Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

The Meanest and the Greenest edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous Thread:

why dont all the races settle their differences with a nice game of blood bowl?

>WFG
>Round base in the op.
I smell a shitstorm a brewin'

Because the only time Blood Bowl settles a dispute is when one of the disputing parties turns completely into a pitch fertilizer.
The other times, it just makes the dispute more entertaining to watch.

>I know we have made models for this for 30 years and right up to the end we had everyone base their shit on square bases so why not make them change to rounds instead? That way they have to buy more from us
>also goblins are now grots
There are so many layers of confusion.

> image for whfb thread is a conversion made up solely on AoS models
> on a round base
How sad. Seriously /whfbg/ needs to be in /awg/ at this point.

>>That way they have to buy more from us
GW 101
>also goblins are now grots
Can't trademark/copyright "goblin" and "elf".

Countering cancer with good/funny conversions.

But why grots? That's the nickname for gretchin from 40k.
It's like they wanted people to think it's 40k. Oh wait.

vladimir von fatass

Question: How would the setting have evolved if Humans had never been introduced?

Would there still be undead nations? Would the Firmir still be the major arm of Chaos?

Also, does anyone use elements of End Time lore in their WFRP games?

Undeath would probably come about eventually, somehow. If nothing else there's naturally occuring undead, and that can be of any race.

Does this house look ok so far?
Any tips?
inb4 roof. ya its not done

>Painting 85 dwarf beards in one go.

Basecoat and wash done. Now onto highlighting.

Nice az.

I used it to run a game set in Ubersreik for a newbie group whose only experience with Warhammer was Vermintide. We one-shot their part in the defense of the town and then jumped back and ran sessions about how they, as a group, got there so I could expose them to the wider WH universe.

Hey do Lance's break after the first use or can u use them everytime you charge?

Are these free peoples?

Tourney lances are made to preak on impact.
Combat lances are made of sturdier stuff for repeated use, but they usually break too after the first or second charge if you hit something harder than a paesant with a pitchfork

You get the benefit in every charge you make.

Haha I meant in game terms 8th Ed. Are my guys carrying battle Lance's ?

Ah awesome. I was worried I'd be left with str3 elves after the first turn.

What's the best paint set you could pick up? For all purposes.

Thanks.

No, Former Grenadier Dwarf plastics and metals.

I kinda like it!

Probably a vallejo or P3 one.
Personally fond of the waffen ss and mercenary sets myself.

>tfw forgot about ebay auction for some old school chaos dwarves.

Feels pretty bad man.

The blisters were too expensive in the end and the other guy's blunderbusses, though not as expensive, were still a bit too much for me at £6 a pop.

>tfw missed out on 15 darkshards and 10 corsairs for thirty aus bux because ebays phone verification is shit.

>What's the best paint set you could pick up? For all purposes.
There's really no such thing, by the exact paints for what you're doing at any one time.
Otherwise you'll end up with pots of shit you'll never use sitting in your paint racks.

If you've bought gw paints jump onto ebay and pick yourself up some of these and airbrush flow booster or a medium of your choice to re-bottle them for longevity.

Where can I get a nice HD wallpaper pack of warhammer fantasy?

I meant the real old school ones, the 1980s ones.

A door knob.

Of course but what else

The cloth look on the sides of the house seems odd to me - I would have expected something that looked more like plaster. But you're obviously putting a lot of care and craft into it, and the wooden sections look fantastic. Very peasanty.

If you want the structure to look more solid, I'd add a brick or stone foundation like pic related.

I was going to use some plaster but I didn't have any or money so I used some paper towel glued onto it. The wood is just pieces of tangerine crate. Thanks for the tips

looks like em4 desu I know it's grenadier but goddamn

I'm getting me some Russian Alternative chorfs my man

Yeah. Plastics from em4, Metals from Ebay (some citadel) and Folorn Hope Games. But all Nick Lund stuff.

What edition of Warhammer Fantasy is best for a beginner? 1e, 2e or 3e?

Roleplay? 2e. 1e is good too but avoid 3e

The wood still looks really nice - probably a bit better than popsicle sticks wood since it seems slightly thicker and it works well for the rough look. You don't have to literally use plaster though - you could just use plasticard, or even cardboard. But you could probably own the paper towel look, maybe roughen it up a little to look like wattle and daub somehow.

Yeah, meant to say RPG

What's wrong with 3e? What makes 2e the best?

Just make actual Wattle and Daub

Pick up some mud, make some ashes, find some dog shit and mix it together

I'm kind of glad that Fantasy didn't live long enough for these to be a thing.

What are you using the Dwarfs with spears as?

I'm new, but 4th edition has me interested. How much is required to know about the setting if I want to run it for the first time? I know a decent little amount about the setting generally speaking.

3e was made by Fantasy Flight and rebalanced everything based around buying their shitty dice.

1e and 2e are % based. The long and the short of why 3e is shit is that punching does as much damage as a broadsword etc etc.

There's a 4th edition coming out this summer but it's based on 1e and 2e so if you want to grab the new stuff starting with 2e is your best bet

You need to know more than your players

Dwarves with spears in older editions/rulesets that allow is. Dwarf warriors or a more elite unit in those that don't.

>Malekith was the true Phoenix King all this time. The flames of Asuryan are supposed to burn you, but either the other PK's had priests protect them with spells or they just tolerated the painful cleansing longer but this was supposed to happen
>Him being an edgy cunt is more or less his Mother's fault

Is this true?

Yes but it's end times which will cause autists to screech about it so you probably shouldn't bring it up

3e was a good attempt, and some parts of it are good, but it's not as good as 1e/2e, not least because Fantasy Flight (the creator) made it into what's mostly a board game by design. It has a lot of very board gamey mechanics and confusing procedures to play, and if you play it in person, you're gonna need a cartload of items, cards, markers, counters, etc.

>WHFB: malekith is a power-crazed madman obsessed with claiming a throne that isn't his all while believing he alone is the chosen of the gods, but lives a woeful life controlled by his even crazier mother who has fooled herself into believing he is actually his father. both are a oedipian metaphor for the failings of mortals and to show how far some of the elves fell from the glory they once had in aenarion's absence.

>ET: malekith is the most important dude EVER morathi can do w/e she wants and has big boobys and she is stronger than anyone even khaine she is a god malekith is the coolest dude ever hates his dad fuck the h8rs asurayn wants to suck his dick i want to suck his dick but nah im not a homo fuck off hes just the coolest guy ever and has BIG dick

>crazier mother who has fooled herself into believing he is actually his father
Wait, she thought he was Aenerion?

The more you think about it, the less sense it makes.

Yeah, in the old good lore Morathi was legitimately insane and lost her mind over Aenarion's death, and she constantly has hallucinations of Malekith being him. Then some hack at GW decided to make her the universe's biggest Mary Sue.

So how does a THIRD child have birthright to an ELECTED position?

And if he becomes king wouldn't he have to fuck his half-sister? I mean Bel-Shanaar seems like a bro

Funny how once sentence can accurately summarize the entirety of 8th ed, the End Times, and Age of Sigmar

because he was an amazing general and the most like aenerion, the others were worried he wouldn't be a good king because he was young and felt like he deserved to be king

Because Malekith was atrociously Sue'd up in the new shit.

Wow why the fuck is Malky so big? He's fucking huge!

If you could become any non-character model, which would you choose?

dark elf assassin, to survive being drowned by witch elves is one thing and then you get to hang out with witch elves for the rest of your life

Tomb King of some sort prolly. I can really sympathize with being angry about being woken up early.

Alright /WFB/urghers, tell me about your dudes. Not just your armies/points, I want to hear who your characters were. Where were your guys from? What's the flavour of your army?

To get the ball rolling - my dwarf army is the engineering crew and mining team behind a Barak Varr experiment in underwater mining rigs, working on the ocean floor in an attempt to develop new methods for gromril extraction. The musician in my Miners unit is also a character I played in WFRP.

What about you guys?

you can get wall-filler at the dollar-store for... $1. It works well enough (especially if you thin it a little bit with water) but you need to paint thinned elmers/white glue over it to make sure it doesn't crumble. I spread it with popsicle sticks, but the thinned glue needs an old brush

To build on , get some square cut balsa from the craft store, some bamboo shishkabob skewers, and some cheap natural clay, wood putty or drywall putty. Its so easy, a peasant (or in my case, an elementary schooler) could do it. (Also gave me a leg up when I built a real one years later)

I have honestly been considering making some new terrain like this.

>I'm kind of glad that Fantasy didn't live long enough for these to be a thing.
>Dwarves in canon have airships
>Ironclad steam ships
>Locomotives
>Gyrocopters
>Mechanical prosthesis
>Telegraphs
They look aesthetically and thematically correct for some Engineer's one-off. I believe they were "count as" ogre mercs.

I like it because it makes him seem so self-important that and short-sighted that when the pain of having to give himself for the sake of others ravaged him he said fuck it and ran away

Tldr he forgot that fire was hit

My Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer-Lord is looking for a way to circumvent the curse, as he has already been petrified to his waste. So far, he's been getting by with a steam powered exoskeleton, but he has heard stories of magic in the south that lets a person live on in statues and constructs, so he's decided to investigate and try to reverse engineer it. His apprentice secretly thinks his master is chasing a red herring, but is too loyal (and too terrified of his wrath) to protest, and just goes along with it.

The Tomb King, meanwhile, is really pissed off that some shorties in silly hats keep smashing his stuff. The Necrotect who built those Ushabti/Sphixes/Hierotitans and the Liche Priest who enchanted them are absolutely livid.

Ironically, had the dwarf just politely asked, the Liche Priest would have been more than happy to explain gush on about the glory of the Nehekran pantheon and how their power can be used (for an appropriate fee, of course), which the sorcerer would have been smart enough to translate into a useable form of magic, with some experimentation on his slaves.

I recently moved, and everyone at the FLGS plays 40k. If I want to get a wfb game in, I have to bring in both armies and get someone interested, as well as letting them mess with the list using Battlescribe. This is pretty much my headcannon for why my Kangz and Hat Enthusiasts are constantly fighting.

how do I learn more about chorfs? any books to read?

The 5th edition Chaos Dwarf army book is probably the best place to start if you want to know about the ones with the big hats.

So how would I go about playing Oldhammer? Me and the lads were looking over how small the armies are and how they are focused around scenario play and even having a GM. I got the 3rd edition rulebook from the resources. Is there a good scenario pack to use or like a set of tips?

I'm not the biggest fan of 5th edition Bretonnia - it's a bit too bright and shiny, a little too much a historical knockoff - but damn if 6th didn't lose a lot of the individual personality. So many characters just disappeared or got relegated to a namedrop, and GW never gave a shit enough to make more.

does the fifth edition have virtues though? I feel that's a definitive part of the bretonnian book.

Kill green skins, humialiate dwarfs, take slaves and glorify HASHUT!
Best taste hive mind, may you take many slaves!

you can check some oldhammer blogs which have gone over some scenarios and shit, best advice is to have fun with it, don't think too hard about it and roll with whatever the GM says

If your gm needs more time to come up with something try some quick 1000 point games playing through linked scenarios using setups from the rulebooks (whatever edition)

Like pitched battle and then the loser has to defend against an ambush as he flees etc etc

One famous example I have from a convention is a squad of dwarf warriors raided a cottage on the map and when the DM rolled for loot they found a hidden cache of ale, despite it being human brewed they had to roll animosity every turn thereafter, on a 1 they'd sit there and drink instead of move!

Don't be afraid to throw weird models into your scenarios, especially if you have units you love but couldn't field in 8th because they didn't pull their weight. The 3E ARMIES book has a shitload of weird monsters in the bestiary (expanding on the rulebook) and sample mercenary army lists which are great if you're not too sure what to throw into a scenario of your own device.

Most of oldhammer is about collecting the minis, painting bright yellow freehand moons on the banners for example, but if you're looking for scenario prompts (to get the juices flowing) then twitter.com/OldhammerBot is my goto

The 6e Rulebook has a lot more info on scenarios than 3e but look over Forenrond's last stand and if you're still unsure where to go checkout the 6e rulebook's section on scenarios.

You haven't read old or new lore, dude.

Morons. His long thought dead half siblings were were hidden by the Wood Elf forest and revealed themselves in the middle of the king selection which squashed any hope Malekith could be king.

The elder brother had no interest in becoming the king. However, his half sister was the Everqueen and thus Malekith cannot marry her because incest was icky. To continue the ancient lines another king had to be chosen.

LEARN THE LORE or get out.

You've got the upper half of a Tudor building there. You should have a stone or masonry lower level that is smaller than the upper level.

get a hold of THE GENERAL'S COMPENDIUM it's the bible for scenario play and it's filled with goodness

Except Malekith wasn't the king. Asuryan torched his ass.

>LEARN THE LORE
Begone Carnac.

Actually you're probably not Carnac, since you didn't say something about "THE LORE" or Be'lakor in your post.

Still though, Malekith/Morathi are hyper Mary Sues in what became of WHFB canon.

>Except Malekith wasn't the king. Asuryan torched his ass.

Can you read English, you motherfucking degenerate? Where did I say he was the king? Europe trash and their inability to read English.

I am answering why Malekith who was the third born of Aenerion was considered a candidate for the title. You morons forgot that the firstborn of Aenarion were self imposed exiles inAthel Loren that only came back during the council to pick the king.

>hyper Mary Sues

Opinion discarded. Not only you are poor at English but you are poor at the lore as well. Nothing you say can be trusted.

I'm guessing that this is probably custom sculpted, right?
The chest looks a bit like a stormcast one, though.

Well there's nothing in my post that suggests I agree with all that other shit, but baring robotic prosthesis (which was a special character anyway) all of those things are still centuries away from walking death robots.

Look at Teclis and Tyrion for examples of what hyper mary sues actually are.

My army is fluffed as a Mercenary Company that's primarily active amongst the Border Princes and within the southern parts of the Empire. It's true secret purpose however is the collection of various artifacts needed for a great magical ritual that will open up a portal to the Garden of Nurgle. As such the leadership have slowly corrupted the Company into the worship of Nurgle, with the exception of a small but respectable minority who through their lust for the mercenary way of life have turned to Slaanesh.
The puppetmaster of the Company, who gameplay wise I count-as Festus, is called Magog the Prophet. He is the spiritual and religious leader who started the whole thing by recruiting the invalid retired empire captain Heinrich to his cause.
Heinrich the Lame, the Lord Commander is the official leader of the company allthough in reality he is but a minion of Magog. Ever since Magog freed him of the chronic and maddening pain from his war-crippled leg that never healed right he has been a devout follower of Nurgle.
On the tabletop he's a Nurgle Lord mounted on a Barded Steed wielding the Hellfire Sword.
I have more fluff for both characters and units but that will have to wait untill I have more time to write it. That is ofc, if anyone cares to read about it.

I'd love to hear more. I'm always excited by the stories people have created for their guys. How did yours come about? An idea you had and just ran with, or did it grow and evolve over time?

A question for the Chorf lovers - what are your thoughts on Hastur?

For years I erroneously believed that Hastur was an evil Dwarf God that the Dawi Zarr turned to in a dire hour, before of course being corrected to the notion that Hastur is some sort of Chaos Demon...maybe...thing that doesn't really pop up before or since.

Do you guys have any headcanon for how you view Hastur and his relationship with Dwarfs?

Personally I like to think that the Chorfs see Hastur as a member of the Dwarfish pantheon that their weaker cousins cast out - regardless of whether it is or not.

And as an old school WFRPer I choose to believe Dwarfs can do magic - but they all turn to stone as a consequence, not just the Chorfs.

The "Hashut is a daemon" idea is just a theory, the fluff tends to directly refer to Hashut as a Chaos God (though I think that might still be a bit dubious), last time I checked.

But then again, much of the fluff behind the origin of Hashut and what he truly is, is a mystery, so feel free to theorize about him.

Holy shit what is this?

That makes me wonder, can an Ogre actually be given the blood kiss?

I think Hashut is a chaos god in the same way something like Myrmydia is.

A halfling was turned into a vampire by Konrad. And Halflings are genetically related to the Ogres

What do y'all think about using these guys for Lizardmen Temple Guard? It wouldn't look too out of place right? I've got AoS Sauruses (Sauroi?) for my normal dudes but would like something little more special. Worried about the difference being too striking though.

Skaven Vampires.

I can think of no greater threat than an undead ratman resurrecting hordes of skaven skeletons.