Other urls found in this thread:

scryfall.com/search?q=a:"cynthia shep"&order=set&as=grid&unique=cards
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for top tier artist Chippy

Always loved this piece too.

Phyrexia will rise again

Bae

so im gonna get real weird with it

I hate that the card isn't playable, this artwork looks rad.

the most beautiful card ever printed

I always liked the original Griselbrand. Something about his pose suggests this kind of looming danger and implacability that I think really works to sell the card. It's part of why I really hate his Grand Prix art, since it looses that feel and also is super sketchy with the details on his body.

Like seriously, look at this thing. It's fine, but it loses half the detail and all of the majesty of the previous one. There's none of the feeling of the demon bearing down on you, and also look at how sketchy those claw-talon-blade things are.

Yeah, it isn't as good, though I like this pose more (despite the face).

Yeah i get you man, he feels so detached from the rest of the mithos.

This is one of Villeneuve's good ones. I hate Rashmi and his Thalia.

Big bummer we won't see this in paper.

What's everyone's favorite art from Ixalan/Rivals? I personally have a soft spot for Crashing Tide. I really like the contrast of colors and the nice greenish color of the waves.

Fucking love this one.

I actually think Rashmi is absolutely lovely. I hate his Thalia.
This has good and memorable art because it was actually meant for a legendary creature, but they couldn't fit because AER had so many legendary creatures already. The website has a description of the character iirc. I forget their name, but what the card is (Scapper Champion) was their title.

i can't find the artwork of my fav Kev Walker's card, plz halp anons

Sadly that one's old enough that it's hard to find art of. The same goes for a lot of older cards like that and pic related, which is a favorite of mine.

>Also did best BBE

this guy is fond of making everything look spikey and sharp

Does anyone have the art from Adanto Vanguard?

Here you go.

And bright lightning'ey

Make way for creepyfu- all future Phyrexian stuff in Dominaria ought to be contractually made by Igor Kieryluk.

adanto vanguard is straight up bae.

>that border and text

dont forget the highly dynamic and stylized art

This is how you print Vindicate

Ive always thought this new srt was very weird. Its a blue card involving stealing that depicts a pirate whose having their stuff stolen from dinosaurs who are focused in naya. Uh... what? Shouldnt it be the reverse? Victor Adame Minguez is an awesome artist though. Wizards has been giving him higher and higher profile stuff lately.

If I had bad art saved I would be posting it in here for free (you)s right now. I hope you all appreciate that.

RKF please return to us, WOTC Dominaria is the time to bring back the greats.

I fucking love RKF. I wish I had that much skill with color.

Hi! This is the best angel, please don't worry about posting any other (inferior) angels in this thread! Thanks!

tilt shift might be a meme at this point, but it's done really well here

That isnt invention platinum angel or angel of invention or avacyn judge promo or flip avacyn or probably any number of other angels really. Like the design of her though regardless. Its unique.

I just noticed she has her sword taped to her hand like a tard.

Presented without comment.

I know argyle is divisive, but I still find his art instantly recognizable and iconic. Absolutely love his lili, deathrite shaman, and monastery swiftspear.

Has a good rule 34 lewd.

>invention platinum angel
I can't get over the stupid squashed head.

for comparison

I actuslly disagreex though it doesnt necessarily speak to the quality of the art itwelf. His art is exactly the kind of art I picture when I think of "generic fantasy art". I like Monastery Swiftspear for example but I dont find it has a particularly noteworthy "style" to it. I actually didnt even know he did deathrite shaman and I love the new Renewed Faith art in A25 but I did a double take when I saw it was by Argyle.

I'm honestly not an enormous fan of Argyle or this Lili or Lili in general, preferring Last Hope. But my lord I'm shocked a Wizards-designed piece of art has tits this large

I really don't know how I feel about Argyle.

Innistrad was almost a decade ago bruv

I don't want to think about that.

Love the Laputa vibe

There's a lot of cool art in Ixalan and Rivals, but I wish they would expand the variety of styles and give the artists more freedom again.

Time Spiral had so many good callback cards updating the classic art. I hope we get to see stuff like this in Dominaria.

>his

I do think that Argyle's art works really well with the size of the card frame. It's clean and easy to comprehend at the small size. He's got a knack for making the important details pop.

Her body twists awkwardly and the "all-digital look" is terrible. I really dislike Argyle, only Swiftspear has done it for me so far.

>variety of styles
Thank Christ above for McKinnon. His stuff is like a breath of fresh air.

Argyle's stuff is too shiny. Everything, especially flesh, looks like it's made of plastic. Combine that with his propensity for unrealistic anatomy and improbable poses, and he's basically the Shadman of Magic artists.

I think we're all just a little bit trigger happy about muh politics and whatever in the game right now. Looking back, I think we'll look at Ixalan pretty favourably artwise. Not perfect, but it beats Kaladesh and Amonkhet easily.

>no subtle Psychatog hidden somewhere in the art
I'm still a little miffed

>he's basically the Shadman of Magic artists.
nah, that would be Foglio

more seb

My favorite Argyle art.

>too shiny. Everything, especially flesh, looks like it's made of plastic.
Swanland is the biggest offender in this regard

I legit thought you were memeing there for a second, but I searched up some of his work and it's fucking awful.

Best art.

>couldn't make her fit in as a legendary creature because there were too many already
>only Kaladeshian character with serious story relevance was Pia
Great use of your resources and characters, Wizards.

Not my proudest fap.

This should've been printed in Masters 25.

This doesn't look bad at all, especially on the actual card, but this and many other Ixalan cards have this super unfinished looking style.

Metzali and Mastermind's Acquisition are some other serious offenders of this.

I like the composition and the concept, but everything else about this makes me want to vomit. The plastic skin, the all-pervading darkness, the fact that you can barely see the snake at card size, the awful "late-90's RTS instruction manual CG render" snakeskin.
Blech.

I started really getting into Magic around Lor/Sha and Ala. The Esper girls really drew me in.

Thoughts on Cynthia Sheppard?

I just noticed this when I posted Windwright Mage, but there's some stylistic overlap between Chippy and Minguez in their soft use of colors.

Correct. His style works well on cards

Really solid artist. I love Incubator Drone, Transgress the Mind, and Flameblade Angel. Some of her stuff can be hard to read at cardsize, tho.

For reference: scryfall.com/search?q=a:"cynthia shep"&order=set&as=grid&unique=cards

Who? This is excellent

She's pretty good at drawing people. Her backgrounds could use some work, but you only have so much space to work with, so it's forgivable.

>filename has the artist's name in it
>post has the artist's first name in it and link to a previous post with the artist's last name in it

Well duh, I asked to get more of your opinion on her.

I know that Terese Nielsen is basically a meme at this point, but I cant help but love Sydri's artwork. (I'm probably biased because she's my commander though.)

I like Ayli, but there's a serious lack of doujins containing brutal eldrazi tentacle fuckings while she just lies there, dead eyed and utterly accepting of her role in the subjugation and destruction of her world

nielsen is a priceless treasure

Argyles best

user that's pretty lewd.

Why is the color so much more washed out in that compared to the card art.

I used to love this art but then I noticed that her neck is way too long and weirdly curved

I love the Restless Dead Mirage art.

>implying the Eldrazi understand the concept of, and therefore have the need for fucking someone