Who is your favorite fictional deity?

Who is your favorite fictional deity?

Other urls found in this thread:

sacred-texts.com/neu/dun/gope/
youtube.com/watch?v=nlxfDvSyPKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kib said: "I am Kib. I am none other than Kib."

Kib is Kib. Kib is he and no other. Believe! Kib said: "When Time was early, when Time was very early indeed—there was only MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI. MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI was before the beginning of the gods, and shall be after their going."

And Kib said: "After the going of the gods there will be no small worlds nor big."

Kib said: "It will be lonely for MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI."

Because this is written, believe! For is it not written, or are you greater than Kib? Kib is Kib.

As opposed to all the real ones?

The christian God

Yahweh

the Invisible hand of the market

Yoharneth-Lahai is the god of little dreams and fancies.

All night he sendeth little dreams out of Pegana to please the people of Earth.

He sendeth little dreams to the poor man and to The King.

He is so busy to send his dreams to all before the night be ended that oft he forgetteth which be the poor man and which be The King.

To whom Yoharneth-Lahai cometh not with little dreams and sleep he must endure all night the laughter of the gods, with highest mockery, in Pegana.

All night long Yoharneth-Lahai giveth peace to cities until the dawn hour and the departing of Yoharneth-Lahai, when it is time for the gods to play with men again.

Whether the dreams and the fancies of Yoharneth-Lahai be false and the Things that are done in the Day be real, or the Things that are done in the Day be false and the dreams and the fancies of Yoharneth-Lahai be true, none knoweth saving only MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI, who hath not spoken.

>tips Menorah

Excellent

Communism/totalitarianism?
Capitalist free market belief would be the will of the people, the consumer who spend on what they want.

Sithrak

Praise Sithrak!

The angsty teenage Sithrak or late day Sithrak?

God Money I'll do anything for you.
God Money just tell me what you want me to.

>implying He doesn't pretend to be mellowed out so that our tortures are greater at the end.

Ishtar, I like her priestitutes that provided the worshippers with sexual pleasure.
Any diety that is willing to please her whorshippers is awesome in my book.

Why though? He's not even a good god, he is cruel and shitty.

There are other options besides free market capitalism and totalitarian communism.

You guys should all read The Gods of Pegana btw
sacred-texts.com/neu/dun/gope/

I have the absolute most vanilla taste for deities in the world, but I really REALLY love the concept of the Outsider and the Void from the Dishonored games, the aesthetics for it in DH2 are absolutely everything I could ever wanted in a concept like it, and I really enjoy the inversion of 'crazy religious cult wants everyone to worship god' to 'crazy atheism cult wants everyone to stop worshiping god'

If we're talking real world mythology though, literally anything to do with Viking and Egyptian myths and aesthetics is also right up my alley.

Vectron

>Ishtar, I like her priestitutes that provided the worshippers with sexual pleasure.
You think Herodotus knew his stupid bullshit would live on in the mind of horny idiots throughout the millenia?

>communism is totalitarian

Good - Ilmater
Evil - Lamashtu
my Neutral characters usually claim no affiliation

I literally stated the opposite. If all communism was totalitarian, you wouldn't have to put the two terms together, would you?

>Evil - Lamashtu
Honestly why? I've seen a lot of people say they like Lamashtu but I have no idea what people see in her, she's just another stupid evil "demon-made-god".

Always liked the Paradise Lost version of Lucifer/Satan

Simple and straightforward yet with wide range of both schemes and servants fitting her agenda.
And let's not forget the good old beastfuckery.

I came here expecting these answers and I was not disappointed.

It was his magical realm and many dared to enter.

Akatosh from Elder scrolls because he makes fucking sense, if you want a leading god, you shouldnt give that god some pansy power like thunder, the sun or some gay shit like love.

no, if you want to be a god and be respected, you master the control of time itself and then give yourself the title of "dragon god"

*tips fedora*

Menoth from Warmachine.

You also give 0 fucks and make a prophecy about an aspect of yourself fighting against another aspect of yourself.

Ratatoskr. He would be a good dnd god.

I found myself really digging Gwyndolin from DaS1. He embodies just the right number of paradoxes to be plausibly divine and the way he operates makes him a good sub-antagonist or aloof ally to the PCs.

Malal

This screenshot seems inconsistent with the norse mythology characterization of ratatoskr.

I always liked Olidamara. I like the idea of some very serious priests trying to establish a dedicated church to him, and Olidamara constantly fucking with the clergy, like blessing the holy water so it becomes sovereign glue, or turning the church into a labyrinth, complete with a Minotaur, who stalks the halls of the maze just so he can throw pies at people who get lost in it.

Belkelel, the many gendered tempted. Mistress of the Bloody Ecstasy. Master of the Black-Rotten lust. One and Only. Enemy of Rahja. Corruptor of Levthan, Dar-Klajid

many gendered tempter* Hurr

The Great Undivided

sounds like xom

I have to go with Abadar, that's a proper god worth following.

Alas i never got to play the generic yet comfy d&d setting.
My current GM made a homebrew setting with 39 gods and i don't like any of those i remember

Here's a more accurate one.

>doge
>old

What is the color of night?

Blue. Or maybe dark grayish-green.

Well to be fair in norse myth all he did was play telephone to shit talk the bird or snake

Just like real life.

I came here specifically looking for this.

Did not expect this but I'm pleased nonetheless.

youtube.com/watch?v=nlxfDvSyPKA

no the Jewish god is cruel and shitty. The Christian god is like the chillest god that has ever graced this planet next to like Buddha.

Sanguine, my brother.

Jesus

They're literally the same god.

Best post

Nah the new testament sugar coated most of the old testament's god aspects.

And that's the lulziest part, that they ARE the same god, Allah too.

Jesus died so God could rollback all that crazy shit he did/said

same brand, but now with new and much better PR department

What more could you want out of a god than shit talking birds and reptiles? That's a message I can get behind.

Eh, Olidamara is more like a Loki that never turned against Odin, or killed Baldr, or did any of the Shit that got Loki killed and set off Ragnarok.
Basically just think mirthful, prankster God of thieves, bards, and jesters.

The great Ilias; creator of humanity, slayer of monsters, the one who sealed dark goddess Alipheese and her six ancestors during the great monster wars and one that shall lead humanity to bright future where one can go from one town to another without fear of death!

god-tier taste user

But, when at the last the arm of Skarl shall cease to beat his drum, silence shall startle Pegana like thunder in a cave, and MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI shall cease to rest.

Then shall Skarl put his drum upon his back and walk forth into the void beyond the worlds, because it is THE END, and the work of Skarl is over.

There may arise some other god whom Skarl may serve, or it may be that he shall perish; but to Skarl it shall matter not, for he shall have done the work of Skarl.

The Christian interpretation of God still allows evil and suffering to occur so he's still not all that good.

Memes wear out more quickly these days. Some only last a few months.

Don't step on snek, you bitch!

I am the beast I worship.

>Allah too
Not really no, considering the mainstream Muslim narrative is that both the Torah and Bible have been corrupted.

Still the same god though.

>snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
Am I missing something?

The three fold god

Takhisis of course

Say-Tyr the albino doomgoat

I once did some writefagging for the crawl gods in rlg a long time ago. I wonder if I can still find em
>A wizened old man sits at the far end, reclining in full battle regalia. A table sits in front of him, full of figurines of all shapes and sizes, some threatening to topple at any moment. Scattered all around the table is an assortment of all kinds of weapons and armors, some flighting about on their own to witness the massive game on their own.
>He looks up from the wars of the time with a slight smirk, his graying beard curving upwards. His eyes betray his form, showing experience and warm intellect where there should be senility.
>His massive crest, crossed swords emblazoned across a round table, flaps quietly even without wind
>"Hey sonny there sonny. Say, you're a knight right? Well a knight needs good equipment before he embarks. Here, take this." as he grabs something from the floor at random and throws it towards you
>"Good luck out there, do me honorably."

>You don't have the heart to tell him you don't have 3 arms for his shield

>Don't say yaweh
>Don't say yaweh
>Don't say yaweh
Allah?

Obad-Hai

What's he like? I always find nature gods fascinating and I want to like them, but I'm frustrated by all the restrictions against things like metal armor or technology and stuff like that. Why can't I live in accord with nature, or have a healthy respect for it, without having to turn into a half-naked hippy running through the woods and eating hallucinogenic mushrooms?

I would unironically read The Cyrinishad

Come friends and bask in the unending love that is the shining light of the goddess Evening Glory. She welcomes all into her eternal embrace regardless of race, nationality, alignment, life signs, all are welcome.

as long as you don't harm nature and respect it, he's pretty chill. do what you want, just respect nature and live with its cycles.

>not worshipping the Eternal Fire Beast

Jokes aside, while Ormagöden isn't exactly my favorite, I loved that mithology

blaaah

*CHIM's your path*

I have a player who would agree with you

Just a tactical ruse, user. We're operatin'.

Not even a true god, try Talos instead if you want a real living god.

He's not even a god, for that matter.

The Lord of Chaos.

That's the only way good men can exist. Good can exist without evil, but it can't exist without choice. The very point of the christian God is he want's men to choose freely to accept a role in divine life and embrace his love. He want's us to choose what we will be.

Your fictional all powerful dominator of man makes nothing good outside himself: he only makes finger puppets.

Hail brother! I too rejoice in the goddess of Eternal Love!

I really like Kelemvor, eh judges dead and doesn't afraid of anything

> Ctrl-F
> Issek of the Jug
> not to be confused with Issek the Armless, Issek of the Burnt Legs, Flayed Issek, or any other of the numerous and colorfully mutilated divinities of that name.
> Phrase not found

I admit, I'm disappointed in you, anons.

That's stupid. My dog has no free will and he's a good dog. A good dog.

Well that depends how you define the nature of free will.