Game Finder Thread

>GM/Player
>System Preferred
>Times Available (with timezone!)
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/106947/black-rust
docs.google.com/document/d/1YEtKwdeJrWnykSffCyCOG7x8VEtUdQD7rsFNNl_nhuA/
discord.gg/7caJKyc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>GM/Player
GM

>System Preferred
Warhammer Fantasy Second Edition or Zweihander

>Times Available
Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Fri, Sat at 8 cst to 11 or 12

>Method of Play
Discord Text only, maybe RollD20 if maps are wanted

>Contact Info
NeverStoppedPosting#4226

>Additional Notes

.This would be a Border Princes type game, except more serious. Sure everything is decentralized but the warlords scrabbling over everything wouldn't be a joke whatsoever and there would be more civilization there than presented in the books. Backward and rustic, not three hamlets farming dirt.

Plenty of mystery and action; politic that would actually be effected by the PCs. Tons of pissed off Dwarfs and drunk Orcs.

Full-random chargen or are people allowed to chose?

You decide. I know people like doing the standard book edition char gen (I'm one) but I'm more than fine people choosing their own race/career

Reposting from previous thread:

>GM/Player
GM, looking for 1-2 more players.
>System
Shadowrun 5e.
>Time
4pm PST / 7pm EST on Wednesdays.
>Voice/Text
Voice
>Method
Discord with roll20 for map and game information. You’ll also need Chummer 5e for CC.
>Contact
Vac#7789
>Additional
I draw inspiration from stuff like Payday, the Heat, Blade Runner, the Oceans series, System Shock, MGS, Hotline Miami, etc. I tend to GM in a black mohawk style, but that's subject to how the group approaches runs.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Fate Core (Morts if it matters)
Sunday Mar 11, Noon to 5 EST
Discord, Roll20 for dice
>Contact Info
Burrito King#9565
>Additional Notes
One shot hoping to recruit for something a little longer, but I'd rather know who my players are before I make serious decisions about any campaign stuff.

Newbies welcome, but please don't be a cunt.

I'm not married to Fate as a system in the future, but it's good for one-shot purposes.

Player

Would really like to play some Rogue Trader or Deathwatch.

Available basically always. During the week, I'm free after 5PM EST, during the weekends I'm free most of the day till 11 PM EST.

I've used Roll20 before, I have Skype, have Discord, also have IRC but use it very rarely.

Email me at [email protected] if you'd like to have me.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Burning Empires
>Times Available
Mo, Tu, Th at 7 PM or later, MST (UTC -7)
Sa, Su at basically any time.
>Method of Play
Voice over Discord. Perhaps a dash of Roll20 if the Discord dice bot isn't good enough.
>Contact Info
Kasdaye#8474
>Additional Notes
Burning Empires is a sci-fi game of resisting alien infiltration, usurpation, and invasion using the Burning Wheel system. The setting is a pastiche of Dune, Foundation, and Warhammer 40k: fuedal worlds linked tenously by bonds of empire and trade, under siege by body-snatching parasites akin to Stargate's Goa'uld or Animorph's Yeerks. You play an influential member of your world (an admiral, a high priest, a princess, etc.) and your job is to save your planet and fellow humans from being hulled and turned into hosts for the millions of Vaylen worms waiting beyond the borders of the Iron Empires.

I am more than happy to teach the setting and system. Rookies and veterans alike are welcome.

Sent you a friend request on Discord.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
EP, WoD, Traveler, can do DnD or anything else too though
whenever - taking a break this semester
text preferably, other than that everything works
>Contact Info
NobodyImportant#3015
>Additional Notes
something more normal not over-the-top would be awesome

>>GM/Player
> >System Preferred
> >Times Available (with timezone!)
> >Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
> >Contact Info
> >Additional Notes

Player
No idea
Almost anytime
Don't care
Mavith#2306

I've always wanted to play a dnd campaign but haven't ever been able to
I know nothing, just so you know what youd be getting into

sent you a discord friend request

player
v20
we will work that out but anytime after 18:00 ctm
probably roll20
Asm0d3us_J0n3s#0852
ive been playing since 94 hit me up

>GM/Player
Player at first, but down the road I'm going to try my hand at GMing and making up my own setting and whatnot.

>Systems Preferred
DnD 5e + w/e

>Times Available
My schedule is pretty flexible and will be for the next few months, just let me know the date and time in advance and I can make myself available. EST.

>Method of Play
I'm familiar with using Discord to play, but I can learn how to use Roll20. Text only.

>Contact Info
TrafficHazard#6214

>Additional Notes
I just want to try some basic bitch DnD. I'm playing in one game and running another, but my group often has scheduling conflicts so here I am. I've never played DnD before, but I have the PHB and I'm learning. I'm not looking for anything crazy, no wildly original concepts for me (yet). I'm just looking to do some standard fantasy monster fighting, political scheming, mystery solving, and exploring. I prefer a focus on narrative and active roleplaying. I already have a character concept I've been kicking around as I read the PHB.

You can reach out to me to pitch other games and systems if you want me as a player, but I only do text and I'll probably say no if it's something like Warhammer or some kind of grimdark game. My other two games are giving me more than enough of that. I would also have to learn the system. I would also like to try a superhero game, but again, a pretty vanilla one.

At the end of the day I just wanna have a good time.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Action System
Saturdays @ 6pm PST (Negotiable)
Roll20 w/Voice (probably using Discord for voice is roll20's voice chat functionality still sucks)
>Contact Info
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/106947/black-rust
>Additional Notes
Looking for couple players for a cyberpunk campaign running on a rules light action heavy homebrew system. Check out the writeup on the roll20 link for more information.

Bump.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Blades in the Dark
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday after 6 PM CST
Discord for voice, roll20 for visuals
>Contact Info
Discord: Amerifat#3867

page 11 bump?

bump

>>Player
> >Pathfinder
> >Weekday Nights EST
> >Any method by text
> >Discord: AniX#2635
> >MUCH more interested in a RP-heavy game

Very interested. Sent discord friend request.

bump

Put the shit. under the sections you fucking baboon.

I have bad memory when it comes to text, the words get jumbled together into an incoherent mess.

So I quoted the text and answered it underneath, even still though, it was all underneath it like you're complaining about it not being

>1. Player/GM

GM, looking to set up an all new game (new players in general, welcome)

>2. System

5e

>3. Time available

We would play Saturdays 6:00pm EST

>4. Voice or Text

Voice

>5. Method of playing

Discord for Voice and dice rolling

>6. Contact

Discord: Trakiman#0761

Just DM me for details and we'll talk. We are gonna play a dark fantasy campaign on a "there is a plague in the city" scenario.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Index Card RPG
>Times Available
Sundays at 5PM EST (soon EDT)
>Method of Play
IRC
>Contact Info
irc.darkmyst.org #ICRPG
>Additional Notes
D20 rules light. Generic high fantasy. Not battles all the time. 2 players currently: Two elves, one a short rogueish girl, and one a taller male who is a fake priest whose deity is a a cute girl. They recovered a glaive for a dwarf. Upon returning it, the town has all the people turned to trees. Now we meet you. What are you guys doing? Stop by the channel this week and we'll make you a character =]

>GM/Player
Not quite either, read along.

>System Preferred
OREvangelion, a homebrew system based on the One-Roll Engine (specifically, Monsters & Other Childish Things) for running Evangelion games.

N/A

N/A

>Contact Info
CPA#5256 on Discord

>Additional Notes
I'm looking for playtesters, both Player and GM, to test out my system - my own playtest is going well enough, but just one session a week isn't enough test data for balancing well. Thus, I'd like to get potentially interested players paired up with potentially interested GMs - if a server/channel is needed, I can host campaigns on a server for ORE Homebrews that I administrate.

The written documentation of the system is available here:
docs.google.com/document/d/1YEtKwdeJrWnykSffCyCOG7x8VEtUdQD7rsFNNl_nhuA/

Are newbies welcome? I've played a bit of Warhammer 40k but i've been itching to try out Warhammer Fantasy.

>cute girls
Is this ERP?

Bump

>System
Unknown Armies 3e

>Times Set (with timezone!)
Wednesdays
1300EST, 1800GMT

Roll20

>Voice or text
Text, voice for OOC.

>Contact Info/Discord Room Link
PM Orkamungus#2149

>Additional Notes
The trials and tribulations of small-brained medium-sized big-willed northern-European 1986 teenagers, and how the assassination of the prime minister will fuck them up forever.

>GM or Player
GM

>System(s)
Homebrew, simple

>Time availability
Weekends ideally

>Text or Voice
Either

>Contact Information
discord.gg/7caJKyc

>Additional Information
Wizards have ruined the world. You are wizards. You go on adventures.

WHY ARE THERE NEVER ANY WOD GMS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes.

Also, i believe there are. I choose to believe that there are great GMs for all the systems i like, and they are all just having fun in their closed gaming circles full of dedicated awesome players, and thus never need to come to places like gamefinder to advertise their games.
I can be more bitter and cynical that way.

This is pretty much correct, actually. Some of these groups start in the gamefinder. But they stay the same and thus they don't really need to keep recruiting.

Yeah, I think you're right. It's a horrible spiral to be stuck in. Shit sucks. I can have a Rogue Trader ship suited to any group's desires ready to go in a day's time, and a character sheet in less than that, but I have no one to play with.

Good for you. It's better that way instead of getting teased by GMs who say "Hey wanna play" and then never getting a followup.

Oh boy.
I got teased a 1on1 WoD changeling game last august.
I was new to the changeling lore and unsure, so the DM gave his best to get me on board. Needless to say, he was successful.

Then, once i got into it myself, with reading splats and chargen, and i could barely contain myself, it turned out that he had gotten a job after all so he couldn't run the game.

>I've been fantasizing about that stuff ever since, every other day.

game blueballing is real

Anyone want to play Only War or Deathwatch?

Deathwatch would be aaight.

Just 'editing' my ad with what seems like our likely date/time and player count.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Burning Empires
>Times Available
Monday at 7:45 PM or later, MST (UTC -7)
>Method of Play
Voice over Discord. Perhaps a dash of Roll20 if the Discord dice bot isn't good enough.
>Contact Info
Kasdaye#8474
>Additional Notes
Burning Empires is a sci-fi game of resisting alien infiltration, usurpation, and invasion using the Burning Wheel system. The setting is a pastiche of Dune, Foundation, and Warhammer 40k: fuedal worlds linked tenously by bonds of empire and trade, under siege by body-snatching parasites akin to Stargate's Goa'uld or Animorph's Yeerks. You play an influential member of your world (an admiral, a high priest, a princess, etc.) and your job is to save your planet and fellow humans from being hulled and turned into hosts for the millions of Vaylen worms waiting beyond the borders of the Iron Empires.

I am more than happy to teach the setting and system. Rookies and veterans alike are welcome. Been interviewing folks. I got 3 players and I'm still looking for 1 more.

If a GM puts out an advert for Only War, Deathwatch, or Dark Heresy, I'm sure there's enough interest around here to put a game together. I know I've been clamoring to try and play 40kRPGs for the first time, and I've got free time in USTZ to do so.