insanity.

One hell of a party starter, I like.

OK I will now tell you guys about the first session of the campaign I ran yesterday, just a few informations beforehand. Actually only one of the four players knew that I was going to run a JoJo game, the rest tought it was going to be just a generic game of cowboys I was going to run as a replacement for another game because another player couldn't make it.
I just told them that they were hired by some secretive guy named N. Cave to participate in the steel ball run race across the U.S to search for something of great importance that the military was also searching and sell it to him.

With all of that out of the way lets start with characters.

1.Luke "Lucky" Strike
Played by my brother, who as the only one who knew of the true nature of the game.
"Lucky" is a professional boxer who is being haunted by the fact that he killed his friend Camel, the brother of his girlfriend, on accident in a match.He tries to make amends by supporting her with money, even tough she hates him for killing her only family.

Is about to gain the Stand [Silver Rainbow].

2.John "Doc" Bidwell
Played by the girlfriend of one of the other players.
A Californian doctor that used to be in the army with an addiction to gambling and a lot of gambling debt, looking to clear it he joined the race.

About to gain the stand [the Knife].

3.Dimitry and Dimidry Blatschinky
Played by my two friends.

They are Russian twin bounty hunters that joined the race to make a fortune and get out of the country since they had trouble with some government officials.

Dimitry is the brains of the operation knows multiple languages and is interested in the customs of indigenous peoples as a hobby, knows a bit about Indians and wilderness survival, also the best shooter of the group.

Dimidry knows how to ride and care for horses the best of the group, is a decent tracker and knows how to use a knife more than how to use a gun.Likes to drink while his brother doesn't drink at all but likes to gamble.

>deadly queen

Alright, so I drew another stand today. No info on him yet, so feel free to use the image however you'd like.

While designing this one, I had "Another Brick in The Wall", "Wall of Voodoo" and "Mexican Radio" in mind as possible names.

You're welcome man, these were pretty fun to make.

javascript:quote('58293104'); cont.

They are about to gain the stands [Rock you] and [Six more to go].

The session started with N. Cave recruiting the brothers for the race telling them that they can keep all the money they win in the race and that he could even organise them a visa for the both of them and their mother, as long as they would only sell whatever they found during the race to him. The other players all receive similar offers accept and meet five days before the race in San Diego to get to know each other buy supplies and register for the race.
After being accepted into the race they try to get N. Cave to tell them what they are even searching for, he gets really evasive and excuses him with another appointment that he has while reminding the group that he will only buy when the whole group is together because he invested into all of them by paying for their registration and starting equipment, so they better not try and kill each other before the race is over.

After that the party split with Lucky staying at the hotel lobby to play chess with random people while the doc and Dimitry went gambling to gather some informations about the army's involvement in the race, for which Dimitry had to borrow some money from his brother, who was going to buy additional medical supplies.

They found a place to play poker with a drunk cavalry trooper at the table and played some games and tried to ask him what they were doing at the race.Thanks to doc's experience with gambling and his smooth talking they learned that there had been problems with Indians raiding and that they were supposed to man the balloons.
The day before the race N. Cave introduced them to the final member of the team Flash G. a half Indian ex-jockey that tried to establish himself as the leader of the group and had some troubles with Dimitry as a because of it.They spend the next days together mapping out a route they want to take and generally preparing for the race.

cont. in next post

I failed at linking my two posts together, so here we go.
and

「Hungry Hearts」
Speed: D
Endurance: A
Precision: D
Potential: C

Appearance: A large golem made of rock

Ability: The stand can eat anything, opening its jaw wide enough to swallow whole cars. It will then regurgitate whatever its eaten into another golem creature like itself to fight for the stand user

I made up 2 stands a while back- one for a game that never got made, another just for the sake of it.

Stand Name:「Mississippi Queen」
Power: C
Speed: E
Range: A
Endurance: A (D?)
Precision: B (D?)

Description: This stand takes the shape of a medium-sized glass bottle, with a green screw-top cap. Within is a thick red liquid with a scent and viscosity roughly equal to a smoky, homemade hot sauce. The design of a steamboat wheel is sculpted on the front of the bottle.

Power/Ability:「Mississippi Queen」is a curious stand whose abilities are thoroughly reliant on contact of the fluid within the bottle. Visible even to non-stand users and with an unlimited range, the stand disguises itself as an innocuous bottle of hot sauce. Upon contact with even a drop of the inner fluid, the victim is afflicted by an effect corresponding to the number of times the victim has already come into contact with said fluid in a 24 hour period.
First contact: The victim experiences pain equal to contact with the "Carolina Reaper" pepper against whatever part of their body has consumed or touched the "sauce".
Second contact: In addition to the effects of the first contact, the victim is afflicted with a high fever and severe sensory hallucinations- these hallucinations have been observed to seemingly be a midpoint between those experienced during a near-death fever and those achieved upon consumption of peyote.
Third contact: The victim's body self-immolates, burning itself into ashes.
The "sauce" the Stand produces has an evaporation rate of any real fluid, and can be diluted into other fluids without diluting the actual effects. The bottle can be broken without any ill effects to the stand user, and both the contents and the bottle itself regenerate to a "full state" at midnight EST every day. The effects of this stand stack for 24 hours before resetting, and stick to the victim until this rollover time.

Im interested to see what the players reactions are when stands show up

Weaknesses: This stand, perhaps due to its exceptional independence, is capable of affecting its owner just as much as any other living being. In addition, its status as a simple, small bottle allow for only a small amount of the "sauce" to be applied to begin with, and is near-useless in combat.

I'll post the other one later, I like this one more frankly.

Another I made up

「Dog Teeth」
Power: D
Speed: B
Range: C
Endurance: D
Potential: D

Appearance: A bear trap with a chain that wraps around the users arm

Ability: The bear trap will lunge out and bite people. Anyone bitten will have an overwhelming craving for human flesh, they will ferociously kill people and consume them. As these people eat more, they become more canine like, eventually becoming large and powerful werewolf creatures

Do you think we should add this to the OP?
v-room.net/g/daijin/jojoface1100.html

Its just a little jojo style avatar creator, but it might be useful for people who want to make character icons for campaigns

What systems do you guys play JoJo games with? I really want to try one out.

reddit.com/r/TabletopCrusaders/comments/593na5/documentation_catalogue_thread_2/
Theres a few systems, this here is a list with links to them

On the day of the race the group made their way to their starting positions which were in the first third of the body of racers, after both Mr. Steel and president Valentine held their speeches.

With all the formaleties out of the way a pistol shot started the Steel ball run race and Dimidry who was supposed to lead the group as the best horseman leapt forward and lost the rest of the group after a third of the first stage as he saw Pocoloco`s bad form and tried to over take him following him with single minded determination he rode directly behind him and followed the lucky rider before him through the perfect path on the rocky outcrop that the rest of the riders had to evade and managed to lose the rest of the group but make his way directly behind Pocoloco to the top fifteen.
The rest of the group lost sight of each other afer a couple of bad riding rolls and stayed a part of the mob that followed the top runners.
At the goal stretch Flash and the Doc managed to break away to the top 30 while Lucky stayed part of the mob somewhere in the 50s. With a series of crazy good rolls Dimidry managed to snatch victory from the rest of the top racers, earning him 100 points and a bonus hour for the last stage of the race.

After getting down from the horse Valentine immediately ordered his servants to take care of dimidry´s horse, while the president grabbed the victorious rider and congratulated him for his performance and posed with him for the papers and than took him to his vip area for refreshments.
While his guards were away getting some vodka for Dimidry, he told him that he works for the U.S..A. now and that there are nine gems hidden on the track of the race and that he can have anything he wants if he gets them for the president, Dimidry tells Valentine that he wants to keep one of the stones for himself but that he will give the rest to the U.S.
Valentine agrees to the deal and gives Dimidry a copy of the first quarter of Joseph of Arimathea's map.

How do you come up with powers for stands? Do you try and keep in some theme with the song they are named after? Obviously not all of them have powers with related themes to their name (Vanilla Ice for example among many).

I've been trying to think because I have a Black Sabbath kick right now and Fairys wear Boots seems like it would make a good stand ability or name (Thought of naming it Jack the Stripper since the solo precedes the song)

I've had this one in my mind for a while, and I guess this thread is a nice way to share.

「Roller Mobster」

Stand Ability: The stand puts a slightly transparent, green forcefield around the target. The forcefield will store all the damage the target should suffer. After 5 seconds the forcefield disappears and everything the forcefield absorbed will be released all at once.

Endurance: B
Precision: B

Appearance: A humanoid stand with slightly above avarage physique. Wears a white tuxedo, with white tuxedo pants, black gloves and black shoes. The head is a ball of dark grey smoke, that seamingly comes from where the neck should be, like a cigarette smoke.

I tend to go with memories associated with the songs more than the actual song or lyrics itself. If I felt something particularly strong when I heard a song, those circumstances will shape the power.

You're in the street and this guy slaps your best friend's stand on the ass, what do you do

I challenge the rapscallion to a pose-off

You wanna fuckin' go, m8

cont.

And tells him to look for the stones in the marked locations and that ther will only be one stone at each location.
After having some drinks with Valentine the rest of the racers reach the finish line and Dimidry excuses himself to meet up with his brother, they take care of dimitry´s horse together and Dimidry tells his brother in Russian about the deal with the president.
While this is happening the rest of the team regroups and makes their way to the twins.
They arrive just in time to see how Giro shoves Dimidry to the ground and tells him never to steal a first place from him again, while his brother helps Dimidry back up Giro disappears into the crowd and Dio remarks how it was his first place Dimidry stole since he came in second and tells the brothers that they can celebrate all they want now but that he is going to win the race.The brothers try to banter a bit with Dio but he just tells them that he has no time for their barking and leaves.

The second stage starts and the group follows Dimidry who takes them straight to the place that´s marked on the map, the rest of the group asks if they are on the right track since the seem to be going into the area without water holes, but flash shuts them up and tells them that the champ seems to know where they are going, since Mr. Cave told him to take this route too.
The group thus agrees to follow the brothers and ride some uneventful six houres till they stumble upon a waterhole and decide to camp there. Flash tells them that he wants to check some trails he saw an hour before the next morning because he believes that they belong to some Indians he wan`s to ask about the stones, the rest of the team disagrees but Flash tells him that he is going with or without them so the party agrees, the Doc tries to read some tracks while he gathers some firewood and finds a freshly killed buffalo that still has meat on it so he brings back a big chunk of meat to the camp site.

woah, you just tried to pick a fight with the new guy in town who turns out to have the stand

「Brighteyes」

When active the stand only seems to make the user's iris appear an unnatural light yellow hue

Power - A
Speed - D
Range - B
Durability - A
Precision - D
Potential - D

Stand ability - 「Brighteyes」creates a feeling of rising depression, existential dread and paranoia to those in a large vicinity around it. The longer one is exposed the harsher the outcome, though the innate will of the recipient is not fully subverted. Emotionally damaged or vulnerable people often quickly succumb to suicide and/or lashing out violently to others around them. The user seems to not be hit by the stand's powers but is overall in a perpetually depressed state which has led to periods of isolation to prevent the stand from accidentally harming innocent people.

cont.

The group decides to have Dimitry and Flash be on watch out for the night.During the first shift Dimitry notices sounds just outside the shine of the camp fire and shouts out greetings in all languages he knows and gets a bottle of booze from one of the backpacks, after about a minute a tall lean Indian guy comes out of the shadow and greets Dimitry, the Indian sits himself across from him and asks what the group is doing here. Dimitry tells him that they are part of the steel ball run race, at which the Indian gets angry and tells Dimitry that the army told his tribe that the race wouldn't go trough their territory but tells Dimitry not to worry about it since the group didn't know about it, the both of them talk a bit more about the Indians tribe who tells Dimitry that his name is Spotty Buffalo and vanishes back into the night after drinking some of the Whiskey with Dimitry.

The next day Flash and Dimitry follow the trails Flash found and search for the gem while the rest of the team head on to the checkpoint.
They find Spotty and three of his friends sleeping, Flash prepares booze and cigarettes for the group and then wakes them and asks them about some holy site that´s supposed to be somewhere nearby, Spotty told them that there are no holy sites in this area only cursed land and that they should be glad if they don´t find what they are searching for.Flash wants to know how they can find this cursed land but Spotty tells him that he won´t tell him so Flash storms off in anger, on the way down the hill back to the horses Spotty tells Dimitry that he really shouldn't look for the devils palm since it moves and never stays at one spot and makes people go crazy and from most groups that find it only one person lives to tell the story.Before they part ways Spotty gives Dimitry one of his bone ornaments as a good luck charm, Dimitry takes it not knowing that it is really a part of Spotty´s stand [Bones].

Cont.

Flash and Dimitry cought up with the rest of the group after a couple of hours of riding, just as the group found some wagon trails and decided to follow them.
They follow the tracks for the rest of the day and find some bones in the ground next to some hill and decide to camp at a rock formation nearby that shields them from the wind, the start to set up camp all of them get a really bad headache and there ended the first session.

I'm sorry that we didn't get to any stands but one of the players was almost sleeping by the end at one in the morning so we called it a night.
There will definitely be stands next session and I hope my writing wasn't too awful to read.

I might post some of the stands I designed tomorrow, thanks for reading all of this.

Don't apologise user, it was a good enough read and im sure things will pick up during your next session

「Aces High」
Power: E
Endurance: E

The stand is a deck of cards
Each card in the deck has a different word on it indicating its effect that the user can activate. The user can combine up to 5 cards into a "hand" to create more complex and powerful effects

Okay but like what are some effects(or at least examples) that the cards have?
I think that may have been pertinent information

Name: Meteora
Ability: while in active mode, Meteora can: bind itself to a target and disrupt its "rhythm." Rhythm can be anything from an object's trajectory to something like an organism's heartbeat. As a rule, living things are harder to affect than non-living, and in all cases, the more energy an item has, the harder it is to interrupt or change. Meteora has only average speed and below average physical power, so it largely relies on the user to deliver it directly to its victim though the way of an physical attack (ex. By binding itself to a bullet fired by the user and then latching itself onto the target at the time of impact). If Meteora is not bound to a target, it can also send out a pulse of disruption that is a much weaker version of its main attack.

[1/2]

in passive mode, Meteora loses all offensive ability and remains bound to the user. As a stand manifested for the purposes of life support, Meteora main purpose is to be a regulator for the user's body. While Meteora is in passive mode, the user is not affected by any previous injury/illness and their body behaves as that of a healthy human's. While bound to the user, Meteora can also alter the user's own rhythms for purposes of camouflage. When this ability is active, Meteora allows for the user to better blend in with their surroundings, making them easier to overlook--especially in a place with lots of activity. Alternatively, Meteora can also change the user's internal rhythms in such a way that it synchronizes with another persons, rendering the user completely imperceptible to that one person, but that one person only.
Type: Multiple Forms stand
Power: E
Durability: B
Learning: B
Appearance: In its active mode, Meteora appears as a bronze wire framework of a woman of the same build as its user, with an expressionless face made of a thin metal plate. When bound to an item in active mode, Meteora appears as a series of wires criss-crossing the surface of the target, and can be seen by non-stand users. In passive mode, Meteora transforms into bronze bands wrapped around the user's wrists and ankles, and can be seen by non-stand users, through it can be easily mistaken for jewelry.

[2/2]

I mean, maybe but with the established pattern that JoJo threads follow on Veeky Forums this'll be the last one for ~3-4 months.
So I doubt OP will remember to include it

Wushu.

Think of a story high concept. Think of a character and a Stand that can make that happen. Blend together the character's psychology as well as symbolic reference to the song/ album/ band in question. Think visually. Not gonna lie; good Stands are not easy to come up with but that's why we like them no?

Yeah. JoJo threads rely on the anime adaptations coming out.

> so user can tell us about his campaign
Who? What?

>The thread is this small and yet an user still cant read it

An user starting talking about his campaign but there is no indication that it was the user referred to in the OP.

"Radio Star" - after 'Video killed the radio star" by Buggles
Fucks with peoples ears and makes them hear stuff that isn't there as well as throwing them off balance.

Stand Name: 「Eleventh Finger」
Type: Punchghost
Ability: Weaponized Acupuncture

POW: C
SPD: A
RNG: E
DUR: C
PRE: A
POT: D
Applications:
- Can fire swathes of materialized steel needles at high velocity, inflicting sub-par damage but covering a wide area. Generally inaccurate, best used as a suppression tool.

-Can target specific nerve and muscle groups in close quarters and deliver precise needle strikes to inflict crippling pain or even muscle seizure, effectively paralyzing the enemy

-Can apply it's needles to allies out of combat, using a technique not unlike traditional therapeutic acupuncture to relax muscles, alleviate tension, and stimulate blood-flow to promote tissue repair

And now here is a fabulously despicable villain for you.

N.B. Rurugugar's stand was Bitter End, which didn't have any direct martial arts attacks, instead, it steadily slowly flooded an area with radioactive dust and radioactive rain. His name is based on the band Enbilulugugal's name, and his stand's name is inspired by one of their tracks on the 'The End is Extremely Fucking Nigh' album. He wore a white suit, a blue tie, sandalwood scented hair-grease, blue and white shoes, and an Earldom Signet ring set with the Thule-Society Dagger. Rurugugar was the managing CEO of a children's charity called 'Children's Hope International', and he used a 60 million cash prize to set up a fighting tourney in which only stand users can participate, stating that the money would be donated to the charity of their choice, whatever it may be. What few people knew was that his charity was actually a front operation, and that the facilities his charity supervised were mostly child soldier training camps. There was no specific ideology in the camp and no specific stated goal except to sell the child soldiers for money. The really shocking thing about all this was that Rurugugar was using footage of the fighting in the tournament as the footage for an obliteration theater, where the audience was given scopolamine and LSD, possibly other drugs as well, to empty and devastate their minds, so that they could be programmed more effectively. Rurugugar showed no concern for the children who's lives he destroyed and no concern for the political and social implications of his actions. His stand didn't take a visible shape, it just made something visible suddenly start happening when it was used and its range was semi-remote, he didn't have to be fighting you to use it, but he did have to be near you. Rurugugar had 3 stand using bodyguards and a 4th bodyguard who was a huge very human looking robot.

Rurugugar wasn't a trained combatant, and his combat role was very limited, though he used acid vials as thrown projectiles and a gun as a main weapon when forced into combat.

Stand Name: 「Wonderwall」
Stand Type: Long-range/Wearable
Ability: 「Wonderwall」Has the power to enhance the 「function」 of anything it possesses, whatever that 「function」 may be. This can be be anything from making a blade sharper, to making a car faster, to even enhancing the ability of another stand. If it possesses something humanoid, it will appear to wear the helmet and gloves, otherwise they will float nearby. If the thing it possesses is inanimate, the user can control it as if it were their stand.

Power: D
Range: B
Durability: C
Learning: D

This seems like fun, I'l just post this here...

And here's one I made myself.

I posted in the last thread about a campaign I ran called "Crimson Dawn." Anyone want me to continue?

Yes, believe that's what OP was talking about.

Then tomorrow I shall attempt to recount Jackson and Ringo's battle with 『Pinball Wizard』. Pic related as a sneak preview.

『Pinball Wizard』
DesPot: ???
Speed: ???
End/Staying: ???
Precision: ???
Range: ???
DevPot: ???

I'm interested in that, but I have an unrelated question for you; would you use this guy

or no? Not as a PC for yourself (though you possibly could), I just meant in a story. I like the concept of jojo, but I don't know anywhere near enough about it to actually run a story.

At first glance I thought that said "fucks peoples ears".
That'd be some stand.

[Motorhead]
The Stand is humanoid dressed like a racedriver with an Engineblock instead of a head.

The Stand allows the user to identify make/model of any machine as well as any problem with it. Motorhead also gives vastly increased performance with that machine will operating it.

I've wanted to write a JoJo styled story for a while about a Roadtrip in the Americana South with a lot of Stands based on cars and racing.

I would tweak it. JoJo is not really about tournaments. Araki wanted to avoid that format. Stand Users are not known to the world at large nor do they have any exalted place in the world. They just are. Think of Immortals from Highlander.

A good way to approach JoJo is to first think of a high concept story that you want to tell. Then you think of both a character who can and would bring about that story as well as the kind of Stand which could make it happen. Then go in depth. Think about the history of the character, this Stand User, how they came to be the person they are. Drill down deep into their Stand's ability. Really think about the creative possibilities as well as the realistic implications and exploit both.

To relate this to your characters and Stands, I would first lose the robot. JoJo is about humans. Yes there are Pillar Men, Iggy, Foo Fighters, etc but just trust me on this principle. Second, Stand Users are not trained, they are just inherently bad ass. Third, when I say to think of a story I am saying that you can use Stands to tell any kind of story you want so long as it is a conflict that can be resolved only by being a Stand User. Use Stand abilities symbolically, metaphorically, don't be so straightforward. I would use radioactive matter as a starting point. The child soldiers? Make things more bizarre.

I gotta catch some sleep but hopefully this will tide you over for now.

I'll figure it out over time, I'm not entirely unfamiliar with it, it's just been years upon years since I've even seen one minute of one episode.

Making significant changes was fine with me I was just trying to find out if it would even work.

Mr. Brightside
Type: Natural Humanoid
Mr. Brightside is of a gaunt and skeletal build, slumped shoulders, cold and dead eyes, and a poorly drawn smile taped over an obviously grim expression. Making eye contact takes both you and Mr. Brightside into a manifestation of your psyche, and you fight it out 1v1 there. Your strength inside your mind comes from your conviction, and grows or weakens accordingly. If he succeeds, both you and Mr. Brightside emerge unharmed but you have lost all will to fight. You cannot harm Mr. Brightside outside of your psyche.
Stand User: Melancholy
Melancholy is a diminutive woman who dreams of something/one to believe in. She was once very optimistic of others, but Mr. Brightside has shown that very few people are truly committed to their goals. She only serves [antag] because he was able to defeat Mr. Brightside
Help me tweak it into something special Veeky Forums, not sure if it's too ridiculous for JoJo or not enough

>get powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Transcendent_Demonic-Undead_Physiology

What's my stand, Veeky Forums?

Need a power that fits this song. User is going to be the first actual Stand-User the players fight. Think like the users of Aqua Necklace or Black Sabbath. An irredeemable shithead. I was thinking some form of Gravity Manipulation, but it needs a twist or flavourful limitation of some form.

youtube.com/watch?v=-RQSg2uFXMA

Like three different anons started telling us or promised to telling us about their campaigns.
>So user can tell us about his campaign
was supposed to be vague

「King of Snake」

Power: C
Durability: E
Precision: A

「King of Snake」is a close-range, humanoid stand. It resembles a beige skeleton with sharp, crooked canines and yellow eyes which resemble those of a snake. Its torso is obscured by a ragged, brown poncho decorated with gray geometric patterns. 9 spikes of varying size, similar in appearance to the stand’s canines, emerge from its cranium.

The stand ability of 「King of Snake」is to give anything it touches the consistency of wet clay. The effect persists so long as the user wills it, remains conscious and the transformed object/organism remains within 20 meters of the user.

Transformed objects/organisms can easily be molded into a new shape, which they retain after the ability’s cancellation. Furthermore, they also become resistant to physical damage, as transformed objects/organisms deform rather than shatter and can easily be stuck together should they be cut apart. However, they can destroyed through other methods, such as corrosive or toxic chemicals and fire.

The ability can be used both for offense, defense and utility. The user can easily tear apart his enemies or otherwise immobilize them, while being very resilient to their attacks. The ability also allows the user to seal wounds, create holes in walls and create a disguise by reshaping their face. Finally, it can be used to create a skeleton key by pressing a transformed object into a key hole, letting it assume the correct shape before returning into to its original form.

I think just artifacts would be more accurate for the second ability.

Trying to come up with a main villain stand for a campaign
So far I have an idea for one called「Feed My Frankenstein」which gains traits and abilities from humans, animals and stands by eating them

do you really think that's the only problem with this card?

Guess I'll talk some about my campaign I'm writing.
I got the idea from a /sss/ post from a while back. It's set in an old wild west town call Consequence in 1919. Four native American stand users, the ones who originally created the arrowheads all those years ago, are recruiting an army of stand users to take back their land from the white man by annihilating them all at once. The players have to figure out how they plan to do this, and how to stop them. Going back to the arcana themes since they're the first stand users, I gave them each a stand that's both a music reference, and based on a minor arcana.
「Wands」has the power to create matter from nothing, and can conjure any element a few pounds at a time. They use this to fund their operation.
「Chalice in Chains」creates water which, when drunk, allows the user to fill the drinker with any emotion, as well as control the subject of that emotion. They use this to make fanatics out of allies.
「The Sword」is a powerful combat stand with a blade. both it and it's user can only be harmed by a blade in the hands of a warrior. They use this to protect themselves from direct threats.
And「Nickelback」allows the user to trade anything to someone for anything, as long as both parties are willing, including abstract concepts and even other stands, though one person still cannot use more than one stand at a time. They use this to buy youth to stay alive for centuries.

I really like the sword and nickelback, they're pretty cool stands

The party is join by their exposition speedwagon; the sheriff of Consequence. His stand 「Buggles」 allows him to add events to the timeline, causing fate to twist and turn to make whatever he added possible at that time. He was very powerful for a while, but after almost dying to a sneak attack, he sent his own death, peacfully in his sleep, ahead into the future to the night of his 103rd birthday. Now fate will twist and turn so as not to allow him to die until that day to avoid a paradox. However「Buggles」must physically carry the events it adds into the future, and thus the sheriff is now without it until it arives on that fateful day. Meaning now he can't die and can see stands, but otherwise has no stand of his own anymore.

Give your players very in-depth information about every model of car that shows up as well as racing styles and you'll basically be Araki.

this is cool as shit

「Hurry Sundown」

Power-D
Speed-D
Range-B
Durability-C
Precision-A
Potential-C

Stand Power- Is able to lower the level of light in an area of its choosing. The larger the area, the shorter the range. This ability can only be reset once every 15 minutes. The prime weakness is that If the victim moves out of the area of darkness, Hurry Sundown can't defend itself as well in direct combat as other stands. The prime use of the ability would be for Ambushes. The user is still able to see through the area of darkness

Hurry Sundown manifests as your average Punchghost, appearing as a cowboy with a Sun for a face.

Dude this sounds fucking awesome

「Stacy's Mom」

POWER - E
SPEED - A
RANGE - A
DURABILITY - D
PRECISION - B
POTENTIAL - D

Stacy's Mom manifests as an antenna that the user can plant anywhere, covering a large, dome like area around itself. The user has a mental link to the antenna and can use it to trace victims of the stand.

The main use of the stand allows the user to call any phone within the stand's range. When the phone is called, the owner of the phone (or in case of public phones, the person closest to it) feels compelled to answer. They then spend 5 minutes in conversation with their mother. In truth, they're imagining the conversation and are fully immersed in it, unable to do anything until the call is over.

Once the call ends, the victim forgets the call ever happened and goes on like nothing had happened. If the victim's mom is dead, the victim doesn't think it odd that their mom is calling them.

The best way to fight this stand is to simply discard your phone and avoid public phones. The user specializes in assassinations in highly crowded, public spaces, using Stacy's Mom to lower the victim's guard.

[Smoke in the Water]
Range: A
Durability: C
Precision: D
[Smoke in the Water] appears as a deep purple suit covering the user's body expect for their face, which is wearing a gas mask connected to an oxygen tank merged onto the back of the suit.
[Smoke in the Water]'s ability is to constantly produce smoke around It's range. The smoke clouds sight and prevents anyone from breathing in it, blocking smog/smoke filled areas unless another source of oxygen is being used or the person entering it tries holding their breath. The stand user can also forcefully pressurized the smoke and unleash it, making anything it hits launch the opposite way. The major downside is that the user is also affected by it, so they need protective gear to breath, so damaging their stand's oxygen supply may do them in.

「Rainbow Veins」

Power-E
Speed-A
Range-B
Durability-E
Precision-A
Potential-D

The stand appears as a painting pallet and brush
It allows the user to pain completely realistic paintings at extreme speed, using anything as a canvas, even the air. The user can paint illusions or block someones vision by painting the air around them

I like this one, might use it in a campaign if I ever get the chance to run one

I just post them to bump the thread.

A villain I wrote for my jojo game
「Dancing queen」
Power:B
Speed:C
Range:D
Durability:A
Precision:A
Potential:E
「Dancing queen」appears as a large yell humanoid in a Victorian dress covered in black and yellow stripes. It's face is featureless and it has long black hair. It also has sharp black fingernails.
「Dancing queen」's nails are covered in a toxin that takes effect when it enters a living being. Anything under the effect of the toxin can have its emotions controlled by the stand user.

I have a few enemies planed out, including the (hopefully) reoccurring Hol Horse of the campaign Zedd and his stand 「Reptilia」, a punchghost that becomes exponentially faster and stronger the faster the user is moving.
He first surprise attacks one of the party with a ride by attack from horseback. Later he returns after obtaining a motorcycle. If they let him get away, he'll return again later, teaming up with another enemy stand user and his「Crazy Train」.

It was another night at Jackson's speakeasy The Roundabout. Ringo was bartending with Slash and Jackson was checking in on the place. Notable public figure Boss Squier was on attendance; a sure sign of The Roundabout's fame.

As Jackson and Ringo talked Bowie barked out. At a glance they saw nothing but Bowie's persistence made them reconsider. Ringo walked about scanning for a disturbance. That's when a strange, goblin-like shape emerged from the wood of the bar. The shape attempted to grab Bowie but 『Crimson Rider』was out and grabbed the dog away from danger.

The shape raced across the bar, moving to the inside behind the bar to the floor. All along the way it retained its shape while moving through bottles, money, floorboards, etc. 『Godsmack』 absorbed the heat from where the shape stood in the wood of the floor freezing it solid. The shape shifted up the wall leaving a cold spot on the floor.

Ringo left Jackson to deal with the thing while he went back to the floor to find the enemy Stand User. He took one look at Boss Squier and forcibly approached him, the heated up 『Godsmack』ready to pummel him.

The shape shifted itself along the wall when it manifested out of a menacing stone mask. Jackson got a gun out and blasted at the shape, knocking the mask to the floor and the shape with it. 『Crimson Rider』scooped it up. The shape reached out to Jackson, clawing at his face as blood dripped onto the mask. Jackson saw the mask stir, yet this enemy Stand wasn't causing it...

The crowd was in hysterics following the gunshot. Ringo forced through the chaos and jerked Boss Squier around and cast 『Godsmack』over him, commanding him to stop. Boss Squier gave Ringo a puzzled look. What was Ringo talking about? 『Godsmack』put a super-hot, super strong fist fractions of an inch from Boss Squier's face with not a single reaction. Squier could not see 『Godsmack』. He was not the user.

The stone mask sprung. 『Crimson Rider』stopped it short of Jackson's face. The enemy Stand reached out again with clawed, goblin-like hands and started pulling itself onto Jackson's face. 『Crimson Rider』punched the mask, warping it into an oblong shape incapable of latching onto a human skull. Jackson then chucked the mask into the air and shot it apart. To his chagrin the Stand managed to transition from the mask to the ceiling. It zipped along the ceiling, down the wall, to the floor when Bowie started heading in a curious direction.

Ringo saw the dog was on the move. This enemy Stand would kill Bowie of it got to him, it needed a form of self-defense. He looked over to the wall, grabbed a longsword, and threw it at Bowie. Bowie instinctively opened his mouth to catch it when it was imbued with Ripple energy and a proud, noble voice filled its head. It called itself 『Bad Name』and it was here to help.

『Bad Name』
Destructive Power: C
Endurance/Staying: B
Range: E
Developmental Potential: C

The enemy Stand ripped across the floor for Bowie. Bowie was ready to panic when he felt his head and body gracefully maneuvering the sword to parry the shape from the speakeasy floor. Ringo punched the shape, telling Bowie to keep looking and for 『Bad Name』to defend him along the way. Bowie ran under a table and growled.

Sitting there was a boy with sunglasses and a stick making not a single sound.

Jackson smashed the table with 『Crimson Rider』and grabbed the kid, ready to destroy him when Ringo stopped him. It was just a kid. And he seemed to be deaf, dumb, and blind - dealt a poor hand in life if a powerful Stand. Ringo took 『Bad Name』back from Bowie. He grabbed the boy by the hand and gave him the sword. 『Bad Name』made a psychic connection and revealed that the boy's name was Tommy, his Stand was called 『Pinball Wizard』, and he was sent to retrieve Bowie on orders. Jackson then explained his earlier battle and how the boss sent men to take it back instead of just asking.

Ringo invited Tommy to join them amd to let 『Bad Name』serve as a conscience,a guiding light. Tommy accepted the offer. And so the party gained a useful new member for many battles to come.

『Pinball Wizard』
Destructive Power: B
Endurance/Staying: B
Developmental Potential: A

Mechanism:『Pinball Wizard』merges with its surroundings up to its Range in total area.

Within the affected area 『Pinball Wizard』can manifest from any collection of surfaces. The Stand will be composed of whatever materials it manifests from.『Pinball Wizard』is "anchored" to the surface of its manifestation area though but the affected area can be moved.

『Pinball Wizard』can also warp, manipulate, and otherwise temporarily reshape the surface area it inhabits but affected areas return to their original shapes after 『Pinball Wizard』stops manipulating it or stops manifesting from it. Damage done to these surfaces remains though.

This seems weak. Act II is stupidly strong.

I feel like these would have been way better if they weren't actual MTG cards.
Where's the JoJo flair?
Where's the neat and esoteric stand effects?
Really should have taken inspiration from the joke sets.
Maybe something like:

Echoes ACT3
(X)(G)(G)(G), t: Target player may not step foot within (X) feet of the play area until the end of your next turn

This seems kind strong. Act III is stupidly weak compared to act II.

I will note again that these weren't created by me but they bump the thread.

Here, I will post the stands I designed for my players this evening, just recruited another player who wants to use spin, I will probably report back next week after the next session if everything goes according to plan.

Are Stands pleb filter?