What happened tbh

Guys what happened to the modern threads? Used to be like 2 a day sometimes, now there’s like one every couple days? Are less people playing modern? Also talk about decks and stuff. IMO Jace a shit and BbE doesn’t fit in the meta. Blue is bad in general in modern, please unban Twin.

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-94-48-tix-abzan-rites-modern
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy/full#paper
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern/full#paper
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-jund-40784#paper
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mtg is legit dying this time, Masters25 made alot of people rage quit

Modern sucks. When decks cost close to low-mid range legacy decks in modern, people tend to sell out and jump to legacy like back in 2013.

Anecdotally, this is exactly ehat is happening in the bay area.

Idk man most legacy decks cost quite a bit more than everything except like jund and shit. A play set of underground seas is almost 2 grand now.

Most decks use like 2 underground seas max.

As for tiered legacy decks, there are a bunch in the mid $1000 area which is what a ton of modern decks are approaching nowadays.

Volcs are like 200-250 if u get beat up ones, which means sneak and show is around $1500 since conspiracy 2 and ema tanked the key cards.

Dnt is sub $1000 and eldrazi/elves are mid $1500 as well.

Yeah but they run other blue duels, most legacy mana bases are at least 2k id say

there has been constant modern threads the whole week. it's just that people are lazy to create a new one when the previous die (like you, that didn't copy paste the header) and weekends are slower in general.

so legit question.
with a modern deck, you go to your LGS and play their modern tournaments right?
besides that, there are GP's (which are open to anyone) and qualifiers to PT's. is there something else?
also, how much do you get in those? in terms of money/credit?

it is not like i want to go pro or anything, just want to know what i could get playing well with a good deck

Why play modern when you can play pauper?

When I 5-0 a big modern night I can get like 50 in store credit, not often though cause my shop is real serious

Heh, you can smell the mad from several threads away

MTG has lost 40% of its playerbase from 2013.

MTG is just dying user, it had a long run but MTGO was so shit for so long hearthstone cannibalized a shitload of players.

It's not Hearthstone's fault, it's a lot of things chipping away at MtG in general, D&D and Board gaming saw a huge popularity boom, MtG is a very spending oriented hobby (meaning people constantly quit the hobby for any number of reasons, childbirth for example) and with more options for Veeky Forums gaming less and less people get into mtg.

Because there are way more modern tournaments.

Sauce on that?

People are lazy. There's been a Modern thread going all week.

where do you play legacy in the bay, my dude?

most legacy events (until you are trying to win a non-store-credit prize) allow proxies because people just want to play the format

idk why everyone has Legacy sticker shock, play the game, make some friends, borrow some lands if you really want to hit a GP

>borrow some lands if you really want to hit a GP
HAHAHAHHA
legacy GP
HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAH

Lanternfags, explain yourselves.

the biggest tournament ever in mtg history was a legacy one you faggot, and it was not so long ago

How do I know the difference between a bad matchup, bad luck, and me playing bad?

For reference I'm playing this Jeskai Tempo deck I found (drop snap for pyros for budget) vs this deck: mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-94-48-tix-abzan-rites-modern

My bolts and helixes are basically dead, If I vapor snag they're going to get more value from more etb effects. But is it possible I was just playing badly? How could I change my strategy to win? Sorry for the noob questions my friend and I are new to modern so we're playing budget jank shit, I get it

Now that the B&R update happened and the unbans didn't make a splash, there's a little less to discuss.

>BbE doesn’t fit in the meta
Imagine being this retarded

>have no gps to play with my 3+ thousand dollars worth of cardboard
>i guess l could just pay a couple more thousand to travel across the country/to another continent to cast some brainstorms and lose to storm
>might even be the last legacy event anyway, format dying with reserved list. wotc will stop supporting it eventually

yeah big last events, legacy the bigboi format btw ;^)
>

Sideboard in graveyard hate.
Bolts and helices can still be used to hit face.

1/ modern is almost as expensive as legacy now, at least the legacy decks only gains in value thanks to the RL, you never lose cash with this format
2/ storm is far from being the best deck in the format, play D&T, one of the cheapest deck with plenty of answers against storm. Moreover if you were a good player you would enjoy playing against a good storm player, in legacy you have answers and interactions, not like modern
3/wotc stopped to support the format the day they created modern you tardo.

all i see is a brainlet who can't into superior format bcuz poorfag

>1/ modern is almost as expensive as legacy now
>the most expensive t1 modern deck is humans for $1000
>4c control in legacy is $4000

>cherrypick the most expensive legacy deck

URRHHHH DURRRRR LOOOK AT MEEEEEEEE

>1/ modern is almost as expensive as legacy now
no it's not
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy/full#paper
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern/full#paper
on average at least thrice the price

>storm is far from being the best deck in the format, play D&T
lol yeah, let's watch togores vs enevoldsen again... also DnT VERY competitive, top of the charts atm

A Rosewater tweet that many ignorant people misinterpreted and that was later clarified

I also cheerypicked one of the most expensive modern deck, you fucking imbecile.
But even one of the cheapest legacy decks D&T is the same price as the most expensive modern deck, humans.
Overall legacy is way more fucking expensive, and usually the only way modern comes close is if you're playing a goodstuff deck with lilis/snappys/ and other super expensive staples.

Grixis is still $3000-3500, BUG is nearly there, same with Sultai and Food Chain at about $2800, Sneak and Show can get close to $3000, Loam is nearly $5000.

So you might want to apply your dumb meme to yourself.

>the most expensive deck
Mis-typed, meant to say "one of the most."

>poorfags can't stop whining

And least you got some (You)s, good job.

and Hitler trips

>hurr modern is almost expensive as legacy
>no it isn't
>hurr mad cuz poor
Enjoy playing legacy with an ever decreasing pool of players!

enjoy playing a shitty format for brainlets full of raging kiddos!

>he says as he migrates to the dying platform of MTGO in order to find players
why ain't you playing vintage poorfag?

Looking for advice on deck tuning. I don't have a lot of cards, but I am at 19 lands in this deck and I want to take it to 21, I think. I'm gonna get a couple mind sculptors and another torch of defiance once the prices drop. I have more of a couple of the cards, but the obviousted cards that should be 4 but are at 3 are because I don't have more.

here's some advice: double check your image before posting

As someone who plays both formats modern is more diverse than legacy, but not in a good way. Its like 20 different ships passing throught the night. Legacy is so much more rewarding to play. Yes, sometimes there are games where you lose turn 1, but the games where you actually get to play have so much depth compared to the games in modern. Also they banned my bae, amulet bloom, so fuck them for that. Affinity is still fun tho.

Fixed it, had taken picture from phone, sorry.
Are the Grapeshots and Rituals worth it if I am not expecting to OHKO with them?

>fixed it
lol

God fucking dammit.

kek

FUCK FUCKING FUCK FUCKING FUCK HERE YOU GO.
Again, I'm looking to put lands in, maybe up my counterspells. What cards are best to sub out?

>thing in the ice, which when it goes off will bounce your cost reduction and your pryomancer tokens
>chandra
>that shitty raid counterspell
boy

The most expensive modern deck is Jund at like $4k

Thing in the Ice bouncing my own shit is fine, Awoken Horror can win games.

>muffled pushes in the background

>mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-jund-40784#paper
>$2,030.85

>Jund at like $4k
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-jund-40784#paper
:thinking:

Jund is $2k, but I made a correction to that post.

You do realize that you are actually giving your opponent an excellent target for their pushes right? You bounce your own shit and then they just push the awoken horror.

Why is modern so popular? So many matchups are won on turn 0 and others are linear goldfish matches.

I see it touted as a diverse format, but it seems more like the supposed diversity is just gaming the meta. The most consistent tournament-winning decks are the ones with the fewest auto-lose matchups and hardest to disrupt linear play path.

They're not reprinting enough staples in great enough quantities. I don't care if my playset of Snapcasters and whatever decreases in value because Supply starts to overtake Demand: I'd rather have Modern scenes happen with greater frequency because I want to play the damn format.

But if things start to show signs of faltering even more than it has, I'll just sell off most of my decks save for a few Commander decks and build a Pauper Cube to play with friends. I'd rather not because I enjoy most of the play styles of Tier 1 Modern decks but if I can't use them... fuck it, I'll cash out.

You guys are acting like Titi/Pyromancer isn't already a deck. Nevermind.
I just wanted to figure out stuff with my spells, and you are instead shitting on the archetype.

Because Modern doesn't have FoW, which is a key card to interact with your opponent's gameplan.

>legacy
>5K decks
>one tournament every 6 month
>barely diversity
>vintage
>30K decks
>2 archetypes
>1 tournament per year
>modern
>2K decks
>lot of diversity
>surprises in every tournament
>tournament every two weeks
Yay sure modern is the worst format.

Here's a tip: don't do Storm AND Titi/Pyro.
Have one gameplan and go hard. If you really want, you could make a transformational sideboard.
You want Snapcaster to bounce with your Titi, so you can cast more shit.

b-but you can't FoW in response to a T1 win

poorfag, not spending 80$ each on 4 cards. Nope.

It's because blue is still shit even after Jace unban.

They should try unbanning Ponder next.

yep, format is shit.. literally interaction-less

That's going to be a rough thing for you, friend. You can avoid having to get some shit like the Scalding Tarns but Snapcaster is too much of a lynchpin for just about any deck that uses it.

BAN BOGLESSSSS!

BAN TRONNNNNN!!!

LEMME PLAY JACE X BBEEEEEEEEEE

>unbanning a cantrip
please, how strong do you want storm to be?

>Ban Bogles

No matter what they do they're not going to be able to get rid of Storm. They've already tried multiple times now. At this point they should just admit defeat.

I can confirm that Magic is dying.
No one plays anymore.

I don't think they are as ban happy anymore. If they aren't banning Lanter after winning the PT they aren't gonna ban Storm just for being tier 1.

>admit defeat
>by making it stronger
no you fag, they're already happy with it
blue is already plenty fucking strong

yeah 90% of vintage is about counter and artifacts

the modern community is pure cancer, it's a good thing magic is dying. Once mtg get purged we can start again with a fresh start.

On a side note it looks like DRS will eat the banhammer soon in Legacy. 4 Grixis Delver in the open top 8 after 30% metashare in day 2 doesn't look very healthy.

I still think that Brainstorm should also be considered

Last I heard it was $4k, my bad.

Rift Bolts worth using?

Friendship ended with MTG!
Now Force of Will is my best friend!

in burn, yeah

does FoW have an online client?
I don't think any game stores around me play it

It doesn't, but it might pick up again in paper because of the bans.

Thoughts on 5c Humans? Went to my first Modern weekly ever with it and went 3-0-1. Coming over from legacy so I don't know the modern meta too well, just using this deck cause Champion of Parish is my favourite card

the deck is very stronk.
i myself bought 50 champions of the parish few weeks ago, i hope the deck will continue to do well.

Isn't the art still a problem in america? I heard that everyone was offended by the cute anime girls.

Tier 1 deck discovered by youtube mememan. It's really strong and has tons of tools to either disrupt your plan or hit face hard and fast

Lol, in Spicland the anime ass and titties are a huge boon. I mean it attracts otaku but that's to be expected. I've considered getting one of those playmats with an even if I don't play the game.
One of my LGS has FoW two times a week and it actually fires off.

There will always be people like that. Don't worry about them.

What do you think about FoW playmats for playing MTG? Was thinking about picking up something like pic related since it's not very expensive and looks good.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reposting list, but replaced the following:
-3 pyretic ritual,
-2 grapeshot
-2 snap
+2 basic land, was a problem I had
+2 negate
+3 Anger of the Gods

It would be better if the art wasn't oriented horizontally.

+Back to Nature

Anybody who gives a shit is not someone you should give a shit about

>putting anime tiddies on any of your stuff
degenerate

t. reddit

wew