How would they fare in 40k?

How would they fare in 40k?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7nl8890-C2w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most of them? A higher variety of eversor assassin.

Shit like Limbo and fucking Nekros though, thats some real shit there.

why do 40kids make these posts?
It's obvious, because 40k is a shitty, immature setting designed to appeal to people because of "muh cool" and "muh grimdark" that the 40k universe would immediately destroy anyone else
40kids who brag about their setting beating others are like kids at the playground who say they have a forcefield and can't be damaged . we get it, your ships are miles long and millions die in a single day, your setting is immature and shit.

Pre operator? Decently.
Now? The teenagers are even edgier and probably fall to chaos immediately.

I stopped playing Warframe a long ass time ago. Operator?

40k is designed to be a power metal album.
It's not designed for "muh cool" as much as it was "muh over the top".

Admittedly though yeah, a lot of the new wave of 40kids are pretty much not seeing the setting for the parody it is.

I still prefer the first version youtu.be/7nl8890-C2w

Its a type of potato

>The teenagers are even edgier and probably fall to chaos immediately.
That implies that the Main In The Wall would ever let Chaos touch his 'kids'.

Given their sneakiness, ability to easily board ships and penchant for killing enemies by the droves I'd say they'd actually be a small but viable faction.

They're basically powered by the Warp even in their own setting, too.

Operators are the “pilots” of the Warframes. The actual Tenno. They’re the remnants of a ship that was sent on a trip through the Void, which fucked up the brains of the adults on the ship turning them into raving mad animals and left the kids to fend for themselves against their former families.
Luckily the kids were also affected by the Void and it gave them psionic powers to defend themselves. When the Orokin found them they deemed them as a threat but also a weapon to use against the Sentients.

>They're basically powered by the Warp even in their own setting, too.
Eh, not really. Sure the Warp and the Void are similar, but there are some major differences between them. For one, the Warp isn't actually something that is closer to Yog-Sothoth than anything else

That's implying Man in the Wall isn't Chaos, and Void isn't Warp.

>Sure the Warp and the Void are similar, but there are some major differences between them.
I mean, they're both traversable alternate planes of existence that they can draw power from, I'd say they're similar enough.

>traversable alternate planes of existence that they can draw power from and that fucks up those who enter it unprotected

Void pretty much is Warp, only not as overt.

Nekros isn't anything fancy, that stuff is just nanobots.

I use that argument in Shadowrun to explain the difference between the matrix and astral realm.

>I mean, they're both traversable alternate planes of existence that they can draw power from
You can only seemingly draw power from the Void if you haven't fully past puberty and the like. Otherwise it just straight up kills you, or drives you mad, or wears you like a suit so that it can go on a murderspree in the material world. Unlike the Warp which is accessible to any and everyone dumb enough to try and call upon it.

that's fucking retarded
what happened to space ninjas?

Nova solos planets using her 4th ability
Something that potent could easily wipe out a regiment and make vehicles and monstrous creatures basically useless

Buddy they had hinted at that shit like since open beta started. This ain't a new development.

It's not new, doesn't mean it's good. I don't hate it as much as some of them do, but man... that's so banal, both in concept and in the way they're developing it.

Nova is bullshit, and her coming onto the field in any engagement within 40k will just result in the opposing side losing utterly.

Nova is pretty much what Vindicare are for.

Hey Kiddo

idk DE has *never* made a solid story, I'm just glad warframe has one at all at this point, and magic genocidal nuke kids remotely piloting ninja mechs is more creative and interesting to me than generic space ninjas devoid of context, even in the delivery comes off as overly edgy.

>Implying the Vindicare will be doing jackshit in this scenario
Missing. Presumed crushed by rampaging Rhino.

All of the Warframes are pretty bullshit by 40k standards, even the tamer ones. Powers like "disarm everyone in the room" or "shoot an exploding arrow from behind cover while invisible and guide it to the target" are pretty scary.

But they're also very limited in numbers to counteract this and they aren't individually invulnerable. In fact, unlike most of the "how do they fare?" meme threads I think the Tenno could pretty reasonably exist as a faction in 40k, both fluff and crunch.

What you're forgetting is that their powers and the ranges they operate at are very limited. Vindicare can simply outrange them, sniping from the horizon. We all know how much butthurt Ballistas used to generate, now think of someone who actually knows what he's doing.
And that's before going into Nullifier on steroids that is Culexus.

>What you're forgetting is that their powers and the ranges they operate at are very limited.
Even considering those limits, the Tenno are still unfathomably dangerous compared to everything in 40k, and in most encounters they'll devastate whatever dares to stand against them. Oh, and Terrify is going to play merry havoc with literally everything.

Worst the Vindicare does is trashes one of their possibly many surrogate bodies which they'll need to recover or replace. and teaches them a valuable lesson about cover. Atleast when using squishier frames, the tanky ones just laugh because the bullet tickled.
Culexus would be mini-boss threat levels akin to the Stalker who can also instantly cancel and no-sell pretty much power the Tenno have. So more experienced and well equip Tenno still trash them easily.

>sniping from the horizon
Vindicares' rifles are also limited in range in actual gameplay. Plus snipers are less effective when the enemy has their own snipers, who can shoot while invisible. I'd say the odds are pretty even.

Remember that Vindicare has tank-busting ammunition in his outfit. If he manages to get in a sneak attack, what ever he lands a shot on is totaled.

>Terrify
>Not Nyx's Chaos.
Remember, things in 40k can actually hurt each other. It's be funny to cause a squad of space marines to suddenly see everything around them as an enemy, including each other.

I mean, they’re high level psykers with necron power armor.

But I don’t like to think about them because their developer is just so, so shit

I think their tech is not THAT high by 40k standarts. Eldar, maybe Necron tier, nothing supernatural.
In fact, I imagine them to be roughly equal to aspect warriors in terms of overall combat effectiveness.

>nothing supernatural.
user, ALL of their abilities are literally fueled by a cosmic-super hell that is alive and hates all of existence that isn't born from it. And some possess the ability to drive -any- being they encounter mad with fear with 25 seconds (Terrify), destroy planets singlehandedly (Fucking Nova), cause all of their enemies to see everything around them as a foe and start killing each other (Chaos), and lots more besides. Absolutely NOTHING that the Tenno do is 'just' tech.

There are still a number of frame it couldn't hurt. Valkyr can become totally invincible, Limbo can spend the entire fight in another plane of existence and only pull in thing he wants to kill, Mesa can make it so bullets do practically nothing because they simply bounce off her to another target, Zephyr can make a magic vortex that deflects any projectile heading her way, etc. And even 'totaled' warframes can get back up do to revival shenanigans or at least be rebuild after incidents upto and including messing up an interplanetary teleport and getting scattered across a solar system (limbo) and sacrificing one's self to blow up a horizon spanning Sentient (think Iron Men but with Borg damage adaptation) warmachine that would dwarf a titan.

>>nothing supernatural.
You know what I mean, smartass. "Nothing supernatural by the setting standarts and benchmarks". Stop being autistic.

user, every frame dies to sustained fire. And every frame fears the level 100 bombard equally.

If a vindicaire gets the shot off, the warframe is likely ded.

Not that user, but they can reasonably call you out if your only input is "muh 40k" and not knowing anything about the other setting.

>"Nothing supernatural by the setting standarts and benchmarks".
user, quite a few Warframes are possessed of abilities that aren't "standard" at all for 40k, barring Chaos (and even then). There's a very good reason as to why Tenno are usually pitted against shit like the Guardians from Destiny, and it isn't just game rivalry. Tenno are raw bullshit given form.

They're literally psykers. Nothing they do is far and away from 40k bullshit.

All of them will need to know he's coming to get into the state where he can't hurt them, so surprise attack will still do them in. And only Limbo can stay in that state indefinitely, the rest he can simply outlast. Mesa isn't even invincible, just tough. With his damage output it's reasonable to imagine he can still overpower her.
Revived shenanigans don't guarantee things, it will turn into a mtach of endurance to see who runs out first - tenno out of revives/warframe tools or vindicare out of bullets.
Limbo did not survive getting scattered, it did him in all right. We don't revive him after that, we're just making copies.
Gara didn't even do the Eidolon Prime with her own power, it was Unum's gadget that did the trick. Gara only acted as a delivery system.
Which brings us to the real question. Forget ninja kids - how would Orokin civilization at the height of their power fare in 40k?

>user, every frame dies to sustained fire.
You should tell that to Trinity, she still hasn't gotten that message after many nerfs.
>And every frame fears the level 100 bombard equally.
Actually I use level 145 bombards to test builds in the Sanctuary.

It's not reasonable because I know enough about both settings. Why do you think I'm replying in this shitty thread?

Read again. I didn't say "standard", I said "within standards and benchmarks". Necron, Eldar and Dark Age of Technology bullshit are within the setting standards, and they all have analogues to tenno powers. Nothing that frames bring to the table really breaks the scale of 40k.

If trinity gets caught with her pants down she crumples like everyone else. Also fuck the nerfs.

Also kek, """builds""". You're either cc or you're melting everything with memes. There are no builds in warfarm. No point in using high level enemies to test anyway since DE in their ever growing retardation killed endless forever ago.

>Forget ninja kids - how would Orokin civilization at the height of their power fare in 40k?
They'd demolish the setting. These were the beings who built pretty much every main threat in the setting/and or set up the groundwork for their rise. These were the beings whose empire didn't fall even when the Sentients came a knocking, and only collapsed because the Tenno went full "Fuck This" mode on their asses. These were beings who considered whole star systems no more than fodder at their height, and the closest equivalent to them (the Grineer. who were naught more than slaves and footsoldiers for them in their prime) in the 'modern' setting have been estimated to be casually outproducing the entirety of the IOM (and most other 40k factions) combined. The full-fledged Orokin Empire annihilates the 40k galaxy on accident and lists the entire thing as 'collateral'.

Bruh my Rhino build never gives a shit about anything. You must not have made the trip to endgame. Hell, sometimes I take a squishy frame and the atterax and just dodge shit that can oneshot me for fun.

The Tenno are retardedly absurd. With modifications, they can generate their own ammunition by simply picking up *any* scattered munitons on the field and convert it into usable ammo, completely regenerate health by touching you *once* in melee range, but the worst and most dire thing about them is their complete and innate understanding of technology and biology.

The Tenno have been known to loot the infested, which are pretty much Silentium Flood but on a lesser scale, and reverse engineer their biology to not only suit their needs, but to be exceedingly effective against the Infested themselves. They can also modify looted/stolen Corpus and Grineer tech, with the former being on par with The Tau and the latter being in between IG and Orks, without radically changing the aesthetics and physical dimensions of said item while making it perform beyond the item's specifications ( Like making a simple pistol fire, what is essentially, a much more deadlier bolter round). Imagine how even more retarded they would be if they looted some lascannons or storm bolters and forma'd the damn things to exceedingly outperform even their relic variants while still maintaining an unassuming and mundane appearance.

The Tenno combine the agility of Eldar, the warp energies and reality altering abilities of Chaos, the endurance of Space Marines, and the lootan' resourcefulness of the Orks in a single Warframe and to say think they wouldn't last a second in the 40k universe is pure 40kid shilling. Sure they might have some trouble with Mary-Sue named characters, but against everything else, they would be giving them some very serious trouble.

>rhino

Mercuryshitter please

>These were beings who considered whole star systems no more than fodder at their height

Not correct. For all their crazy advanced tech, they still couldn't into interstellar travel. They were trapped in the Solar System, the way to get to the nearing stars was their major undertaking. Then one born out of desperation, after they messed Solar System up.

Bitch 'tis prime. GTFO with that shit.

Rhino prime is still rhino, nerd. Have fun on apollodorus. We can talk when you get one of the actually unkillable frames.

>All of them will need to know he's coming to get into the state where he can't hurt them, so surprise attack will still do them in. And only Limbo can stay in that state indefinitely, the rest he can simply outlast. Mesa isn't even invincible, just tough. With his damage output it's reasonable to imagine he can still overpower her. Actually how effective are Vindicares at killing space marines? Particularly Librarians because I've heard they compare pretty well to high level Tenno.
I'll give you that he might be able to over power Mesa or possibly get lucky and catch the ones that have to recast out of their invisibility, but once that happens any not brain dead Tenno would start using cover when they need to recast. And there is a reason almost every one uses Zenurik, infinite energy for casting.
>Revived shenanigans don't guarantee things, it will turn into a mtach of endurance to see who runs out first - tenno out of revives/warframe tools or vindicare out of bullets.
Well it makes it so that the Vinidicare sniper has to catch them with a surprise attack several times in a row before being found or the Tenno competing their objective to 'win' which greatly complicates things for them. Also if things go bad for the Tenno, they can just retreat.
>Limbo did not survive getting scattered, it did him in all right. We don't revive him after that, we're just making copies.
That's all any of the warframes are. The warframes are semi-autonomous drones remotely powered and controlled.
>Gara didn't even do the Eidolon Prime with her own power, it was Unum's gadget that did the trick. Gara only acted as a delivery system.
Fair enough, still that wasn't the absolute end of the warframe.
>Which brings us to the real question. Forget ninja kids - how would Orokin civilization at the height of their power fare in 40k?
Interesting question. Though the did have to depend on the Tenno them selves to defeat the Sentients.

The whole point of the drones/probes that would later grow into the early Sentients was to terraform distant planets and star systems for Orokin inhabitation. They may not have had the capacity to venture ot those systems themselves, but they had the ability to develop tech that could. Theo nly reason why they failed is that they were almost universally highly-arrogant, terrible individuals.

>fucked up the brains of the adults on the ship turning them into raving mad animals and left the kids to fend for themselves

You've got it backwards. Second Dream dialogue options let you say that you were one of the ones that went mad or one of the ones that tried to stop them, and it's pretty obvious that the children who would become the Tenno slaughtered everyone else - and each other. The adults weren't the killers, they were prey. Margulis was attacked by the kids and visibly disfigured like the woman from Ember Prime's codex entry. The first comic has another kid trying to straight-up murder Rell (operator from Chains of Harrow quest).

The martial/ninja training was a way for the Tenno to learn to control themselves because they were basically rabid animals when they were recovered, and the Transference/Warframes were used to constrain their void energies.

The Orokin wanted to just dispose of them/leave them locked up on the moon forever because they clearly weren't worth the time and resources being spent on them, and Margulis was executed when she resisted, letting Ballas eventually repurpose them as weapons against the Sentient.

The story is way better than just "crazy kids with space magic."

>not actually unkillable
What, have you never played with augments? At that point Iron Skin's health ramps up off of enemy numbers, and how much of it I have is also arbitrary, since I can detonate it.
60k hp means I have to be fighting multiple squads of 150's to feel threatened. Bare minimum, Rhino can dive into a full squad with no repercussions. That's the new player's Rhino, not mine.

>any not brain dead Tenno
If their actual in-mission behavior indicates their fluff capabilities, that does not leave them that many chances.

>That's all any of the warframes are. The warframes are semi-autonomous drones remotely powered and controlled.
Fair point, but the thing is, that still destroyed him. Put him in a condition he could not recover on his own.
Plus as we know from the potato's comments, the Transferrence carries the pain feedback. Not impossible to imagine that strong enough pain shock could kill the operator.

user you're embarrassing yourself. Even valkyr would be less shameful than this. Seriously. Yeah rhino's great for a new guy but iron skin is paper skin and if you think otherwise you're not as good at the game as you think you are.

Rhino is mid-tier unkillable if you max his CC. But iron skin? Shitter trap.

Actually, the attempt to colonize another star system was a vanity project. The machines they sent to set things up for them there are what would become the Sentients. They were still sitting pretty as absolute rulers of the Origin system before the Sentient war. They didn't do interstellar colonization before that attempt out of a mix of anxiety of getting stranded, dieing and being leery of using the Void for long distance travel with out the Relays because it's a fucking hellscape that they didn't fully comprehend.

>Otherwise it just straight up kills you, or drives you mad, or wears you like a suit so that it can go on a murderspree in the material world.
That actually pretty much sounds exactly like the Warp.

>Actually, the attempt to colonize another star system was a vanity project.

Not really, their civ was in a state of decay at that point. They fucked up Earth, their underlings were dying out and those of them with their heads not in ther asses (Ballas) could see they were coming next. Colonisation was their effort to save themselves.

>Outproducing the Imperium and all other factions combined.
>Literally a single Solar System.

The only Warframe factions that'd be capable of doing well in 40k (due to sheer scale, the Imperium could literally just drown the Orokin in Guardsmen) are the Tenno (if they got access to interstellar travel) and the Infestation (if they manage to hop aboard enough ships/space hulks without being noticed).

>That fucking sexiest warframe.
More Ivara?

If you say so, user.

I feel like the warframes would have a few advantages.

1 they dont die unless you kill the operator, they just come back

2 operator is often hidden in a pocket plane inside the warp

3 they can call upon the void to pull off some stupidly op shit, like not even their abiloties which are already stupid op. I mean things like void laser blasts that rip apart everything

4 tenno, at least some of them, are stupidly telepathic/technopathic with some of them being able to teleport vast distances through their warframes and jump through technology.

Tenno arent unkillable but damn is it hard to make the death stick.

>Rhino is mid-tier unkillable if you max his CC
>Maxing Rhino CC ever

Sentients could bunker down in their own system pretty well. With the cray-cray stuff they'd managed to bring into Solar during the Old War, one can only guess what batshit insane stuff sits in their home system, where they are capable of reproducing. Since they can't really expand, Imperium will eventually leave them alone (after Sentients learn their lessons in sorties out) because eradicating them on their turf will be too much effort, not worth of one system.

>If their actual in-mission behavior indicates their fluff capabilities, that does not leave them that many chances.
Well canonically they won the war against the Sentients then toppled the Empire of their masters (admittedly with a little help on the latter).

HAI GUISE WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT, 40K OR TIME LORDS AND LADYS

I THINK THE TIME LORDS WILL WIN NO MATTER WHAT BECUZ THEY HAVE TIME TRAVEL AND CAN MANIPULATE STARS ON AN INDUSTRIAL LEVEL. SO NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, THEY CAN JUST COUNTER IT, AND THEREFORE ARE STRONGER THAN EVERYTHING IN 40K.

It was good, once. And really if you wanna rhino I'd say roar. But yeah, it's the best way to avoid damage as a rhino.

You know something bothers me about the time lords. If they can manipulate time why are they constantly losing to the fucking daleks? Why not erase them? Daleks couldnt even climb stairs for decades.

Atleast until the Toa find them and the Sentients get their hands on how ever they get around FTL without the warp.... How do they do that again?

Warframes should be put across as fuck-you assassins. They're like a pocket army that can deploy anywhere and disappear anywhere.

They have little staying power if you can cut them off from resupplies. Like normal armies. Not to say that they can't. The fucking end-game bastards will try to last for hours in Survival, but they are not the most common type.

>Letting the Sentients be left to their own machinations
>Ever
40k would be annihilated in short order in such a scenario. Sentients are a godawful nightmare to deal with if given the opportunity to grow in strength unchecked.

Because Daleks also have time travel, although to a less refined extent.

They did leave the Orokin remnants fuck alone after they thought the job was done. Who knows, they might've been building space communism back home when there was no more war to fight. Not until Hunhow calls them back and tells them it's still not over, because he can't tell Orokin from not-Orokin humans.

So the Time Lords still lose to fucking trash cans whose weakness is fucking stairs in a field where the Time Lords are superior?

If you're going to call yourselves Time Lords, best be god tier at it, yo.

>They have little staying power if you can cut them off from resupplies.
But... the Tenno steal all their materials from who ever they are fighting where ever they go and make almost all their gear in their personal self sustaining mobile base. Even the Dojo's are just R&D while the actual manufacturing takes place on their ship. And if you are talking about on the ground all they have to worry about is ammo, which they steal from enemies and use magic bs to convert any ammo into their ammo.

I think Hunhow is just throwing a shitfit because his daughter decided to abandon him for a bunch of kids touched by the very hellspace that strips them of their ability to reproduce and expand.

He's still acting against the system at large. He tries to go after Alad (who he mistakes for an Orokin), and later tries to take down internets that is cephalon weave - neither of which are directly tied to tenno. His war is still not over.

There are a lot more Daleks than Time Lords.

I wonder if all the Sentients were even supportive of the war idea. The Sentinel companions have in-game noted similarities and possible links to the Sentients.

If warp-energy is anything like the void, psykers can completely wreck them.

Tau actually do "minimal-depth" Warp jumps, if that makes sense. Rather than going in fully they sort of "slip" along the border. At least that's what it was when I read it last time.

The worse (and more likely) option is if Sentients go necron way - invent inertialess FTL drive or learn to highjack into the Webway.

Who knows. If the bubble doesn't burst by the time Steve gets off his lazy ass and works the Tau system into the game as he wanted to we might even learn this.

>If warp-energy is anything like the void
It likely isn't. Warp-stuff is just raw emotional essence and soul power that has been tainted and made into a horrible lashing power that corrupts all in its wake. Whereas the Void is a fully-aware, cold, indifferent thing that straight-up annihilates everything not of it, only corrupting when it chooses to. And the Sentients have still built up semi-decent resistances to the stuff. Unless they run afoul of the likes of Magnus, they'll probably be fine.

my tl;dr opinion:

On an individual scale, the Tenno would be prime face wreckers, there simply isn't enough of them to cause any meaningful changes on the overall picture. Most would likely stick to the Origin system, charged as they are with the protection of the colonists.
The grineer queens would most likely oppose joining the folds of the imperium and be destroyed, probably call it even odds on if the grineer at large would be deemed abhumans or simply exterminated.
The Corpus know there's no profit in annihilation, so they'd grumble, but submit to the admech's rules. Plus the admech may well cut them some slack in exchange for some of that delicious orokin archaetech.

time isn't the be all and end all in Dr Who, and the daleks practically dedicated themselves to outmaneuvering the time lords. The shit they unleashed during the time war was so bad the timelords had to sacrifice their entire race to seal them away, and even then a shitload of daleks avoided that fate (plus timelords had a few tricks up their sleeves too.)
Apart from straight up falling through spacetime to escape, there's alternate timelines, hiding in the space between universes, infecting other species with dormant dalek personalities, etc. It's best not to take Who too seriously since the writers usually aren't very smart and are happy to handwave as much as possible

what if worfram in 40k???

>Void is a fully-aware, cold, indifferent thing that straight-up annihilates everything not of it, only corrupting when it chooses to.

So, Warp in the times when it wasn't as fucked up by living species?

>Warp in the times when it wasn't as fucked up by living species?
From what I've read regarding the immaterium prior to the War In heaven fiasco (and the "LULETERNALCHAOS" shittery), the Warp was just a disjointed network of souls and entities who didn't particularly care for each other (barring Enslaver shenanigans) and just did their own thing. It wasn't necessarily a unified 'entity' with a will of its own and desires, it was just a plane of being for the departed and the unborn. Whereas the Void is one massive entity/force that is either indifferent at best or straight-up hateful towards everything not born or touched by it, and annihilates everything that so much as touches its barest essence without either the proper protection or its own personal 'blessing'.

Rap. Tap. Tap.

Poor, poor Rell.

What an interesting topic for discussion, friend. How many Grineer are worth one Space Marine, do you think?

Depends. Are we talking average lancers or Manic Bombards?

Regular Lancers compared to bare-bones Marines with bolters.

>How many Grineer are worth one Space Marine, do you think?
About tree fiddy.

Whilst each Bolt will fucking rip open a Lancer, Lancers can put down a fuck-load of bullets downrange when they take proper positions.

I'd say 6 Lancers to take down one Space Marine. And only if they concentrate fire.