Mobile frame thread

Homepage of the game, rules are free: mobileframezero.com/mfz/

Does anyone else here here know/play mobile frame zero? Post companies, pic related, i tried to figure out a build that i can recreate a few times with the legos i've got available. I think i figured out a nice mechwarrior/titanfall kind of look.

Do you play with house rules? If so, what rules?

Pic was my inspiration for my own design. I like to imagine that there's a dude in the cockpit controlling a massive machine.

Also modular weaponry, so i can wysiwyg snipers, missiles, comms, and other types of weapons

No lego lovers then? Damn. The game itself is fine. Better than 40k at least, and even a lego miniature army does not cost as much as whatever GW sells

I would like to try the game but I don't have enough lego pieces to build these

I have a ton of Lego and tried to make some little robutts/mecha with it once. I just didn't have most of the little specialty pieces necessary, or couldn't find them in the pile. Also, not sure where to begin making my own designs.

I've been looking to try this game but with Gundam models instead. Haven't gotten to actually try it out yet sadly but I'm definitely interested

I keep getting distracted with customs, but with Build Divers coming out soon featuring its big 10v10 matches I may pick up the pace and get a company together

I'm probably going to get into this soon, I have a shitton of lego and keep buying more, but I've recently become interested in making small scale models out of it, (like the lego creator double decker you can get from hamleys scale). I feel like I could easily make buildiing facades etc in that scale as well as big-ish mechs using mixel joints.

I looked through online instructions with the designs, and tried to figure out how to get similar results with the pieces I've got available. You could always buy certain pieces in bulk from lego too, instead of buying sets. Their cost is always the same per piece I think

I have a ton already, but yeah, I considered buying some of the specialty pieces, but I'm a poorfag at the moment and have to watch what I spend on. And Lego isn't necessary at the moment.

I'm sure I'll figure something out when I sit down and can actually sort my collection and start rooting out all the pieces that are useful for tiny mecha construction.

Dis somone tryed Mobile frame zero: Intercept orbit? Ho is it compare to other space battle game like Firestorm / dropfleet comander.

No i havent tried it, my ship designs are shit, and the rules seemed bit too light after battlefleet gothic. With some house rules i could see it being fun. Best part in these games imo is the ability to just change the minis if you get bored with the look or feel, which applies to the starship version too.

Starships need more pieces than suits, suits need more special pieces. To build ships you need tons of similar decorative pieces

Not really. Depends on you fleet. I have quite a few
Its.... different. I can't compare to either listed as I haven't played them but I have played xwing and armada. I like it more than both of those as the gameplay and mechanics are deeper. I also like the fact that I'm not paying out the ass for models that are proprietary. If I ever get over mfzio I'll just build something else

Posting another fleet, of many

peppermint armada is adorable

Didn't MF0 have the thing where some options were just plain better, leading to pretty homogeneous armies/like-vs-like battles?

These look dank. Simple and effective.

it's in the frakkin bricks!

The entire game is a broken mess, it's 'balanced' around having a 1v1v1 for whatever reason no one can understand, and the robot builds are actually pretty strict for a game where you make shit out of legos.

I remember back in the day asking if there was Bolo tanks and the mental gymnastics that was presented as to why they haven't and couldn't be included were impressive to say the least.

>Bolo tanks
That seems kind of contrary to the entire rest of the game, so I kind of get that.

The rest though, that's worrying

Holy shit this looks cool. Anyone got a site where you can buy specific lego pieces for this? Even if I never play these loom dank to build with my kid.

Bumping thread. I wanna talk lego warhammer

Bricklink is the only one I recall by name, but even Lego themselves have a pick-a-brick on their online shop, and I know there's others.

There's a few recent sets with lots of the bits people like to use, because they too are small and have legs, if you just want to buy regularly and create from your box

>Do you play with house rules? If so, what rules?
Drones and titans.
Drones are mini frames without human crew. they get only two systems (and then the two basic 2 white dice) because they're smaller, and can't take or hold objectives due to the lack of crew. Each drone counts as /half a frame/ for points purposes.
Titans are the inverse; massive frames with several crew. They get 8 systems (as well as the basics), which can go up to 3 dice - the third is always a d8. Also, a Titan can take or hold an objective from twice the normal distance due to the support provided by their additional crew.Titans count as two frames for points purposes.
It produced some interesting builds, such as the 'nothing but drones' swarm that won on attrition, or a couple of titans hunkered down on an objective and refusing to die.

I think there is also an online/offline program where you could make builds and then get the list of the needed bricks.

Related, kinda, how dumb is a 2B 2Y (maybe with missiles so it's not totally defenceless) acting as a shield/spotter for an all-guns (2 artillery, 2 close-in) walker?

Yeah, there's a few digital builder programs around, and some even have the capabilities for the kind of unusual joints you see in MF0

>paying out the ass for proprietary models
I mean, sure, but $15-20 or maybe $40 for the medium ships for X-Wing, when they are high-detailed, hand-painted models, isn't really that expensive. Armada can get up there though, it's about $100 for a fleet for $45-60 for a squadron in X-Wing.

I don't know what it would cost to build for IO, but I can imagine it would be similar if I didn't have legos.

Not trying to be argumentative or combative, just wondering what the actual price difference is.

>>
I can post some suggestions for cheap sets you can currently buy at Walmart in a few hours.

>I just didn't have most of the little specialty pieces necessary, or couldn't find them in the pile.
...Brikwars...

>Didn't MF0 have the thing where some options were just plain better, leading to pretty homogeneous armies/like-vs-like battles?
>The entire game is a broken mess, it's 'balanced' around having a 1v1v1 for whatever reason no one can understand, and the robot builds are actually pretty strict for a game where you make shit out of legos.
And doesn't Attack increase quadratically, while Defense... doesn't?
I know my biggest gripe was a huge disparity when it came to Attack vs Defense...

>I wanna talk lego warhammer
...Bbbbrrrrrrriiiiikkkkwwwaaarrs...

>Related, kinda, how dumb is a 2B 2Y (maybe with missiles so it's not totally defenceless) acting as a shield/spotter for an all-guns (2 artillery, 2 close-in) walker?
Well if there is still the huge difference between Attack and Defense, you might as well just replace those Blue Defense Dices with Guns, and perhaps trade a Close-in Ranged Attack or two with Yellow Spotting Dice.

Fuck off NiceDaemonette

Nobody cares about your shitty system. Stop shilling it in every MF0 thread.

>Nobody cares about your shitty system.
Considering there is at least one other Brikwars player in this thread, I disagree.

>Holy shit this looks cool. Anyone got a site where you can buy specific lego pieces for this? Even if I never play these loom dank to build with my kid.
As someone else said, Bricklink is the best website for buying specific pieces, bar none.

HOWEVER, if you don't want to learn how to use Bricklink, there are several $3.99 polybags currently available at Walmart, et al. that make great parts packs for MF0 frames. I made this frame using only the Quake Mech polybag (MSRP $3.99). There are a few other Ninjago Movie polybags that are also great parts packs, like the ice tank polybag that comes with lots of small tread sections.

I could have given it a hat too, because I had some parts left over.

The great thing about this polybag in particular is that it comes with a ton of the hollow studs in black, light bley, and gold.

Say hi to the anons, buddy!

Wait, never mind. I just looked at the one I cracked open last night (I have four of them now because they're just so damn useful as parts packs) and it only comes with bley and gold hollow studs, but it comes with seven bley ones and thirteen gold ones.

Holy crap, I thought you died. Have a (you) just for my many fond memories of you shilling this so hard

Alright.

>Have a (you) just for my many fond memories of you shilling this so hard
I don't know if it's sweet vengeance on Mike that people assume I'm him, but they do...

We Legohammer now?

Tell me about them. I'm not from USA but maybe they are also available in my country. Would be great to buy few cheap kits with joints and other decent parts

see

I don't know much about MF0 but I can bump the thread

I wish this was a real thing for Lepin to knock off and sell.

I have a full parts list if you want to make your own

Sure, hook me up. Bonus points if you have a Killa Can build, too.

Unfortunately I do not but I might be able to put something together

Awwe, I love me some Kans. Almost as much as Grot tanks. Thanks for the parts lists anyway!

thanks

>normal minifig legs
This is immensely amusing.

>All my friends build giant towers of multicolored Lego monstrosities.
>I always built simple space ships out of spare parts just like this.

8 year old me and you would have been good friends.