/kdm/ Kingdom Death: Monster (KD:M)

Best boy is coming to your door very soon.

>What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
Prologue Narration: youtu.be/FNLc8dHv0Ac

Monster is a board game about surviving in the darkness. You play a bunch of cavemen, called 'survivors', stuck inside the world of Kingdom Death, a setting full of freaky (and sometimes psycho-sexual) monsters. The current version is 1.5.

Your goal is to arm your survivors and grow your settlement over 20-30 'lantern years', in an effort to overcome the mysterious odds that are against you. The game has 3 phases each lantern year:
1. Hunt: You hunt down monsters for resources
2. Showdown: Fight them
3. Settlement: Return with the goods to build, innovate and sacrifice

A maximum of 20-30 sessions are expected for a successful campaign. Shorter campaigns will be available in 2019-2020.

>tl;dr
It's basically Warhammer Quest meets Monster Hunter meets Berserk meets Sid Meier's Civilization.

>Official Sites
kingdomdeath.com/
twitter.com/kingdomdeath

>1.5 Rulebook photographs (yet to be fully scanned)
sendspace.com/file/gcd7jz

>Official FAQ and Living Glossary
kingdomdeath.com/faq/
kingdomdeath.com/wp/living-glossary/

>Other
Official build guides: build.kingdomdeath.com/
Upgrade 1.3 to 1.5 guide: kingdomdeath.com/wp/upgrade-to-1-5-edition/
Unofficial lore and miniature build guides: vibrantlantern.com/
1.5 Core Game and 1.3 expansion miniature info image: i.imgur.com/t0clW3a.jpg
Gambler's Chest (coming in 2nd half of 2018) miniature info image: i.imgur.com/A64r2Ar.jpg

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/raw/L0zFRLsx

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CMpMUXkhp7LnoTZd_ZvfgcPmTq5a9S60_mbZTsOesJ0/pubhtml
g1138.tumblr.com/
patreon.com/posts/17048859
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for make sure the Gorm is in all of your People of the Lantern, Sun and Stars games.

>IRS took all my sheckles now I can't buy this game
Being a wagecuck sure sucks sometimes.

Save like 30-40 bucks a month for the next 7-8 months and I am sure you will be able to pick up a copy on black friday for a decent price.
Keep checking my email for a shipping notice , I know it is early but I can't help it fuck

The only reason I haven't played with Gorm much is because I don't want to assemble that horrible sculpt until I figure out a way to unfuck it.

Expansions shipping this weeks lads.

Satans rejoice.

Don't be picky about your snacks, user.

Anyone got a list of how many cards are in each expansion?

This is slightly out of date due to not having the 1.5 core count included, but since you need just expansions, that's fine.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CMpMUXkhp7LnoTZd_ZvfgcPmTq5a9S60_mbZTsOesJ0/pubhtml

Suggest artists that are open to commissions (or even requests) to draw Our Girl.

>Girl

Well she doesn't have a penis nor testicles, even before donning the belt.

I'd try GreenMarine, he's comrade of old days.

Is LY4 Butcher ever worth sending out remotely valuable survivors? My founding four were pretty dinged up from the first two fights (one guy went from 5 to 2 movement in a single attack) and I’m thinking of mercy killing them against him.

Cleaver is nice if you can get it. So is Legendary Lungs.
And the fight isn't all that hard once you know what you're doing and have either a bit of luck or setup for monster deck manipulation.
If you got people you wanna get rid of, keep them around for settlement events, or The Hand.

Is there ever a situation where you would want to get rid of someone? As in, even sitting around the lantern hoard every year they are a net drain on the settlement and must be removed ASAP?

What's his current site?

Butcher has the best rewards of the three core nemesis encounters. Even a slim chance is worth it.

>Is there ever a situation where you would want to get rid of someone?
One example I could think of would be when Armored Strangers come knocking and that one cripple makes difference in their decision.

g1138.tumblr.com/

Well, I beat him with a group of ragtags, and all I got was two pieces of scrap. On top of that, I had nothing to innovate or craft with, and none of my 7 auguries resulted in intimacy.
I feel deflated even in victory.

Do you guys think we'll ever get beefcake / male pin up minis?

A-asking for a friend.

There are a few coming

That's already a thing.

There's already some in the works.
If you mean as many as there are female ones, then probably not.
Personally I want to see Young Survivor (Male) and Acanthus Doctor.

The ones we've gotten so far have been trash and you know it.

"Oh a half naked guy" "Oh a weak dude in his underwear"

I want beefcake shit like the stuff we get with the girls. Give me a needlessly sexualized barbarian with a tiny loincloth and an obvious bulge and huge, glistening pecs I can lay my head against.

I actually haven't seen the Acanthus Doctor, I'm kinda new to KD and as such I'm not really up to date with what's coming.. Is he hot.

Still asking for my friend.

This an equal opportunity world, women can be doctors too.
Okay, there's like one Secret Fighting Art and one piece of gear that's exclusive for women, but we don't talk about those.

KD dudes are not manly dudes, they are bishoujo dudes, sorry pal, if you want muscley hairy manly men search anywhere else.

Stop whining and enjoy your bishies!

On my next few days off I intend to assemble the miniatures for the first story and up to the butcher.
I have never assembled models before though I know the basics. Trim flash, use back of xacto knife to remove mold lines, etc. I'm using super glue rather than plastic cement since I'm scared of melting more than I should on my minis.
How fucked am I?

I'd recommend getting some other cheap multi-part stuff to practice at before moving on to KDM.

Not very. Get yourself a small file as well to smooth over join gaps if need be.

If you plan on painting then dry fit everything so you can see if sub-assemblies are worth it.

When it comes to painting remember to THIN YOUR PAINTS.

not him, but what do you people use to hold it together while dryfitting when you have links of parts that all need to fit correctly, but are more than you can hold?

Such as Halloween White Speaker
>base ->right foot->right leg->left leg -> left boot

use loctite gel control glue. it'll save your life

That's what a friend recommended to me.

Do you thin the paint with just water?

You have to use distilled water.

tears of tormented innocents preferably, but water will do

Small amounts of blu tack. Or if it's just an ugly dry fit to get an idea of how everything should fit together - larger amounts of tack.

Water is, by and large, fine. Depending how fancy I might throw in a glaze medium rather than water.

Just remember that multiple thin layers are better than one thick one. Don't worry if your first thin layer doesn't seem to cover the primer.

I've painted a few D&D figures over the years and only one ever looked not like shit so I'll definitely have to try all this for better stuff. Thanks.

I feel like office depot ripped me the fuck off because they sold me the least sticky tac I've ever tried to work with

Sadly quality varies by manufacturer and batch.

Practice on the bits of sprue you clip the model from, bits of cardboard etc to get your paint's consistency right. Basic painting of basecoat/highlight isn't as scary as you think.

I started building models with my KDM core , granted I had some experience from my younger days hamfisting model cars together with plastic cement. But I wouldn't use anything else , don't apply like a fucking retard and you will be fine. I hear fags that say their screaming antelope wont stand up and they are going to pin it. Mine stood on its own after 5 minutes with plastic cement

WAVE 3 FUCKING WHEN.

I know it's not going to be out for a while, realistically september or so. I'm just hyped for the gambler's chest.

Are there any good homebrew gear, locations, monsters, campaigns, etc??? Just finished our first playthrough and the whole game feels so fucking moddable, I'm amazed I haven't heard of any fan expansions out there.

Super glue is perfectly fine if you're scared of fusing your abominations into something even more twisted and horrible. No matter what glue you use, though, less is often more. My personal recommendation is to put a decent glob of glue on something you won't miss, and use a toothpick to get just a small dab that you can easily apply exactly where it is needed.

Black Lion one just came out, looks good, available on lantern year 5. patreon.com/posts/17048859
I haven't had a good experience with homebrew new content otherwise.

tfw legendary lungs and zanbato.

I do rejoice.

Did you just arrive and not know anything at all about the last Kickstarter, user?
Then I have GOOD NEWS for you. I mean your friend. You may wanna go and check out the Kickstarter for 1.5 and I think Update 60 has one or two nice pictures too.

Ooh, you wanted Aniki? Yeah, I guess they don't have that. Although a tribute mini would be a pretty awesome thing and totally in line with Poots ability to have his finger on the pulse of the Internets...

>play solo
>get fucked, almost every severe injury is death
>play with a group
>lantern 10s out the ass
>”gee user, this game isn’t that hard, maybe you’re just not good at it”